Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, crazy8s said:

but as a whole, for all their talk about homemakers, the 4 married duggar females have shown pretty much 0 homemaking skills.

When have the Duggar parents actually talked about teaching their daughters homemaking skills, though?

There was a clip that TLC posted years back of Michelle in the kitchen with some of the younger boys helping out, and she said her goal was to show them what to do so that one day "they could replace mom in the kitchen."  I found that notable at the time because as a parent, wouldn't teaching your child skills be a good thing because they are gaining valuable future life skills, not potentially easing your burden? It was so weird to me. In another clip that aired during the time Jessa was courting Ben, Michelle was asked something along the lines of whether Ben could expect a home-cooked meal every night. Her response? "Expectations ruin relationships." Her advice? "Don't expect nothing! Then if it happens, you'll be pleasantly surprised [paraphrased]."

So certainly evidence would point to the girls *not* being prepped to be stereotypical housewives. I think all Michelle cares about is Jesus and herself. And I presume JB isn't too different (except for him, add in money). And they've raised their kids accordingly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Sure Jeremy. Because that’s what counts . 🥲

You need a looker if you plan to take this many couple selfies. 😁

Although they had to photoshop the hell out of her to make her fit for a Christian book cover....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
On 4/21/2021 at 4:13 PM, rue721 said:

How depressing.

I thought it was sweet she missed her grandmother, but I think you're right. This is part of Jinger's "happy homemaker" branding attempt. So horrible to exploit her dead grandmother that way, jeez louise.

Well, since it's Grandma Mary, I don't think it's that bad. Grandma Mary allegedly helped them get a television show to exploit her grandchildren. She seemed to have a real interest in promoting the show and making them stars.

I even heard rumors she wanted a Christian television show for herself, but no one was interested. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I must say that Jinger is looking much more well-rested lately and less like she's about to burst into tears or recovering from a crying jag.

Evangeline must be sleeping through the night and they've convinced Felicity that she does too have to take an afternoon nap.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I must say that Jinger is looking much more well-rested lately and less like she's about to burst into tears or recovering from a crying jag.

I just assumed Jinger (or Jeremy) were using more filters or Face-tune/Photoshop for some of their more current photos. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I wonder if either of them are getting Botox or face fillers. It's really popular in LA and Jinger's face has some of that shiny smoothness that is usually a giveaway.

If she's still breastfeeding she can't do Botox, but she can do dermal filler. I honestly can't tell because they use so much filter and facetune on their pictures. 

• Love 4
On 4/16/2021 at 5:19 AM, GeeGolly said:

Did Jinger have an eating disorder? It seems Michelle's self-proclaimed eating disorder was short lived and was fixed by "JB holding her accountable". Many adolescents and adults go through diet phases or fitness/health phases, but don't have eating disorders. I'm thinking Jinger's tease of that chapter was meant to imply she had an eating disorder and maybe she actually does, but I have doubts.

It’s been years now and back on the old TWOP forums but I definitely remember some speculation when Jinger was a teenager that she might have an eating disorder. There were times when she was rather shockingly thin compared to her sisters and there was some concern that she might have an ED as the one control she had in a life she didn’t control. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

So we don't keep giving them clicks:

9af6ey2s20v61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I find this comment strange. 

I remember Jer's adventures with three kinds of books. I've seen him writing song lyrics in his journal with his fountain pens. Once or twice I've seen him with his first-year Greek textbook. And I've seen him a bunch of times gushing about his passion for fat multi-volume theology treatises, sometimes even caressing such a treatise.

But what are these books that he always opens first to the "picture pages"? 

(I realize that everything he says about books, here and elsewhere, is probably an advertising slogan intended to sell himself to religious hirers or their book to nostalgic Jinger fans. But I find that annoying in a moralizing preacher......I wish he'd find something to say that's accurate.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I find this comment strange. 

I remember Jer's adventures with three kinds of books. I've seen him writing song lyrics in his journal with his fountain pens. Once or twice I've seen him with his first-year Greek textbook. And I've seen him a bunch of times gushing about his passion for fat multi-volume theology treatises, sometimes even caressing such a treatise.

But what are these books that he always opens first to the "picture pages"? 

True crime novels?

Biographies of celebrities?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

More expensive meals WOW

Every single thing they do that brings in any money must bring in at least five times as much as I'd expect it to. 

But how long can they sustain that? Lots of people who've been on TeeVee actually go broke or close to it! Especially if they go off tv. 

Guess Jesus must really go out of his way for them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

42A8B85D-374D-47D4-80E2-4C40FCD35C51.jpeg

I want to see HOPE. Who is she? An undocumented nanny, Jeremy's secret eleven-year-old child, Jeremy's ex-girlfriend who showed up one day, Jinger's secret lover, Evangeline's hidden twin, Felicity's imaginary friend, their long-suffering editor, a stray cat that comes by the house for leftovers? 

That's what I hope to see, not a pep talk from pretentious, wannabe celebrities who don't seem to do much more than pose for photos and eat out. 

And that restaurant shot:  If Jinger ate the salad on the plate, I'd be shocked. She's certainly not going to hit the bread basket and the massive dessert. God and RFP do not approve of women who eat too many carbs. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
38 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I hope that's a friend and not some stranger that they've splashed all over their instagram.

I assume it's a friend. But it sure doesn't look like a friend John MacArthur -- Mr. Biblical Gender Roles And Nothing But -- would approve of.....

Unless the guy has a lot of money he's willing to tithe with, perhaps. .... 

• Love 9

Oh, Lord. Just no. Jeremy's get-up reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer's character in Dangerous Minds. He looks like an algebra teacher trying to dress edgy so he can be reLaTAble to his inner city students. 

1477781175_Screenshot_20210424-1608112.thumb.png.104448092bbf4013756a57fb90a42cf0.png

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 20
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Oh, Lord. Just no. Jeremy's get-up reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer's character in Dangerous Minds. He looks like an algebra teacher trying to dress edgy so he can be reLaTAble to his inner city students. 

1477781175_Screenshot_20210424-1608112.thumb.png.104448092bbf4013756a57fb90a42cf0.png

He looks like an older guy cosplaying as a much younger guy. 🤣 He seriously looks like he's wearing a costume. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 9

Craig's is considered to be one of "The" places to be seen in Los Angeles. Loads of photographers are regularly parked outside to catch a glimpse of folks like Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston who are regulars at the spot.

I'd pay good money to watch RFP recognize "Monica" and "Rachel" and attempt to speak to them. GOOD. MONEY.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

Oh dear laws, Craig’s, the place the stars go to see and be seen.  How many paps fought their way through the crowd to snap them leaving.  The pretentiousness of it all.  Meek?

• LOL 14
  • Love 1