Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Josh's creepy mug is front and center in half of these pictures. There's some hard sell going on here. Somebody must be worried about how Josh and Anna are going to support the kids they keep pumping out. 

• Love 15
47 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Isn't that nice?  A visit to the Space Center for kids who would never be allowed to dream of working in the space program.  Isn't it sweet how Meredith posed at the control panel as if there was any possibility that a GIRL could have any job other than helpmeet.  A trip to the zoo for kids whose only exposure to zoology and biology will be the story of Noah's Ark.  Going to the Natural Science Museum where there's a huge paleontology hall with multiple dinosaur skeletons where the kids will be told that the display is wrong, that the earth is 6000 years old, not 200+million, and that dinosaurs lived alongside humans.  The Zoo and the Aquarium with all sorts of land and sea creatures who could inspire kids to want to be zookeepers or study marine biology or become a vet; except not these kids.  No inspiration or dreams allowed for this bunch.

All of this. My thoughts exactly. It is just wrong that these people (all of the Duggars) keep reproducing with no intention of letting any of their children be educated and reach their potential following whatever dream they choose.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Is Magnolia table from Chip Ganes and wife? 

Where is the $ coming from for the trip? Sure isn’t cheap.  

Anna is like Jill too many emojis!

Yes, Magnolia in Waco is the Gainses' empire. 

Maybe Rebekah's rich boyfriend (he has a nice little plane) ponied up for the city passes. Selling used cars isn't affording the lifestyle that Anna is portraying on IG.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe the Duggars were hoping to meet up with the Gaineses for a photo op. Jeremy and Audrey Roloff (Little People Big World) tried that and it didn't happen. 

Good question about financing the trip. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Isn't that nice?  A visit to the Space Center for kids who would never be allowed to dream of working in the space program.  Isn't it sweet how Meredith posed at the control panel as if there was any possibility that a GIRL could have any job other than helpmeet.  A trip to the zoo for kids whose only exposure to zoology and biology will be the story of Noah's Ark.  Going to the Natural Science Museum where there's a huge paleontology hall with multiple dinosaur skeletons where the kids will be told that the display is wrong, that the earth is 6000 years old, not 200+million, and that dinosaurs lived alongside humans.  The Zoo and the Aquarium with all sorts of land and sea creatures who could inspire kids to want to be zookeepers or study marine biology or become a vet; except not these kids.  No inspiration or dreams allowed for this bunch.

Or Michael who "loves all sports",  but will never be able to play any of them in a school, perhaps get a college scholarship from said sports or play professionally. Even though the boys get more say, this will never happen..

Also, who would ever want Josh in their home or around their kids?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Anna really is selling her 'little duggars' hard. Stop trying to make your family happen Anna. It's not going to happen.

I agree. It's a pretty lame attempt at branding. Duggar grandkids are a dime a dozen these days and they're all pretty interchangeable. TLC isn't going to risk a p.r. disaster to put the Smuggars back on tv. 

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. It's a pretty lame attempt at branding. Duggar grandkids are a dime a dozen these days and they're all pretty interchangeable. TLC isn't going to risk a p.r. disaster to put the Smuggars back on tv. 

They don't need him.

• Love 5
On 7/8/2019 at 4:38 PM, galaxychaser said:

Not wanting to defend this family, but perhaps that saved all year for the trip, like a lot of families do.  They probably stayed with her sister so they didn't have to pay for a hotel and ate most meals at her sisters home.  

Of course, I don't know how they had the money to go, as I don't know anything about their income … but  know a lot of families that save all year so they can go somewhere for a week in the summer.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

Anna banned me from her Instagram, just for asking how they could afford the trip.  Tolerance.

Well, that's the key with these Duggars. They have such a low tolerance and very thin skin. 

On the Dillards thread, Derick posted Jill's house tour video on Twitter and someone replied something to the effect of, "Make that bitch clean up." THAT I can totally justify blocking that person (even though I do think Jill can be messy).

But blocking someone for asking a question? Just don't answer the question and move on, please. 

• Love 8

I have to go with Anna on that one.  I'd ban someone who asked me a question that was none of their business.  But I also don't have a public style insta - only friends comment on mine and they all say nice things.  

• Love 9

I would also ban someone for asking me how I could afford a trip. I think there's a thin line for expressing opinions on what these people do/say and being rude.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

The one closer to Anna is Johannah. Not sure about the big smiler...

Thanks, I thought that was Hannie. No idea who the other one is.

(edited)
On 7/8/2019 at 7:21 PM, BitterApple said:

Plus littleduggarfamily is Joe and Kenda's branding. She can't even come up with a dis-ambiguous name.

Anna banned me from her Instagram, just for asking how they could afford the trip.  Tolerance.

Well, they did just sell a house...

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Tasya said:

I would also ban someone for asking me how I could afford a trip. I think there's a thin line for expressing opinions on what these people do/say and being rude.

I think the difference is that Anna and Josh have opened themselves up to the public and as such, invite questions. Banning someone because they asked a question, if it was in a relatively respectful and civil way, just causes more problems. They get enough comments that if they don't want to answer ... just don't answer. They're not obligated to respond.

Of course, there a difference between "wow, how did you manage to afford a family trip for 7 people on a one salary household, that's crazy" and "you moochers can't even get a real job, did you fund the trip by begging?". You ban the latter, but for the tone, not the question. You don't want to answer the former, fine, don't answer, but banning just looks like you're to trying to clean house and hide.

Edited by McManda
typos everywhere
  • Love 16
37 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Plus littleduggarfamily is Joe and Kenda's branding. She can't even come up with a dis-ambiguous name.

And the Duggar insider on FJ says they're now living in an "8000 sf fixer upper."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Anna has been using the littleduggars hashtag for years, way before Kendra came into the picture. Kendra is the one who liked it and appropriated it.   

• Love 5
(edited)

Kendra's name assumes the FAMILY is little, not the children (Anna's usage).

Two different meanings.

5 minutes ago, Lunera said:

So they ruined all those clothes just to get a free sandwich?

They do it every year. I imagine that much of what they're wearing are retreads from past years.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
On 7/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, doodlebug said:

BTW, Citypass is $52 apiece for kids over 3 and $62 for anyone over 12.  Four of Josh's kids are old enough to pay so we're talking well over $300 which is a pretty good value for a family that size, but not cheap.

Now I’m depressed. 😢

• Love 1

All I know is that this place is near Boob's round house. If Smuggar didn't buy the property, then HE will certainly be on the hook for a shit ton of capital gains tax. He bought the old place for what, $55k and sold for somewhere around $350k (it's on 5 acres). If he is renting from Boob, I hope the IRS sticks it to Smuggar's fat ass.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Does anyone have a full listing of what JBoob really owns?

Easily enough attained by looking up the tax records. They tend to put all of the properties in their trust, but searching Jim Bob Duggar will yield results.

38 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Thanks. I thought someone here had already done it.

It's been done many times, just not very recently. The last time I checked, Boob had quite the portfolio. However, I didn't check values to see how many of his holdings were obvious flips.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 5:36 PM, BitterApple said:

The M'kids are very cute. Josh looks like he's one Twinkie away from a major heart attack.

Keep feeding him those twinkies Anna...

Edited by DCCme
  • LOL 11
(edited)
On 7/12/2019 at 8:13 AM, MsJamieDornan said:

Does anyone have a full listing of what JBoob really owns?

Actdatascout.com and arcountydata.com. One has records for Benton County and the other has Washington County. Do a real estate records search for “Duggar”. Those are property only. I think there’s approx $2,000,000 of property JimChelle own in Benton County. The bulk of the properties they own are in Washington County, but it’s not so easy to calculate the values. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Actdatascout.com and arcountydata.com. One has records for Benton County and the other has Washington County. Do a real estate records search for “Duggar”. Those are property only. I think there’s approx $2,000,000 of property JimChelle own in Benton County. The bulk of the properties they own are in Washington County, but it’s not so easy to calculate the values. 

I sure hope JB and Michelle have iron clad wills written, cause you know that when they die, some of those kids will tear each other apart for the money. 

(Well, all except Josie. She’ll be too busy licking the counters.)

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I sure hope JB and Michelle have iron clad wills written, cause you know that when they die, some of those kids will tear each other apart for the money. 

(Well, all except Josie. She’ll be too busy licking the counters.)

I hope Josh isn't the executor. I have no doubts he'd screw his siblings out of their shares.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

Next week on a very special episode of Counting On...

• LOL 6
  • Love 4