Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Are we supposed to know who the guy with the bad taste in shirts is? I mean I'm sure Jer wanted us to be in awe.

What the hell is the print on his shirt?  I hope it's not what it looks like...

• LOL 7
(edited)
26 minutes ago, zenme said:

Who is this legend? My guess: the mysterious DB Cooper.

My guess is he's a social-media ploy designed to show that Jer -- who's so hip to this star that he doesn't even need to mention his name -- is way way cooler than the rest of us, who -- gasp, what fools we are! -- don't even recognize him! 

Take that, critics. Jer is too a breakout star. 

(...and, tv networks who are listening, look who Jer can bring onto the new reality show you're going to give him! Right? Right? Right!!!!) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

My guess is he's a social-media ploy designed to show that Jer -- who's so hip to this star that he doesn't even need to mention his name -- is way way cooler than the rest of us, who -- gasp, what fools we are! -- don't even recognize him! 

(...and, tv networks who are listening, look who Jer can bring onto the new reality show you're going to give him! Right? Right? Right!!!!) 

Thanks for the laugh! Maybe it’s just a random guy who bought mr Hoover a coffee. 

• LOL 5
38 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Thanks for the laugh! Maybe it’s just a random guy who bought mr Hoover a coffee. 

😹or a “legend” who purchased the one and only sold copy of The Held Hope.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

OK, I found this:  
image.thumb.png.8fc0bbf75c7dbb28deda72e3a7f0494f.png

Then I looked again and found a Dr. Lieberman in LA (hip and knee orthopedic surgeon) but from the video I saw, they are not the same guy. Guess what Jerm, I searched because I was curious, but I feel like I just wasted five minutes of my life that I will never get back.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I googled Jay Lieberman pastor and found him. He seems to like patterned shirts. I'm not going to listen to the video, but apparently he spent 41 days in a coma and work up and found Jesus. 

He was in coma due to covid.  

• Useful 7
(edited)

This video was made yesterday.

"Jay Lieberman at a men's breakfast with 45 attending in Ontario, California July 10th, 2021 shares his Incredible journey after being put in self induced a coma for 41 days & surviving covid after being in a hospital 87 days & rehabbed back to health."

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This video was made yesterday.

"Jay Lieberman at a men's breakfast with 45 attending in Ontario, California July 10th, 2021 shares his Incredible journey after being put in self induced a coma for 41 days & surviving covid after being in a hospital 87 days & rehabbed back to health."

Self induced?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 7/9/2021 at 1:30 PM, laurakaye said:

I was hoping you'd respond, @Churchhoney. :)

I may be giving Jer way too much credit for working hard to keep his true beliefs hidden from the 'Gram crowd while also trying to tamp down his poser hipster persona when he's with his church posse.  I much prefer to picture him waking up in the mid- to late-morning and running aimlessly amok wondering which one of his contacts he can hit up for a free lunch while he stares into the mirror pondering why his hair keeps disappearing.  I also hope he steps on Legos every time he drags himself out of bed.

If a very famous, very rich and very openly gay fountain pen designer wanted to hire Jeremy to be the spokesman for his company, Jeremy would get a hernia from jumping so hard and fast at the chance, McArthur and his beliefs be damned.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Sedated, paralyzed, and put on a vent. Like pretty much everyone else with severe Covid

But how do you induce a coma on yourself?  They probably meant medically-induced.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

but did they have their own contract or were all still under whatever JB agreed to and they all just signed on to what he agreed to since they were legal adults? Either way, after all Derick has said about contracts, if they didn't read or understand whatever they signed that's on them.

• Love 6

So Jeremy teases us with a man who does not come up immediately in a Google search! Yikes. 

Jer, Mr. Self-Induced Coma may share your religious beliefs, but he does not share your upscale tastes in clothes, grooming, fountain pens, and hipster wit. Please reconsider your role as an influencer. You sound like a slacker. Don't you know anybody really famous after all this time free-loading in LA?

Doesn't Jinger have some false eyelashes or a curling iron to promote? It all rests on her shoulders after all, doesn't it? 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

Something that happens after you listen to Jeremy preach.

The SM is just going to escalate with these two - gotta show McArthur he's got worth to stay in that free house.

I would think that Jeremy could figure out a way to transfer....extricate himself out of that environment. He has to know it’s limited to remain under that influence. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I would think that Jeremy could figure out a way to transfer....extricate himself out of that environment. He has to know it’s limited to remain under that influence. 

The thing is, I'm sure he has at least one -- and likely two -- more school years before he gets his free Master's of Divinity....And as far as I can tell he really poured on the sycophancy coals to get in a position to get that scholarship and his perks....And chances are probably slim that he could finish the degree free somewhere else.

So, no matter how you felt about things, if you wanted to stay in the field, I think pretty much anybody would be loath to give up the free credential that you turned somersaults to get, really.

Plus, I'm not sure he's likely to see any significant limits to MacArthur world at this point. MacArthur's one of shrinking number of pastors who's gotten wealthy in the ministry. And among his own crowd of clergy, he's extremely influential, too. And when he puts up a sermon or talk on youtube, he gets hundreds and hundreds of comments from people telling him how wonderful he is and proclaiming that every minister in the country should be just like him. S

o he's got money, a reputation as a thinker and some kind of theological guru, many many very enthusiastic followers, various media channels on which to pontificate, a few very nice houses (apparently, and more........ So I imagine Jer'd be very reluctant to pass up whatever chance he has to someday get a piece of that. And when you really really want something, it seems to be pretty easy to close your eyes to anything that might suggest it's not the greatest idea....

• Love 10
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Lack of taste in shirts 😂

If you swung a nautical rope around in any beach town in New England, you could knock over at least 8 guys wearing that same shirt.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, drafan said:

If you swung a nautical rope around in any beach town in New England, you could knock over at least 8 guys wearing that same shirt.

Born and raised in New England, and I can confirm that. I have shorts with crabs on them, lol.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jinger, you have not been to Seville. I doubt Jeremy traveled there either in his days as an international soccer star *snicker*

Does she even know what country Seville is in?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Who needs that many mugs?

Idk, I find myself getting rid of them because I have only 1 or 2 favorites and I just use those all the time.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm a bit late to the party, but in case that's helpful: Jeremy actually did include this man's Instagram handle in that story (although just like @Lisa418722 pointed out, this guy's account is private).

Here's the screenshot with the handle circled by me. A handle can be placed anywhere on the screen, but people typically will place it either near the caption or next to/on the person featured in their story.

I realize now you might have just meant that Jeremy did not include this guy's actual/real name in his story, but that's rarely done from what I've seen. Someone's handle is really how you normally ''name'' or identify that person in this context.

jvuolo_story_arrow.thumb.jpeg.c8b7641e03124b8c1549f6c12d796672.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, crazy8s said:

my question is what is a "self- induced coma"

Listen to one of Jeremy's sermons, and, in about 10 minutes, you'll find out.

Well, if he didn't follow COVID precautions like the rest of us, and then got COVID which put him into a coma, it was self induced.  I suspect 'medically induced' is the phrase he was looking for and couldn't find.

• Love 15