Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm remembering the couple of (?) meetings between Jinge and Jana over the past few years and their pretending that they were friendly. And didn't it come across as completely awkward and done entirely for cameras? 

Now that I think about it, yes it definitely did. I recall a time when Michelle and JB were trying to market the girls as some type of fundie influencers. There were the hair tutorials and that terrible book. I seem to remember them sitting in a circle somewhere while other fundie girls sat around them asking questions about dating or something. That may have been a book promotion event. But the girls always seem like pod people attempting to mimic real human emotions and interactions. Even their most casual interactions seem performative. I know that’s because they’ve been forced to stifle their emotions and because they’ve grown up in front of cameras for most of their lives, so when they actually do show genuine emotion, it seems to be a guttural, anguished outpouring of suppressed grief. I’m thinking of Jinger during Jessa’s wedding, Jana recalling the jewelry box incident, and Jana seeing JD(?) for the first time after he completed Alert. There was another episode when Jinger dropped the little girls off at Jill’s house I think and it seemed like two strangers meeting.

I think of all the girls, Jingle probably would be the most adept at making friends outside of the cult. She herself said that she was more outgoing than the “bestie” during Ben’s proposal episode. It’s nice that she was able to move to a big city like she dreamed of. It’s just a shame that she had to get married to Jermy to do it. I hope at least one of the little girls is currently plotting their escape.

Edited by charmed1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Gothard strongly implies this procedure: Divide your kids and conquer. Let them unite and you the parent may be screwed. Seriously. 

Sick.

Given the insulated nature of this family, training the kids to NOT become close to each other is disgusting.  Eventually they will only have each other - JB and Meech won't be around forever.  Then what?  The Hunger Games - Fundie Edition?  

Not that there's going to be any big jackpot in JB's will or anything, but I can't fathom the idea of having a huge bunch of semi-literate spawn dorking around all over the place, unable to find real or meaningful work because they've all had any individuality driven from them from babyhood.  How will they know what they want to do if JimBlob isn't telling them what they want to do?

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
36 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Sick.

Given the insulated nature of this family, training the kids to NOT become close to each other is disgusting.  Eventually they will only have each other - JB and Meech won't be around forever.  Then what?  The Hunger Games - Fundie Edition?  

Not that there's going to be any big jackpot in JB's will or anything, but I can't fathom the idea of having a huge bunch of semi-literate spawn dorking around all over the place, unable to find real or meaningful work because they've all had any individuality driven from them from babyhood.  How will they know what they want to do if JimBlob isn't telling them what they want to do?

But then what would onlookers say -- perhaps that JB was the great brains and talent that made the family successful and they can't manage without him?   Seems entirely onbrand to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Sometimes one of the girls would refer to Meeechelle as her best friend. And I believe Michael Bates had Kelly Jo as her matron of honor at her wedding.

All the girls were all forced to say that Hairball was their best friend at one time or another.

Michael Bates and Kelly Jo are basically the same (frumpy) person. Ironic that Michael is the one without a million kids.

• Love 8

Ugh.  One of my high school classmates I am in contact with says her grown daughter is her "best friend".  I just don't get it.  As much as I loved Sweet Son, he was not my best friend.  Nor is his brother, nor is Mr lookeyloo.  My BFF knows who she is.  The Duggars "do things differently".

• Love 20
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

While I'm at it, his last IG story was a confounding mishmash of which pens and rulers are best for studying, a brief portion of his TikTok religion word salad diatribe, and a picture of Jinger playing Uno.  So based on that I would guess that Jeremy Vuolo is a card-playing religious jerk who likes to shop at Office Max for school supplies.

I believe you have summed him up perfectly.  Apparently, he has no self-awareness, only self-concern.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

I wonder if the Babes watch Ted Lasso…(which is an amazing A+ show, but definitely not fundy approved)  just so Homey can point out all the inaccuracies on the pitch. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I watched Jeremy's latest video on IG about how there are 4,200 religions but his is the only one that counts (from his sure to be a hit TikTok account).  While I could only stand his pontificating for a few seconds, I did spend a few enjoyable minutes in the comment section where he is getting skewered.  I'm stunned those posts are still there, but I'm sure in between Jere going out for a grass-fed omelette breakfast with his homies, a round of golf and a stop at the organic coffee shop, he'll find plenty of time to go on a delete/blocking spree.

While I'm at it, his last IG story was a confounding mishmash of which pens and rulers are best for studying, a brief portion of his TikTok religion word salad diatribe, and a picture of Jinger playing Uno.  So based on that I would guess that Jeremy Vuolo is a card-playing religious jerk who likes to shop at Office Max for school supplies.

Here's the link for anyone interested. Someone on another forum said he had to pay a pretty penny for the @religion tag.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Zella said:

"So, did you fellow kid homies know I played professional soccer back in the day?" ;) 

“However,  I have no idea how to explain a shootout.”

🤦‍♀️

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Here's the link for anyone interested. Someone on another forum said he had to pay a pretty penny for the @religion tag.

Wonder if MacArthur would let him expense that stuff. I think yes. I think they're still counting on him to bring them the young....unaccountably. 

He should go into sales. Awkward as his conversations, social media chats, sermons and suchlike sound, he must have a major gift of gab when it comes to talking some sucker into giving him something, is all I can figure. 

On the other hand, based on the talk of his I have heard, if he tried to sell me something, I'd back away quickly, gagging. The secret of his success utterly eludes me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
24 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

And, see, I am the one that can take a 5 minute situation and can turn it into a 20 minute story. But my friends know it and are amused. Or so I’m told… 😁

That is actually an entertaining and useful skill, separate from doing that when answering someone's question. 😄

• LOL 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, skatelady said:

"Attempting to explain a penalty shootout to a group of college kids, a Russian/Canadian Bible scholar, and @revaustintduncan. If I’m honest, I’m not sure it was a success."

Well, then, he must be absolutely idiotic at explaining.

Round. Thing. Goes. In. Net. Good guys try to do that, bad guys try to prevent that. The end.

It's not like he's trying to explain the off-side rule. Penalty shootouts are pretty much the same across sports. Everyone gets to go five times and who scores the most wins and if it's a draw we continue on until there's someone who misses. Not exactly rocket science. Not that I was expecting much from a guy that acts like he played for Barcelona but in reality played in Finland.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

probably explains why his soccer career didn't go very far. A goalkeeper that can't explain how shootouts work.....

I imagine his record in shootouts was very poor, and he's blacked out all memory of that part of the game. 😂

• LOL 14
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

He should go into sales. Awkward as his conversations, social media chats, sermons and suchlike sound, he must have a major gift of gab when it comes to talking some sucker into giving him something, is all I can figure.

Perfect qualifications to become a QVC host, selling crap to old ladies....and he'd still get to be on TV, and none of the other Duggs would. Win-win.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I imagine his record in shootouts was very poor, and he's blacked out all memory of that part of the game. 😂

And the game has probably blocked out all memory of him, too. 😈

• LOL 15
25 minutes ago, drafan said:

Perfect qualifications to become a QVC host, selling crap to old ladies....and he'd still get to be on TV, and none of the other Duggs would. Win-win.

Well if Jer keeps up his current regimen of burgers and ice cream, he could easily be the next David Venable. 

• LOL 16
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Well if Jer keeps up his current regimen of burgers and ice cream, he could easily be the next David Venable. 

Admission:  I watch shopping channels some.  And that, is hilarious!  I think I can see Jeremy doing that.

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, Trillium said:

I wonder if the Babes watch Ted Lasso…(which is an amazing A+ show, but definitely not fundy approved)  just so Homey can point out all the inaccuracies on the pitch. 

I skimmed through some of the comments and loved that RFP was appropriately told off about how stupid he is. Lots of "I don't understand why it's so hard to explain" and "My five year old understands. It's not that difficult to grasp." 

Also, he apparently does know who Ted Lasso is, which really did shock me.

@revaustintduncan     I thought it went well. I would consider it a tie.

@jeremy_vuolo      well done, sir, well done. Ted Lasso has done you much good 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

I like it!

They knew it'd get them attention, too.

She looks great...really brings out her beautiful blue eyes.

Now Jessa's gotta figure out how to get clicks...we all know she won't cut the hair shawl. Clicks = $$$. Cue a painful rendition of the 3 Seewald kids singing "Beneath the Cross of Jesus" to the new baby. Every verse.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2