Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Have they ever been shown, even once, donating their time and/or money to the needy of LA? Because they are many of those! Just once or twice would change their whole image.

It's not just selfishness and laziness (although that's a big part of it) that keeps them from giving. The warped religion taught by "leaders" like Gothard and MacArthur actively prohibits it. If you give of your time and money to the community at large, how do you know that your help isn't being given to the wrong kind of people: atheists, Catholics, homosexuals and other undeserving sinners? And if you see a stranger suffering, how do you know that they don't deserve their fate? Maybe they're being punished for their sins and by helping them, you'd be interfering with God's plan. 

To these "Christians", the only approved form of outreach is missionary work: handing out Bibles and tracts and preaching about Jesus. But, unlike Jill Rod (who loves to accost strangers in parking lots and public spaces), the Duggars don't really go in for that sort of thing, preferring easier, safer efforts like their nail polish-and-lollipop "missioncations".

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

It's obvious they dont really want to work, so they are all over social media trying to make money. So, Jinger is giving up privacy so they dont need to get jobs.

True, true, and true. Well said. They have no interest at all in working.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zenme said:

Her hair is starting to look like straw. 

Starting to?

38 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

It's not just selfishness and laziness (although that's a big part of it) that keeps them from giving. The warped religion taught by "leaders" like Gothard and MacArthur actively prohibits it. If you give of your time and money to the community at large, how do you know that your help isn't being given to the wrong kind of people: atheists, Catholics, homosexuals and other undeserving sinners? And if you see a stranger suffering, how do you know that they don't deserve their fate? Maybe they're being punished for their sins and by helping them, you'd be interfering with God's plan. 

To these "Christians", the only approved form of outreach is missionary work: handing out Bibles and tracts and preaching about Jesus. But, unlike Jill Rod (who loves to accost strangers in parking lots and public spaces), the Duggars don't really go in for that sort of thing, preferring easier, safer efforts like their nail polish-and-lollipop "missioncations".

They could go try to convert all the heathens in LA. What about those “servants’ hearts” they’re also talking about?

39 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Didn’t Jinger once mention trying to convert other passengers on flights?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Felicity's outfit in the last picture looks self-selected. That dress is a Disney princess dress-up item (my niece has one) and that hat was probably plucked out of the closet. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Tasya said:

Felicity's outfit in the last picture looks self-selected. That dress is a Disney princess dress-up item (my niece has one) and that hat was probably plucked out of the closet. 

Yeah, that outfit screams Felicity dressed herself.   A rather normal occurrence with toddlers. 

• Love 9

At least they are allowing  her to make some decisions that are age appropriate.  When I was teaching Kindergarten, I once had a little girl show up to school in a spaghetti-strap dress in the middle of winter.  Her mother had pinned a note on her to let me know that this outfit was the child's decision, and that she knew it it was not weather appropriate.  Kids need to be allowed to make some choices and develop personality.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

At least they are allowing  her to make some decisions that are age appropriate.  When I was teaching Kindergarten, I once had a little girl show up to school in a spaghetti-strap dress in the middle of winter.  Her mother had pinned a note on her to let me know that this outfit was the child's decision, and that she knew it it was not weather appropriate.  Kids need to be allowed to make some choices and develop personality.

And sometimes it’s easier to let the child wear what she wants to wear, no matter how inappropriate, rather than deal with the meltdown that can happen if they don’t get their way.  Sometimes you just have to pick your battles, especially with a 2 or 3-year-old.

I wonder if the Vuolo’s use spanking as a form of discipline?  I feel sure that they don’t use blanket training, but I’m unsure about spanking.  I think Felicity is very spoiled.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

We have no evidence that  Felicity had a meltdown, or that she is spoiled.  We actually don't know very much about her at all.

True. And they were home in that picture, a place where Felicity probably spends most of her time. She could have been playing dress-up 5 minutes before that picture was taken.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I assumed Jing and Jer stuck the hat on Felicity for the photo, to hide her face, and keep the “mystery” going

I think it could go either way -- her choice while playing or "Here, honey, try on this hat, too! (It'll hide your face like the umbrella did!)" (or a combination of both...)

• Love 7
22 hours ago, floridamom said:

Yeah, Jinger we all cook with a large brimmed sun hat on when we're inside. I wish they would quit with those silly photos of Felicity.

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it could go either way -- her choice while playing or "Here, honey, try on this hat, too! (It'll hide your face like the umbrella did!)" (or a combination of both...)

Could be, or sometimes kids are weird. I was always the kid with a baseball hat crammed on my head from a young age. It drove my mother NUTS and she made me remove it for mealtimes, but I could also see felicity being all excited about a new hat and just refusing to give it up. 

It's a picture from the back, so you can't really see her face anyway, which makes me think it's a kid thing. 

• Love 4
On 7/17/2021 at 10:43 AM, JoanArc said:

Reddit Posted a quick clip from the video where Jeremy is reading a comment  about their highly polished fake responses. It was hilarious. He actually says the words BS! 

And because I’m a terrible horrible snarky person, he’s aged about 20 years in the past month. 

That clip was pretty funny indeed. For those who haven't seen it: he does say the word ''BS'', but it's from that comment he was reading.

Here's the link to that Reddit post, in case anyone's curious.

(Side note: I really wish people there made posts with clear titles that include the names of whoever they're talking about – would make it much easier to search for posts. Drives me nuts. Anyway, I then remembered you can filter posts by flair, but there's been a bug with that feature on the Reddit website lately and so even that didn't work LOL. Oh well.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Jeremy finds this new and profound?! 

He forgot to mention that he believes that only men can teach it.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 18

Proverbs 24:16

New International Version

16 for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again,
    but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.

I am not sure what to make of this as a Jer post. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Proverbs 24:16

New International Version

16 for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again,
    but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.

I am not sure what to make of this as a Jer post. 

I am not sure what to make of it as a hamburger container. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

My cousin FaceTimed me from a beach in South Carolina, absolutely cackling at a couple running around taking pics for what I’m guessing was social media. The girl would put on a new wig, and run in the waves pretending to have fun while the guy was snapping pics. Then they’d switch. Then new costume/hair change.  This is how I imagine Babe and Babe. 

This is my thought as well. I'm definitely guilty of asking my parents to take a photo of me on vacation to post on Insta, but I can't imagine asking them to either take a whole photo shoot at a mini golf place or wait while I set up a tripod to do it myself. I know their Insta is their income at this point, but it's still hilarious and weird and awkward to me.

• Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

So is Jeremy just on perpetual vacation?  

I think that might be what happens when you somehow suck up to some educational-institution head enough to get them to grant you a free degree you know you'll be awarded no matter what at the end of the allotted time. 

I mean, if you don't deeply care about the subject you're supposedly studying -- and I firmly believe the evidence suggests Jeremy doesn't have a single really thoughtful, curious brain cell in his whole head -- why would you work hard at studies when there seems to be no negative consequence at all for just fooling around all the time instead? 

"Fake it till you make it and after that just keep faking it" seems to have worked brilliantly for him so far. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

What’s up with that dress?… it looks like she has boobs on her back 🤔

I think the dress is just a tad big in the bodice. If Felicity was an inch taller the fabric wouldnt bunch.

• Love 5