Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
maraleia

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

Recommended Posts

On 7/8/2019 at 7:21 PM, BitterApple said:

I agree. It's a pretty lame attempt at branding. Duggar grandkids are a dime a dozen these days and they're all pretty interchangeable. TLC isn't going to risk a p.r. disaster to put the Smuggars back on tv. 

Plus littleduggarfamily is Joe and Kenda's branding. She can't even come up with a dis-ambiguous name.

Quote

Anna banned me from her Instagram, just for asking how they could afford the trip.  Tolerance.

Well, they did just sell a house...

Edited by JoanArc
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Tasya said:

I would also ban someone for asking me how I could afford a trip. I think there's a thin line for expressing opinions on what these people do/say and being rude.

I think the difference is that Anna and Josh have opened themselves up to the public and as such, invite questions. Banning someone because they asked a question, if it was in a relatively respectful and civil way, just causes more problems. They get enough comments that if they don't want to answer ... just don't answer. They're not obligated to respond.

Of course, there a difference between "wow, how did you manage to afford a family trip for 7 people on a one salary household, that's crazy" and "you moochers can't even get a real job, did you fund the trip by begging?". You ban the latter, but for the tone, not the question. You don't want to answer the former, fine, don't answer, but banning just looks like you're to trying to clean house and hide.

Edited by McManda · Reason: typos everywhere
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Plus littleduggarfamily is Joe and Kenda's branding. She can't even come up with a dis-ambiguous name.

Well, they did just sell a house...

And the Duggar insider on FJ says they're now living in an "8000 sf fixer upper."

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Plus littleduggarfamily is Joe and Kenda's branding. She can't even come up with a dis-ambiguous name.

Well, they did just sell a house...

Anna has been using the littleduggars hashtag for years, way before Kendra came into the picture. Kendra is the one who liked it and appropriated it.   

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

So they ruined all those clothes just to get a free sandwich?

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Kendra's name assumes the FAMILY is little, not the children (Anna's usage).

Two different meanings.

5 minutes ago, Lunera said:

So they ruined all those clothes just to get a free sandwich?

They do it every year. I imagine that much of what they're wearing are retreads from past years.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, doodlebug said:

Isn't that nice?  A visit to the Space Center for kids who would never be allowed to dream of working in the space program.  Isn't it sweet how Meredith posed at the control panel as if there was any possibility that a GIRL could have any job other than helpmeet.  A trip to the zoo for kids whose only exposure to zoology and biology will be the story of Noah's Ark.  Going to the Natural Science Museum where there's a huge paleontology hall with multiple dinosaur skeletons where the kids will be told that the display is wrong, that the earth is 6000 years old, not 200+million, and that dinosaurs lived alongside humans.  The Zoo and the Aquarium with all sorts of land and sea creatures who could inspire kids to want to be zookeepers or study marine biology or become a vet; except not these kids.  No inspiration or dreams allowed for this bunch.

BTW, Citypass is $52 apiece for kids over 3 and $62 for anyone over 12.  Four of Josh's kids are old enough to pay so we're talking well over $300 which is a pretty good value for a family that size, but not cheap.

Now I’m depressed. 😢

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I noticed it too, wrote on JoKen thread

Sorry I had missed that!

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

8000 sf fixer upper."

I'd demand 8000 sf between me and Josh, too.

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I'd demand 8000 sf between me and Josh, too.

Holy cow! That’s gotta be one of Boob’s properties he can’t sell or something 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

All I know is that this place is near Boob's round house. If Smuggar didn't buy the property, then HE will certainly be on the hook for a shit ton of capital gains tax. He bought the old place for what, $55k and sold for somewhere around $350k (it's on 5 acres). If he is renting from Boob, I hope the IRS sticks it to Smuggar's fat ass.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Holy cow! That’s gotta be one of Bob’s properties he can’t sell or something 

Does anyone have a full listing of what JBoob really owns?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Does anyone have a full listing of what JBoob really owns?

Easily enough attained by looking up the tax records. They tend to put all of the properties in their trust, but searching Jim Bob Duggar will yield results.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Easily enough attained by looking up the tax records.

Thanks. I thought someone here had already done it.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Thanks. I thought someone here had already done it.

It's been done many times, just not very recently. The last time I checked, Boob had quite the portfolio. However, I didn't check values to see how many of his holdings were obvious flips.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/11/2019 at 8:02 PM, Sew Sumi said:

However, I didn't check values to see how many of his holdings were obvious flips.

He's such a hustler, yuk.

Edited by MsJamieDornan

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/6/2019 at 5:36 PM, BitterApple said:

The M'kids are very cute. Josh looks like he's one Twinkie away from a major heart attack.

Keep feeding him those twinkies Anna...

Edited by DCCme · Reason: .
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2019 at 8:13 AM, MsJamieDornan said:

Does anyone have a full listing of what JBoob really owns?

Actdatascout.com and arcountydata.com. One has records for Benton County and the other has Washington County. Do a real estate records search for “Duggar”. Those are property only. I think there’s approx $2,000,000 of property JimChelle own in Benton County. The bulk of the properties they own are in Washington County, but it’s not so easy to calculate the values. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Like 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Actdatascout.com and arcountydata.com. One has records for Benton County and the other has Washington County. Do a real estate records search for “Duggar”. Those are property only. I think there’s approx $2,000,000 of property JimChelle own in Benton County. The bulk of the properties they own are in Washington County, but it’s not so easy to calculate the values. 

I sure hope JB and Michelle have iron clad wills written, cause you know that when they die, some of those kids will tear each other apart for the money. 

(Well, all except Josie. She’ll be too busy licking the counters.)

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I sure hope JB and Michelle have iron clad wills written, cause you know that when they die, some of those kids will tear each other apart for the money. 

(Well, all except Josie. She’ll be too busy licking the counters.)

I hope Josh isn't the executor. I have no doubts he'd screw his siblings out of their shares.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

I sure hope JB and Michelle have iron clad wills written, cause you know that when they die, some of those kids will tear each other apart for the money.

Next week on a very special episode of Counting On...

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/13/2019 at 12:32 AM, DCCme said:

Keep feeding him those twinkies Anna...

Make them deep fried to speed things along.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I hope Josh isn't the executor. I have no doubts he'd screw his siblings out of their shares.

He can try, but I think Jeremy and Derick will be able to fight really dirty to "protect" their wives' interests. Jeremy is a lot smarter than Josh (not that the bar is set very high) and Derick is a lot meaner. Jessa won't need Ben to fight for her; after years of pretending that what Josh did to her was "no big deal", she'll be ready to give him a little lesson in "payback".

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

she'll be ready to give him a little lesson in "payback".

I hope so. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

He can try, but I think Jeremy and Derick will be able to fight really dirty to "protect" their wives' interests. Jeremy is a lot smarter than Josh (not that the bar is set very high) and Derick is a lot meaner. Jessa won't need Ben to fight for her; after years of pretending that what Josh did to her was "no big deal", she'll be ready to give him a little lesson in "payback".

I can also see Jana being the caretaker to her aging parents and slowly having them sign over everything to her while her married siblings are too busy to care.  Then when JB and Michelle are gone, there is nothing left to divide.   Possession is really 9/10 of the law.  The other kids would have to have to time and money to take her to court to get whatever is "theirs."  Wills don't matter if the family is too dysfunctional.   I have seen this happen on both sides of my family with the deaths of two of my great grandmothers. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

They have everything tied up in a trust, so no one gets anything until both Boobchelle are dead. 

As @BitterApple noted, who is named executor will be key. Hopefully, it's their lawyer. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They have everything tied up in a trust, so no one gets anything until both Boobchelle are dead. 

As @BitterApple noted, who is named executor will be key. Hopefully, it's their lawyer. 

Someone more knowledgeable should definitely chime in, but my understanding is it being a trust also means they can't sue the trust after JB and Michelle die. It also keeps all the details out of probate and, thus, private from the public.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

He can try, but I think Jeremy and Derick will be able to fight really dirty to "protect" their wives' interests. Jeremy is a lot smarter than Josh (not that the bar is set very high) and Derick is a lot meaner. Jessa won't need Ben to fight for her; after years of pretending that what Josh did to her was "no big deal", she'll be ready to give him a little lesson in "payback".

That’s a Counting On season I would watch. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Two mil divided up 19 ways is only around a hundred grand a piece. That's....nothing when you factor in all the dependent kids and families. They'd make more of  a profit getting out now and telling all. Even if Jessa or Josh outmaneuvers the other it still won't be for much.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Two mil divided up 19 ways is only around a hundred grand a piece. That's....nothing when you factor in all the dependent kids and families. They'd make more of  a profit getting out now and telling all. Even if Jessa or Josh outmaneuvers the other it still won't be for much.

And if they fight it, the lawyer fees come out of the estate thus reducing the estate even further. 

Hopefully they've named a decent lawyer and not the one Josh always hires for his frivolous lawsuits. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Two mil divided up 19 ways is only around a hundred grand a piece. That's....nothing when you factor in all the dependent kids and families. They'd make more of  a profit getting out now and telling all. Even if Jessa or Josh outmaneuvers the other it still won't be for much.

And that's assuming there's two mil left by the time Boob and Michelle kick the bucket. Their Healthcare costs will only increase as they age, as will the number of dependents Boob is dishing out allowances to in his golden years. He might have to unload some of those properties along the way in order to keep the horde afloat.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Those are only his real estate holdings, right?

Regrettably, he probably has a shit ton of TLC money socked away tax-free and offshore somewhere. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Those are only his real estate holdings, right?

Regrettably, he probably has a shit ton of TLC money socked away tax-free and offshore somewhere. 

The $2 million is only real eatate in one county. A previous poster said the Duggars own more property in another county, but the website that shows properties is harder to compile values in that county. Combine that with likely other investments and assets, and the $2 million is probably just a fraction of the actual total.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

The $2 million is only real eatate in one county. A previous poster said the Duggars own more property in another county, but the website that shows properties is harder to compile values in that county. Combine that with likely other investments and assets, and the $2 million is probably just a fraction of the actual total.

It would have to be, if the one house they are trying to sell for $1,450,000  is “worth” close to the asking price.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Btw, the listing for that house now has this photo added:

A0B3D5A5-A7B8-42EA-9640-8567D4E1AD05.jpeg

  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Btw, the listing for that house now has this photo added:

A0B3D5A5-A7B8-42EA-9640-8567D4E1AD05.jpeg

Tasteful.

ETA: Is that the round house, aka The Pizza Oven?

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Btw, the listing for that house now has this photo added:

A0B3D5A5-A7B8-42EA-9640-8567D4E1AD05.jpeg

Hey hey those are Joshyes guns. It’s for when someone tries to take the last slice of pizza.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Zella said:

Someone more knowledgeable should definitely chime in, but my understanding is it being a trust also means they can't sue the trust after JB and Michelle die. It also keeps all the details out of probate and, thus, private from the public.

No but they COULD sue the executor if they feel the executor is not doing their fiduciary duty making moves to the benefit of the heirs.  We had to do that when the executor stole all my dads $.  That does require them to pay attn to what the executor is doing though.

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Natalie68 said:

No but they COULD sue the executor if they feel the executor is not doing their fiduciary duty making moves to the benefit of the heirs.  We had to do that when the executor stole all my dads $.  That does require them to pay attn to what the executor is doing though.

That makes sense--thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/14/2019 at 11:30 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Tasteful.

ETA: Is that the round house, aka The Pizza Oven?

Yes it is:

549C8BAD-E545-4CA0-A3BC-A3C967C167F5.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/14/2019 at 4:06 PM, Sew Sumi said:

They have everything tied up in a trust, so no one gets anything until both Boobchelle are dead. 

As @BitterApple noted, who is named executor will be key. Hopefully, it's their lawyer. 

Oh god , what if that’s Derelict ?

  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Oh god , what if that’s Derelict ?

JB and M seem to despise Derick, ain't no way he becomes executor.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

JB and M seem to despise Derick, ain't no way he becomes executor.

It would be hard for Mr. Cheapskate Arkansas to pass up free or cheap legal counsel. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Heathen said:

It would be hard for Mr. Cheapskate Arkansas to pass up free or cheap legal counsel. 

I think JB's hate for Derick might override a perceived discount. I could also totally see Derick charging JB full price out of spite. LOL

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

It would be hard for Mr. Cheapskate Arkansas to pass up free or cheap legal counsel. 

Dreck is not really a bad choice given the field of possible executors or maybe John David.  I cannot see him choosing Josh.  Josh has a proven track record of doing what is good for Josh and only Josh for years.  Josh does not inspire much confidence that he will diligently follow all of JB's wishes in the appropriate time frame.  This was going thru my head while thinking about Josh--

drunk animal house GIF by IFC
 
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Dreck is not really a bad choice given the field of possible executors or maybe John David.  I cannot see him choosing Josh.  Josh has a proven track record of doing what is good for Josh and only Josh for years.  Josh does not inspire much confidence that he will diligently follow all of JB's wishes in the appropriate time frame.  This was going thru my head while thinking about Josh--

drunk animal house GIF by IFC
 

Not to mention, I don't think Jim Bob has ever liked Josh. I remember the way Jim Bob talked to Josh during that on the road special years ago (Johanna was an infant). Jim Bob had a distinct "you dumbass" tone in his voice. Maybe it was because Josh is a lazy creep and sin in the camp and all, maybe it was because baby Josh took too much of Mullet's attention -- who knows. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Not to mention, I don't think Jim Bob has ever liked Josh. I remember the way Jim Bob talked to Josh during that on the road special years ago (Johanna was an infant). Jim Bob had a distinct "you dumbass" tone in his voice. Maybe it was because Josh is a lazy creep and sin in the camp and all, maybe it was because baby Josh took too much of Mullet's attention -- who knows. 

Huh, I always saw JB and M taking a special liking to Josh. He the favored male. Look at the lengths they went to hide his crimes.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

Huh, I always saw JB and M taking a special liking to Josh. He the favored male. Look at the lengths they went to hide his crimes.

I've always seen that (the early wedding, the house, the car lot) as 1. Parents trying to keep Smuggar happy, or their version of happiness, so that he wouldn't misbehave, and 2. Parents trying to prove to the world that their way of life really works. 

When Smuggar was first married, the wedding special and the media articles gave the distinct impression that Smuggar owned his house (Grandma's house aka the Mold House) and his car lot. It wasn't long thereafter when it came out that he actually owned neither. The Duggars were fronting hard even before they got their own series. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...