Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Easy Chicken and Noodles

Jun 11, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This quick recipe feeds a crowd. We usually ate it with homemade bread and a big salad and fruit for dessert.

Serves 18

8 cans cream of chicken condensed soup

10 T. Mexican chicken boullion

17 C. water

1 onion, chopped (or 1 T. onion powder)

4-5 bags egg noodles

chunks of chicken (cooked), optional

pepper to taste

Bring to a boil the soup, boullion, water and onion. Boil 5 min. Add noodles and chicken. Cook until noodles are ready. Add pepper to pot or at table.

4D55C19C-4AD4-4D53-8447-B84E21D7BE9E.jpeg

For all that is holy.  Will someone please explain to me how you call this chicken and noodles if chicken is optional?

• Love 20
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Easy Chicken and Noodles

This quick recipe feeds a crowd. We usually ate it with homemade bread and a big salad and fruit for dessert.

Serves 18

17 C. water

4-5 bags egg noodles

pepper to taste

Bring to a boil the soup, boullion, water and onion. Boil 5 min. Add noodles and chicken. Cook until noodles are ready. Add pepper to pot or at table.

Bwahahahaha I started LOL-ing at the "EIGHT cans of cream of chicken soup."  

That picture has to be from the interwebz.  If you make "soup" with eight cans of a cream soup, you end up with gravy.  Of course, adding the equivalent of a small wading pool's worth of water would tend to thin it down somewhat, I suppose.  I still don't think the photo is an accurate representation of Jill's "recipe," though.

5 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

For all that is holy.  Will someone please explain to me how you call this chicken and noodles if chicken is optional?

Didn't you see the first ingredient?  There's tons of chicken and chicken-flavored miscellany in EIGHT CANS of cream of chicken soup! :)

• Love 13

I literally laughed out loud as soon as I saw this new ''recipe''. Just WTF?

Not much to add to what's already been said (great snark as always), but the misspelling of ''bouillon'' caught my eye (I'm a native French speaker). I would definitely not snark on non-native speakers misspelling it, but Jill, if you're gonna make those ''recipes'' public, you might want to try proofreading and googling prior. It's really neat and totally awesome, trust me. Yay!

• Love 16
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

That ‘recipe’ is an abomination! Why not just cook up a half dozen cans of chicken noodle soup, add a cup of salt, and be done with it?

My father used to make chicken noodle soup from scratch like his mother used to make. The main ingredient? Chicken! A whole one, right in the pot with water, carrots, celery, mushrooms and onions. No canned soup, no bouillon cubes; just real, fresh ingredients.  He and my grandmother would both be weeping to think that anyone would call that concoction chicken noodle soup.

I can barely cook, and even I know that homemade chicken soup is as easy as tossing a whole chicken in the pot with veggies and seasoning. 

• Love 9

She looks like her usual foolish self in the photos.  Is she going to be making those goofy faces when she's 50?  Gawd.

Salty-ass noodles.  No fiber, protein optional.  She must have chronic constipation.  I suppose that was an advantage in the TTH, in order to use the toilet less.

• Love 14
(edited)

My gawd, can't that family eat even one green vegetable....even when they eat out they eat bland or brown colored texture-less food...  heavy on pasta, creamed sauces...

Guess it slides into their gobs and comes out their exit holes pretty much the same...

Their colons have nothing to do (doo) other than to grow polyps or have weakened walls from all the salt, fat, soft foods that they shovel in......

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Well my mentioned Ree Drummond DID have a recipe for cinnamon toast and it was featured on her show.  Seriously.  So I am going with the old peanut butter on celery as her next blog post.  With instructions.

I urge everyone to go to her site and look up Ree's recipe for "The Bread." Jill can't even hope to post the most idiotic recipe.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I'm more surprised that Jessa hasn't announced. 

I'm starting to think that Jessa and Ben are using what Jinger and Jeremy used the first year.  I'm not sure about Jill and Derick whether they abstain for whatever reason or Derick's church of choice not opposing birth control let Jill feel free to use a method.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

That picture has to be from the interwebz.  If you make "soup" with eight cans of a cream soup, you end up with gravy.  Of course, adding the equivalent of a small wading pool's worth of water would tend to thin it down somewhat, I suppose.  I still don't think the photo is an accurate representation of Jill's "recipe," though.

Didn't you see the first ingredient?  There's tons of chicken and chicken-flavored miscellany in EIGHT CANS of cream of chicken soup! :)

it was the TEN TEASPOONS of  bouillon that got me ...on top of all the cream of sodium soups! ALSO, LOLZ that in the shopping photo, they are in the soup aisle.  She should just buy 50 gallon drums of it. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

it was the TEN TEASPOONS of  bouillon that got me ...on top of all the cream of sodium soups! ALSO, LOLZ that in the shopping photo, they are in the soup aisle.  She should just buy 50 gallon drums of it. 

The "T"in the recipe is capitalized, which might even indicate 10 Tbs! Ouch!

Way to make even a non-recipe confusing to follow...

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The "T"in the recipe is capitalized, which might even indicate 10 Tbs! Ouch!

Way to make even a non-recipe confusing to follow...

I have always thought T was teaspoon, TB was tablespoon

• Love 3

I am sooo tired of Jill’s go to “surprised”. Ambers face. She looks like a damn moron!

I also wonder why her parents got her teeth straightened when all we see are her gums. She has a horrible smile 

• Love 9

Mrs. Brundi’s Chocolate Chip Cookies

Jun 6, 2018 | Recipes | 3 

What makes these common cookies uncommon? It’s the scrunching, so don’t skip that step! Mrs. Brundi is a friend of my family’s and is known for always having a batch of warm chocolate chip cookies ready to share with her friends. When she moved away, she shared her secret with us…scrunch your cookie to make it soft in the middle, thick all around, and a little crispy on the edges! Here is the recipe!

Makes 2 dozen cookies

2 sticks butter (1 cup; not too soft)

3/4 C sugar

3/4 C brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

2 1/4 C white flour

1 t. baking soda

1 t. salt

3 C chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, mix together flour, soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients and mix. Add chocolate chips and gently mix. Scoop by generous tablespoon size onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 min. While still warm, use 2 spoons to scrunch cookies on all sides. Let cool. Enjoy with a glass of chilled milk!

From the comments:

Xxxxxx June 6, 2018 at 8:19 am 

What does it mean to “scrunch” the cookies. Please explain

Derick & Jill on June 6, 2018 at 11:09 am 

Hey Denise,
So for scrunching, you just use a couple spoons to push the cookies in (toward the middle) on all sides.

797BDB50-AA40-4C4D-BA2E-1F7904319CCA.jpeg

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

And crazy decorating!  

"My Buddha, she's faux"

I could believe it if you told me Jill said this instead of Sandra. Only Jill would add a Yay and spell faux wrong. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

That is the exact recipe off the Nestle chocolate chip bag, with the exception of the ridiculous "scrunching."

Yep, as soon as I read it I thought, "nope, that's Nestle's recipe that Mrs. Brundi claimed she made up". ... sounds like the Fundy thing to do, pass of others recipes as your own.

At least very least that means the recipe is both palatable and in a normal volume.

Except "scrunching" is beyond dumb. Just drop spoonfuls from a regular table spoon and you'll get the same result. And it's not like it does anything to the taste of the cookies. 

• Love 11

I still don’t understand what scrunching the cookie is. Does that make ME the dumb one? ? And how does it affect the crunchy/chewy factor if the cookie is already baked?

Note that with this recipe she uses both tsp and t. While I am being nitpicky, the abbreviation for cup is lowercase c, not uppercase C.

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Mrs. Brundi’s Chocolate Chip Cookies

Jun 6, 2018 | Recipes | 3 

What makes these common cookies uncommon? It’s the scrunching, so don’t skip that step! Mrs. Brundi is a friend of my family’s and is known for always having a batch of warm chocolate chip cookies ready to share with her friends. When she moved away, she shared her secret with us…scrunch your cookie to make it soft in the middle, thick all around, and a little crispy on the edges! Here is the recipe!

Makes 2 dozen cookies

2 sticks butter (1 cup; not too soft)

3/4 C sugar

3/4 C brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

2 1/4 C white flour

1 t. baking soda

1 t. salt

3 C chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, mix together flour, soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients and mix. Add chocolate chips and gently mix. Scoop by generous tablespoon size onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 min. While still warm, use 2 spoons to scrunch cookies on all sides. Let cool. Enjoy with a glass of chilled milk!

From the comments:

Xxxxxx June 6, 2018 at 8:19 am 

What does it mean to “scrunch” the cookies. Please explain

Derick & Jill on June 6, 2018 at 11:09 am 

Hey Denise,
So for scrunching, you just use a couple spoons to push the cookies in (toward the middle) on all sides.

797BDB50-AA40-4C4D-BA2E-1F7904319CCA.jpeg

Ok so basically its the Tollhouse recipe with one extra cup of chips and no nuts.  OH!  And the scrunching.  Jill, we see you.  Or rather, Mrs. Brundi, we see you.   Give credit where it is due.  

*I make a mean choc chip cookie and my recipe makes it crunchy which is my preference.  They make THE BEST ice cream sammies.  I did not create my recipe either (altered it a little) and if it were a name brand recipe I would say who it was from. Now I call it a random recipe my sister found over 20 years ago and I do not know who originally made it.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

That is the exact recipe off the Nestle chocolate chip bag, with the exception of the ridiculous "scrunching."

HAHAHAHA! it's like that Friends' episode! "Things like this is why you are BURNIMG IN HELL!"

• Love 18
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That recipe calls for a gallon plus one cup of water.  16 cups to a gallon.  Over a gallon of water. In. The . Soup.  4-5 bags of noodles.  How big is the bag?  I just can't with this?

• Love 14
(edited)

WEDDING DRESS PHOTO:

I've finally found the only thing (other than Botox) than can stop Jill from manically raising her eyebrows in every photo--apparently you can't manically raise your eyebrows while squinting into the sun.

Cathy has a nice figure, it's a shame she cuts her hair herself with a bowl on her head.  She could be much nicer looking.

I saw this on Facebook and it reminded me of Dillweed and his missions.

Holy God Above! this is perfection!!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3
(edited)

The Duggar kids probably thought these cookies were amazing because their MOTY never baked a damn thing. It hand nothing to do with this bullshit “scrunching” that does absolutely nothing to change the flavor. 

The Nestle recipe is good, I base mine off of that but add more vanilla and change the brown to white sugar ratio, and throw in butterscotch chips in with chocolate chips. They’re amazing but I’m not going to post it on the internet like I invented something. 

If they intend for this website to generate enough income to live off of, they need to seriously step up their game. They won’t, but eventually this “new direction” will fizzle our just like everything else they’ve tried. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

The fact that all the recipes Jill has posted so far has been in various shades of brown makes me a little sad. Like, these are the best happy nostalgia childhood recipes that she can come up with and they are all just... brown.

Bland, white bread recipes for a bland, white bread Duggar brood.

• Love 15

Do you guys think that if she had some minestrone soup she would consider it too exotic for their white bread taste? Or that it might be too complicated? Too many veggies and you can add pasta, might just blow her mind. 

• Love 8
On 6/11/2018 at 4:29 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can see Cross Church wanting Jill to be there with her husband.  The program is probably always looking for more marks students.  Her presence shows that the program is not too onerous for a married man with a family.  The church probably also sent some single men as well.  I can also see the church wanting to capitalize on the Duggar fame and Derick is worthless to them without his wife. 

Plus, the poster does say "women's ministry", which to me implies that women attend the program, because I can't imagine they mean for the men to be educated in women's ministry - that would be too progressive.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Do you guys think that if she had some minestrone soup she would consider it too exotic for their white bread taste? Or that it might be too complicated? Too many veggies and you can add pasta, might just blow her mind. 

Mixing both green and red vegetables is probably a sin in a Duggar household.   

• Love 12
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Easy Chicken and Noodles

Serves 18

17 C. water

4-5 bags egg noodles

pepper to taste

Jesus weeps.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

That soup is a stroke in a pot.

how are the duggars not dead or morbidly obese?

jill with the wide mouth makes me cringe. Hope a fly flies in there.

At least it would be some protein vs her chicken water soup laden with salt.

• Love 20

That’s not a pic of creamy soup. Why not do regular Campbell’s chicken noodle soup with extra noodles, carrots, celery, green beans, mushrooms, onion, more chicken? Were they really that freaking poor? They’re not obese because no one could get a big enough portion.  Ughhh

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

JimBlob...his gut and man boobs have the same circumference....made you look....

Jess is trying to hide her baby bump with stringy hair and slumping and wearing one of Bin's t shirts.....

He is such a dream boat. 

He can nurse several grandsons with those knockers. 

Yes you made me look lol. 

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, MrsClaus said:

Can someone please call Gordon Ramsay.  This is just insane.  Jill thinks she is a chef now? 

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

At least it would be some protein vs her chicken water soup laden with salt.

LOL! You people are killing me this morning ???

Thanks for the laughs :D

• Love 6