Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I won't side eye the retired too much.  I've heard it from some other athletes and a doctor my daughter knew in high school quit practicing four years after her fellowship ended and the practice where she had worked listed her as retired.  

That's fair enough! 

• Love 6

What the hell?!

Jeremy’s world turned upside down after numerous women came forward to allege that the former soccer player had sexually assaulted them during his teenage years. While he did admit to cheating on Jinger, this period was much more difficult. In an interview with Us Weekly, Jinger spoke on how the scandal divided her close ones.

And casually throwing in, "admitted to cheating on Jinger," too?

This all sounds crazy -- but the article has so many quotes from them both, which does lend a little more credibility. Jeez.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, birkenstock said:

The website is mixing up Jeremy with Josh. The molestations are about Josh and the cheating quote is taken directly from Josh's Ashley Madison scandal statement. Jinger's quote about family coming closer together is in reference to the Josh scandal #1. It was part of the US magazine video interview released earlier in the week.

But it mentions Jeremy’s soccer “career?”

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, rue721 said:

What the hell?!

And casually throwing in, "admitted to cheating on Jinger," too?

This all sounds crazy -- but the article has so many quotes from them both, which does lend a little more credibility. Jeez.

This is almost word for word what Jinger is supposed to have said in the book about the Josh scandal. I think that the person who did the "reporting" for this piece barely read the book, or the article he was plagiarizing, or something similar.

If you knew absolutely nothing about these people, it would probably never cross your mind that all if this sturm and drang was about something her brother did, and you might assume that it must be her husband to have been included in the book.

The article also mentions her father "who is known to be a tough man especially since he is the pastor of their church" which is not true.

Unless there are actually allegations against Jeremy that we know nothing about, they may have actual cause for litigation against this publication.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 19
11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

But it mentions Jeremy’s soccer “career?”

The quotes are all about Josh though and state allegations are from the person's teen years. It's an article from  daily soap dish and allegations haven't been posted anywhere else. 

While Jeremy is a jerk and a poser, it hasn't been mentioned in the mainstream that he was accused of sexual assault.

Also, wtf if Jim Bob knowingly allowed a sexual predator into the family. I don't think he was that desperate for Jinger to enter a courtship.

Edited by birkenstock
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, birkenstock said:

The quotes are all about Josh though and state allegations are from the person's teen years. It's an article from  daily soap dish and allegations haven't been posted anywhere else. 

While Jeremy is a jerk and a poser, it hasn't been mentioned in the mainstream that he was accused of sexual assault.

Yeah I will never be a member of the Jeremy fan club, but I am pretty sure this is all about Josh and has been bizarrely repackaged to make it about Jeremy. 

• Love 24

Oh wow, that website better take that libel down right now! 

That’s pretty shocking stuff, really glad for everyone’s sake (especially Jinger’s!) that it’s not true.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Yeah I will never be a member of the Jeremy fan club, but I am pretty sure this is all about Josh and has been bizarrely repackaged to make it about Jeremy. 

It’s ridiculous and unfair, but at the same time not surprising. He hitched his wagon to a Duggar for the “fame” and this is what he gets.

• Love 10

Every word written in the Hollywood Gossip is stuff we've talked about, or Redditors, or other sites. They have no "sources close to the family". It's all regurgitated bullspit.

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Looks like Take Your Toddler to Lunch Day.

I'm trying to figure out how Jer's lifestyle translates into his supposed future ministry career.  I would presume that most churches who are looking for a pastor aren't concerned with what style kicks he wears, how hip his wardrobe is, and that he likes to eat fancy grifted lunches and play that he's famous.  I'd guess that being a good speaker, caring about others and having been called to the position are more important, but Jere has none of those qualities.  I think he wanted to be a pastor in order to hook a famous wife and to get to stand up in front of a group of people and be stared at and admired for his hotness wisdom.  I also still can't figure out how this man is currently in school when he's constantly eating out and taking selfies.  You'd think he'd be making Jinger snap photos of him surrounded by books, fountain pen in hand, staring pensively at the horizon, contemplating life and all it entails.  Instead we get photos of Bart Simpson with facial hair eating $27 pints of organic ice cream.

He's going for the cool pastor shtick, refusing to accept that "cool pastor" is a contradiction in terms.  He's the 2020s version of that pastor from the movie Saved who would do back  flips and say things like "getting jiggy with the lord."

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Jer wants to be in this group so badly.

this comes out tomorrow

PreachersNSneakers: Authenticity in an Age of For-Profit Faith and (Wannabe) Celebrities Paperback – April 27, 2021

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0785238832/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=preachersns07-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=0785238832&linkId=8fb41ed5e23458de259895e978fed7d6

I don't why, but that cover took me out. The sound I made when I saw it in combination with the title...

• LOL 8
12 hours ago, birkenstock said:

The website is mixing up Jeremy with Josh. The molestations are about Josh and the cheating quote is taken directly from Josh's Ashley Madison scandal statement. Jinger's quote about family coming closer together is in reference to the Josh scandal #1. It was part of the US magazine video interview released earlier in the week.

Hurry up and hire a lawyer, Jermy.  Here’s your chance to win big $$$$!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I don't why, but that cover took me out. The sound I made when I saw it in combination with the title...

When I saw the cover all I thought was a cereal box, or rice box or Betty Crocker. lol.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

this comes out tomorrow

PreachersNSneakers: Authenticity in an Age of For-Profit Faith and (Wannabe) Celebrities Paperback – April 27, 2021

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0785238832/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=preachersns07-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=0785238832&linkId=8fb41ed5e23458de259895e978fed7d6

YES! I just saw this article in the NYT about that and immediately came to post here 😂 : https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/26/style/preachers-n-sneakers-book.html

• Love 2
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

this comes out tomorrow

Shouldn't Jeremy's picture be on the cover of that book?

• LOL 3

"Golf." 

Subtitle: "Look at my hairly manly legs.  Aren't they fabulous?  It's from years of high-level soccer.  I played soccer, you know - could've gone pro.  I was that good.  Still am, but I've chosen to pursue a life of wisdom and faith, along with with the occasional organic, grass-fed cheeseburger washed down with a hand-dipped milkshake from Pretention and Sprinkles - 'cause you gotta keep things chill, amirite?"

• LOL 12
  • Love 11

is it too much to hope that further pics of Jer will follow what they are doing with pics of Felicity and no face will be shown?? I'm all for that

I will admit anything is better than another picture of his stupid face, but... I don't think I need to see full-body Jeremy in almost-defrauding shorts, either...

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I will admit anything is better than another picture of his stupid face, but... I don't think I need to see full-body Jeremy in almost-defrauding shorts, either...

Personally, I would rather not see ANY pictures of Jerm or Jing. Ever again. I do not want to see posers. No way will they ever show their kids without their faces front and center.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

"Golf." 

Subtitle: "Look at my hairly manly legs.  Aren't they fabulous?  It's from years of high-level soccer.  I played soccer, you know - could've gone pro.  I was that good.  Still am, but I've chosen to pursue a life of wisdom and faith, along with with the occasional organic, grass-fed cheeseburger washed down with a hand-dipped milkshake from Pretention and Sprinkles - 'cause you gotta keep things chill, amirite?"

Pretention and Sprinkles is my new favorite faux brand name. I want it on a shirt!

• LOL 21
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jeremy post a pic of your $1200 sneakers please. Or your entire sneaker collection!

I love that his socks say golf. Oh Jeremy 🙄

I wonder if they're also labeled LEFT and RIGHT

• LOL 24
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

is it too much to hope that further pics of Jer will follow what they are doing with pics of Felicity and no face will be shown?? I'm all for that

They could also make the kids wear a halloween full-face mask, a la Michael Jackson.

What a douche.  

• Love 7