Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

It's over now. I don't think they even lasted 10 minutes. I caught it somewhere in the middle. Jinger talked about how the show has made her wary of strangers. She didn't say it quit that bluntly, but the way she talked about her basic mistrust of even well-meaning fans made it clear that she's very closed off.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It's over now. I don't think they even lasted 10 minutes. I caught it somewhere in the middle. Jinger talked about how the show has made her wary of strangers. She didn't say it quit that bluntly, but the way she talked about her basic mistrust of even well-meaning fans made it clear that she's very closed off.

Lmfaooo, I'm not sure that's something I'd admit to if I'm hoping those same fans buy my crappy merchandise.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

They actually had to come back on. The first time RFP signed off, he reminded people to pre-order the book and join the launch club, but didn't tell people how. He gave a website for the book the second time. It was something like hope we hold book.com if anyone wants to take one for the team. 😃

• LOL 10
19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Goodreads is sponsoring a book giveaway! If I win, I'll take one for the team and actually read their drivel.

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/322937-imperishable-hope-finding-peace-in-the-promises-of-god-every-day

Waaaaaaiiiiiiiiit a minute. Has the book title changed at the last minute? Or is that a Goodreads error? It's Imperishable Hope there but The Hope We Hold everywhere else? 

And still The Hope We Hold on the cover that otherwise says Imperishable Hope?! 🤣

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I tried that and didn't find anything, but I am terrified of expending too much effort on finding it.

Ever since I looked at that stupid book on Amazon, it still pops up on my homepage there. It's been 17 days, and it's still there. No matter how many other books I look at or even buy, it doesn't go away. It just lurks there, taunting me. Amazon also now wants me to try Growing Up Duggar (2 different versions?), A Love That Multiplies, The Duggars: 20 and Counting, and a Gaines book. At one point, it also was recommending a tuna cookbook to me, and I had dark suspicions it featured a tuna bbq recipe.

I. Have. Suffered.

I’m hoping the cookbook has a tuna/tater tot casserole in there somewhere! Mmm nope.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Waaaaaaiiiiiiiiit a minute. Has the book title changed at the last minute? Or is that a Goodreads error? It's Imperishable Hope there but The Hope We Hold everywhere else? 

And still The Hope We Hold on the cover that otherwise says Imperishable Hope?! 🤣

That's bizarre. Explains the aprons though, if the title was changed.

• Love 7

They seem to be bent on proving that there's nothing either interesting or helpful in the book. 

Not a great idea. Although I doubt it will hurt sales much. If somebody is a big fan, they'll buy a book -- and even enjoy it -- just because it makes them feel closer to somebody they like who's famous, I think. 

• Love 13

Jeremy was reading from Chapter 3, and there weren’t that many pages left. Jeremy should stop interrupting Jinger, just STFU and let the woman talk. Why did he have to read the chapter his wife wrote? 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Jeremy was reading from Chapter 3, and there weren’t that many pages left. Jeremy should stop interrupting Jinger, just STFU and let the woman talk. Why did he have to read the chapter his wife wrote? 

It was filmed in mirror reverse. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Whenever Jinger was talking he looked visibly uncomfortable nodding his head and constantly interjecting "yeah." He can't wait for her to shut up so he can talk again. She appears to be oblivious to what an asshole he is, but maybe that's just the "on" version of Jinger. She's always too self-aware on social media to get a read on what's really going on with her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It was filmed in mirror reverse. 

OOPS! Jeremy’s shirt should have made it clear.  🤗 I still think he was rude to Jinger, smug bastard. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

That is disgusting

And I am SURE all of these fundies ( and non fundie) influencers get all sorts of insane, inappropriate, disgusting comments about their children

All the more reason they ( all influencers ) should stop showcasing their children on social media to thousands ( and sometimes millions) of people

• Love 17
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I am all good with snark, but that is way out of line.

I agree, but they know what they are opening themselves up to by doing this.

1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

That is disgusting

And I am SURE all of these fundies ( and non fundie) influencers get all sorts of insane, inappropriate, disgusting comments about their children

All the more reason they ( all influencers ) should stop showcasing their children on social media to thousands ( and sometimes millions) of people

Exactly. I’ve been on fb and Twitter a lot during the last year and people are often so much nastier and harsh than that. They should know and expect this.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Zella said:

I tried that and didn't find anything, but I am terrified of expending too much effort on finding it.

Ever since I looked at that stupid book on Amazon, it still pops up on my homepage there. It's been 17 days, and it's still there. No matter how many other books I look at or even buy, it doesn't go away. It just lurks there, taunting me. Amazon also now wants me to try Growing Up Duggar (2 different versions?), A Love That Multiplies, The Duggars: 20 and Counting, and a Gaines book. At one point, it also was recommending a tuna cookbook to me, and I had dark suspicions it featured a tuna bbq recipe.

I. Have. Suffered.

Please accept my support during this difficult time, @Zella.  I am so sorry for your ongoing suffering!  Many hugs. I wouldn’t wish being bombarded with Duggar book suggestions on anyone!  

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

ummmm....no, it didn't.

Truth and the Duggar family also remain quite far apart. 

The Duggs are on close terms with many of the world's most transparently false sugary clichés, however. 

So basically, she said friends brought her some food? And JUST STOP WITH THE “WALKING THROUGH THE SEASON OF LIFE” shit!

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Please accept my support during this difficult time, @Zella.  I am so sorry for your ongoing suffering!  Many hugs. I wouldn’t wish being bombarded with Duggar book suggestions on anyone!  

Thank you! They're all still there! 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I don't understand why Jinger would allow her hair to look like that in a planned Instagram story.  And she's moved beyond a fivehead, it's racing back to meet her neck. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Jinger was answering a question about the publicity surrounding the molestations, not the molestations themselves, as well as Josh's Ashley Madison scandal. I'm guessing the family did rally together about their stories being plastered in the tabloids. The friends thing sounds a bit off. I'm assuming she's speaking of other Fundy families who showed their support to the entire family, not any friends that Jinger (didn't have) had back then. I'm also thinking, more in regard to Josh, the family did lose a few friends and Jinger is probably repeating what her parents were saying back then, because I think its true that folks find out what kind of friends they have during hard times.

Again, much ado about nothing. Again, a tabloid using Josh in an attempt to increase the amount of clicks they would have gotten with just a headline of interviewing Jing and Jer on their own.

So far, with what they shared, even with a ghost writer I'm betting this book is going to be an empty boring read. They probably only made it to 200+ pages by adding Bible verses.

I wonder how Jer's ego is handling all the publicity teases being only about Jinger?

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jinger was answering a question about the publicity surrounding the molestations, not the molestations themselves, as well as Josh's Ashley Madison scandal. I'm guessing the family did rally together about their stories being plastered in the tabloids. The friends thing sounds a bit off. I'm assuming she's speaking of other Fundy families who showed their support to the entire family, not any friends that Jinger (didn't have) had back then. I'm also thinking, more in regard to Josh, the family did lose a few friends and Jinger is probably repeating what her parents were saying back then, because I think its true that folks find out what kind of friends they have during hard times.

Again, much ado about nothing. Again, a tabloid using Josh in an attempt to increase the amount of clicks they would have gotten with just a headline of interviewing Jing and Jer on their own.

So far, with what they shared, even with a ghost writer I'm betting this book is going to be an empty boring read. They probably only made it to 200+ pages by adding Bible verses.

I wonder how Jer's ego is handling all the publicity teases being only about Jinger?

So, nothing we basically don't already know. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Quof said:

I don't understand why Jinger would allow her hair to look like that in a planned Instagram story.  

She’ll  be shilling the brush for styling hair again, because people have asked. 🤣😂

• LOL 16
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

So basically, she said friends brought her some food? And JUST STOP WITH THE “WALKING THROUGH THE SEASON OF LIFE” shit!

Maybe they have a skewed idea about the word season in general.   When a great deal of your income is derived from contracts related to a television show, seasons mean $$$ keeps rolling.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

20egynzvudu61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

These look like snaps, the kind that are punched in with a machine. What exactly is supposed to be happening in this neatly arranged photo?

I can't see Jinger sewing on buttons and certainly not repairing holes. RFP would not want the world to see his family in worn and repaired clothing.  

Anyway, it's nice that she acknowledged her grandmother's work in the TTH. Michelle was too busy spitting out babies to notice. 

• Love 21

It is the re-imaging of Jinger as a homemaker for whatever reason, Jinger cooks, Jinger sews buttons, and any mention of Grandma Mary will bring in the older "grandma type" fans of the show, so they can sell them a book.

• Useful 3
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

It is the re-imaging of Jinger as a homemaker for whatever reason, Jinger cooks, Jinger sews buttons, and any mention of Grandma Mary will bring in the older "grandma type" fans of the show, so they can sell them a book.

How depressing.

I thought it was sweet she missed her grandmother, but I think you're right. This is part of Jinger's "happy homemaker" branding attempt. So horrible to exploit her dead grandmother that way, jeez louise.

• Love 19

Not to mention, who actually bothers to repair infant or toddler clothing? Unless it is like super fancy special occasion clothing? They grow out of it in 2 seconds, just get a new pair of pants. You can get old navy pants for literally 3 dollars. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I've never known an active baby to NOT pull out easily-fixed seams in their clothing. 

It looks like a footed onesie to me, and with even the most expensive clothing being made with shoddy materials and crappy workmanship these days, I can actually see all the Duggar females being able to at least thread a needle & make a few basic stiches in a seam, to keep it from ripping any further.  

Most of them are pretty bad at a lot of stuff, but Jana can not be the only one that learned very basic sewing.  

• Love 4