Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Derrick cannot have a job. Jill's delicate clinging personality just can't tolerate Derrick being more than 2 feet away from her for more than an hour or two. I do want to know how he isn't screaming by now.

• Love 10

Most of Jilly Muffin's problem is the fact that her family refuses to allow any "outside" influence or educational effort. They don't read. I'll bet the siblings haven't seen a newspaper in a year, if they've ever seen one at all. They don't watch anything that's not "bible based" or contains any knowledge that didn't emanate from Gothard, Inc. They don't spend time with anyone who might be a critical thinker, or anyone who has more than a high school diploma. (Triple D is not an exception; he doesn't strike me as smart, either). Jim Boob and J-Chelle wanted dumbed down, compliant children, and that's what they got.

They pride themselves on it.

As some of the fundies I used to know love to parrot: "Jesus said it. I believe it. That settles it."

Jesus said some great things. It's the rest of the bible I have issues with.

• Love 9

Don't ask me why, but I watched most of the Izzy birth (almost death) episode this morning on You Tube. After listening to Derick speak in their TH's, I really wonder how he made it thru college. I know everyone isn't born a public speaker but after being on TV a year, you would think his words would flow more smoothly. It was a toss up of who spoke worse - both he & Jilly Muffin won that honor. God help Izzy.

• Love 1

In my totally irredeemable moments, I wonder if on some level they are thinking a Zika-baby might not be that bad. After all, since they are so Godly everything would turn out OK anyway (like it has with Miracle Josie) and think of all the attention/sympathy/donations an affected baby would get them--not to mention the TLC multiple-year contract that might well follow.

I really hope I'm wrong and this is just more of my misanthropy and cynicism. But every time I read this forum, it leaps to mind.

• Love 1

THE LORD will protect them.

And someone who was actually smart would a) get on birth control until they could leave the country and b) invest in netting, screens for windows, etcetera.

This share/"like" bait meme showed up on my facebook today..."GOD IS MY HEALER...No matter what my body is telling me I trust God to heal me and bless me with vibrant health and overflowing joy. Write Amen and share"

It was shared by my sister in law who is, for the most part, a pretty intelligent person with a mainstream education. But over the past couple of years she seems, increasingly, to be getting caught up with this sort of mindset. If she can look at a sentiment like this and find it a reasonable approach to maintaining good health, I can't imagine someone having grown up in a brainwashed cult even realizing that there's anything wrong with it. They have been trained so well that thinking outside of their box will put them on a path fraught with Satan's traps and wiles that their minds probably snap shut as soon as they sense that an original thought might be creeping up on them.

• Love 6

If you're up for some self-flagellation, here's a video featuring the Dullards' boss, Mike Schadt, his doughy, ginger son, and the grandson of the interviewer. The pain starts about 9 minutes in (or watch the entire thing for a really disgusting recipe containing cream cheese, two kinds of grated cheese, and pizza sauce, among other things. This was done right before the December missioncations took place. 

• Love 1

Wishing I could sit Jill down and make her watch a few episodes of Call the Midwife (my new binge-watching favorite). Imagine nuns and educated young women acting as caring, competent, well-trained midwives right in their own country and actually helping people! I haven't seen Jill and Derrick actually help a single person so far.

Edited by RowdyCam
  • Love 12
Imagine Catholic nuns and educated young women acting as caring, competent, well-trained midwives right in their own country and actually helping people!

Just a nitpick from a fellow Call the Midwife fan, but they are actually Anglican nuns. At least that is what the memoirs the series is based on says; I don't remember if it was mentioned on the show at all. I found that really interesting because I didn't even know that Protestant nuns existed!

• Love 6

Did I miss the explanation for why there was a diaper on OVER the onesie in that picture?

It looks like a diaper cover (think of plastic pants of bygone days) which is put over the cloth diaper. I would think you would put the onesie over the cover to prevent it from getting wet & worse but I guess they'll find out the hard way.

• Love 2

I love Call the Midwife! I've watched every single episode. Just imagine Jill going into all sorts of different households and behaving completely professional and non-judgemental. She could see that it is totally (!) possible to have a career and still be a mommy.

• Love 2

Ughhhh If Jill and Derick were true missionaries they would be asking for money for mosquito nets, OFF and condoms, Jill could take her 'education' and teach the locals ( who probably already know) about NFP. Would the Catholics use condoms in these circumstances?

It makes my blood boil that JIll is down there spreading irresponsible breeding with the Zitka virus going on. Her pea brain doesn't even comprehend the damage she can/will do. Thank GOD she is barely proficient in English and completely incompetent in Spanish so nobody will be influenced by her drivel.

Perhaps Jill and Derick's inability to speak coherently in ANY language is God's way of stopping them from spreading the word of the cult leader Gothard. What is that bible story , Tower of Babel? This is their Babel, lol.

• Love 9

Just a nitpick from a fellow Call the Midwife fan, but they are actually Anglican nuns. At least that is what the memoirs the series is based on says; I don't remember if it was mentioned on the show at all. I found that really interesting because I didn't even know that Protestant nuns existed!

That's because Anglicans come in different shades - they would be very High Church, which is near inseparable from the Catholic Church. In fact, you'd hardly know the difference if you were to go to their Mass service. I remember I was in London years ago, attending a Service and couldn't tell if it was A or C til Communion.....

Jill is an idiot. I think this is what happens when you raise your children to be dumb, deaf and blind to everything but their parents, when you crush their spirit in every way, when you beat them up every time they don't do the sweet countenance...it's so sad

• Love 3

Interesting that this lady interviewer is wearing PANTS! And the missionary boss is wearing shorts and sandals (I guess we've seen Derrick wearing shorts and sandals).

I could not sit through this whole thing.

Don't worry. I couldn't either.

It looks like a diaper cover (think of plastic pants of bygone days) which is put over the cloth diaper. I would think you would put the onesie over the cover to prevent it from getting wet & worse but I guess they'll find out the hard way.

They don't use cloth diapers.

Someone suggested that the onesie is too small and the diaper cover hides that issue.

i love call the midwives too. i dont think any new episodes are on now, are they?   it would be interesting seeing jill in action doing deliveries down in CA. (btw...CA is the abbreviation for california. it took me a while to figure out that on this forum it means central america).   : )

• Love 2

i love call the midwives too. i dont think any new episodes are on now, are they?   it would be interesting seeing jill in action doing deliveries down in CA. (btw...CA is the abbreviation for california. it took me a while to figure out that on this forum it means central america).   : )

lol I am so happy I wasn't alone on my confusion with the CA acronym. It took me way longer than it should have to realize that no, Jill and Derick weren't in California - or Canada.

I don't really want to see Jill doing deliveries anywhere only because I would fear for the health of the child and especially the mother. But, if she's doing them anyway I guess it would be interesting to see them. (if she is, I don't think we have heard that she is)

• Love 2

ol I am so happy I wasn't alone on my confusion with the CA acronym. It took me way longer than it should have to realize that no, Jill and Derick weren't in California

Not just you two. Whenever I read it, I see California and have to mentally backtrack and correct myself.

• Love 4

It looks like a pocket diaper or an AIO.  I sort of understood when they had the plaid one that matched the sticker on his shirt, but as a general fashion statement, it just looks weird.

I read pickles for the first time in a long time - she has a post of SOS missioncationers (NOT Jill and Derick) literally going into a Catholic catholic to evangelize to people. My mind was blown. Again, it wasn't Jill and Derick, just their sometimes bosses and fellow grifters.

• Love 2

There is a photo that is apparently causing a bruhaha because of the bruise on Izzy's forehead, but I was startled by how rough Derrick looks!  I thought he looked sort of cute when they were first together.  Now he looks really bad.  A combination of too much facial hair on a too-gaunt face, and his oral surgery, perhaps?

http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/1109823/jill-duggars-baby-photo-bruise?ref=yfp

Izzy looks like the smartest one of the bunch.

Which child had the black eye-hits-corner-of-table bruise?

And whose kid was climbing that open staircase unattended?

I read pickles for the first time in a long time - she has a post of SOS missioncationers (NOT Jill and Derick) literally going into a Catholic catholic to evangelize to people. My mind was blown. Again, it wasn't Jill and Derick, just their sometimes bosses and fellow grifters.

In Spanish? Interesting to hear how they explain the differences between the Christianity the Catholics already know and their warped fundie version.

• Love 1

The government of El Salvador is actually advising women not to get pregnant until 2018 because of Zika. Impractical advice, but it's the perfect excuse for the Dillards to come home, what with no one needing Jill's midwifery "skills".

• Love 5

In Spanish? Interesting to hear how they explain the differences between the Christianity the Catholics already know and their warped fundie version.

The concept and the delivery are hilarious to me. Catholics are just flocking to see Derick in his plays and suddenly converting.......avert the Pope because he must be worried about his peeps going in the wrong direction!!

• Love 2

They both are looking rough. They're both in their early 20s and look like they're pushing 30 easily. Does having one child do that to you?

Jill merely looks like she's turning 29 for the 3rd time, poor Derick looks like he's got 3 months to live.
  • Love 10

The government of El Salvador is actually advising women not to get pregnant until 2018 because of Zika. Impractical advice, but it's the perfect excuse for the Dillards to come home, what with no one needing Jill's midwifery "skills".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/as-zika-virus-spreads-el-salvador-asks-women-not-to-get-pregnant-until-2018/2016/01/22/1dc2dadc-c11f-11e5-98c8-7fab78677d51_story.html

Washington Post article about the request. I'm interested in what the Dillard's have to say about this issue, but I bet they will just ignore it as usual.

• Love 2

After the year that the Duggars have had, I think it's a clear sign from their vengeful God that it's time to sit down and stfu.

Naww no one would ever tell a Duggar that, and certainly God or Jesus wouldn't! They're too special for it. They must just need to pray harder.

• Love 1

If you're up for some self-flagellation, here's a video featuring the Dullards' boss, Mike Schadt, his doughy, ginger son, and the grandson of the interviewer. The pain starts about 9 minutes in (or watch the entire thing for a really disgusting recipe containing cream cheese, two kinds of grated cheese, and pizza sauce, among other things. This was done right before the December missioncations took place. 

After hearing these people speak, I realize just how desperate Jill and Derrick must have been to escape Duggarland.  

That recipe- OMG.  Yuck!  Worse than TTC or Chickenetti.  Just dump a bunch of cheese in a bowl, cook it and eat it with breadsticks.  WTF???

This 'ministry' is so scary - but just as scary is the hair on the woman doing the interview.  I have to admonish the poster of this video to please take yourself to the prayer closet.  I actually watched the entire video and am certain I lost brain cells that I will never get back.  

• Love 4

That recipe- OMG.  Yuck!  Worse than TTC or Chickenetti.  Just dump a bunch of cheese in a bowl, cook it and eat it with breadsticks. WTF???

Fundie fondue? TTC and Chickenetti both sound way nastier to me, but all of the above sound bad.

• Love 1

Didn't I just see a commercial from Kraft (?) bragging that they're now going to start adding cream cheese to the grated mozzarella? 

Ahead of the curve, them guys.

• Love 1