Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I just saw a picture of Jinger driving a brand new white, Lexus SUV — a GX460, to be exact. The SUV retails for nearly $60,000.  I don't mean to be rude, but I am wondering how they can afford this lifestyle when they literally do nothing.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • LOL 4
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jesus God, how many more years of school does this guy have? I've never seen a Master's program that takes half a decade.

Apparently It’s as long as medical school 😂😂😂

Felicity will graduate elementary school before Datty gets a job as a pastor.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I just a picture of Jinger driving a brand new white, Lexus SUV — a GX460, to be exact. The SUV retails for nearly $60,000.  I don't mean to be rude, but I am wondering how they can afford this lifestyle when they literally do nothing.  

Life’s greatest mysteries. My guess sm income/grifting/credit cards/blackmailing someone big.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I just a picture of Jinger driving a brand new white, Lexus SUV — a GX460, to be exact. The SUV retails for nearly $60,000.  I don't mean to be rude, but I am wondering how they can afford this lifestyle when they literally do nothing.  

I think Jeremy pisses through every dime that comes in. I've known people like him and they'll max themselves out putting on a show but have next to nothing in terms of retirement or savings. Even if you discount the free house, they still spend exorbitant amounts of money. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Jeremy reminds me of Jon Gosselin during and post divorce. He gave an interview to a newspaper (IIRC), and made a complete ass out of himself. I’ve never had such serious second hand embarrassment. The title of the ensuing article: Prince of the Nobodies. 

I have a question about the “datty” references. I’m obviously out of the loop on its origin.

• Love 8

I wonder what, if anything, is in his Cali llc - Woodstone Court llc formed in 10/2019

So about 2 months after his Freemont street llc was formed in Arkansas. This one has since been revoked.

Both in Jer's name only of course.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
24 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Probably a lease with as low a monthly payment as they could get. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Sure looks that way.  My granddaughter is left handed...just like me!!!!

I was left-handed til the nuns at Catholic schools beat it out of me and made me right-handed.  I still always do things left-handed.

30 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Probably a lease with as low a monthly payment as they could get. 

Almost certainly. So they can get a new car every year or two. 

38 minutes ago, SMama said:

Prince of the Nobodies. 

Jeremy: King of Kings of Nobodies

49 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I've known people like him and they'll max themselves out putting on a show but have next to nothing in terms of retirement or savings.

This is terribly common. They’re probably still high on book money. Not that it will last much longer. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I just saw a picture of Jinger driving a brand new white, Lexus SUV — a GX460, to be exact. The SUV retails for nearly $60,000.  I don't mean to be rude, but I am wondering how they can afford this lifestyle when they literally do nothing.  

Probably advertising for Lexus!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Apparently It’s as long as medical school 😂😂😂

Medical school is only 4 years.  Yes, the graduates still have to do residencies and possibly fellowships when they are done but they get paid and have no tuition costs. 

My son finished his Master's Degree in Biomedical Science in 2 years.  Then he did a PhD in Biomedical Engineering which took him 4.5 years.  He was lucky to get into a program at a Canadian university and had no tuition payments and received a stipend, plus was paid as a TA.  He certainly did not have a ton of money but he also had no debt. The university was not located in one of the big cities, but a smaller one of about 400,000 people where the cost of living was more affordable.

I have no idea what Jeremy's tuition payments are like, or indeed how they are able to afford to live in Los Angeles and drive a Lexus.  Something doesn't add up. 

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Medical school is only 4 years.  Yes, the graduates still have to do residencies and possibly fellowships when they are done but they get paid and have no tuition costs. 

My son finished his Master's Degree in Biomedical Science in 2 years.  Then he did a PhD in Biomedical Engineering which took him 4.5 years.  He was lucky to get into a program at a Canadian university and had no tuition payments and received a stipend, plus was paid as a TA.  He certainly did not have a ton of money but he also had no debt. The university was not located in one of the big cities, but a smaller one of about 400,000 people where the cost of living was more affordable.

I have no idea what Jeremy's tuition payments are like, or indeed how they are able to afford to live in Los Angeles and drive a Lexus.  Something doesn't add up. 

It seems like Jeremy has also managed to have no tuition and may be receiving a stipend and pay for a “job”. AND a rent-free home! All of that would help explain their lifestyle.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

I've heard they are getting a rent-free house and I bet they're playing the standard LA aspirational game of leasing a fancy upscale vehicle they could never easily afford to actually buy. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I've heard they are getting a rent-free house and I bet they're playing the standard LA aspirational game of leasing a fancy upscale vehicle they could never easily afford to actually buy. 

They're just burning through that book advance. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

He has no tuition payments. They have a big donor who gives a bunch of full scholarships. And there's no way Jer didn't get one. They go to MacArthur's special faves. ... and he has some kind of no-biggie-if-you-don't-show campus job, too.  

And their housing is free. Initially they lied and said it'd be free for a semester or thereabouts. But they're still in it. The house is owned by another big donor to MacArthur's church. He's a real-estate guy and I think he basically gives stuff to those who JM deems worthy, as his offering to the church. For some reason, JM seems to think Jer's super-worthy. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

He has no tuition payments. They have a big donor who gives a bunch of full scholarships. And there's no way Jer didn't get one. They go to MacArthur's special faves. ... and he has some kind of no-biggie-if-you-don't-show campus job, too.  

And their housing is free. Initially they lied and said it'd be free for a semester or thereabouts. But they're still in it. The house is owned by another big donor to MacArthur's church. He's a real-estate guy and I think he basically gives stuff to those who JM deems worthy, as his offering to the church. For some reason, JM seems to think Jer's super-worthy. 

I still can't figure out why JM thinks he's super-worthy. Jer's a lazy suck up who doesn't do anything and doesn't seem to have any skills. What does he bring to JM? It can't be his followers. Their Jinger's followers and they don't really seem to be bringing anyone into the fold. Surely there are other suck ups that actually have skills or more to offer JM then Jeremy. 

• Love 16
32 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I still can't figure out why JM thinks he's super-worthy. Jer's a lazy suck up who doesn't do anything and doesn't seem to have any skills. What does he bring to JM? It can't be his followers. Their Jinger's followers and they don't really seem to be bringing anyone into the fold. Surely there are other suck ups that actually have skills or more to offer JM then Jeremy. 

I think it may just be Jinger's followers. I doubt many celebrity A-listers are Fundy. D-list celeb Jing has 1.4 million followers. That many followers will bring about name recognition and maybe some young starry-eyed conservatives into the fold. We may not think Jer is cool, but teenagers of already conservative families might. 

I mean, when Kirk Cameron was out there marching for 'rights' in the earlier days of the pandemic, he had some crowds, and most under the age of 35 don't really who he is, but their parents do.

In the end in doesn't really matter because with this crowd they're almost always preaching to the choir and mostly only getting already Fundies to switch over to their church(es).

• Love 11
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I think it's the fact that he (together with Jinge) are the only students they have who've got over a million social-media followers (and out of a million-plus you at least have a shot of a few eyeballs that you wouldn't otherwise have had)... Plus, they've had TeeVee viewers and followers too, and can get their pics in tabloids. 

Very few seminary students have that! .... 

JM wants to be known as a national leader of his causes, like anti-masking and anti-social-justice crusades and that kind of thing. And he is, kind of. So he's in the market for anybody who has a shot at increasing his visibility. I think JM is looking for a big legacy before he croaks. 

The rest of the students are just nerdy current or aspiring pastors, of the variety who actually want to learn Hebrew and ancient Greek. They can't help him at all. 

The JM crowd have also been quite intrigued with Cade. For the same reason. At this point, I guess Cade's still looking to have a music career and/or direct Gabby's, so he's not on The Master's scene. But he's been courted and dined and coffeed by them as well, and if his current enterprises fail, I expect he'll happily jump on board with them with the same kind of deal Jer's got.

They're desperate to build visibility, especially with younger people. And it's uphill work with the young these days when you're super-homophobic and misogynistic and patriarchal and so on. 

They're going to give those scholarships to somebody. And it's gonna be somebody they think can help them in some way. The media/social-media aspects aren't a sure thing, of course. But it's likely they can't think of anything else that really has more of a shot (or even as much of a shot...) Between tv and phones, that's where people are today, and that's where everybody gets intrigued with things and finds out about things.....

.It's not like old man MacArthur would look for younger people with a slightly different slant on Christianity to help him create a better set of ideas and approaches for the current day. He knows he's right about everything he says. So the only way to collect more people is to have more people exposed to it, in his mind, I'm sure. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

Mac Center Podcast!!!

Illustration of how much JM craves being a 🌟CELEBRITY🌟

He and Jer are peas in a pod.....JM's writing his own hagiography and building shrines to himself these days.

This suggests to me that suckups are his favorite thing -- and it's possible he's never met such an ardent and sickening suck-sucky-upper as Jer. So that's why he's thrilled with it. (plus, maybe he's getting a little senile -- which could make him even more thrilled with nonstop phoney-baloney ass kissing)

WWJD? Not this, in my opinion. 

The MacArthur Center podcast!!!!  --    https://macarthurcenter.org/the-expositor/

Take a look. This is something people create in your name after you're dead. Not something you create for yourself. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it's the fact that he (together with Jinge) are the only students they have who've got over a million social-media followers (and out of a million-plus you at least have a shot of a few eyeballs that you wouldn't otherwise have had)... Plus, they've had TeeVee viewers and followers too, and can get their pics in tabloids. 

Very few seminary students have that! .... 

JM wants to be known as a national leader of his causes, like anti-masking and anti-social-justice crusades and that kind of thing. And he is, kind of. So he's in the market for anybody who has a shot at increasing his visibility. I think JM is looking for a big legacy before he croaks. 

The rest of the students are just nerdy current or aspiring pastors, of the variety who actually want to learn Hebrew and ancient Greek. They can't help him at all. 

The JM crowd have also been quite intrigued with Cade. For the same reason. At this point, I guess Cade's still looking to have a music career and/or direct Gabby's, so he's not on The Master's scene. But he's been courted and dined and coffeed by them as well, and if his current enterprises fail, I expect he'll happily jump on board with them with the same kind of deal Jer's got.

They're desperate to build visibility, especially with younger people. And it's uphill work with the young these days when you're super-homophobic and misogynistic and patriarchal and so on. 

They're going to give those scholarships to somebody. And it's gonna be somebody they think can help them in some way. The media/social-media aspects aren't a sure thing, of course. But it's likely they can't think of anything else that really has more of a shot (or even as much of a shot...) Between tv and phones, that's where people are today, and that's where everybody gets intrigued with things and finds out about things.....

.It's not like old man MacArthur would look for younger people with a slightly different slant on Christianity to help him create a better set of ideas and approaches for the current day. He knows he's right about everything he says. So the only way to collect more people is to have more people exposed to it, in his mind, I'm sure. 

But Jeremy has said nothing on SM to promote JM’s anti masking or anti social justice agendas. In fact, Jinjer are frequently pictured wearing masks.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

But Jeremy has said nothing on SM to promote JM’s anti masking or anti social justice agendas. In fact, Jinjer are frequently pictured wearing masks.

I think it's because he is a moral coward, and they know they will get flak for it, not because they are actually all that concerned about following guidelines. There were quite a few pictures of them not wearing masks and traveling, including at Mac Daddy's church--they just didn't advertise it themselves. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

They’re shown wearing masks out and about with “cool” people in LA, but not indoors in crowded places even during the height of the pandemic. Their masking views change depending on their company. 

• Love 16
Just now, SMama said:

Looks like she’s brewing at home. Fundies are weirdly fixated on coffee, Alyssa Bates is the same way.

I think it’s because they don’t drink alcohol. They can’t take pictures of themselves enjoying a beer or margarita with friends, so instead it’s coffee. 

• Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, Zella said:

The fundies I know who are fixated on coffee also thinks it gives them a personality. 🤷‍♀️

Didn't work with Mechelle and the Starbucks she mainlines. 😜

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Autocorrect spilt up mainline.
  • LOL 15
On 8/12/2021 at 12:36 PM, iwantcookies said:

Felicity will graduate elementary school before Datty gets a job as a pastor.

My bet is Felicity & Evangeline will both be shocked to learn as adults that their Datty was ever a preacher. I doubt Jeremy is going to fall face first into a mega church as the first or second pastor, which is what he thinks he deserves. Rather than going back to preaching at some tiny little church, I bet he goes for a professor position at Master's.

• Useful 5
  • Love 14
42 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My bet is Felicity & Evangeline will both be shocked to learn as adults that their Datty was ever a preacher. I doubt Jeremy is going to fall face first into a mega church as the first or second pastor, which is what he thinks he deserves. Rather than going back to preaching at some tiny little church, I bet he goes for a professor position at Master's.

Too lazy to look. Does anyone know if the Masters Seminary offers a doctorate? Because I doubt even a pet like Jer wouldn't be allowed to teach with just a master's and a couple years experience at a church plant.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Too lazy to look. Does anyone know if the Masters Seminary offers a doctorate? Because I doubt even a pet like Jer wouldn't be allowed to teach with just a master's and a couple years experience at a church plant.

(I cut and pasted the following text from the website, so the omission of a period at the end of the first sentence is authentic.) 

There are two programs for doctoral studies.

The Doctor of Ministry in Expository Preaching is a modular program designed to refine the faithful pastor’s ability to teach and preach the Word of God

36 credits

4 modular sessions & dissertation

3 years

For those called to professorship and theological writing, the Doctor of Philosophy program equips Pastor-Scholars for faithful scholarship in biblical and theological studies

2-4  years

24 units

$775  per unit  ($18,600 in tuition alone!)

Edited by Bridget
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1

Yes, they have two, Doctor of Ministry and a Doctor of Philosophy. That would allow Jeremy 4 more years of free classes, housing, and a job that he doesn't really have to show up for, before becoming a professor of something not that important but still gets him brownie points with Johnny Mac.

5 hours ago, SMama said:

Looks like she’s brewing at home. Fundies are weirdly fixated on coffee, Alyssa Bates is the same way.

When I was going to an evangelical church we would joke that coffee was the only drug Christians were allowed to drink.

20 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

My bet is Jeremy is really, really good at sucking up in person and since JM probably knows less about social media than the average extremely old preacher, Jeremy can cook the numbers in a way that highlights his worth.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

Could someone please explain “datty”? I’m really lost.

It is the way Jinger pronounced Daddy on a video or podcast.  She is trying to overcome the Arkansas accent.  Unlike Jessa.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, sheshark said:

It is the way Jinger pronounced Daddy on a video or podcast.  She is trying to overcome the Arkansas accent.  Unlike Jessa.

THANK YOU!

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

That's what I keep saying. He's living a double life. Having it both ways for both his audiences. But that doesn't mean that his media presence hasn't given more exposure to MacArthur. It has.

Just think of all the people on this site and other sites that discuss the Duggars, both positively and negatively, that never heard of MacArthur before Jer went there. And now they all know about him.........JM knows that not everybody's going to like him. But the more people who do know about him, the better the chance that at least a few of those people will be attracted to him........It's free advertising, no matter how you slice it. 

The anti-social-justice thing is more important to MacArthur than the Covid stuff. And where Covid is concerned he's a bit less agitated about masks than about social distancing. There have been photos of his church with a few people in masks but most not -- those people may have some kind of excuse, like a medical condition -- but everybody sitting packed close together. 

And there's been at least one picture of the Seminary with a seminarian or two with a mask hanging down from his ear.

But when it comes to the things that matter most to MacArthur about his beliefs he wouldn't keep Jer around, let alone make him a pet, if he weren't satisfied that Jer agreed with every single thing JM says. according to everything I've ever read or heard about MacArthur. There are stories about JM insisting that people who just work in the office or on the grounds at the Seminary or Grace church being pressured to go to MacArthur's church and his church only, even if there's another supposedly similar one near where they live. .... And there are many stories about his insistence that all his students and acolytes absolutely believe every detail of what he says. He does, after all, firmly believe (or say he does) that his expository-preacher status means that God speaks directly through him. So if you don't agree with him, then, in his view, you don't agree with God either. 

But I'm sure he's quite okay with hypocrisy -- as long as it gets him eyeballs. In that way, I expect he's like Jer, who clearly doesn't mind it!

• Useful 2
  • Love 7