Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick doing his part:

75ACBF25-F5F1-4261-A82C-038545453320.jpeg

Poor deluded Jill & Dickhead, no one cares about your wedding anymore. There have since been 6 additional Duggar weddings and umpteen births. You're old news. Just move on already. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I know it’s the Duggars and this is what they do, but seven siblings getting married in less than five years still twists my mind a little. And that’s with one of the oldest siblings apparently opting out and two middle-siblings firmly within the marrying age bracket. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Derick no longer has braces!!!!!   And yet his teeth are still way off kilter.  

I feel like he does, they're just harder to see in the photo in the car because of the sunlight. 

And Jill, no one wants to see a photo of your half eaten Sonic chicken tenders. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Anniversary trip to Branson... They go there every time they take a vacation.   Some 5th anniversary 😂

Derick in the third picture looks like, "I'm. Smiling. But. Get. The. Camera. Out. Of. My. Face!" I don't think it would ever occur to Jill that EVERY moment isn't meant to be recorded. Plus why is only half her face in the picture?

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Derick in the third picture looks like, "I'm. Smiling. But. Get. The. Camera. Out. Of. My. Face!" I don't think it would ever occur to Jill that EVERY moment isn't meant to be recorded. Plus why is only half her face in the picture?

Even the chicken dinner would like to be eaten in peace. 

I still see the braces on his teeth. I thought once they were off, but Derick will be an old man before he gets rid of the hardware. And his teeth won't look a bit different because it's his jaw that's the problem. 

• Love 4

My sister and brother in law are celebrating their anniversary this weekend, and nary a peep on Instagram.  I know my sister is not trying to monetize her social media, but there is no need to document everything.   No one cares about Derrick the big spender taking his gal to the Sonic.  If you are going to blast your meals on the Gram, at least make it something worth bragging about.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I was wrong no sushi for dinner. 

Damn that’s a sad dinner. Couldn’t they go to Olive Garden with the Rodriguez family?

The GOOD Olive Garden, even.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Why are those idiots always eating in the car? 

Can they find a table somewhere or go back home?

The car must be kept dirty at all times!

2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The GOOD Olive Garden, even.

Lol. I know it’s mean but I hope a worker at Olive Garden spits in Rodriguez food. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I enjoy a Sonic burger and onion rings occasionally.  I don't have a Mr. 418722 but if I did and he suggested sitting in the car eating at Sonic for our 5th anniversary, there wouldn't be pictures taken to commemorate the occasion.  And going to Branson AGAIN.  OK, I shouldn't judge since I go to Gatlinburg quite often, but for a 5th anniversary, I would think they would want to do a little bit more of a real trip.  I wonder if Derrick is clerking somewhere this summer (he should be) and they can't take a longer vacation, so that's why it's a weekend getaway. 

• Love 9
(edited)

So . . . they went to Branson to eat Sonic or that was en route to Branson? LOL I honestly don't care for Branson--lived there for a couple of years, and it's a cheesy tourist town if there ever was--and enjoy pigging out at Sonic every now and then, but there are some decent sit-down places to eat there if you're, you know, celebrating your anniversary.

And it's only a couple of hours away, so even if you're prone to getting hangry and have to eat frequently (I'm guilty of that), you can wait until you get your ass to Branson to eat. 

Also, I feel creepy, but I think I recognize that random landscape she took a picture of, just from driving by. But there's no real reason to take that picture because there's nothing there. Except to prove Arkansas has been getting a lot of rain and is looking mighty green for the summer. 😂

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I wonder if Derrick is clerking somewhere this summer (he should be) and they can't take a longer vacation, so that's why it's a weekend getaway. 

That's very likely. I was also wondering if it's a money issue. Between the new house and law school, wherever they're getting money from, it might be pushing it to also support a genuine vacation, so the nearby weekend getaway is the best option. 

• Love 7
(edited)

A 5th anniversary trip seems nice and a luxury no matter where they went. Most people I've known haven't made a big deal of the earlier anniversaries, especially when they have small kids.  

That selfie at the drive-through seems unnecessary. Since Jill might be pregnant, selfies in the car from the sternum up might help hide that. 

If Jill isn't pregnant, I wonder how she's coping. She seemed to really want a quiver and 2 kids in 5 years is not a lot in her culture. I've known a few families where they had 3 kids and expecting another when they hit the five year mark. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Even the chicken dinner would like to be eaten in peace. 

I still see the braces on his teeth. I thought once they were off, but Derick will be an old man before he gets rid of the hardware. And his teeth won't look a bit different because it's his jaw that's the problem. 

The braces are definitely still there in one of the subsequent pictures, and he's wearing the same shirt, so one presumes it's the same day. The picture where you can see the braces is quite a bit darker, so I lean toward it just being the angle of the light which bleached out detail in his smile in the pre-Sonic shot. Otherwise, the only way that the scenario makes sense is that they drove to Branson on day one, ate Sonic on the way, then stopped for a quickie orthodontist visit the next morning wearing the same clothes. Happy Anniversary.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, McManda said:

And Jill, no one wants to see a photo of your half eaten Sonic chicken tenders. 

Is that what that is? I've never been to a Sonic but I cannot imagine they want their food to be portrayed in such an unappetizing way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Looking at the wedding photos with Jill's nice but ill fitting dress, the bride maids' dresses with the uneven modesty strips tacked on the bottom, and Michelle's tin man, franken-dress, possibly the worst mother-of-the-bride's dress ever to be dragged down an aisle, who would have predicted Jill's future would include being a fashion influencer?

You actually looked at these photos? You’re brave. 

5 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Anniversary trip to Branson... They go there every time they take a vacation.   Some 5th anniversary 😂

He does look better without braces. Now I know on here we like to snark about his teeth but seriously I think it’s his nose that makes his face look weird.

Edited by Puffin
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Puffin said:

You actually looked at these photos? You’re brave. 

He does look better without braces. Now I know on here we like to snark about his teeth but seriously I think it’s his nose that makes his face look weird.

It’s his dickheadedness that makes his face look weird. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Derick and Jill always look so much happier when they're not around the kids.

I don’t particularly blame them. Small children are a LOT of physical, emotional and financial work, and when they are that small they don’t contribute much to the family (as in emotional labor or the entertainment factor). 

There are many competent parents who loved, nurtured, educated and cared for their children properly but HATED the baby/toddler phase with a passion, not finding the kids “fun” until they were more self aware intellectual beings. 

Maybe things will get easier as the kids get older, but this is Jill and Derrick who are NOT self aware enough to admit that they are not baby/toddler people. Or even think about why they are unhappy and factor in sufficient “adult time” or “creative outlets” so they don’t take their frustrations out on the children. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Steff said:

WooHoo!  We'll have a party!  Everyone has to wear clothes at least 2 sizes too big & every dish brought for the pot luck must have at least 2 cans of cream of crap in them.  We can all squint into the sun and take really bad selfies!  

This sounds ridiculously appropriate, and fun!!! On my way. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t particularly blame them. Small children are a LOT of physical, emotional and financial work, and when they are that small they don’t contribute much to the family (as in emotional labor or the entertainment factor). 

There are many competent parents who loved, nurtured, educated and cared for their children properly but HATED the baby/toddler phase with a passion, not finding the kids “fun” until they were more self aware intellectual beings. 

Maybe things will get easier as the kids get older, but this is Jill and Derrick who are NOT self aware enough to admit that they are not baby/toddler people. Or even think about why they are unhappy and factor in sufficient “adult time” or “creative outlets” so they don’t take their frustrations out on the children. 

You hit the nail on the head with the last part. It's okay to find toddler's hard to manage, but common sense  would suggest that those people not have 20 kids. I really, really hope Jill and Derick are flexible enough in their beliefs to change plans when it's obvious that their plan will make them unhappy. So far, I haven't seen much evidence that they can get away from legalistic thinking, except for Jill wearing pants! I hope she's decided that if it's okay to wear pants, it's okay to keep her family size small. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Derick and Jill always look so much happier when they're not around the kids.

I think this is a big problem! Even people who don't enjoy babies and toddlers usually seem happier around their own kids that these two. Most people at least find things their kids say to be funny, but Derick just glowers and criticizes. Remember baby izzy and the piano lesson?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

No time off , or sunglasses, for Jill.....

B98F161F-5E13-427A-8344-EF1B5535C5C2.jpeg

This outfit is one of Jill’s best. For the record I hate the print, BUT it FITS (looks like her pants fit as well), and I can tell what aesthetic she’s going for with the side low bun, earrings and bracelet. 

Again the shirt FITS! It’s a looser style, but was worn as it was intended. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Don't forget when Derelict said that Izzy was a manipulator.

Yes- because he wanted a cookie or something? (A perfectly innocent age appropriate thing)

How dare the small dependent being they chose to bring into the world actually have needs?!! He’s just pretending to annoy them. 😒

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

This outfit is one of Jill’s best. For the record I hate the print, BUT it FITS (looks like her pants fit as well), and I can tell what aesthetic she’s going for with the side low bun, earrings and bracelet. 

Again the shirt FITS! It’s a looser style, but was worn as it was intended. 

Jill looks really good. I think this is the first time we've seen her in appropriately sized clothing. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No time off , or sunglasses, for Jill.....

B98F161F-5E13-427A-8344-EF1B5535C5C2.jpeg

Thank goodness she added the callout, lest I not perceive that she is wearing a shirt. The armholes on that thing are crazy big.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Thank goodness she added the callout, lest I not perceive that she is wearing a shirt. The armholes on that thing are crazy big.

I've seen a lot of tops cut like that lately.   They are designed like that so your fancy lace bralette can be seen.  I'm kinda surprised to see a more modest clothing company have them.

• Love 2

In that first pic of Jill in the car it gives the illusion that she's cut her hair to just below shoulder length. It would look so cute on her! It's such a shame she refuses to cut that raggedy mop off.

Dreck's jaw looks just as jacked up, braces or not.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Braces are indeed off per Jill in another post.  Screengrab below

8A874881-622E-4FAF-ABFB-5268315DB84D.jpeg

I hope this means he's having more oral surgery. Boy's face is JACKED.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I hope this means he's having more oral surgery. Boy's face is JACKED.

His nose and chin should be in a reasonably straight line, and they're off by an inch or more. The first surgery was apparently painful and didn't give good results. I wonder if he'll do it again or just let it be. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

My sister and brother in law are celebrating their anniversary this weekend, and nary a peep on Instagram.  I know my sister is not trying to monetize her social media, but there is no need to document everything.   No one cares about Derrick the big spender taking his gal to the Sonic.  If you are going to blast your meals on the Gram, at least make it something worth bragging about.

Tell her happy anniversary for me!  Mr. Natalie and I are celebrating our 28th anniversary today.  Well, not celebrating since I have to work but we said Happy Anniversary to each other!  I am going to have to tell him he needs to step it up though.  Jill got Sonic and got to hang with middle aged people at Branson!  What a lucky girl.

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I've seen a lot of tops cut like that lately.   They are designed like that so your fancy lace bralette can be seen.  I'm kinda surprised to see a more modest clothing company have them.

But what is Jill wearing underneath?  It's certainly not lacy.

• Love 2