Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Born and raised in New England, and I can confirm that. I have shorts with crabs on them, lol.

They're also popular in the boating community of SoFla.  I have a lobster shirt, too. 

I'll go back to my corner now and be ashamed. 😐

• LOL 24
15 minutes ago, Normades said:

They're also popular in the boating community of SoFla.  I have a lobster shirt, too. 

I'll go back to my corner now and be ashamed. 😐

In the proper setting, I think lobster shirts are cute.  Like at the beach or on your boat, maybe at a clambake or fish fry.  Otherwise, keep 'em in your closet.  

There is not a lot of lobster fishing going on in SoCal at the trendy spots where Jer hangs out, as far as I can tell, which makes his 'celebrity' friend look a little silly.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, Fosca said:

So, would that be the same COVID that Jermy's boss and idol says doesn't exist or is so mild that there's no need to wear masks or shut down indoor gatherings?  Seems a bit contradictory.

Not to beat a dead pocket square, but THIS is exactly why I waver between Jeremy being some kind of genius or just being downright stupid.  If his big boss - you know, the guy that for various perplexing reasons is 100% funding Jeremy and Jinger's big-time LA lifestyle - treated Covid as a hoax, then why is Jeremy posing with a "legend" whose claim to fame is contracting Covid and living to lecture about it?  Isn't this exactly the type of post that would enrage Johnny Mac?  I mean JM might not busy himself with Instagram, but I have to imagine that he's got several minions who report to him.  Isn't Jeremy basically making JM look like a fool with a post like this?  Again, I do not understand how Jeremy gets away with this.

20 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

OK, I found this:  
image.thumb.png.8fc0bbf75c7dbb28deda72e3a7f0494f.png

Then I looked again and found a Dr. Lieberman in LA (hip and knee orthopedic surgeon) but from the video I saw, they are not the same guy. Guess what Jerm, I searched because I was curious, but I feel like I just wasted five minutes of my life that I will never get back.  

And I find it completely hysterical that he's only followed by Jinger, because Jeremy doesn't do social media.  Seriously, the word "tool" no longer does Jerm justice anymore, he's so far beyond that.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Who needs that many mugs?

Well, in JIngle's defense.....There are more people who need that many mugs than there are who need that many Precious Moments. 😁

image.png.7c8db705c0707fa23670599bcc2adc2d.png

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

I don't think MacArthur thought Covid didn't exist, he just thought it wasn't much worse than the flu, so restrictions weren't needed. Getting really sick with Covid and surviving because of God still works for MacArthur.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think MacArthur thought Covid didn't exist, he just thought it wasn't much worse than the flu, so restrictions weren't needed. Getting really sick with Covid and surviving because of God still works for MacArthur.

I think MacArthur and his followers don't feel logic has a place in their world.

• Love 23

Is Mr. Lieberman connected to MacArthur's school? I'm thinking about the bill for 87 days in the hospital, 41 of which were in intensive care. It would be nice to have a generous sponsor to pay it.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Who needs that many mugs?

My mom used to buy mugs from different places when we would go on vacation. But they didn't match --- looking like she went online to buy them (I know not all of their mugs match but a lot of them do).  Also when she moved she got rid of them.   I cannot imagine moving that many mugs from Laredo to LA, but I guess they figure they are going to be living there a long time. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Not to beat a dead pocket square, but THIS is exactly why I waver between Jeremy being some kind of genius or just being downright stupid. 

I think I love you. This is The. Best. Jerm description EVER. I can’t even look at it without dying laughing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And I find it completely hysterical that he's only followed by Jinger, because Jeremy doesn't do social media.  Seriously, the word "tool" no longer does Jerm justice anymore, he's so far beyond that.

Both Jinger and Jeremy follow this guy, actually. The ''followed by _____'' you see on an Instagram profile shows you who, among the accounts you personally follow, also happens to follow the profile you're currently viewing.

While logged in my Instagram account, I went to check this guy's profile and that ''followed by'' mention was absent – meaning that no one I follow is following this guy's account (unsurprisingly).

IMG_0141.thumb.jpg.59eb9c9b6d62d0f667d7b6e6a29f8148.jpg

I then clicked on ''Follow'' on Jeremy's profile (and also Jinger's) and refreshed this guy's profile. This confirmed that both Jeremy and Jinger follow his account:

IMG_0140.thumb.jpg.8e2fa08080f996027fd6d384d3ac3caf.jpg

The person who shared the initial screenshot in this thread was probably not following Jeremy, hence why his username did not show in the ''followed by'' mention.

(Other possibility would be that the person sharing the screenshot was following Jeremy but that Jeremy has only very recently started following this guy's account, but that seems less likely.)

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

Exactly @Pinke !

Unless you’re following a private Instagram account, you can’t actually see their list of followers, or who they are following. A person you have in common will be shown, however.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I can't imagine living such a pretentious life.  Does Jer's benefactor pay for their gym memberships, too?

That engaged woman has a head of snarl, like Jessa's.  And I see that her fiancé has cultivated the no-sock look.  Sorry, but I just think of stinky feet, wearing shoes without socks.  Sweaty, too.  

• Love 8

I get a visceral reaction whenever I see a man doing the hand-on-elbow pose with his woman like he needs everyone to know who she belongs to.  He actually looks pretty punchable too.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I can't imagine living such a pretentious life.  Does Jer's benefactor pay for their gym memberships, too?

That engaged woman has a head of snarl, like Jessa's.  And I see that her fiancé has cultivated the no-sock look.  Sorry, but I just think of stinky feet, wearing shoes without socks.  Sweaty, too.  

Do I spy a pocket square too?

• LOL 4
8 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I definitely don’t prefer to exercise with a significant other.

Me either.  I imagine Jer criticizes Jin on her 'form' when they work out together.  He's got to be one of the top ten most irritating people ever.

• Love 15
(edited)
5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

izzium4mpxa71.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&prkja2jmpxa71.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&

WTF is this about? Are Jer and Clay Aiken now snapping pix of each other? ((Clarify: Bottom pic.))

Edited by drafan
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Me either.  I imagine Jer criticizes Jin on her 'form' when they work out together.  He's got to be one of the top ten most irritating people ever.

He used to be a professional athlete, you know! 

• LOL 11
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I love Jinger's dress. 

The engaged couple looks like brother and sister.

Her shoes are cute too. I don’t know if both couples were at the same event or they just happened to meet up, but J&J are more casually dressed than the newly engaged couple.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Her shoes are cute too. I don’t know if both couples were at the same event or they just happened to meet up, but J&J are more casually dressed than the newly engaged couple.

They might be at the couple's engagement party. The decoration hanging on the lovely backdrop of grass has engagement rings.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What happened to poor baby Jinger poo who only wants to have some privacy? 

She married a famewhore.

I think it’s very possible that Jinger would prefer a more private life, but her master wants fame and fortune so she has no choice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

She married a famewhore.

I think it’s very possible that Jinger would prefer a more private life, but her master wants fame and fortune so she has no choice.

Yes, but JINGER is posting as much as her famewhore spouse. 

It's clear they're ramping up the social media to keep the cash rolling in now that there is no more Counting On $$.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, but JINGER is posting as much as her famewhore spouse. 

It's clear they're ramping up the social media to keep the cash rolling in now that there is no more Counting On $$.

So?
It doesn’t mean that she lied about wanting a private life. Her husband has no real job and wants to remain in the public eye. So of course she’s posting on her account since she has more followers and she’s more famous. The public cares more about her than him and I think he knows that. She has to do what Jeremy wants.

Frankly, I think that most Duggar kids don’t want to be famous, but they post their lives on SM because they need money and don’t want/can’t have real jobs.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

So?
It doesn’t mean that she lied about wanting a private life. Her husband has no real job and wants to remain in the public eye. So of course she’s posting on her account since she has more followers and she’s more famous. The public cares more about her than him and I think he knows that. She has to do what Jeremy wants.

Frankly, I think that most Duggar kids don’t want to be famous, but they post their lives on SM because they need money and don’t want/can’t have real jobs.

I think we're actually in agreement as to the bottom line. 😀

• Love 5
(edited)

Apparently, the Grace seminary/church doctrine is quite different from the fundies in the south.  This professor gives a lecture on Attachment to Alcohol.  He says the moderate use of alcohol is allowed, according to the Bible, as long as you don’t get drunk. Of course he points out why a Christian would use caution and the drawbacks, but it’s not totally forbidden. He abstains, of course.  I wonder if Pastor McArthur knows about it. It’s from 2018. (Audio below). 

https://www.gracechurch.org/sermons/14213

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
41 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

So?

She doesn’t HAVE to do what Jeremy wants, but she is weak and meek. 

42 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

So?

Who “can’t “ have a real job? What is stopping them?

• Love 10
(edited)

I'm sure there were moments in time where Jinger found being well known a pain in the ass. But I'm guessing for the most part they enjoyed it and for much of the time it made no difference at all. 

I think most stories in their book were greatly exaggerated. Jinger said she found it unnerving being approached by strangers who acted like they knew them, yet they spent most of their time in their home and never left the house alone, when they did go out. She also felt intruded on by the film crew when she had friends over, yet it doesn't appear any Duggars had friends other than "sweet friends". So maybe half a dozen times in her life she was annoyed due to being famous.

So now they put themselves in a pickle - they exaggerated Jinger's burden of fame, yet the actually enjoy it more than they don't. If they didn't put that story in the book, I believe the kids would still be all over SM, but they knew they'd be called out on it. Now here we are and the Vuolos are trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Apparently, the Grace seminary/church doctrine is quite different from the fundies in the south.  This professor gives a lecture on Attachment to Alcohol.  He says the moderate use of alcohol is allowed, according to the Bible, as long as you don’t get drunk. Of course he points out why a Christian would use caution and the drawbacks, but it’s not totally forbidden. He abstains, of course.  I wonder if Pastor McArthur knows about it. It’s from 2018. (Audio below). 

https://www.gracechurch.org/sermons/14213

This is still a popular view in the south. Many Baptists will drink alcohol and use similar sentiments. Even Derreck has this view of alcohol.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

!00% agree with this. Really, Josh and Jill were the only Duggar kids who consistently enjoyed the spotlight, based on their talking head and general behavior.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, lascuba said:

!00% agree with this. Really, Josh and Jill were the only Duggar kids who consistently enjoyed the spotlight, based on their talking head and general behavior.

I agree, I think they all enjoyed the many perks that the TV show brought, they just don't want the hassle.  Jinger would like to pick and choose; so would a lot of people in her position and even big time celebs.  Jinger needs the exposure to keep generating income, but she doesn't have the income to really shield herself from the parts she doesn't like as some big celebrities can.

However, there is a simple way to get the paparazzi out of your life, Jinger.  You and/or Jer need to stop calling them and telling them where you'll be, dear.

I do think Jinger is also in a Duggar-style marriage and Jeremy is her headship.  As long as he wants her to post on social media, that is what she will do.  It probably irritates him to no end, but he knows she is more popular and has more followers; she needs to keep posting in hopes of keeping both of them in the game.  I am sure Jeremy encourages her to post often, probably even does some posting in her name.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

She doesn’t HAVE to do what Jeremy wants, but she is weak and meek. 

Who “can’t “ have a real job? What is stopping them?

In their world, women can't have jobs. That's why they sell their lives & products on SM.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

...well, not for 6 months anyway.

The Babes' non-homemade food always looks so good. Yikes. I want it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

w3ofqdq613b71.jpg

What I noticed in this picture is a plate of pasta and (burned) bread in front of Jer, and a teensy salad for Jin. They do appear to be using real dishes, though...

• Useful 3
  • Love 4