Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

I’m glad for Jill that at least she’s trying to step out of her comfort zone a bit. I’m fairly sure that she only knew about missionary when she got married, cause she’s raised by JB  and Michelle who teach sex using Legos.  So, I do respect that they are willing to try and “spice things up”.  If it means they have better sex that they both enjoy, then great. 

That being said, WE DON’T NEED TO KNOW, JILL!!  SOME THINGS SHOULD BE KEPT PRIVATE!

We say we don't need to know, and that some things need to be kept private, yet how often do we speculate on their sex lives and how unexciting they must be; how infrequent, uninspired, etc. If they are, in fact, actually pretty compatible and making a point to try to keep the spark alive, who can blame her for wanting those who think she lives in a world of Lego sex to know it?

I'm not precisely standing up for her - she is still so very, very tone deaf when it comes to social media - but I can understand where knowing what is and is not appropriate in a world where people in general seem to overshare so much online.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

We say we don't need to know, and that some things need to be kept private, yet how often do we speculate on their sex lives and how unexciting they must be; how infrequent, uninspired, etc. If they are, in fact, actually pretty compatible and making a point to try to keep the spark alive, who can blame her for wanting those who think she lives in a world of Lego sex to know it?

I'm not precisely standing up for her - she is still so very, very tone deaf when it comes to social media - but I can understand where knowing what is and is not appropriate in a world where people in general seem to overshare so much online.

The crap Jill writes makes me think about things I prefer not to, but I am skeptical that they have all that much "excitement".  As I wrote upthread, it seems possible that it is over-compensation for the lack of another pregnancy.  Based on their Ken and Barbie kissing pictures which have all the heat of lukewarm oatmeal, their passion is a figment of Jill's imagination.

Whatever the case, she should STFU.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

She's a joke, but I suppose it's working for her as she's making some money off hits from being a joke; interesting world we live in. 😟 🙄

This is why it’s important to know the difference between someone laughing with you and someone laughing at you. 

• Love 15

Jinger really needs to teach Jill this one.  If we had a date night planned for anything fancier than a chain and Mr. Six showed up in Dreck's clothes, I would kick his ass into his closet & tell him to try again.  We did a Valentine's Day cruise around Baltimore's Inner Harbor last year, and he was in a full suit.  At the very least, Derrick could have put on a dress shirt and pants.

image.png

• LOL 15
(edited)

I’m seriously wondering what the sibs and parents think of Jill’s TMI sex posts. I can’t see Jeremy, jinger, Jessa, etc being happy to see this. They’re all about being madly in love and giving expert relationship and parenting advice, but constantly posting details of which sex games you played, how often exactly you do it, and how you get your man in the mood is taking it a big far, even for Duggars. I mean, JB was always leering and joking about his own and his kids’ sex lives (GROSS), but not publicly sharing EXACTLY WHAT and HOW they did it!!! 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I’m seriously wondering what the sibs and parents think of Jill’s TMI sex posts. I can’t see Jeremy, jinger, Jessa, etc being happy to see this. They’re all about being madly in love and giving expert relationship and parenting advice, but constantly posting details of which sex games you played, how often exactly you do it, and how you get your man in the mood is taking it a big far, even for Duggars. I mean, JB was always leering and joking about his own and his kids’ sex lives (GROSS), but not publicly sharing EXACTLY WHAT and HOW they did it!!! 

I really do think that Jill is JB Jr. and in that light, her siblings probably feel the same way about her antics that they do about JB's. They love her and tell themselves that she's not doing anything wrong but are still wildly embarrassed by her very existence. 

• Love 9
On 6/26/2019 at 3:14 AM, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190625-120506_Instagram.thumb.jpg.23319ef7e3e09b812414d8ebfb69424f.jpg

We get it you have sex! You didn't need to include a picture of your foreplay activities. 

ezgif-3-852ae6f71f2e.gif.bfddf620a9aa3c39f8a2ab696b2b78d8.gif

I’m kinda pleasantly surprised they saw Toy Story 4, and not some joyless movie about abortion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Why do I have a feeling that none of the tips for husbands include things like doing the dishes, doing the laundry,  go to the grocery store, make doctors appointments for the kids, etc, etc.  She might be more in the mood if she didnt have to worry all the time about things that men never worry about.

I read a profile on Alanis Morrissette from Self magazine today,  and her marriage sounds a lot stronger than any Duggar marriage. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

They look really greasy.  Like the Duggars need to add anymore grease to their diet (or hair/skin). 🙄

In fairness for this particular post, it’s summer. In Arkansas. And they were just doing something akin to manual labor. I’d probably look greasier, as I don’t.do.heat; I just...also wouldn’t post a picture of myself. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 10
On 6/21/2019 at 8:13 AM, Jeeves said:

Wait a minute. Cathy had stem cell treatment?

I thought she said on social media that her life was saved by Jesus.

Perhaps he was the donor? 

On 6/22/2019 at 6:53 PM, leighdear said:

That shirt looks like my grandmother's couch.  

If her arms were highly polished wood, then she totally would be a double for my grandmother's couch in the 80s.  

On 6/25/2019 at 10:53 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Baby and toddler feet are pretty darn cute, I'll give her that...

I just want to know why it looks like someone is gnawing that child's toenails off.  The nails on that foot look like the nails of someone who has a chronic nailbiting problem.

On 6/25/2019 at 6:09 PM, Lisa418722 said:

This is sexy??  What is a one flame spice level?   Or if there is a four or five spice level, what does that consist of?   Maybe I work with too many post-it notes in my job to think that would be sexy.  (great now I'm going to be thinking about this when I use post-it notes at work, thanks a lot LOL). 

I adore post it notes to an unhealthy level.  I hoard them, collect them in different sizes, colors, etc.  I get very excited when I come across a new kind (double strength glue? yes please! flags? More!), but despite that quirk of my personality, nothing about that game sounds remotely sexy to me.  I'm pretty much the target market, I'd think and it's like the least sexy thing I can think of.

13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Someone needs to tell Jilly Muffin you're supposed to spread the potatoes in a single layer in the pan. Piling them up like that makes them steam, not crisp, resulting in a mushy, greasy mess.

It's ok, it's not like she even knows what she's making.  You're right, of course, but she seems to be under the impression that she's making fries, yet she has a pan full of diced potatoes.  They're not going to magically regroup themselves into stick form.  So when she gets a big puddle of mush, it won't really matter.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, smores said:

I just want to know why it looks like someone is gnawing that child's toenails off.  The nails on that foot look like the nails of someone who has a chronic nailbiting problem.

Toddler/baby toenails can be pretty hard to do a good job with. They do tend to squirm a lot, and it's easy to get the cuts a bit uneven. If it was a photo of the whole child and not just his feet, I doubt it would really be noticeable.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190626-183602_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ac2c3a5e0c9d48f4e4f60ae83f6f838c.jpg

🙄

Husband in the shower? Ha Dereck looks like he doesn’t shower often!

9 hours ago, christine falls said:

I hope Dillwad isn't that crooked though...

You mean like his face? 

(Off to the prayer closet) 

• LOL 9
43 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I agree. Having sex with your spouse shouldn’t require so much effort and prep work 5 years in. Hell, Mr Trillium and I have been together 20 years and we still don’t need to work that hard at it. Granted we often fall short of her 4x a week but we are also secure enough in our relationship to understand things ebb and flow over the years and it’s ok. We communicate when things aren’t jiving, like grownups. We don’t make arts and crafts projects to add Spice level 🔥🔥🔥 .

I think they hit a dry spell and she freaked out. She’s been told her whole life that men need sex ALL THE TIME and if they don’t get it when they want they WILL be tempted to look elsewhere and it is her job to keep him interested. So now she’s working super hard so Becky in the Third Row won’t tempt him. 

Maybe Becky in the Third Row actually IS a problem.  Jill is trying way too hard. 

Derick did post that "don't wait to marry the girl of your dreams, just get married".  That is pretty blunt. 

Derick was young and inexperienced when he met Jill and let's not forget that Derick reached out to Jim Bob for a prayer partner.  So he was a Duggar fanboy.  All excited to get a slice of Duggar pie. 

Fast forward to 2019. The bloom is off the Duggar rose, which we have discussed. 

Maybe Derick would like to explore Becky in the Third row? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
On 6/25/2019 at 9:57 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Again with the goofy open-mouthed smile and wrinkled forehead.  Ugh.

I dunno, I think looking like a braying jackass is rather appropriate for her.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Jill & Derick reminds me a lot of my cousins.  Almost fundie, but not quite.  Anyways, my cousin got married to his wife at 18 & 17 because they couldn’t have sex without a marriage license.  She left him 20 years later because she just couldn’t stand being married to him anymore.  They’ve both said they figured everything else would work out in the end because Jesus and didn’t really think past P in V.

I see Jill having a similar revolution in 20 years, especially when she realizes she still has another lifetime to live basically.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

I think they hit a dry spell and she freaked out. She’s been told her whole life that men need sex ALL THE TIME and if they don’t get it when they want they WILL be tempted to look elsewhere and it is her job to keep him interested. So now she’s working super hard so Becky in the Third Row won’t tempt him. 

I think you hit the nail on the head here. She's been taught all her life that when you wait for the person that God has specifically picked out just for you, everything will be sunshine and roses forever. It's only those heathens who give away pieces of their heart before marriage, or come into it like a pre-chewed piece of used gum who end up with problems. 

She probably thought that Bible study and praying together were all that would be necessary to glide over any bumps in the road (which Satan probably put there to distract you), and if they did end up hitting that dry spell, as you say, she probably did find herself desperate to find clean and Godly ways to keep Dreck's eye from wandering. Pure speculation here again, of course, but it totally makes sense that Dreck is just one of those guys who don't have that constant need for sex, and she just can't wrap her head around it, having been taught that it's just part and parcel of manhood. So any perceived lack in that department has GOT to be her fault. She's probably draping herself over any available surface, lotion in hand, signaling her joyful availability. I almost feel sorry for Dreck!

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14

I do believe that Derick has a lower sex drive than what Jill was lead to believe by her parents.  I also believe that Derick is trying his best not to get Jill pregnant.  We know something happened with Sam's birth and I think that shook Derick up.  I don't believe that Jill had a hysterectomy though.  Maybe he talked to Jill about using some form of birth control and she refuses.  Derick only has one sibling, so there is a good chance that his parents used some sort of family planning.  Derick has been keeping himself busy with school instead of a job and I see that as a reason for them not to have sex.  Sorry Jilly Bean, I have to study maybe another night.  Of course, Jill is seeing herself as a failure because she is not pregnant.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Toddler/baby toenails can be pretty hard to do a good job with. They do tend to squirm a lot, and it's easy to get the cuts a bit uneven. If it was a photo of the whole child and not just his feet, I doubt it would really be noticeable.

It's that they are soo short.  I can't stand having my toenails long but they at least come close to the end of my toes, not halfway up my toe.  If they were any shorter, the poor kid would be bleeding.  

• Love 1
21 hours ago, awaken said:

JBoob probably doesn’t mind it, because I think he’s secretively a perv.  MEchelle and the sibs probably blame it on Dickwad leading Jilly Muffin astray.

• Love 5

I suspect between law school and Derick's apparent ill health, he's just not interested in sex.  Combined with Sam's birth being another fiasco and Derick not being raised on the "breed like bunny rabbits" doctrine, I suspect he's putting the brakes on things.  And I'm still not convinced that Jill is still fertile; if she is I half suspect her to track her fertility cycle and "force" Derick to have sex with her when she's ovulating sometime soon.

• Love 7

I read a profile on Alanis Morrissette from Self magazine today,  and her marriage sounds a lot stronger than any Duggar marriage. 

Cue Jill and Derick visiting a theater...

Maybe Becky in the Third Row actually IS a problem.  Jill is trying way too hard. 

That, or that gay dude Dreck was with in DA.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 6/27/2019 at 12:38 AM, awaken said:

Makes you appreciate Joe & Kendra and John & Abbie, they know how to keep it quiet.

2 hours ago, Fosca said:

I suspect between law school and Derick's apparent ill health, he's just not interested in sex.  Combined with Sam's birth being another fiasco and Derick not being raised on the "breed like bunny rabbits" doctrine, I suspect he's putting the brakes on things.  And I'm still not convinced that Jill is still fertile; if she is I half suspect her to track her fertility cycle and "force" Derick to have sex with her when she's ovulating sometime soon.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jill actually was on birth control and Derek persuaded her it’d be a good idea, either that or he’s using condoms. I’m sure Jill is desperate for another child but Derek is her headship she had to listen to him. Anyway it’s the only thing that makes sense if their really having as much sex as they say.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Usually people that talk about how much sex they are having, are not having that much sex. 

Yes, I don't think she would have made such a big deal out of the Kinda Sorta date weekend if they were bumping uglies on the regular. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 6/26/2019 at 6:38 PM, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190626-183602_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ac2c3a5e0c9d48f4e4f60ae83f6f838c.jpg

🙄

"Skipping over the sex part. Not going to comment on "sexual intercourse every night of the week," or "spray your sheets with sweet cologne," or the part about greeting him at the door naked and wrapped in Saran wrap or pink baby-doll outfits and fuzzy boots or the part about having sex pretending to be "a pixie or a pirate, a cowgirl or a show girl." Nope! Not going there. Everyone knows that sex in important in a marriage".

This is part of a review of a book called The Total Woman by Marabel Morgan.  It was published in 1973.  It was a marriage manual for Christian women.  It wouldn't surprise me if Jill is getting her sex advice from this book.  It's very anti everything.  Feminist, gays, women with a career.  Because I'm old, all of jill's crap was sounded really familiar to me.  

Now if she had posted Derick's chaps for a cowboy game, that would have been interesting.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Normally, I tend to veer of too much sex speculation but Jill opened that door wide for all of us to discuss what they do in the bedroom so I have no guilt whatsoever now. 

It could be that maybe Derick really doesn't enjoy sex with Jill? 

Maybe they aren't connecting sexually and really need to cover each other with Post Its to get the party started????? Jill sounds really desperate at this point. 

12 year old Jilly Muffin was not prepared for this situation.  That chapter is not in her favorite book "Before You Meet Prince Charming".  

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Normally, I tend to veer of too much sex speculation but Jill opened that door wide for all of us to discuss what they do in the bedroom so I have no guilt whatsoever now. 

It could be that maybe Derick really doesn't enjoy sex with Jill? 

Maybe they aren't connecting sexually and really need to cover each other with Post Its to get the party started????? Jill sounds really desperate at this point. 

12 year old Jilly Muffin was not prepared for this situation.  That chapter is not in her favorite book "Before You Meet Prince Charming".  

I always remember being rather surprised when they showed a picture of the inside of their house in DA.  Baby Israel was hanging in the hallway in a baby swing.  You could see past him into the very messy bedroom with the unmade bed.  And in the hallway was a bed pallet on the floor.  The baby crib was also in the bedroom so either Jill or Derick appeared to be spending nights on the floor!

I suppose maybe Derick slept on the floor while Jill nursed Izzy, but really, it's not like either had jobs to get to in the morning.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, louannems said:

I always remember being rather surprised when they showed a picture of the inside of their house in DA.  Baby Israel was hanging in the hallway in a baby swing.  You could see past him into the very messy bedroom with the unmade bed.  And in the hallway was a bed pallet on the floor.  The baby crib was also in the bedroom so either Jill or Derick appeared to be spending nights on the floor!

I suppose maybe Derick slept on the floor while Jill nursed Izzy, but really, it's not like either had jobs to get to in the morning.

Now, now, he had all that proselytizing interpretive dancing on the daily agenda. 😉 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Soulmates, or the ONE god chose for you. Both so stupid. So of ALL the men to choose from in the world, the guy the next town over was it for me? No one else? 

I’ve been happily married for 36 years, but that’s because I choose to be. I could probably be happy with thousands of men - maybe more - but this guy just makes me happy (most of the time). Many other guys could make me happy in other ways. I’m sticking to this guy. It makes me crazy when they are so sure about god’s intervention. What does happen when god or the universe sends you a loser? How does Anna EVER justify Josh? 

It’s just so beyond my realm of thinking to credit (or blame) everything on an unknown power. They haven’t got a single independent thought that doesn’t include Jesus. Now they’re even coming up with Jesus approved sex games. That Mary Magdeline did love her post-it notes! 

Derick’s body is so long and thin - can his penis really be any different? Yuck. 

You owe me money for making me use the rest of the 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, toodles said:

"Skipping over the sex part. Not going to comment on "sexual intercourse every night of the week," or "spray your sheets with sweet cologne," or the part about greeting him at the door naked and wrapped in Saran wrap or pink baby-doll outfits and fuzzy boots or the part about having sex pretending to be "a pixie or a pirate, a cowgirl or a show girl." Nope! Not going there. Everyone knows that sex in important in a marriage".

This is part of a review of a book called The Total Woman by Marabel Morgan.  It was published in 1973.  It was a marriage manual for Christian women.  It wouldn't surprise me if Jill is getting her sex advice from this book.  It's very anti everything.  Feminist, gays, women with a career.  Because I'm old, all of jill's crap was sounded really familiar to me.  

Now if she had posted Derick's chaps for a cowboy game, that would have been interesting.

Oh that book! When the first mr lookeyloo left me in 1975 someone recommended I follow that book to get him back!!!   Even then and even in my miserable state, a few pages in I ditched it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, toodles said:

I lived in fear of my mother dressing in saran wrap.

FYI-my autocorrect changed saran to Satan.👹

You should have kept it as Satan wrap .I almost choked to death on my coffee. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, toodles said:

I lived in fear of my mother dressing in saran wrap.

FYI-my autocorrect changed saran to Satan.👹

I keep picturing Kathy Bates doing that in Fried Green Tomatoes 😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 4