Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Miss Bones said:

Hahaha. I didn’t even think of that, but you are so so so so so so so righ-   Dammit!  I ran out of Angel Soft!!

Unless that's the only bathroom in the house, there are other sources of tp. Even if it is the only bathroom, I've got tp stacked in my garage now that it's available again. I got close to having none when the great shortage arrived. Said in my terrible Scarlett O'Hara imitation, as God is my witness, I will never be without tp again!

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, nokat said:

I didn't mean to offend, which I realized I might have after writing that. I just don't like the commercial.

You didn't offend me.  I like the commercial, but like I said, mostly for the song.  You're okay to not like it.  :-)  Plus, my best friend hates the very concept of those bowls; she really doesn't like all her food mushed together.

18 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I think it’s supposed to be a take off on how John Travolta mispronounced her name, Adele Dazeim, at some awards show. 

That makes sense.

• Love 3
(edited)

I dont have cable or satellite so it's just an antenna for me. I watch a lot of METV.

They run an ad all the time showing clips from some of their line up. It includes Fred Flintstone  screaming yabba daba doooooo! And Carol burnett screaming like Tarzan.

Cant stand either of them or their shows and me tv picks the most annoying sounds from those two. Those two sounds are pitched enough to carry through my entire house even though the volume isnt up.

Edited by Tashalynn29
Autocorrect
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Hate the man-scaping razor commercials.  I really don’t care what a man has to do to make ping/pong and the cue stick stand out, so to speak.  

At first I thought you were talking about the one that showed them doing interesting sculpts on their faces. I thought that was intriguing enough. Are you telling me I missed the point? Or is there another one that is more pointed, so to speak? In either case, ewww.

• Love 2
(edited)

Someone had to have mentioned this commercial but this page moves quickly so I did not see it. The commercial for some drug or doctor to see if your male organ is bent or has other issues. They show all sorts of vegetables in different states of bent and oddness and ask if you have one of those problems. Yikes.

Funny enough, I've been reading and watching all sorts of stuff about Jeffrey Epstein and remember a couple of his victims saying he had an egg shaped penis that was fat on the bottom and thinner at the top. In the commercial I mentioned, there is a vegetable that fits that description.

Edited by configdotsys
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

The commercial is about Peyronie's disease.

Peyronie's (pay-roe-NEEZ) disease is a noncancerous condition resulting from fibrous scar tissue that develops on the penis and causes curved, painful erections. Penises vary in shape and size, and having a curved erection isn't necessarily a cause for concern.

5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Just the imagery of a dude trying to chase down his cat that has run off with his testicle is just something that I don't want to think about.

I want to watch that one now. Sorry.

• LOL 1

There is a commercial for some dolls called Cry Babies.  It has the most insipid song:

Cry Babies.  Now there are many more.

Give them a paci so they will stop crying.

Cry Babies.  They really really cry.

Yeesh.....

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/22/2020 at 8:32 PM, Chaos Theory said:

I know it’s supposed to be funny but I hate the Limu Emu and Doug Liberty Mutual commercials.  .  Actually I kind hate most of Liberty Mutuals commercials which is kinda funny because I enjoy most of the Progressive Insurance commercials

I'm perplexed by the one that shows Doug reminiscing about the "one that got away," as if he were referring to some former romantic partner, and then the commercial cuts to a 70s Doug in an elevator with Farrah Fawcett hair and he's blathering on to the back of some guy's head.  Did Doug just start into a sales pitch to a guy who wasn't even facing him?  When the guy stepped off the elevator, Doug fell to his knees and cried out, "Nooo!!!"  I really don't get it.  He's distraught because of a failed sales pitch and still brooding about it all these years later?

Edited by Ilovecomputers
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Tashalynn29 said:

I dont have cable or satellite so it's just an antenna for me. I watch a lot of METV.

They run an ad all the time showing clips from some of their line up. It includes Fred Flintstone  screaming yabba daba doooooo! And Carol burnett screaming like Tarzan.

Cant stand either of them or their shows and me tv picks the most annoying sounds from those two. Those two sounds are pitched enough to carry through my entire house even though the volume isnt up.

Thank you.  I thought it was just me.  They also show her gushing about her great friends Jim Nabors and Alan Alda.  I hate everything about the Gomer Pyle show; it's a mystery how that ever stayed on the air as long as it did.  Ugh. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Ilovecomputers said:

I'm perplexed by the one that shows Doug reminiscing about the "one that got away," as if he were referring to some former romantic partner, and then the commercial cuts to a 70s Doug in an elevator with Farrah Fawcett hair and he's blathering on to the back of some guy's head.  Did Doug just start into a sales pitch to a guy who wasn't even facing him?  When the guy stepped off the elevator, Doug fell to his knees and cried out, "Nooo!!!"  I really don't get it.  He's distraught because of a failed sales pitch and still brooding about it all these years later?

The joke is the guy he was talking to had long hair also, and as he steps off the elevator he pulls ear plugs out of his ears, so the guy he was pitching to didn't even hear him. But yeah, lame joke.

• Love 6
On 7/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, amass said:

I hate the Discover commercials with the clips from 90s tv and movies. There’s one with yes synonyms  and one with no synonyms. I hate them both.

On 7/29/2020 at 10:26 AM, scarletine said:

I haven't seen the "Yes" one that I can recall, but the "No" one has me diving for the mute button every time. Mostly because of Chandler Bing. 

Hah.  I don't mind Chanandler Bong.  But I can't stand the guy in "Yes" that gushes "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes".  I know he's from a TV show I should recognise, but this character is a complete tool.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, blackwing said:

But I can't stand the guy in "Yes" that gushes "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes".  I know he's from a TV show I should recognise, but this character is a complete tool.

You're right; that is by far the most annoying clip in that ad. He's the dorky "office boy" (?) in Thirty-Rock. A show I don't watch so apologies for not knowing his name or getting his role wrong.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/27/2020 at 8:22 AM, CrystalBlue said:

is the only beer in the world advertised with a piece of fruit on top to give it that extra flavor their bottle of piss cerveza needs.

I've been having computer and internet problems for the last month. So I read, 45 or so books during this time. One of the books I read takes place in Key West and the characters want their beer NFL (no f**kin lime). 

Since I don't drink beer in any shape or form, I don't pay much attention to their ads, but I do like the Corona Christmas ad.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, friendperidot said:

I've been having computer and internet problems for the last month. So I read, 45 or so books during this time. One of the books I read takes place in Key West and the characters want their beer NFL (no f**kin lime). 

Since I don't drink beer in any shape or form, I don't pay much attention to their ads, but I do like the Corona Christmas ad.

Carl Hiaasen?

• Love 1

There is one commercial that knocks me out of my chair every time.  It has a sound like a dolphin or whale, but to me it sounds like an injured puppy.  When commercials are on, I just read til they are over, but THIS ONE is extremely loud and obnoxious.  I'm not sure if it was for a cellphone company or beer. 

• Love 1

I don't know which thread I saw the post on, I've had about 30 pages of reading to catch up on since I was without a computer and/or internet for about a month, but someone posted about annoying Pluto tv ads for other shows. Specifically for Siesta Key, yes that one is annoying, but the ones that irritate me the most are the ones for MTV's Made and Sweet Sixteen. I don't mind the girl in the Made ad for wanting to be "hella hot" and be a pageant girl. But, the little, entitled twit for the Sweet Sixteen, I want to smack her entitled little butt and send her off to serve meals at homeless shelters or to carry out food for old people at the food bank or send her to muck out cages at the animal shelter or all three. She's not nearly as cute as she thinks she is, then there's a clip of her going into the party and someone really should have spent some of that time and money to teach her how to walk in heels, she clomps and stomps, it's not a pretty picture.

I forgot more of my Pluto shows ads, the Dallas Cheerleaders resident bytch, "have you ever held a pair of pom poms in your life?"

And Nosey, feature Jerry Springer, Maury Povich and some other guy I am not familiar with. (I just don't watch these kind of shows) I don't know which one of the 3 shows, but one young woman with a quavering voice asks another young woman, "are you sleeping with him?" And the other young woman gives what is the stupidest answer, "Yes, I'm sleeping with your boyfriend." And then fighting ensues. The other one, Maury intones, "You are the father." And she proceeds to jump around in front of the young man, screaming incoherently. I guess shes refraining from punching his lights out, but if she jumps around in anger like that a lot, she'll take that baby weight off fast.

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 8
On 7/25/2020 at 7:04 PM, Ashforth said:
On 7/25/2020 at 11:52 AM, ctlady said:

I just came here specifically to rant about that exact commercial.  SO WHAT you got paid two days earlier?  What's there to boast about?  You'll just have less by the time everyone else gets paid.  Go away, you smug twit!

Nah, she says she's at the office boasting to her co-workers that she already got her pay, while they are losers waiting for payday. I'm sure she's very popular at work.

I'm so sick of her - I'm starting to feel like I want to punch her when she comes on; I definitely mute the idiot. 

SOOO agree with both sentiments: Boasting, you jerk? I'm sure all your co-workers hate you, Dulce. And secondly, WHO CARES? Not that big a deal!

Between this commercial and the other one, with the woman who finally feels like she can trust her bank, this really seems like a business geared to people who aren't very financially savvy or knowledgeable about business in general. I mean, what does it mean to be able to finally trust your bank*? What do you think they're doing - stealing your money from your account and having lavish parties on yachts in the South of France? But that woman is infinitely less obnoxious than Boasting Idiot Woman.

It almost seems like Chime is a step up from payday-loan stores.

*And I get it that banks are greedy corporate overlords who live on the 9th ring of hell - that other ad for Chime, with the man and woman in the coffee shop... every time he says: "Those are maintenance fees - but I don't know what they're maintaining", I always answer out loud: Their profit margin, you moron, they're maintaining their profit margin!

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, mme ginger said:

I mean, what does it mean to be able to finally trust your bank*? What do you think they're doing - stealing your money from your account and having lavish parties on yachts in the South of France?

Well, uh, yeah. That's a pretty good description of what the despicable people who control banks do.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, friendperidot said:

The other one, Maury intones, "You are the father." And she proceeds to jump around in front of the young man, screaming incoherently. I guess shes refraining from punching his lights out, but if she jumps around in anger like that a lot, she'll take that baby weight off fast.

I think it's hilarious the way she slings around all those braids coming out of the top of her head. It's almost as though that's the whole reason for her posturing - to show how secure they're attached to her real hair.

On 7/31/2020 at 3:45 PM, icemiser69 said:

"Surprise, surprise, surprise."

MeTV commercials are nowhere near as clever as they used to be.  They are more stale then their television lineup, and their television lineup needs a serious shakeup.  They keep running the same series over and over and over again.

I'll take all those commercials over the ASPCA commercials they show a lot!  I watch Svengoolie on MeTV on Saturday nights and for some reason they show those sad a$$ ASPCA commercials all the time....those and those stupid Hurrycane commercials , the car insurance for seniors, and the hearing aid commercials.  They must think only senior citizens watch MeTV.

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I'll take all those commercials over the ASPCA commercials they show a lot!  I watch Svengoolie on MeTV on Saturday nights and for some reason they show those sad a$$ ASPCA commercials all the time....those and those stupid Hurrycane commercials , the car insurance for seniors, and the hearing aid commercials.  They must think only senior citizens watch MeTV.

OMG! That Hurrycane sex pest kills me every time.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I love old westerns. In that vein, we watch a lot of INSP channel. Every commercial is geared to seniors. If I hear another person scream "ATTENTION!! ANYONE ON MEDICARE!!" I'll scream. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I love old westerns. In that vein, we watch a lot of INSP channel. Every commercial is geared to seniors. If I hear another person scream "ATTENTION!! ANYONE ON MEDICARE!!" I'll scream. 

You and me both. Instant channel change.

• Love 5

This ad makes me more stabby than it really should. It's for some Rx (I have no idea for what condition) where a mother takes her daughter to work for "take your kid to work" day. They are dressed alike in pink and white, and the daughter copies everything the mother does. Goes without saying the mother works in a really fancy office building where she must be very important (although she seems to work by herself with no meetings). And she spends most of her work day apparently either looking at her watch, or sitting in front of a CLOSED laptop!

XELJANZ

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, dleighg said:

And she spends most of her work day apparently either looking at her watch, or sitting in front of a CLOSED laptop!

There's only one scene of that, and it's at the end, so I think it's meant to symbolize that they're done for the day.  I think they should have cut all the scenes shorter, so they had time to show more of them at work than just looking at a printout and handling a phone call, because, yeah, it plays like they came into the office, did very little, and called it a day.

46 minutes ago, dleighg said:

It's for some Rx (I have no idea for what condition)

Arthritis.

• Love 3
On 7/31/2020 at 10:25 AM, chessiegal said:

On 7/31/2020 at 10:25 AM, chessiegal said:

The joke is the guy he was talking to had long hair also, and as he steps off the elevator he pulls ear plugs out of his ears, so the guy he was pitching to didn't even hear him. But yeah, lame joke.

I just wish Doug would take that STUPID toothpick out of his mouth!!  Why do men do that?!  I'm from the south and a lot of guys do it here so I thought it was just a southern thing....I mean why though?  Why do you feel you have to constantly have a slender piece of wood in your mouth??  You're obviously not using the toothpick for it's intended purpose??

And it's a shame because I normally like the Lemu Emu and Doug commercials but mostly because of Emu and his cool guy sunglasses 😃  Now see that's weird, I don't have a problem with an Emu wearing a tie and sunglasses but I do with a grown man sucking on a toothpick....*shrug*

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I just wish Doug would take that STUPID toothpick out of his mouth!!  Why do men do that?!  I'm from the south and a lot of guys do it here so I thought it was just a southern thing....I mean why though?  Why do you feel you have to constantly have a slender piece of wood in your mouth??  You're obviously not using the toothpick for it's intended purpose??

And it's a shame because I normally like the Lemu Emu and Doug commercials but mostly because of Emu and his cool guy sunglasses 😃  Now see that's weird, I don't have a problem with an Emu wearing a tie and sunglasses but I do with a grown man sucking on a toothpick....*shrug*

The only people I've ever known to do that were people trying to quit smoking.

Say what?

Two old guys are sitting on a park bench and an attractive woman walks by. They both try to get at her but the guy with the Hurrycane gets there first. It's stupid.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I hate the commercial for Miracle Ear. Two senior brothers are talking & one says that now he can hear his grandson speak. The grandson speaks on the computer and all you can hear is "Wah wah wah" like the teacher in the Peanuts cartoons. Why not have the grandson actually speak some actual words, like even "Grandpa"? 

• Love 5

The Apple Watch commercial with the catch phrase "this...watch...tells...time..."

I hate it so much.  Almost as much as the Allstate coffee shop commercial.  Almost. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 7/22/2020 at 10:33 AM, iMonrey said:

The most disturbing thing is that Amy Schumer needs to make a Tampax commercial. Is nobody else hiring her right now?

Not only that, but I'm so f'n sick of seeing her fug face everywhere. From her Food Network show to commercials and really bad movies. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
On 7/21/2020 at 1:18 AM, Maverick said:

I was going to post about this but couldn't bring myself to search for this.   The first time I saw it I was like "WTF" (but I guess I should have been Whaaaaaat the Fuuuuuck?")    The second hand embarrassment for those actors is strong.    If they were acting that way over a covid vaccine I'd get it, but is shingles some hot button right now?   And it's not exactly like being able to vaccinate for it is exactly new anyway. 

There's a newer vaccine, Shingrix, that requires two jabs, 2 to 6 months apart.  I took my first one in December, but had to wait to June to get the second, which was OK.  

On 7/21/2020 at 6:55 AM, Haleth said:

Pushing the shingles vaccine is fine but anyone interested should know that Walgreens (and I'm guessing CVS) is not giving vaccines right now so you'd have to go to a doctor's office for one.  Hopefully pharmacies will be back to giving shots by flu season.

I was able  to get mine in June at Walgreens.

On 7/21/2020 at 2:33 PM, Katy M said:

I hate that bra commercial that they've been showing a lot lately.  I don't remember what it's called, but it starts out with someone asking her friend to adjust her bra for her and her friend tells her she needs this kind of bra and she exposes the strap and the adjuster is on the top.  I've literally never seen a bra with an adjust thing not on the top.  And then if you tighten it comes forward.  Am I really supposed to believe there are bras out there that have the adjuster in the back where you can't reach it?  I mean I've had bras with no strap adjuster at all.  But, not one in the back.  And if it didn't have one at all her friend wouldn't be able to adjust it any more than she could.

Mine have the strap adjustment at the back.  But once I set it on a new bra, I generally never have to adjust it again.  I set it before I put it on. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

Mine have the strap adjustment at the back.  But once I set it on a new bra, I generally never have to adjust it again.  I set it before I put it on. 

yeah, that's usually a one-time thing.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

I was able  to get mine in June at Walgreens

Oh, maybe it’s a state by state thing, but I asked last week and the pharmacist said they’d be doing them again later this month. Yay!

• Love 3

There’s a commercial for Rocket Mortgage that shows a family in a house that we’re led to believe is too small...because a child drew with magic markers all over her brother’s face? What? Why would the latter be evidence of the former?! Do they need a bigger house so that each child can be locked into his or her own wing? Do they need an art supplies storage area (also with a lock)?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5