Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

The best I have seen at this social media stuff is Evan and Carlin Bates.  Evan is down to earth in a way that Jeremy could never even imagine.  And Carlin is a goof but both of them are more than willing to laugh at themselves.  Even if the Duggar spawn took note, they would still not succeed.  And Jeremy is hopeless at relating to "the common people".

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

And Jeremy is hopeless at relating to "the common people".

Jeremy thinks he's above the common people and most of us are going to hell anyway, according to him, so NBD.

• Love 24
18 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Jeremy thinks he's above the common people and most of us are going to hell anyway, according to him, so NBD.

"LET THEM EAT CAKE . . . IN HELL!" 

• LOL 17
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

A91E1B77-EB73-4AC9-9D3E-A3C0FC12156A.jpeg

Thanks, Jinger, but most of us have already been dating for years. We’ve done all of these things and many more.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, zenme said:

Wow. I guess Mr zenme and I had multiple dates today. 
1. Grabbed a bite for lunch. 
2. Went to mall. 
3. Hit Costco. 
4. Got ice cream.

5 Grocery store. 

wow! I had 5 dates! Well maybe just 4 since hubby and I picked out our own ice cream flavors.

So long as you're not talking about a Jill & Derick "dates."

I'll be honest, Mr. Portia and I have been married 30+ years and still talk about going on dates...privately. To each other only. We also refrain from using sexy pet names and pawing one another in public. You're welcome.

ill

• LOL 11
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

That character was in high school.

Yep! And that’s the first and last time anyone has, or will, EVER compare a young Cybill Shepard to Jinger Duggar. Jeremy wishes!

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Jinger looks very happy and confident in that picture. IMO, in spite of Jeremy and her family baggage, she's seems to have found the space to become herself. 

All the Duggars are either full-on Fundy, or still lean Fundy, but Jinger seems to have left behind the Gothard bullshit with very little drama or trauma, whereas Jill still seems very torn to leave most of that behind her.

It'll be interesting, (if the Duggars are still around) to see how the Vuolo family is when the girls reach school age. Will they attend public school? Will they play organized sports? Will they take dance classes?

Even with Jeremy as their dad I think the Vuolo children have the best chance of leaving the shackles of the Duggars behind them. Maybe they'll be more like Jeremy's siblings, who seem to live independent mainstream lives.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

of6kkp5fnue71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Like it or not, Jinger is actually right on trend with that look. Hers seems more like a ''toned down'' version, however (the usual look requires at least one barrette on each side and a middle part).

Edited by Pinke
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I know we mentioned something similar in the Claire thread. Not everyone can pull off every trend.  I couldn’t do that either. I have cute barrette’s and bobbie pins, but I have to use them with a side part. I think the same might apply to Jinger. 
The part acts as an arrow and if you have a 5-head, 2-head, big nose, or too large or too small lips, the middle part will accentuate that feature. She might wanna try to middle part without the pins, as it’s less severe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/30/2021 at 9:29 PM, Jeeves said:

Yes she does. I hope Jill takes a hint and gets another haircut.

I'm wondering how long it takes for another sister to follow suit, now that they've seen on Jinger how good it looks to remove six pounds of dead fried hair from one's head.  I would love to see Jill, Joy and even Jana follow suit and try it out, with the Lost Girls eventually sporting short hair once they get sprung from the Big House.  Jessa can be the lone holdout, while Bin gazes wistfully at his sisters-in-law and wonders what it might be like to eat a serving of tater tot casserole without fishing a 4-foot long hair out of his mouth.

16 hours ago, zenme said:

Wow. I guess Mr zenme and I had multiple dates today. 
1. Grabbed a bite for lunch. 
2. Went to mall. 
3. Hit Costco. 
4. Got ice cream.

5 Grocery store. 

wow! I had 5 dates! Well maybe just 4 since hubby and I picked out our own ice cream flavors. 

Who knew we were so romantic. I have hope our marriage will make it another  31 years. Thanks, Jinger!

I just adore when a couple that's been married for a hot minute deems to impart their deep marriage wisdom on couples who've been married or dating for far longer than they have.  And contrary to all those newbie couples - "date night" is not, in fact, the answer to all the trials and tribulations of marriage, so please stop.

14 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Seeing Jeremy’s big moist lips makes me nauseous I don’t want to see up his nose ... 

Hahaha!  This description is both hilarious and spot-on.  Coupled with his weirdly crooked smile, he oozes used car salesmen in a cheap suit vibes (but with an insanely expensive pocket square, of course).  Yuck.

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
16 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm wondering how long it takes for another sister to follow suit, now that they've seen on Jinger how good it looks to remove six pounds of dead fried hair from one's head.  I would love to see Jill, Joy and even Jana follow suit and try it out,

Actually, Jill did get a serious haircut in December 2019, and it looked great. It was a little longer than Jinger's new cut, a bit below shoulder length. She had about 12 inches of hair whacked off, and donated it to a charity.

I commented about Jinger's cut in the hopes that Jill will do it again. Jill recently posted on SM asking for opinions on different hair colors and even her getting dreadlocks. I hope that means she's working her way up to another cut. 

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I like Jinger's new cut/color, but I also think it ages her a little bit.  Gives her a soccer mom vibe.

Well, my granddaughter, who is about the same age as Felicity, just started playing soccer (and might actually better than I am when it comes to kicking a ball where she wants it to go😄 ), so that might not be far off the mark! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Well, my granddaughter, who is about the same age as Felicity, just started playing soccer (and might actually better than I am when it comes to kicking a ball where she wants it to go😄 ), so that might not be far off the mark! 

Touché!

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I like Jinger's new cut/color, but I also think it ages her a little bit.  Gives her a soccer mom vibe.

funny, my thought when Jinger posted her first haircut pic with the beach waves, is that she looked younger!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Hell for me would be spending eternity with him and Jill Rodrigues 

Ok. I admit I got a little stabby there thinking about that hell. I promise I will be a good girl as long as I can be assured I shall have no contact WHATSOEVER with the two of them in my afterlife. I shall gladly go to my reserved condo in Hell if I never have to deal with either of them or their people.

BTW, I do have room in my hell condo if anyone wants to join me. I got wine.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Thank you, Churchhoney. This looks expensive and time consuming. Once again, I ask how do they afford such a lifestyle? They have 2 children to care for, apparently no real job for Jer; I'm just at a loss with these two. Personally, I don't like those thick, thick eyebrows...and not on Jinger either.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Laminate brows tend to be combed vertical, against the way they naturally grow.  Jinger's brows don't have that straight-up laminated look to me.  I think she might've had microblading-and the technician used a darker shade and did more microblading than would be natural,  There was also a lot of brow powder/pencil involved, I think.

If you look at her brows in closeup, not that I recommend it, it appears that much of the darker color is on the skin under the hairs, not the hairs themselves.  That's microblading and brow makeup.

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Laminate brows tend to be combed vertical, against the way they naturally grow.  Jinger's brows don't have that straight-up laminated look to me.  I think she might've had microblading-and the technician used a darker shade and did more microblading than would be natural,  There was also a lot of brow powder/pencil involved, I think.

If you look at her brows in closeup, not that I recommend it, it appears that much of the darker color is on the skin under the hairs, not the hairs themselves.  That's microblading and brow makeup.

So....somebody I know mentioned to me (I think) that microblading is more expensive...and I know nothing from my own experience, only what my beauty-invested friends and relations tell me...So, is that true? Cause if she got the more expensive option....

Well, as @floridamom has noted, their finances baffle me. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, zenme said:

I know we mentioned something similar in the Claire thread. Not everyone can pull off every trend.  I couldn’t do that either. I have cute barrette’s and bobbie pins, but I have to use them with a side part. I think the same might apply to Jinger. 
The part acts as an arrow and if you have a 5-head, 2-head, big nose, or too large or too small lips, the middle part will accentuate that feature. She might wanna try to middle part without the pins, as it’s less severe. 

Oh for sure, I don't disagree with that. I was just adding a bit of context in case that might be useful to some.

(I myself am more of the school of thought that you shouldn't necessarily follow every trend and that you should go for things that work well with your features and fit your personal style. That being said, life is short and following trends can be fun. I actually like that some people embrace them, regardless of it being flattering or not.)

Topic: I like Jinger's new hair, overall. I do feel like the color could have been a tiny bit lighter, but I like how the darker color brings out her eyes more. The cut looks nice and modern, too.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

So....somebody I know mentioned to me (I think) that microblading is more expensive...and I know nothing from my own experience, only what my beauty-invested friends and relations tell me...So, is that true? Cause if she got the more expensive option....

Well, as @floridamom has noted, their finances baffle me. 

Microblading costs several hundred bucks here in the Midwest, but lasts for at least a couple of years.  It's a great answer for women undergoing chemo who don't want to be browless or just for those of us whose brows have become sparse and/or gray over time.

Lamination lasts about a month according to someone in the know who I asked.  It costs around $75 around here.  So, in the long run, the microblading is cheaper.

Either one is a fairly expensive proposition for the wife of a full time seminary student, though.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 4
  • Love 13
On 8/1/2021 at 5:40 PM, iwantcookies said:

A91E1B77-EB73-4AC9-9D3E-A3C0FC12156A.jpeg

Hey Jinger,  bin there, done that. And I'll tell ya how the 'dates' went. Well my ice cream melted during the walk in 90° weather. Went through McDonald's drive through, some McMoron screwed up our order which set a bad mood for the long drive. Which by the way, made it seem even longer! Tried to stargazer but got eaten alive by mosquitos.  Our picnic went well until all the bugs in a 20 feet radius attacked, and I'm positive some were from the star gazing night. The coffee shop was a dive and the drinks sucked. Didn't go to a hobby store, but to Canadian Tire to get materials to fix the plumbing. Does that count? We still did it together. And we did pick out some new plant additions to our home, but not from a nursery! 

Edited by Spazamanaz
  • LOL 21
  • Love 2