Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I actually told Jill that in a comment I posted on her IG.  I said it in a very nice way (I really did!), and the leghumpers still gave me hell about it.  Obviously Jill either didn’t read it or she read it and decided that I didn’t know what I was talking about. 

I have done the same, with same results!  They don’t let you say anything that’s not glowing and positive. 

3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190620-111752_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.1213c9ea1b3eaf6acc32310126238434.jpg

Are you kidding me? You can get a 2xl t-shirt at Walmart for $7 and  C&L wants $23 for this ugly thing. 

Totally doesn’t match and makes her look bigger than she is!  Her hair looks good up though. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190620-111752_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.1213c9ea1b3eaf6acc32310126238434.jpg

Are you kidding me? You can get a 2xl t-shirt at Walmart for $7 and  C&L wants $23 for this ugly thing. 

I would wear this outfit*

*on a lazy home day**

**when I'm at the sewing machine all day (also maybe a quick trip to seven eleven, which is half a minute from my building)***

***i like to be comfy okay?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

8F16614A-D7CA-4606-BF71-24CEE3F67381.jpeg

Weird poll because yes, everyone has yelled at their kids before. Very odd thing to ask and very odd choice of photo to use to ask said question. And if the yelling has tipped into excessive territory, it may be a sign of depression or anxiety. Not that she’s get that properly treated. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Weird poll because yes, everyone has yelled at their kids before. Very odd thing to ask and very odd choice of photo to use to ask said question. And if the yelling has tipped into excessive territory, it may be a sign of depression or anxiety. Not that she’s get that properly treated. 

Nah,  she’ll start the baby voice routine. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

I would wear this outfit*

*on a lazy home day**

**when I'm at the sewing machine all day (also maybe a quick trip to seven eleven, which is half a minute from my building)***

***i like to be comfy okay?

I'm not a fashion plate at home either, but I don't have pictures taken and post them with the apparent idea that my clothes are attractive and that you should buy them!  I don't care what Jill wears or how she looks but publishing pictures as though she is deluded enough to think she looks good and she is a good model for this crap is beyond belief.

• Love 19

I think she looks cute for running errands. Although I like my shorts pretty short like a true hussy. She should have bought a blue or black tee a size smaller. I have that same shirt - Hanes - $6. 

Are they going to do anything with that yard? Now is the time for a kiddie pool or slip and slide. It looks like they just stand there. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I may be confabulating here, but didn't Dillwad say that he AND his family would not be appearing on TLC's Counting On, after he was called out for his rants about Jazz?

If questioned, he'd probably rationalize it by saying that Jill was there in her official capacity as a midwife and that he made an exception in this family emergency (same with her presence at Joy's delivery).

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

If questioned, he'd probably rationalize it by saying that Jill was there in her official capacity as a midwife and that he made an exception in this family emergency (same with her presence at Joy's delivery).

Yeah, my guess is she’s not getting anything directly from TLC (or Boob in clear official response to her appearances, as none of the offspring but Jing are likely getting nothing directly from TLC), and that it’s an exception due to circumstances. Jill spoke to the camera, but never did an actual talking head later.

ETA: While I think Der loathes TLC enough that this *isn’t* actually the reason, it’s also not like it hurts her other online shilling to occasionally appear onscreen when major circumstances dictate her presence (...from their perspective, NOT mine, re birth 😣). Remind her former audience of her and all.

Edited by WalrusGirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/19/2019 at 2:00 PM, ginger90 said:
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

This woman doesn’t understand fit at all. She reminds me of several friends who’ve lost 60plus pounds but still think they are their old size. That color green is good for her.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

The rule of thumb is if you are wearing one oversized piece of clothing, the rest should be form fitting. Those shorts need to be taken in!! (Replaced would be better, though...)

I vote for “burned”...

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was smiling at the comments upthread comparing the the clothes Jill's shilling to things you can buy at Walmart. I was at Walmart yesterday and thought about that while looking at the women's clothing. I bought a couple of pair of lightweight trousers for just under $16 each. I saw some pants that looked much nicer than the green pair Jill was promoting, for less than half the $38 (I think it was) that Jill's wrinkled pants were going for. And yes, there are racks of t-shirts that look the same or better than the one she wore with those shorts, for $10 or less. 

Then this evening I was at Kohl's (yeah, I'm picking up a few new things to spruce up my look for the summer) and saw some pants priced a bit less than $38 - they are similar to the green ones Jill wore, but made of a *much* nicer fabric and look just overall of better quality. I do agree, that green is a good color on her. 

Do people really buy that stuff from Vegetables and Rutabaga, or shop at those boutiques selling cheap clothes at inflated prices? Do Jill's leghumpers have money to burn like that? Or do they ooh and ah and give her nice feedback, and then continue to buy their clothes from Walmart and Kohl's and Goodwill? (Nothing against Goodwill; I shop there too!)

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, dariafan said:

Can she get whoever is taking the picture to take it some where she isn’t squinting?

Well, in the past she's said it's... Izzy!, so if uniformly true, maybe he's mastered centering a human being, but can't make any needed adjustments with the light going in a different direction (I still don't understand "white balance" with the iPhone, as I keep expecting it to make the necessary adjustments in order not to give me yellow indoor pictures.  It does not.)

• Love 2

I haven't seen the episode yet but have 2 questions. Is that the reason its going to be on at 11pm..becuase  Jill is on? and Is Jill making a comeback to counting on?? 

(edited)
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I Shall Not Die is 108 pages. Is that really even a book?

I had cancer. I prayed to Jesus. He healed me because he loves me more than anyone else. The End. There's your book.

3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Wait a minute. Cathy had stem cell treatment?

I thought she said on social media that her life was saved by Jesus.

Maybe Jesus performed it...?

Edited by Annb67
  • LOL 22
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I Shall Not Die is 108 pages. Is that really even a book?

For fiction,  the difference between a novel and a novella is word count.  I'm not sure about nonfiction,  but this is definitely on the low side.  Especially since people do take into consideration the page count when deciding to purchase. If you only have the money for one book, many people will buy the one that appears to be longer unless the book is exceptional.   I highly doubt that this one is, though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

My late friend wrote a God thanking book about her cancer story too - when it appeared she had survived.  Then it came back.  I still miss her and hope for a better result for Cathy.  She's trying to save souls with her story.  But lots of people survive cancer.  I did, although I never wrote a book about it!  She can believe whatever she wants, but she is very fortunate to have had such great medical care available to her.  I'm guessing she self published this little book?

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Zella said:

She used Westbow Press, which is the self-publishing wing of Thomas Nelson/Zondervan. 

That sounds about right.  She did not get an advance, but will get to keep most of the profits.  I will say that the ebook price is decent at $3.99. If she gets Jill to promote the book on Instagram,  she might sell a few thousand copies and make back whatever she had to pay the publisher.   And if it sells well, she probably might get regular distribution from the publisher.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/20/2019 at 3:07 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

That looks like some Basic Editions pajamas from Walmart. $12.96 per pair. 

Individually they are okay pieces, but together its just an ugly a** outfit.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Happy 5th wedding anniversary to Jill and Dereck! You know Jill has rubbed lotion all over in anticipation of coitus with Dereck the insect. And side by side sushi date!

Yay!

Coitus with Dereck the insect!! I'm sitting on the beach laughing like a loon now! 

He's probably a minute man. Two pump chump. While Jilly lays there on her back, and thinks about Jesus. All done in a dark of course. 

• LOL 17
(edited)

Gosh. I'm no fashionista, and my clothes are low end and high end. I do look at fashion blogs once in a while for suggestions how to style things. I'm presentable when I go out, and I have no intention of trying to "influence" anybody.

Jill is playing outside of her ballpark. She needs to stick to things she knows like wrangling a dozen kids in a stink bus or feeding a crowd for fifty-five cents a person. Her fans might want to know this stuff. The prices of those clothes she tries to model are nuts for what they are. I doubt her followers are spending that kind of money. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

So in the above pic, Dilldo couldn't be bothered to put his arm or arms around Jill?  How can they still be so awkward with one another?  I find it hard to believe they've had sex twice, let alone do it often, like Jill wants everyone to think.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Who in the sam hill would want to sit through their wedding video again?  I bet she doesn't even watch it.

Not admitting I watch it but I just may have this on my VCR along with Jessa's. 

Please don't  judge.   We have all done stupid things in our lives.  

• LOL 20
  • Love 2

They aged 10 years while married wowza.

1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

Who in the sam hill would want to sit through their wedding video again?  I bet she doesn't even watch it.

She probably watches it 4 times a week before you know the horizontal dance with the insect.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 6/20/2019 at 10:25 AM, Mindthinkr said:

It’s not only that she looks badly doing it, but it also is going to cause wrinkles later in life. Oh, I forgot she’s a lotion addict. Does that include sunscreen? 

I think Jill is beginning and look older than Michelle.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Not admitting I watch it but I just may have this on my VCR along with Jessa's. 

Please don't  judge.   We have all done stupid things in our lives.  

I had jinger's, until my DVR box broke, and I had to get a new one!

• LOL 2