Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Omg. I just watched those clips of Jeremy and he's awful at preaching. He's condescending and lacks warmth. And he's also offensive.

Yep. And now he's been preaching for, what?, six years already. More? And now he's taken some how-to-preach courses, too, including from some people who are pretty good at preaching. 

While he showed a little bit of progress while he was in Laredo, as far as I can tell he plateaued going into the last year of the Laredo job and hasn't improved noticeably -- in either content or delivery -- since. And that, to me, makes absolutely no sense unless you truly are dumb as a rock and also aren't trying.  

He just loves to tell people what they're doing wrong, however.....So I guess he's at least getting fun out of it. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

I'm not sure I understand Jeremy's sermon. Is he basically saying, no one on their deathbed says I wish I spent more time at work, watching TV, etc? In other words, make sure you have your priorities in order.

I did find it offensive to say dying folks "pathetically" lay on their deathbed.

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure I understand Jeremy's sermon. Is he basically saying, no one on their deathbed says I wish I spent more time at work, watching TV, etc? In other words, make sure you have your priorities in order.

I did find it offensive to say dying folks "pathetically" lay on their deathbed.

He seems to be mocking people for being on the deathbeds with the television on. How does he know whether people are on their deathbeds? And who is he to say they can't watch television even if they are dying?

• Love 21

What an asshole.

Also, his delivery is EXACTLY like Chis Farley's 'Van Down By The River' speech. Like, I'd have thought this was a parody of preaching.

Inside of ten years, they're gonna wind up living in the other side of the warehouse from Josh, wearing thrift store clothes.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, Temperance said:

He seems to be mocking people for being on the deathbeds with the television on. How does he know whether people are on their deathbeds? And who is he to say they can't watch television even if they are dying?

What a prick he is.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Wait a minute. The guy who spends his free time taking pictures of his sneakers, pocket squares, and burgers is going to criticize how someone who is terminally ill spends their final hours as somehow superficial by his standards? What a fucking c***. 

I wish I could like this post more than once. I also wish it could be posted somewhere where that sanctimonious hypocrite would be forced to see it over and over again.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, LilJen said:

So, he clipped a couple of flowers off some neighbor’s rose bush and gave them to jingle?

That was my first thought! Whose yard did he steal those from?

• LOL 11
32 minutes ago, Zella said:

Question for The Asshole Known as Jeremy: Is it okay to watch Counting On while you're terminal? How about his podcast? Is it okay to listen to that while you're dying? 🙄

Buy the book, subscribe to the podcast.....but don't actively use them if sick!

• LOL 12
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I doubt Jing and Jer eat out everyday, so I'm guessing Jinger has prepared most of their meals these last 5 years. And from the last two pics, it seems she tries to recreate meals they enjoyed at restaurants. Jinger, being a Duggar, is making very easy to copy meals, yet somehow thinks this is special. 

She's copying the exact foods my co-workers and I would often get for lunch pre-pandemic. We have a great deli/produce place that makes great paninis and sandwiches. We know the schedule and whereabouts of like 5 food trucks, there's a yummy Puerto Rican style Spanish restaurant not to far from work and too many Chinese places, as well as a great seafood place nearby. Next up will likely be pernil, chicken wings, some type of lo mein and a seafood bowl. 

Please tell me this Puerto Rican place is in Southern California, and then tell me the name. 

• LOL 1
27 minutes ago, SMama said:

Please tell me this Puerto Rican place is in Southern California, and then tell me the name. 

So sorry, its in New England. A mom & pop place, and from what a few of my staff and co-workers tell me, the food is just like gramma makes. 

19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I saw the Hispanic dad video, and wow. Jeremy thinks he's an expert on culture because one or two of his teammates was raised a particular way? 

I consider myself a person of faith and I don't think God minds if a terminally ill person watches TV in the hospital. You can't spend every waking minute of the day praying and repenting for sins.

Watching those clips made me feel really bad for Jinger. 

Jeremy doesn't even understand that dying is often a slow, long process.  Some people are in hospice care for over a year.  Are they supposed to pray every minute?  He is stupid.  I only watched the first minute and couldn't stand his exaggerated hand motions.

• Love 23
14 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

She looks quite thin here - like almost unhealthy thin

First thought in my mind.

14 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, pregnancy and bleaching have done a number on Jingle's hair. I don't ever remember it being that thin. She looks cute in yellow, though.

A lot of Covid patients suffer from thinning hair as well.   

I'm wondering if they went through Covid and are desperate to keep it from going public because of Jeremy's boss?

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Sometimes the sound of TV is preferable to the other constant, loud sounds in a hospital. It was for my dad when he was dying. Fuck Jeremy.

Mine too. He could barely pay attention but it was better than just lying there. 

4 hours ago, Tikichick said:

First thought in my mind.

A lot of Covid patients suffer from thinning hair as well.   

I'm wondering if they went through Covid and are desperate to keep it from going public because of Jeremy's boss?

Most anorexics lose hair as well. Just saying. 🤷‍♀️

13 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

All I heard her say there was “blah blah blah.” Nothing meaningful.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think the point he’s trying to make is when you’re on your deathbed, you’d better turn off the TV and work on making things right with God (by praying/reading the Bible); otherwise, you’re going to die and go straight to hell in a hand basket.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Most anorexics lose hair as well. Just saying. 🤷‍♀️

Sure they do, and I didn't negate that.  However in light of the times I mentioned another possibility.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

@GeeGolly wrote -- Well, I think Jer has this backwards. I would think God would be more concerned about how one lived the majority of their life, not how they spent their waning days.

I think Jer's preferred form of god doesn't pay much attention to what you do on a daily basis. 

He likes the god that is only super-concerned with that ONE moment -- which can be at the very end of your life -- when the light dawns and you suddenly yell, "Oh! Oh! I see the light! I know NOW that I'm a miserable sinner! Save me, Jesus! I accept you as my personal savior!" and then you get express mailed right to heaven. 

Saves having to think about your behavior for the rest of your life. All you need is that one minute for a god like that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

On Jeremy’s Instagram stories, he said that they are doing a live on Jinger’s Instagram account, “some time tonight “,  reading an excerpt from chapter 3 of the book. It will be about what it was like growing up on television.

”Some time tonight”, great marketing there. It hasn’t been posted about yet, on Jinger’s Instagram, or on Hope We Hold. Effort is hard.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3