Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

For some unknown reason radishes have become a bit of a fad item at several SoCal restaurants.  My mother always grew them so to me they're a bit old-fashioned, but some people seem to have recently discovered them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I love radishes, as long as they are on the milder side. A fresh radish right out of the garden is a real treat. I always have a hard time waiting until they really get big enough! I love them with just a tiny smear of butter, or chopped up and mixed with some cottage cheese and chives. They are one of the first things I go for on a veggie platter with dip. Even the fresh greens are amazing mixed into a quick stir-fry!

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

When my daughters were younger we planted radish and carrot seeds together. As the radishes were picked, the carrots would then fill in the rows.

I really hope something the Vuolos are doing is going to make sense at some point. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 8

If this is going to be their thing then, I guess it's okay? They're going to be food bloggers for Jesus?

I'd certainly like for them to pick a lane and focus on something, but this seems like a questionable choice. Jeremy obviously likes to eat, but I think the idea that Jinger likes to cook seems far fetched.

Based on the very limited sampling of posts so far, it appears that they want us to believe that they (or Jinger) are already good cooks. They would be so much better off -- and it would be more believable and relatable -- to position themselves as enthusiastic amateurs who want to learn and are interested in input and advice.

And, of course, Jesus. I don't really understand how this all ties in with the overarching theme of all Jesus, all the time. I hate to sound too negative as they start down this new path, but 1) they never seem to stick with anything and 2) they are just so super-boring . . .

• Love 17
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Something food-related is definitely in the pipeline. The aprons, the faux baking and Jeremy promoting Jinger's "skills" can't be a coincidence.

Whatever their plans, they won’t last 3 months.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
On 4/17/2021 at 1:16 PM, crazy8s said:

we all know that is not Jer's favorite restaurant. He likes the ones where he can pose with a burger, take a selfie, tag the place and get a free meal.

Since they are half heartedly pimping their sure to be a flop book Jeremy is trying the Jinger is an avid cook narrative. A sandwich and could be tacos, tostadas, or something left by aliens at Area 51? My 14 year old is making fried rice with salmon for dinner tomorrow. She has already beaten avid cook Jinger on the level of cooking difficulty. These people will do anything not to do honest work. 

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

And who's to say that those tostadas weren't takeout just eaten at home? 

I don't believe a thing this guy posts.

I think you are on to something. I was thinking they are trying to pass of some Blue Apron or Home Chef subscription box as Jinger's mad culinary skills. I think your theory is more plausible.

• Love 14

Oooh, I had to google this tostada thingy but am seriously considering making some tortillas and try them out.

No way Jinger did these - she can't cook or bake.

Those two really are so clueless. Jeremy is lazy, spoilt, entitled and smug to the n-th degree. Jinger seems totally spineless and has zero personality. They keep jumping from one thing to the other, always desperately hoping to hit jackpot and make lots of money. They will always be destined to fail miserably for neither has talent or determination OR want to work hard

• Love 14

I doubt Jing and Jer eat out everyday, so I'm guessing Jinger has prepared most of their meals these last 5 years. And from the last two pics, it seems she tries to recreate meals they enjoyed at restaurants. Jinger, being a Duggar, is making very easy to copy meals, yet somehow thinks this is special. 

She's copying the exact foods my co-workers and I would often get for lunch pre-pandemic. We have a great deli/produce place that makes great paninis and sandwiches. We know the schedule and whereabouts of like 5 food trucks, there's a yummy Puerto Rican style Spanish restaurant not to far from work and too many Chinese places, as well as a great seafood place nearby. Next up will likely be pernil, chicken wings, some type of lo mein and a seafood bowl. 

• Love 6

Yes, Jeremy may have eaten that at home but there is no way Jinger prepared that. I''m sure it was take out or delivery.

I can't get over the most perfect post about how Felicity is so smitten with her little sister and how Jinger is happier than ever!!!! Their fake posts make me sick, honestly. Fake, fake, fake.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Is that chicken florentine? Or some kind of soup? What am I looking at?

Something not good, that's what you are looking at. Why can't she show how it looks on a plate, with rice or whatever you serve whatever this is with?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I think you are on to something. I was thinking they are trying to pass of some Blue Apron or Home Chef subscription box as Jinger's mad culinary skills. I think your theory is more plausible.

Whole Foods is selling Amazon meal kits in CA now as well. We know they shop there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Depending on what it is, it could be pretty tasty, I guess...Something Florentine-ish would be my guess. And I will give a little credit for the fresh parsley to serve as at least a tiny bit of color contrast. But that's probably the least appealing way to photograph whatever it is. 

To be fair, though, unless you rely on colorful plates/bowls for something like this, there's not much else you could do to really make it photogenic. Pasta, or crusty bread do little for the color profile. Maybe a salad or something on the side might help, as would an angle which included something other than a bird's eye view of the pot, but it's pretty much going to be a bland looking dish anyway, and that's not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself as long as your repertoire extends a little further in general.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Is that chicken florentine? Or some kind of soup? What am I looking at?

I assumed it was something made from the synthetic android blood in the Alien franchise. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 14
7 hours ago, MunichNark said:

No way Jinger did these - she can't cook or bake.

Jinger has actually been shown cooking real food on the show and at one point she was the family bread maker.  Her expertise isn't to food show level, but she can produce edible meals.  Jessa, on the other hand, I doubt she can do much.  I remember Grandma Mary getting exasperated when Jessa was making cookies without measuring the ingredients.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jinger has actually been shown cooking real food on the show and at one point she was the family bread maker.  Her expertise isn't to food show level, but she can produce edible meals.  Jessa, on the other hand, I doubt she can do much.  I remember Grandma Mary getting exasperated when Jessa was making cookies without measuring the ingredients.  

I remember Jinger making bread with a bread machine. I think this was about the time that Gothard decided that homemade bread was an important thing. I don't know how long this lasted, but I'm sure that this phase produced Jill's "memories" of "green salad and homemade bread" for her unfortunate food posts. While fresh bread from a breadmaker is miles above instant oatmeal and cold water, I still don't think Jinger did a lot of baking at the TTH.

That doesn't mean she can't learn. Cooking and baking aren't that difficult, and I've been surprised (and revolted) that the older daughters not only can't cook, but don't really seem interested in learning. I just wish that she would present herself in the role of "student" rather than the Duggar default of "know-it-all."

I remember that scene with Jessa and Grandma Mary, too. Not only was Jessa cavalier about measuring, I recall her being condescending to Grandma Mary, too. Jessa presented it as a sort of "relaxed, don't sweat the small stuff" alternative. It was sort of a preview of her slovenly house, filthy sheets, and diaper mountain. Also, I don't come from the world's most perfect Christian family, but I would certainly have never spoken to my grandmother like that, and if I had, it wouldn't have resulted in an adorable family scene to be shown on national television.

• Love 21

My guess about what's in the pan are skinless/boneless chicken thighs, cream of mushroom soup and Italian parsley....anything else, who knows? A quick, simple recipe that anyone can prepare in a hurry. Just what is Jinger in a hurry from, is what I'd like to know. When I had 2 small children at home, I cooked dinners from scratch 6 days a week; why can't Jinger?

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jinger can probably throw together basic meals. She doesn't strike me as someone who wears ignorance as a badge of honor the way Jessa does. 

It's possible. It would certainly be hard to be worse at it than Jill and Jessa.

Honestly, I wouldn't see anything wrong with it except that this is their thing, right? They are 100% about traditional gender roles and women staying at home and caring for the family and all of the daughters have at least parroted that that is their choice as well.

None of them can cook, or clean, or sew, or bake, and they don't seem to think that's an issue, and they don't seem to feel any real compulsion to learn. After years of marriage and two kids, Jinger has apparently decided to take up cooking -- for the purposes of improving their SM profile.

I've known SAHMs, and they took pride in caring for their homes because it was their JOB. Their houses were clean, their children were clean and cared for, and they cooked meals for their families three times a day. Most of them had other skills: gardening, sewing, knitting, etc. and they continued learning and expanding their skills over their lifetimes.

Obviously Jinger's headship has no notion of the idea of "job" any more than she does. I assume that he thinks they are positioning themselves as an attractive young couple who are poised and ready to take over your prosperity gospel church (not "prosperity gospel" though, because they are too pure for that) when you're ready to retire. Yet they seem to only put the barest imaginable amount of effort into that, too.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, floridamom said:

My guess about what's in the pan are skinless/boneless chicken thighs, cream of mushroom soup and Italian parsley....anything else, who knows? A quick, simple recipe that anyone can prepare in a hurry. Just what is Jinger in a hurry from, is what I'd like to know. When I had 2 small children at home, I cooked dinners from scratch 6 days a week; why can't Jinger?

It could even be the above in a simple cream sauce - those look more like actual mushrooms than whatever those little nubbins are in the gloop of shroom canned soup, and would only take two or three minutes of extra work.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They, and everybody who watches them, are victims of the "fame" they have for no other reason than that, as a young girl, Jingle became part of a televised freakshow. 

This completely unearned fame makes them think that they're special and gifted in some way and thus deserving of the fame and whatever money comes with it or that they need to live up to their fame by making themselves special or that they can earn a living just based on their (fictional) specialness and giftedness. Or all of the above, either all at once or on alternate days. 

And, worse, it makes a lot of other people think so, too, even the many of us who actually know better. 

In truth, they're average people. Period. Not clear there's anything about either of them that's even a hair above average. And some things about them -- like Jer's levels of common sense, work ethic, humility and ability to read a room -- are possibly well below average. 

But the damn unearned fame means their own expectations for what they are and what they can accomplish and how others ought to perceive them are ridiculously high. I guess when you're famous it's really hard to realize that, in fact, you may be famous despite having literally no interesting or particularly valuable skills or traits.

And, worse, since they're constantly visible because of the totally meaningless and unearned fame, lots of other people have absurdly high expectations of them, too. Including idiot book publishers who know they can get money by selling books "written" by reality-tv people who are famous for literally no reason at all. And including all of us who watch them through media and social media and somehow expect that totally average people who don't even seem to practice much of anything will do good food photography, for example. Good food photography, like most other creations, is tricky and virtually never comes out right in the early going, I hear. 

So on their part it's just all flailing, all the time, to look like and be the special, gifted people their completely unjustified fame tells them falsely that they are.

And on our part it's stupidly wondering why -- and complaining that -- totally average people don't produce high-quality stuff. No reason to wonder at all. They produce the quality of work you produce in a class in which -- based on level of talent, prior knowledge and effort -- you're a solid C student who seldom has the goods to achieve a B+, even on the simplest assignment. 

What a waste of time and energy. Especially for them, who are in danger of wasting their lives in a struggle for things they can't possibly achieve.  And mostly looking ridiculous in the attempt. 

The breakout stars of LA are really just victims of social media and reality tv. The sooner they become invisible the better it'll be for them. 

All so true, so on the mark.  Even though we know better, there is still the expectation that that what they produce would be/could be/should be at least a little better than average,

This is the result of reality TV with great numbers of people who are only famous for being famous.  Sometimes, amazingly, the complete lack of talent or notable accomplishment can be be overcome and can result in fabulous wealth, like the Kardashians.  It's no more earned or deserving than that of the Duggars, but  comes from apparently an ability to promote themselves.

The irony is that Jinger and the rest of them could learn to be at least competent.  They could produce something worthwhile, but they have been stunted by their unearned fame.  They don't seem to know that they don't know anything.  It would take some humility to recognize their deficiencies and do something about them.  Not a one of them seems to have any awareness that they are in fact, average.

• Love 13

I love how we're all trying to guess what that dish is, lol. Jinger wasted another opportunity for organic engagement on her post by not asking people to guess what the dish is. I was thinking chicken in some kind of cream sauce with spinach. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

She is also Jeremy’s personal photographer is my guess. I bet they drive around a lot looking for free food/photo spots. Jingle is probably treated like his gofer 

21 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

7z06izcanyt61.jpg?width=750&format=pjpg&

It’s rice with cream of slop? Did Jill share her recipe? It doesn’t look yummy. 

• Love 5

At least it's not beige like Jill's cooking. 

I thought Jana did cook - she at least does sew. But I suspect Jana is the only one.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me that once Grandma Mary passed away, Anna became the new de facto cook in that household. I do think that Anna can legitimately cook.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I love how we're all trying to guess what that dish is, lol. Jinger wasted another opportunity for organic engagement on her post by not asking people to guess what the dish is. I was thinking chicken in some kind of cream sauce with spinach. 

If they read here. Next post will be 

guess what this dish is? 

correct guess gets a used pocket square!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh, they are SO gunning for their own cooking show on Magnolia Network. Which they will NEVER get because Joanna Gaines runs when she sees a Duggar (At least in my head she runs away and hides...)

Oh, she definitely runs. Jana's been stalking her for years and hasn't gotten so much as a picture together. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

7z06izcanyt61.jpg?width=750&format=pjpg&

Didn't see this one in my earlier scroll-through. Most of the actual ingredients look pretty similar to the creamy concoction in the other photo, just that the cream sauce is at the bottom of the pile here, under the rice and mushroom/spinach/whatever. The thing that sort of cracks me up, though, is that the garnish looks to me like marigold petals. Way to "elevate" something to wannabee haute cuisine!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't have much use for WOACB, but she's been posting snippets of Jeremy's sermons the past couple of days. He took a racist swipe at Hispanics, saying that boys are raised to be thieves, but this one, attacking the terminally ill, is especially offensive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNz2Qv7A4Z5/?igshid=1kssgs57ulaz1

I saw the Hispanic dad video, and wow. Jeremy thinks he's an expert on culture because one or two of his teammates was raised a particular way? 

I consider myself a person of faith and I don't think God minds if a terminally ill person watches TV in the hospital. You can't spend every waking minute of the day praying and repenting for sins.

Watching those clips made me feel really bad for Jinger. 

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't have much use for WOACB, but she's been posting snippets of Jeremy's sermons the past couple of days. He took a racist swipe at Hispanics, saying that boys are raised to be thieves, but this one, attacking the terminally ill, is especially offensive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNz2Qv7A4Z5/?igshid=1kssgs57ulaz1

He is simply awful at this. He has zero charisma, and I don't believe that he believes this.

This is a very popular topic for a sermon -- going back a long way -- that we are all potentially moments away from meeting our maker, and should be on our knees rather than frittering away time (going to the bear fights, playing whist, watching "talkies," or groovin with the chicks depending on the era).

A well done sermon on this subject will bring the congregation to tears, and many sinners will crawl on their knees to the pulpit to confess. That does not seem to be the case here. I can't imagine anyone staying awake through an entire RFP sermon.

Also, I'm not an evangelical, but this stuff drives me insane. People are "saved" by their belief in Jesus and are redeemed by his sacrifice. Why are these people in the hospital supposed to be concerned about judgement? Why are they so unable to keep this story straight?

• Love 16