Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t get why her hair wasn’t brushed

I'm sure they brushed her hair. As someone who had the same wispy, wavy hair as Felicity (and Ivy) as a kid, my hair looked just as disheveled most of the time. Unless their parents are literally going to brush their hair every five minutes (which seems unnecessary, just to please people on the internet), that's just the way that kind of hair goes. Add typical toddler behavior to the mix, and hair gets messy quickly.

Personally I still look like I don't brush my hair sometimes (I do, it's just very frizzy and I don't have the time, patience, or f-'s to give about a lengthy hair care routine). Oh well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

What’s up with that dress?… it looks like she has boobs on her back 🤔

It's about a half size up from her actual size.  Kids get into in-between sizes so there's a bit of gapping under the arms.  I think it's better than too small as Jessa does. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Totally said:

I would happy to never see a back of the head photo of their kid 

if you don’t want them on social media don’t put them on social media 😒

Amen!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Yes. It is fried. I myself just had to have about 4 inches cut and dyed a darker color! Even though I deep conditioned weekly, I wasn’t satisfied. That last few inches was just lifeless. Jinger needs to cut her hair. I got a long blunt cut bob with a darker base and a balayage. I love it! It’s so much easier to maintain too!

• Love 11
(edited)
13 hours ago, Totally said:

I would happy to never see a back of the head photo of their kid 

if you don’t want them on social media don’t put them on social media 😒

THIS! THIS! For God’s sake… THIS!!! ^^^^ 

Keep your kids off social media! If you want to be on SM, go for it. But don’t do this stupid “hiding your kids’ faces” thing that you think is so cute. Stop it. Just stop it.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
(edited)
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

302EBE7E-0E58-4A6D-AE94-A93E61BC2B50.jpeg

C721565C-B389-4149-A256-BD844A9AD34C.jpeg

6F15D57E-AB2C-4B60-9569-0F07F4F42BAB.jpeg

3AE61627-4E17-4776-B586-46C4334EC0BB.jpeg

Well at least we know that the cake is for a girl.  If you look really closely at the cake it has a gold hair bow on it  😆

Edited by Rabbittron
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

My daughter does incredible cake and cookie designs, and I think Felicity's cake is hideous. My first thought was "Surely Jeremy didn't settle for a supermarket cake ... or did he?" Am I the only one? Mileage varies, obviously. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1 hour ago, Portia said:

My daughter does incredible cake and cookie designs, and I think Felicity's cake is hideous. My first thought was "Surely Jeremy didn't settle for a supermarket cake ... or did he?" Am I the only one? Mileage varies, obviously. 

I’m thinking the grandparents bought the cake. For a 3 year old it’s fine. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I wonder if Jeremy ever gets photographed by the paps when he’s alone, like Jinger did here. 

No, but Jer called the paps to get that shot of Jinger leaving the supermarket.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

It looks like the unicorn 🦄 is enjoying the enema. 

The unicorn's smile looks more genuine than poor Jinger's! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Well at least we know that the cake is for a girl.  If you look really closely at the cake it has a gold hair bow on it  😆

That's not a bow; those are the ears.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No, but Jer called the paps to get that shot of Jinger leaving the supermarket.

How else would they have known it was her? With the mask on she looks like almost every other young woman with similar coloring. 

• Love 15
(edited)
13 minutes ago, zenme said:

Yes. I’m sure no one’s saying, “Oh my gosh! Is that Jinger, author of ‘The Hope We Hold?’ Aaaaah! Take a picture! Quick!!”

I have a feeling I know what many are thinking, and Jinjer won’t like it. Such is the route they’ve chosen.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, zenme said:

Yes. I’m sure no one’s saying, “Oh my gosh! Is that Jinger, author of ‘The Hope We Hold?’ Aaaaah! Take a picture! Quick!!”

No but you know Jeremy's praying to get noticed the hottest, coolest and most famous guy in the world on the level of a rock star screaming when they see him, women throwing themselves at him and everyone hanging on every word he says. But instead most people don't even know who he is and those that do recognize him as Jinger's husband. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

No but you know Jeremy's praying to get noticed the hottest, coolest and most famous guy in the world on the level of a rock star screaming when they see him, women throwing themselves at him and everyone hanging on every word he says. But instead most people don't even know who he is and those that do recognize him as Jinger's husband. 

And they recognize her as one of the Duggars. . . .

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Portia said:

I think it's ugly too and doesn't look like a child's cake either. The horn -- yikes!

• Love 6

Jinger tries so hard to be cool and stylish. That is a cute cake for a tweener or a teenager.  Not a 3 year old, but the Duggars don’t know about whimsy or even fun. They have never exuded that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, zenme said:

Jinger tries so hard to be cool and stylish. That is a cute cake for a tweener or a teenager.  Not a 3 year old, but the Duggars don’t know about whimsy or even fun. They have never exuded that. 

They also never stopped by the bakery department of a grocery store? There's always different cakes, some cutely decorated for kids, and book full of designs to chose from. My brother and I used to always do that as a kid. Even as an adult its still fun to see what designs they have this week.

• Love 5
(edited)

Jeremy linked a podcast from the MacArthur Center about “cool” pastors and preachersnsneakers - so I had to listen. The episode was an indictment of prosperity gospel and pastors who spend extravagant amounts of money on shoes and fashion. It said such preachers are self-obsessed and appeal to self-obsessed congregations. 

I can’t figure out how JereME fits in with this MacArthur group when he seemingly places importance on expensive “style.”

In the credits at the end, Jeremy is named as a producer- and they call him fashionable! Or something like that.

They say his last name as Vu-o-lo. I’d been thinking it was pronounced Vwolo (wrong!)

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

In the credits at the end, Jeremy is named as a producer- and they call him fashionable! Or something like that.

That sounds like a really backhanded compliment, given the subject matter. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

It seems to me, Fundies would not have much of a religion if the world was "perfect". What would they ever preach about? How would they come up with all these 'prolific' quotes?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I thought the quote was Grief is the price we pay for love, I’ve never heard the rest of it especially what Jeremy quoted. 
So I googled it and I got this:

Dr Colin Murray Parkes , a psychiatrist at St.Christopher’s Hospice and a pioneer in this field. The full quote can be found in his book, Bereavement: Studies of Grief in Adult Life: 
“The pain of grief is just as much part of life as the joy of love:it is perhaps the price we pay for love, the cost of commitment. To ignore this fact, or to pretend that it is not so, is to put on emotional blinkers which leave us unprepared for the losses that will inevitably occur in our own lives and unprepared to help others cope with losses in theirs.”

Nothing to do with a fallen world Jeremy, I guess Dr T David Gordon saw this quote and put a religious spin on it. 

• Useful 12
  • Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I can’t figure out how JereME fits in with this MacArthur group when he seemingly places importance on expensive “style.”

Good point. It kind of seems to me that that whole thing is ironic, though, not just the Jer part. As far as I can tell, MacArthur himself has always loved to flash expensive clothes and style. I'm sure that's one of the reasons Jer was attracted to him and not to some other equally Calvinist church. It's just that MacArthur's style is conservative and old school. very expensive sleek dark suits....to look like a shark or something. 😁 When he bashes the prosperity gospel and athletic shoes, my sense is that it's more a racist dogwhistle than anything else. You shouldn't throw your elite Christian pearls to those people because they aren't worth it. And you shouldn't mimic their style! -- What are you thinking! (although that style-mimicking part is a a harder case to make to a younger generation -- so I wonder if Jer's part isn't an attempt to bridge the argument gap there.....And, yeah, I know one Master's alum has allied himself with Kanye -- but it's Kanye in his self-hating form that he's linked to, if you ask me....)

Anyway, MacArthur's schtick has always been that the MacArthur types are the true heirs of the great American Puritan Calvinist tradition. The heirs and leaders of this country! And it is about wealth -- it's just about money in what they consider a more proper garb. While those prosperity gospel people are,....well, we won't say the word but,,,you know.

I'm sure MacArthur, like everybody else, is having trouble selling his conservative church message to many young people. And Jer -- who kind of duplicitously straddles the line, style-wise -- is part of his attempt to do that. After all, Jer proudly signed the social-justice letter, front and center, so he's just as racist as MacArthur's other old farts. And while there are Black grads of the Master's seminary, that group includes many of JM's biggest critics because of what they (sometimes belatedly) see as a quite racist (as well as super-sexist, of course) enterprise. 

Jer may seem to them to have (sometimes) a young-appearing style and some credentials like a level of pop media fame. But at the same time he signs up enthusiastically for all their belief statements and also goes through weeks where he wears fashionable-grandpa clothes......So I expect somebody figures that he might be part of winning over the new generation to grandpa MacArthur's ways.....And I'm sure Jer has gone out of his oily way to depict himself this way and squirm into the organization selling an alleged ability to do that.....

Because like many others they're surely desperate to bring in younger people, they may well keep him on trying that, I expect. Not a lot of really smart young men are interested in playing that role, I'd imagine. The open misogyny and homophobia along with the on-the-down-low racism definitely will turn off more of the under-35 crowd than they do older people, once they notice them. And many of the smarter guys in Jer's age group probably see it as both a losing battle and also simply wrong. So Jer may not have many actual rivals for his spot. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 7/17/2021 at 4:16 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

So, Jer will be done with seminary in Spring '22. They said they don't have plans beyond that. Really? 

In the meantime, those clowns found TikTok. Only a year late. 😂

Actually, Jinger had made an account earlier this year (although it appears she has since deleted it).

On 7/17/2021 at 5:04 PM, Zella said:

Wasn't Jinger on Tik Tok a few months ago and then stopped posting after she got relentlessly skewered in the comments? I don't use Tik Tok, but I remember someone posting about it on here at the time? 

That is correct. She made an account back in late January/early February of this year, however she apparently had only ever posted one video and like you said, got skewered in the comments.

(Some of the comments left on her video were pretty funny in a ''trolling but polite'' way, like asking Jinger to do the ''buss it'' challenge lmao. Gotta love Gen Z for that, trolling like that is an art IMO.)

Anyway, apparently she has since then deleted her account altogether (not sure how recent that is, however). I don't have a TikTok account, but I was still able to browse TikTok's website and search for Jeremy's account there (@jeremyvuolo), and I did find it.

Jinger's account (@jingervuolo) did not show up in the search results when I looked it up though, so it does seem like it's indeed gone.

I'm not too sure, but it seems like Jeremy and/or Jinger might have also started an additional account there.

Anyway, another random attempt at trying to be relevant for these two... You would have thought they would have learned from Jinger's failed TikTok venture, but I guess they're desperate for attention.

Since I don't have an account, I can't see the comments on Jeremy's TikTok video, but apparently they have been deleting negative ones... Guess that might keep them busy for a while (unless they switch to disabling comments) because TikTok is Gen Z's playing field and they will be relentless if they choose to.

I imagine this TikTok 2.0 attempt will be another failed venture – they will try for a bit, get fed up and then move on to the next shiny thing. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Edited by Pinke
  • Useful 13
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

For people without jobs they spend an awful lot of time at the ball park. 

They spend a lot of time doing everything but working and taking care of their kids. They must have a shit ton of lonely old ladies at their church to get this much free childcare 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

They spend a lot of time doing everything but working and taking care of their kids. They must have a shit ton of lonely old ladies at their church to get this much free childcare 

Yeah, this isn't just an hour out to dinner. This is a 3-3 1/2 hour ballgame, plus travel time to Dodger Stadium. 

• Love 16

Wow I was excited that Felicity had a normal, child appropriate birthday celebration. I think Jinger's kids and Jill's kids are the only ones that will have anywhere near to a normal childhood. 

• Love 21

I was reading a cooking blog today that made me think of the Vuolos, mainly because it made how they claim to be protecting Felicity's privacy while still posting obscured teasers of her look so stupid. 

The blogger never mentions her kids' names or posts their pictures. She mentions them in her posts quite frequently, but it's never shoehorned in and is always relevant to the post. (So, she mentions that she fixes things a certain way because her kids prefer it that way or that she likes making certain recipes with her kids or that specific recipes are favorites for birthdays.) I've never seen the blogger make any comment one way or another about respecting her children's privacy, but she does it without grandstanding. 

Of course, their biggest problem is that they don't have actual content to post, and I suspect they may sort of be realizing that, so we get the scattered, meandering trainwreck that is their social media presence instead. 

• Love 23