Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

OK.  Jill posted a picture of cute toddler toes and their attached feet.  It might work out well for people on her SM to chime in with "Awww" and "I remember how cute my kids feet were when they were small", but it doesn't have a lot of traction here as a topic of discussion.

Jessa's latest was born with both feet, right?  Because I could see some pretty rude comments otherwise.

Pardon me?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Baby and toddler feet are pretty darn cute, I'll give her that...but it also makes me think back to all the posts where we have snarked on the possibility of Dreck having a bit of a foot fetish, and that makes me feel just a wee bit skeeved out. I wonder if he has been waxing poetic on the subject.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Baby and toddler feet are pretty darn cute, I'll give her that...but it also makes me think back to all the posts where we have snarked on the possibility of Dreck having a bit of a foot fetish, and that makes me feel just a wee bit skeeved out. I wonder if he has been waxing poetic on the subject.

My mind went there too. 😖

• Love 4

I wonder if Citrus and Lemon has contacted Jill to ask if she iron the clothing before modelling it?  And get her hair out of the way?  If it is a "paid partnership", then surely they monitor her posts and are within their rights to ask for improvements to the content.

12 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I wonder if she’s got a one-year contract or something. It can’t be costing Crap & Moreso much to send her free stuff, given these heinous markups. I would be shocked if she’s making more than a couple hundred bucks a month (if that) outside of the freebies.

Her leghumpers aren’t exactly rolling in money if they’re all STAH moms with a gazillion kids. And all of them can’t be stupid; every time any of them walks through a Walmart or a Target they’ll see lower prices and better quality than this stuff.

For her leghumpers, buying something off the site is probably a splurge purchase.  I can see some of them buying one item, having a nasty surprise when they see how restrictive the return policies are, and not making a repeat purchase.  But it's still a sale that C & L may not have had without Jill.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I wonder if Citrus and Lemon has contacted Jill to ask if she iron the clothing before modelling it?  And get her hair out of the way?  If it is a "paid partnership", then surely they monitor her posts and are within their rights to ask for improvements to the content.

I've been thinking a lot about this. In my job, I've worked at companies where our brands partnered with "brand ambassadors" or "brand influencers" to promote our line/product/etc. Now, granted, we were working with a much larger budget than I'm guessing Lemon and Lime does and with bigger celebrities than Jill, but we (and our agencies) ALWAYS had very explicit instructions for what was an approved way for the influencer to post. I mean, instructions written into the contract that were clear as day and all posts were approved by us before the influencer made them public. It was to protect both us and the influencer--we weren't surprised by terrible pictures or copy and the influencer's job was made easier because he/she knew what to aim for and what to avoid. 

At the very least, Lemon and Lime needs to start sending Jill detailed instructions of how to post (don't squint into the sun, make sure the background is more aspirational than your crappy driveway, freaking iron the clothes first, etc.). A poor influencer reflects back badly on the brand and no one wins. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

I've been thinking a lot about this. In my job, I've worked at companies where our brands partnered with "brand ambassadors" or "brand influencers" to promote our line/product/etc. Now, granted, we were working with a much larger budget than I'm guessing Lemon and Lime does and with bigger celebrities than Jill, but we (and our agencies) ALWAYS had very explicit instructions for what was an approved way for the influencer to post. I mean, instructions written into the contract that were clear as day and all posts were approved by us before the influencer made them public. It was to protect both us and the influencer--we weren't surprised by terrible pictures or copy and the influencer's job was made easier because he/she knew what to aim for and what to avoid. 

At the very least, Lemon and Lime needs to start sending Jill detailed instructions of how to post (don't squint into the sun, make sure the background is more aspirational than your crappy driveway, freaking iron the clothes first, etc.). A poor influencer reflects back badly on the brand and no one wins. 

I figure that C & L are a newer company and are learning as they go.  I have a feeling that if Jill is bringing in sales then they are not looking too closely at her posts.  This feels like a young company staffed by young women who are not that business savvy.  Just take a look at their website--

DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY (OUTSIDE OF THE US)?

We do ship outside of the US, but unfortunately free shipping does not apply to these items.  Shipping can cost $12 or more depending on how much you order and the type of shipping.  When you proceed to checkout, there will be multiple options for shipping and will show you the price option.  You may have to pay to pick up your package too have some customers have had to.  All of these fees depend on where you are located.  You can also contact us at info@citrusandlemon.com and we will be happy to give you an estimated cost of shipping to your country.

Not only is this grammatically incorrect, the tone is off for a business.  My guess is that the company is run by a handful of women, who are also the models on the website.  I also noticed that the pictures on the accessory page are barely photoshopped.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

I thought they would care!  On another show one person is advertising those peel on nail polish things and her nails look like shit.  I had to just tweet the company and let them know BAD example of an influencer.  This gal makes Jill look like a freaking Kardashian influencing something in comparison.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Amazon reviews for that book are hilarious. It's not The Kama Sutra. But an updated and apparently fairly tame version.

Choice reviews:

"No new ideas. This would be a great book for a virgin or someone who has only done missionary. For the sexually experienced there is nothing in here you have not already seen or done. The respect and relationship part is nice but a no-brainer."

"It's ok, but I wouldn't really be expecting to learn any new positions. Its sweet that its talks about cooking dinner together and cuddling. But that not what I was looking for."

Other reviews mention that it has tasteful drawings rather than photography to illustrate things.

I bet the real book would probably offend and/or confuse her and Derick both. . . .

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 21
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190625-120506_Instagram.thumb.jpg.23319ef7e3e09b812414d8ebfb69424f.jpg

We get it you have sex! You didn't need to include a picture of your foreplay activities. 

ezgif-3-852ae6f71f2e.gif.bfddf620a9aa3c39f8a2ab696b2b78d8.gif

It's just silly shit, isn't it?  Does Jill reward the goon with candy if he "performs"?  Are they dumb fucks, or what?

This bunch are experts at anything and everything they do and therefore are able to advise others.  How do such mediocre people get such exalted opinions of themselves?  Oh, I know the answer - they are "celebrities" and have had inflated views of themselves reinforced for years, but it would be a welcome miracle if a tiny amount of self-awareness crept in somewhere.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

Checked out the reviews on Amazon 😂

Screenshot_20190625-132847.jpg.8a3327eed2e65c146db5c22bf31d5a67.jpgScreenshot_20190625-132740.jpg.0e116a9ee6919c1be500221f7abd7217.jpg

One person recommends it for newlywed Christian couples who want to try something new. 

Bahaha you found even better reviews than I did! 🤣😂😂

Seriously dying at the genitals one.

• LOL 13

The Skittles* on a paper plate makes no sense.   There is nothing sensual with that.  Strawberries and cream, some other fruit with chocolate sauce, a plate of raw oysters,  these are sensual foods.

*it could also be m&ms, but my point still stands. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The Skittles* on a paper plate makes no sense.   There is nothing sensual with that.  Strawberries and cream, some other fruit with chocolate sauce, a plate of raw oysters,  these are sensual foods.

*it could also be m&ms, but my point still stands. 

I picture her tossing candy to his gaping mouth.   "Good Boy!"

• LOL 12

Restaurant looks completely empty.

On another note: The Little Black Book of Kama Sutra description includes, "Discreet size: 4-1/4 inches wide x 5-3/4 inches high". Like let's buy this tiny book I can hide in my purse for privacy. And like let's post on SM for all the world to see.

• LOL 24
9 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Now I'm picturing Dreck all decked out in leather bondage gear, and Jill in thigh high boots with a whip.

Yep. I think we've got it now!

• LOL 1

I'm guessing they read the suggestions in the book together, eat some skittles, Jill pulls lotion out of her bag with a big smile, Derick pulls back the sheets as Jill lotions up, Jill turns out the lights, crawls under the sheets, gets undressed and Derick climbs on. And three minutes later Jill posts on SM with a huge grin as Derick is sound asleep.

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing they read the suggestions in the book together, eat some skittles, Jill pulls lotion out of her bag with a big smile, Derick pulls back the sheets as Jill lotions up, Jill turns out the lights, crawls under the sheets, gets undressed and Derick climbs on. And three minutes later Jill posts on SM with a huge grin as Derick is sound asleep.

That's more sickening than the bondage gear and whip...

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, emma675 said:

Wasn't it Scott Disick that forgot to edit it the instructions on one of his sponsored insta posts? Like all he had to do was stage a photo and literally copy and paste what they had already written for him but he left in the "hey Scott, this post is supposed to be up on XX date. Make sure the photo includes the product with the label facing some the camera, and then post with the following caption -".

I mean, it makes sense because these people are paid to be advertisers. Do you think they're coming up with all that themselves? Heck no, otherwise you end up with a Jill situation. But he got roasted for being paid to post it because it shattered the illusion he was actually using what he was shilling.

Edited by McManda
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, McManda said:

Wasn't it Scott Disick that forgot to edit it the instructions on one of his sponsored insta posts? Like all he had to do was State a photo and literally copy and paste what they had already written for him but he left in the "hey Scott, this post is supposed to be up onXX date. Make sure the photo includes the product with the label facing some the camera, and then post with the following caption -".

I mean, it makes sense because these people are paid to be advertisers. Do you think they're coming up with all that themselves? Heck no, otherwise you end up with a Jill situation. But he got roasted for being paid to post it because it shattered the illusion he was actually using what he was shilling.

That must have been before the federal crackdown on advertisements on social media and YouTube.   Now SM personalities have to disclose any paid partnerships even though it was patently obvious what these posts were.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jeremy is reading about the puritans (from Banners of Truth)  and Jill is reading the kama sutra. 😂

Well, it's the Kama Sutra for people who don't venture past missionary. 😁

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

If you need some kind of reward/scorecard I’m not sure your doing it right... 

Also some brave soul inn Reddit found some of the “games” from whatever it was Jill was rambling about. This one is the exact opposite of sexy. We’ll may Amy Santiago would be I to it because office supplies do turn her on. 

5C260DE6-D62F-48C2-AF96-B369B1F3708B.jpeg

• LOL 13
11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jeremy is reading about the puritans (from Banners of Truth)  and Jill is reading the kama sutra. 😂

This sounds funny, but the Puritans would approve of whatever is in that book as long as the couple in question were married to each other.   The Puritans didn't drink to excess, dance, enjoy the theater. etc, but sex was permissible within the bonds of marriage.   They had to have fun somehow.  They would also approve of the female orgasm.  In fact, there was a period of time where it was thought that a woman had to orgasm in order to get pregnant.   I read about this fact in an Alison Weir history book.  Can't remember which one, but I believe it was one of her Tudor books.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Trillium said:

If you need some kind of reward/scorecard I’m not sure your doing it right... 

Also some brave soul inn Reddit found some of the “games” from whatever it was Jill was rambling about. This one is the exact opposite of sexy. We’ll may Amy Santiago would be I to it because office supplies do turn her on. 

5C260DE6-D62F-48C2-AF96-B369B1F3708B.jpeg

This is sexy??  What is a one flame spice level?   Or if there is a four or five spice level, what does that consist of?   Maybe I work with too many post-it notes in my job to think that would be sexy.  (great now I'm going to be thinking about this when I use post-it notes at work, thanks a lot LOL). 

• LOL 22
2 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

This is sexy??  What is a one flame spice level?   Or if there is a four or five spice level, what does that consist of?   Maybe I work with too many post-it notes in my job to think that would be sexy.  (great now I'm going to be thinking about this when I use post-it notes at work, thanks a lot LOL). 

Not to mention the possibility of paper cuts. 

• LOL 19
(edited)

Jilly Muffin hit it deep to try and top the bowpocalypse that was announced today.

Gotta admit tho, no one else has the corner on being the Fundie Dr Ruth. 

Edited by Steff
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

not particularly bothered by spit. 

My FWB occasionally asks if I'm bothered by sharing a glass with him. I usually tell him that I think we're past that point. 😂 

There's a difference between swapping spit via a glass or kissing. Mama-birding my SO does NOT sound like good foreplay. 

Edited by McManda
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Oh dear God MAKE IT STOOOOPPPPP!!!!!

What’s next, a recipe for lube made out of canned soup and tater tots? 

Please don’t give Jilly any ideas! She probably reads these lol. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2