Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

Hey Jinger,  bin there, done that. And I'll tell ya how the 'dates' went. Well my ice cream melted during the walk in 90° weather. Went through McDonald's drive through, some McMoron screwed up our order which set a bad mood for the long drive. Which by the way, made it seem even longer! Tried to stargazer but got eaten alive by mosquitos.  Our picnic went well until all the bugs in a 20 feet radius attacked, and I'm positive some were from the star gazing night. The coffee shop was a dive and the drinks sucked. Didn't go to a hobby store, but to Canadian Tire to get materials to fix the plumbing. Does that count? We still did it together. And we did pick out some new plant additions to our home, but not from a nursery! 

I’ve gone to the hospital while one bf had tests done, and accompanied another to Walgreens to pick up his meds. Did those count as “dates?”

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Did JB and Michelle go on and on about their “date nights” or is this new to the younger generation? And if so, why?

Oh, yeah. Date nights. Explanations of how date nights are the way you create the perfect marriage and perfect family. Date night recommendations. Giggling accounts of double and quadruple date nights with their married and/or engaged children.....etc. 

Jinge, in typical Duggar fashion, has fallen quite near the tree. .... They never try to learn anything new. So virtually everything they spout is something that spurted out of mommy and daddy long ago......and over and over .....

I also wonder....Do Duggars imagine that it never occurs to anyone else to go out for ice cream, for example? Cause they have quite the little habit of presenting stuff like that as fun new ideas for everyone to try. 

Although I suppose that's based on a) lazymindedness and b) figuring everybody else is as dumb as they are.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I also wonder....Do Duggars imagine that it never occurs to anyone else to go out for ice cream, for example? Cause they have quite the little habit of presenting stuff like that as fun new ideas for everyone to try.

our grown children, their friends, co workers, neighbors and our nieces and nephews all around Jing and Jers age post date night crap all the time. Jing and Jer are on trend I think, but are way late, as usual. I have been seeing "date night" posts for years and many are hilarious. Laundromat date night is good, but taking trash/furniture to the landfill for date night is my all time favorite date night post.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m cheap. I rather eat my $3 ice cream at home in stretchy pants and no one watching me/judging me. 

Well, then sorry. You don’t love your spouse and your marriage is in trouble. You don’t hold hope. 🙄

6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Late to the posts re: those twins above the picture of Jinger. Who are they? 

From the movie The Shining.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 8/1/2021 at 10:30 PM, zenme said:

Damn. Just when I was so happy for Jinger’s new look, she has to go and dorkify herself up. 🥴

And of course she is posed beside the huge cross. Oh wait it's a power pole. Coincidence   I think not.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

32 minutes ago, zenme said:

Well, then sorry. You don’t love your spouse and your marriage is in trouble. You don’t hold hope. 🙄

From the movie The Shining.

Creepy dead twins who were part of a ghost crew haunting a creepy resort.  I love that book and Kubrick movie.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I recommend the movie. (the shining) I watched it during the lockdown. Now I get where the saying 

Here’s Johnny! 
comes from

Jack Nicholson was really handsome 😛back in the day

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I recommend the movie. (the shining) I watched it during the lockdown. Now I get where the saying 

Here’s Johnny! 
comes from

Jack Nicholson was really handsome 😛back in the day

'Here's Johnny' actually originated on the Tonight Show back in the 60's. It was the phrase used by announcer Ed McMahon every night when introducing host Johnny Carson.  The Shining borrowed the phrase from the show.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

our grown children, their friends, co workers, neighbors and our nieces and nephews all around Jing and Jers age post date night crap all the time. Jing and Jer are on trend I think, but are way late, as usual. I have been seeing "date night" posts for years and many are hilarious. Laundromat date night is good, but taking trash/furniture to the landfill for date night is my all time favorite date night post.

I helped a bf take a carload of trash to the recycling center! I didn’t realize that was a date that I should’ve memorialized!

2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Creepy dead twins who were part of a ghost crew haunting a creepy resort.  I love that book and Kubrick movie.

I’ve seen this picture of Jinger next to those twins all over Reddit and FB, so we’re not the only ones who noticed the resemblance! 😆

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm confused - when they constantly goes out for food, ice cream, shopping, baseball games, airplane flights to wherever, and get-togethers with randos that we're supposed to be impressed with, how to they differentiate "date night" from all of that other stuff?  Aren't their lives one long perpetual "date night?"  I'd venture a guess that most of us can't afford the time or money to do all of the stuff the Vuolos do on a weekly basis...of course, most of us have these silly jobs we have to go to, and pesky bills we have to pay.  I supposed if we were all being underhandedly funded by some rich preacher guy and doing absolutely nothing in return, we'd all have time for "date night" too!

TL;DR - shut up, Jinger.  You too, JereMe.

It seems once they have children being without them makes it date night. Except for the Dillards “progressive date.” I have no idea what the difference is pre child(ren).

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SMama said:

It seems once they have children being without them makes it date night. Except for the Dillards “progressive date.” I have no idea what the difference is pre child(ren).

Good question about the pre-child date nights.....

in the Dugg world, people may not even remember those exist. Because if the correct Jesus loves you enough you'll only have a period of less than a year to have those --- but close to half a century non-stop when you'll have minor -- or at least not-yet-married -- children in the house.....😁

Edited by Churchhoney
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Are the Vuolos in NM or did Jeremy leave Jinger and the girls home? Why is he wearing a hoodie? Can’t be that cold.

I would be shocked if he went to NM without Jingle. I can see them dumping the faceless props off somewhere and hightailing it outta there. Isn't it time for a date or a vacation or something?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, SMama said:

Are the Vuolos in NM or did Jeremy leave Jinger and the girls home? Why is he wearing a hoodie? Can’t be that cold.

My friend was in Northern NM last weekend. It was sleeting.

• Useful 3
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm confused - when they constantly goes out for food, ice cream, shopping, baseball games, airplane flights to wherever, and get-togethers with randos that we're supposed to be impressed with, how to they differentiate "date night" from all of that other stuff?  Aren't their lives one long perpetual "date night?"  I'd venture a guess that most of us can't afford the time or money to do all of the stuff the Vuolos do on a weekly basis...of course, most of us have these silly jobs we have to go to, and pesky bills we have to pay.  I supposed if we were all being underhandedly funded by some rich preacher guy and doing absolutely nothing in return, we'd all have time for "date night" too!

TL;DR - shut up, Jinger.  You too, JereMe.

We’re all doing most of the same random, dull life stuff, but don’t feel the need to share it all with strangers. 😆 but remember, Jinger hates being in the public eye!

1 hour ago, SMama said:

Is Jinger even capable of being home alone?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Jeremy is lecturing about being an athlete....jeez, Jere, hang up the cleats already, it's over, homeslice.  Why not enthrall your 15 attendees on something you're more up to date on, like choosing the correct organic toppings for a scoop of vegan ice cream, or the proper amount of sriracha to snort when you lose a game of Uno to your wife?

His sermon looks boring just from the photos.

Nope...JereMe is lecturing about being a Christian athlete, along the lines of Tim Tebow.  In fact, he has the same beard and similar hair as Tim Tebow.  He also is willing to be a Brand Ambassador like Tim.  He doesn't have a website though...or as successful (?) a sports career.

Edited by riverblue22
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

Nope...JereMe is lecturing about being a Christian athlete, along the lines of Tim Tebow.  In fact, he has the same beard and similar hair as Tim Tebow.  He also is willing to be a Brand Ambassador like Tim.  He doesn't have a website though...or as successful (?) a sports career.

What would Jeremy know about being a Christian athlete? I thought he said that he had too leave his soccer career because Jesus was calling him to be a pastor?  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

What would Jeremy know about being a Christian athlete? I thought he said that he had too leave his soccer career because Jesus was calling him to be a pastor?  

Well, in the interviews I've read with him from his soccer-playing years, he repeatedly talked about how he was a Christian athlete and how he wanted to be and would be a more and more influential Christian athlete as time went on. The idea of being able to influence his fans in big ways about morality and faith and such was very much on his mind. And at that time he seemed to think God was calling him to exert his influence as a famous athlete, at least for some time. 

And it also seemed pretty clear that, while he may have thought he'd be a pastor after he retired from soccer, during his playing days he intended to go on playing for some time.

It was the fact that he got cut by the Bulls and then didn't seem able to get off the bench in San Antonio that made him decide he'd go for the pastor thing immediately, though, I think. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, in the interviews I've read with him from his soccer-playing years, he repeatedly talked about how he was a Christian athlete and how he wanted to be and would be a more and more influential Christian athlete as time went on. The idea of being able to influence his fans in big ways about morality and faith and such was very much on his mind. And at that time he seemed to think God was calling him to exert his influence as a famous athlete, at least for some time. 

And it also seemed pretty clear that, while he may have thought he'd be a pastor after he retired from soccer, during his playing days he intended to go on playing for some time.

It was the fact that he got cut by the Bulls and then didn't seem able to get off the bench in San Antonio that made him decide he'd go for the pastor thing immediately, though, I think. 

Maybe he aimed to be a Christian athlete, ala Tim Tebow 2.0… but he failed miserably at the “athlete” part? So he dove into the pastor part? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Maybe he aimed to be a Christian athlete, ala Tim Tebow 2.0… but he failed miserably at the “athlete” part? So he dove into the pastor part? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yep, I think that was it. ....

Although he may have thought all along about being a pastor when he got to be an old guy. after his playing days were really really over. Cade has said that that's his life plan -- and he and Jer have talked about how they had similar lifetime aspirations.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Didn’t Jeremy say he went through a “rebellious” period when he was doing really bad things like drinking’ and cussin’?

Yeah, he left homeschooling and went to some actual school for a year or two, to boost his chances at an athletic scholarship, I think.

He's said that that time in a school utterly corrupted him and turned him into big sinner until he somehow got himself right again. I haven't ever heard how long the high-school-induced sin era lasted, though. Don't know if he's said. 

At some point while he was in Laredo, he was vigorously blaming schools generally for turning most youth into ungodly sinners. I think he may have been talking in conjunction with some group that was creating all-homeschool sports teams or something like that, so what he said there was probably sort of a commercial. But he's also at other times mentioned the terrible influence on him of going briefly to a school. (I don't know if he went to a public school or a private one. My sense is it was probably public, but I don't know)> 

I think there was probably more than one period when he was doing this sinner stuff.....maybe some in college and then later during one of his pro-soccer stints? There was a drunk and in jail incident somewhere, I think? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, he left homeschooling and went to some actual school for a year or two, to boost his chances at an athletic scholarship, I think.

He's said that that time in a school utterly corrupted him and turned him into big sinner until he somehow got himself right again. I haven't ever heard how long the high-school-induced sin era lasted, though. Don't know if he's said. 

At some point while he was in Laredo, he was vigorously blaming schools generally for turning most youth into ungodly sinners. I think he may have been talking in conjunction with some group that was creating all-homeschool sports teams or something like that, so what he said there was probably sort of a commercial. But he's also at other times mentioned the terrible influence on him of going briefly to a school. (I don't know if he went to a public school or a private one. My sense is it was probably public, but I don't know)> 

Thank you-I wasn’t sure what he was alluding to. 

• Love 1

I totally believe at some point Jeremy is gonna cheat. I think he married her because she was a young, compliant, virgin who checked off all the boxes and was not a total troll. Cute enough. He had his crazy college athlete days, and has probably many sexual encounters. He’s gonna hook up with someone considered hot. If he thinks he can get away with it, he will. And Jinger will let him get away with it. She’ll never leave him. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, zenme said:

I totally believe at some point Jeremy is gonna cheat. I think he married her because she was a young, compliant, virgin who checked off all the boxes and was not a total troll - and was featured on long-running a cable TV show and had a million+ followers on social media. 

I think that part I added there ^^ is worth mentioning. I doubt he would have looked at her twice if she hadn't been Jinger DUGGAR, a star of a CABLE TV SHOW. 

Just saying.

• Love 21

This is probably a stupid question, but how much of an athlete was Jeremy?  Wasn't he a goalie?  Not that they don't have to be in shape, but they're not running up and down the field for 60 minutes, either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Quilt Fairy said:

This is probably a stupid question, but how much of an athlete was Jeremy?  Wasn't he a goalie?  Not that they don't have to be in shape, but they're not running up and down the field for 60 minutes, either. 

Who knows? When I was in college, even the homeliest of athletes had chicks banging on the door. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, zenme said:

I totally believe at some point Jeremy is gonna cheat. 

I can totally see Jeremy cheating with some rich WAG, similar to the Pastor who had an affair with the former Cubs player's wife. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jer's "rebellion" lasted into college. That's when he put his hands on a cop and got thrown into the drunk tank. I believe he was scared straight after that.

Yeah, my sense was that it may not have actually started till he got into college....but I don't know whether that was true or not.

During his brief stint at the high school he was still living at home...and I somehow got the sense that he talks about having been corrupted there but didn't necessarily act much on his newfound devilishness during that period but just waited until actual opportunities presented themselves -- which they did by the next fall when he was at college....

Maybe I just think this because I kind of think the 'high school corrupted me" thing is just bullshit he made up later because it suited the super=Christian-pastor narrative he figured he should have. .....!

Also, though, it seems to me that if he became a delinquent when he was living at home, the story would have more to say about getting into a battle with his parents over it. But I've never heard anything like that...

My actual interpretation of the whole thing is that nothing in particular changed for or in him when he was at the high school for a year or two. But then he went away to college and, hey, there were all these new opportunities to do all sorts of devilish things and literally everybody else was doing them. So he just acted like a college kid....And at the time he wasn't thinking about it at all as some big adventure with the devil. 

Then, later, when he was coming up with his stories about his faith journey or whatever, he decided that he could use his typical college behavior as his horrible fall into sin. And then he also saw a way to include promotion for super-fundie homeschooling in his story by adding in crap about how the devil got him in high school and started him down a horrible path for years and years and years. So homeschool homeschool homeschool or you'll lose your children to Satan! 

I think it's all a knitted together after the fact fiction, in other words. 

• Love 10