Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

I'm getting tired of this commercial that is for student loans. It shows a bunch of kids "getting" into college and screaming "I got in!". Only to be a loan company. So it leaves me thinking that's great get your education then go into debt. Don't get me wrong I value education but it's annoy how much it is played.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

and now we have the manscaping razor which still is classier than the one aimed at women.

And if I'm not mistaken, that commercial has some sort of line in it about taking care of the out-of-control bush.  I guess it isn't as snerk-worthy when referring to a man's beard than a lady's southern garden

20 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

On another note I hate the commercial about getting paid early and that obnoxious girl going yes I'm always boasting about how I've already been paid I would take somebody like that in the office and smack them.

I posted about that commercial too.  I don't get what the 'ha,ha, I got paid earlier than you.....neeener, neener, neener' is all about.  I mean - it'll all even out when everyone else gets paid and has more than you because you had 1-2 days of spending on them.

• Love 4

I posted about that commercial too.  I don't get what the 'ha,ha, I got paid earlier than you.....neeener, neener, neener' is all about.  I mean - it'll all even out when everyone else gets paid and has more than you because you had 1-2 days of spending on them.

It's for people so bad at managing money that they live from paycheck to paycheck. I have a cousin that my aunt hired to work in her business. He had to be paid every week because a two week pay period was too hard for him. He got into a lot of trouble with pay day loans too.

• Love 4
On ‎08‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 5:47 PM, SoMuchTV said:

thought that was pretty normal, but I guess I learned it from Jimmy Carter.  Sixty-eight in the winter, 78 in the summer, right?

I keep it about 72 all year round.  Can't go warmer than that in summer - my thyroid meds make me too hot.

22 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

Why don't they start having commercials for special men's soap

Well, there is one for some men's soap which you can use on your FACE, HANDS and BODY!.  Really, soap you use on everything?  How revolutionary.

1 hour ago, ctlady said:

And if I'm not mistaken, that commercial has some sort of line in it about taking care of the out-of-control bush.  I guess it isn't as snerk-worthy when referring to a man's beard than a lady's southern garden

It's actually referencing pubic hair, too.  Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment, which is very possible.

51 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

It's for people so bad at managing money that they live from paycheck to paycheck.

Living paycheck to paycheck isn't always about being bad at managing money.  Sometimes it's just about your job being minimum wage.  But the commercial is annoying as hell.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I keep it about 72 all year round.  Can't go warmer than that in summer - my thyroid meds make me too hot.

Well, there is one for some men's soap which you can use on your FACE, HANDS and BODY!.  Really, soap you use on everything?  How revolutionary.

It's actually referencing pubic hair, too.  Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment, which is very possible.

Living paycheck to paycheck isn't always about being bad at managing money.  Sometimes it's just about your job being minimum wage.  But the commercial is annoying as hell.

I know. I did it when I was young. But it's nothing to brag about.

17 hours ago, proserpina65 said:
18 hours ago, ctlady said:

Unless I missed the beginning of the commercial which alluded to that.  I mean - how many 'below-the-belt-manscaping' commercials have there been in the past that led me to NOT connect the word 'bush' with a man's facial beard?  At least it was subtle - and not along the lines of those three swimsuit clad ladies trimming topiaries which strategically cover their crotch.

17 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I think the only man-centered hygiene product I can think of off the top of my head is the Old Spice deodorant where the husband gets miffed that the wife keeps taking his deodorant to use.  First it was the Irish Spring soap because, "it's manly, yes....but ladies like it too".  Don't ladies have enough personal care products of their own that they don't have to keep filching their man's?  Although, the role-reversal commercial with the husband accidentally using his wife's Summer's Eve body wash in the shower, then trying to regain his manliness the rest of the day by pulling a tractor with his teeth, gorging on steak, chopping concrete with his bare hands....etc 🙂

Edited by ctlady
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Anyone remember the old “Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman” ads for Secret antiperspirant? Confession:  I did occasionally let my husband use my deodorant when his ran out, and as far as I know, he didn’t grow boobs or anything...😛

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

The ladies filch the men's products because they're cheaper than the ladies' products.

Yep; I use the "men's" version of many toiletries, because it's actually just the product I need without the gender surcharge.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Back in the day, I think that was the one that had the roll on ball. 

do they even make those anymore?

And I cannot forget that (back in that day) was when the whole ozone layer thing came about, and those of us who "cared" switched from spray-on to (I guess-- roller ball? Because had they invented the kind-we-use-now yet? The whatever it is?)

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 1

One reason the spray on powder deodorant disappeared for a long time, is that they found people were getting lung fungus from the powders.   In the locker room after high school gym class, the clouds of spray antiperspirant were hideous.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The only thing more embarrassing than getting chicken pox at seventeen, is having my mom dab on Calamine Lotion with a maxi pad, because she ran out of cotton balls.  Chicken Pox at that age was brutal.  A horrible case all over my body and some scarring.  There were some places I couldn't reach to dab on the lotion, so my mom was willing to help out.  When we were both done I looked like the Pepto Bismol bottle.  No one should look that pink.

Oh I hear ya! I got chicken pox at 27, my kids brought it home from the Montessori school they went to. I called my mom to ask if I had it as a kid and she said "maybe, you just had a couple of spots"...yeah no, guess not. You really don't want to get a childhood disease as an adult! I was really sick for a good 10 days. I had a 3 yo and 5 yo and a husband that was traveling for work most of the month. I'd take pink spots and some embarrassment over the hell my life was for a couple of weeks!

3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Oh I hear ya! I got chicken pox at 27, my kids brought it home from the Montessori school they ...

I’m surprised they didn’t test you for it when you were pregnant with said kids. (If you acquired them through other than the “traditional” method, then never mind, I withdraw my comment.) I remember being told I was positive for mumps, which I don’t remember ever having. 

5 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I’m surprised they didn’t test you for it when you were pregnant with said kids. (If you acquired them through other than the “traditional” method, then never mind, I withdraw my comment.) I remember being told I was positive for mumps, which I don’t remember ever having. 

If it was an antibody test, and you’d been vaccinated, the test would be positive.

12 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The only thing more embarrassing than getting chicken pox at seventeen, is having my mom dab on Calamine Lotion with a maxi pad, because she ran out of cotton balls.  Chicken Pox at that age was brutal. 

Me too!  (The pox at 17, not the maxi pad.)  And it was brutal.  Very painful.

21 hours ago, ctlady said:

Although, the role-reversal commercial with the husband accidentally using his wife's Summer's Eve body wash in the shower, then trying to regain his manliness the rest of the day by pulling a tractor with his teeth, gorging on steak, chopping concrete with his bare hands....etc

Is this real?  Cuz it's pretty funny.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

This Papa John's Pappadia commercial is making me nuts. First of all, it's pizza folded over. Second, why is it not spelled "Papadilla"? Third, I hate "melty"! 

I'll see your "melty" and raise you an "ooey gooey"!

I think Papadilla would be too much of a challenge for people to pronounce. Yes, my expectations of the general public are low.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, dleighg said:

do they even make those anymore?

And I cannot forget that (back in that day) was when the whole ozone layer thing came about, and those of us who "cared" switched from spray-on to (I guess-- roller ball? Because had they invented the kind-we-use-now yet? The whatever it is?)

Yeah, they do. I use Mitchum and they still have the ball. I do not have problems with hair getting in it because of shaving but for men I can see how it would be a problem.

1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

What's wrong with a nose stud?

Her face is already covered with suppurating, angry lumps and sores. Personally, the last thing I'd want in the midst of that skin is a metal pimple, but maybe that's just me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

You guys must be too young to remember the Wausau insurance ads, with the woman who kept saying "Warsaw" and people thought she was referring to a Polish city 🙂

I remember that ad.  "That's what I said.  Warsar."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

In the world of commercials, here is what I'm thankful for today:

I think the eHarmoney woman in the black fedora, sitting in the engine propeller of a jet, yelling "come find meeee" is gone.

And I haven't seen the annoying Meridian Healthcare hag reminding me to "practice kindness and wash my hands".

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Her face is already covered with suppurating, angry lumps and sores. Personally, the last thing I'd want in the midst of that skin is a metal pimple, but maybe that's just me.

I mean, OK -- but acne-prone people like jewelry too. Maybe it was pierced before her complexion became an issue for her, and maybe it makes her feel like she has some control over her appearance. (And considering that her condition appears to be very severe, is a tiny, shiny stud going to make it any worse?)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

In the world of commercials, here is what I'm thankful for today:

I think the eHarmoney woman in the black fedora, sitting in the engine propeller of a jet, yelling "come find meeee" is gone.

And I haven't seen the annoying Meridian Healthcare hag reminding me to "practice kindness and wash my hands".

Yes but why oh, why have the Medicare supplemental insurance commercials multiplied like freakin' rabbits?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yes but why oh, why have the Medicare supplemental insurance commercials multiplied like freakin' rabbits?

Yeah. Open enrollment begins in October. I dread television in October, between the hateful political ads and then all the Medicare crap... I think I may go hibernate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Ugh! I grew up in the 70s when Joe Namath was a huge sports star. But I cannot stand his Medicare commercials. Poor dude looks like a jackolantern left out on the front stoop well into November.

You'd think someone with his resources could at least get dentures that fit. I can't listen to his mush mouthed mumbling.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

You'd think someone with his resources could at least get dentures that fit. I can't listen to his mush mouthed mumbling.

Maybe if he had a big stack o' cash he wouldn't have to do these commercials? Perhaps he blew it all on mink coats.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 8/20/2020 at 8:06 AM, icemiser69 said:

Healthy Choice Power Dressing commercial.

Alton Brown should have shaved before being filmed for this commercial.  He looks like he just rolled out of bed.

I'm surprised to learn about Alton Brown doing commercials. He used to rant about how bad our food was, Wendy's in particular, and how corporations were selling us junk food. This happened around the time he started eating healthy and lost a lot of weight.

On 8/26/2020 at 12:08 AM, TattleTeeny said:

This Papa John's Pappadia commercial is making me nuts. First of all, it's pizza folded over. Second, why is it not spelled "Papadilla"? Third, I hate "melty"! 

I blame Taco Bell for starting that "melty" bullshit.

Edited by Ubiquit0us
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Ugh! I grew up in the 70s when Joe Namath was a huge sports star. But I cannot stand his Medicare commercials

I don't mind it.  What does bother me is how old I feel seeing these Hollywood/sports studs back in the day now doing old fart commercials.  Namath doing this, Lee Majors doing hearing aids, Tom Selleck doing reverse mortgages and most recent (for me) Eric Roberts doing the walk in bath! 

• Love 10

The Angel Soft with lavender commercial is pissing me off. The woman VO says the scent is in the roll. Does the idiot in the commercial believe her? Hell, no. All this does is serve to remind me that men DO NOT listen to women. He keeps looking all over the place for the scent and she keeps telling him where it is.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

The Angel Soft with lavender commercial is pissing me off. The woman VO says the scent is in the roll. Does the idiot in the commercial believe her? Hell, no. All this does is serve to remind me that men DO NOT listen to women. He keeps looking all over the place for the scent and she keeps telling him where it is.

Nothing scented should be used in that area. And I don't mean the bathroom, I mean the AREA. You know what I mean.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

Nothing scented should be used in that area. And I don't mean the bathroom, I mean the AREA. You know what I mean.

Do you remember when tp came in a rainbow of colors? My mom used to match it to the decor of the room.

• Love 11

"This little light of mine...."

Tired of that commercial.   It is the one for the donations to help in other countries for children with clefts. I have no problem with those little children at all. What I have a problem with is the high pitch of the very start of the commercial and the shitheel kids who laugh, make fun of and ostracize the small victims as they walk away in tears. The music annoys, the bratty kids piss me off , and I'm sad for the children with clefts, all in the span of one commercial.