Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Zella said:

My mind is boggled by the sheer range of posts from them today. Look, here's me taking a picture of a burger! Look, here's me pretending to be excited about a flower! (Is this the most definitive evidence Jeremy cheated? LOL) Look, here's something inspirational for the start of your shitty week! Look, I have angel wings! I am exhausted typing all of that. 

It can be a commercial for bipolar medication. 

Their life is too unfocused and chaotic. 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, Zella said:

My mind is boggled by the sheer range of posts from them today. Look, here's me taking a picture of a burger! Look, here's me pretending to be excited about a flower! (Is this the most definitive evidence Jeremy cheated? LOL) Look, here's something inspirational for the start of your shitty week! Look, I have angel wings! I am exhausted typing all of that. 

Perhaps, if they were religious, they could pray for some clarity and focus?

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

We know Jinger has literally never had to get up and go to work on a Monday. And Jeremy, not often. That whole post makes me angry

Heck, just the fact that they equate the Monday blahs to biblical anxiety makes me think that the tales of suffering in their book are going to be... interesting... (or possibly the hilarity we all need right now). 

• Love 20
43 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Perhaps, if they were religious, they could pray for some clarity and focus?

I feel like I've had conversations with actual meth heads that had more continuity and internal logic and coherence than their posts lately. LOL

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The murals are cute, but why is Jinger dressed like she's about to rob a Wells Fargo?

Now that would make their book interesting 🤣🤣🤣. Jing and Jeremy robbers on the run! 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

The murals are cute, but why is Jinger dressed like she's about to rob a Wells Fargo?

That's Plan B if the influencer gigs and MacArthur don't pan out. 😄 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 17

Although Jeremy oversimplifies it, anxious thoughts are often about the future and depressive thoughts are often about the past. The quotes are good quotes to emphasize mindfulness/staying in the moment, which is a great skill in reducing both anxiety and depression symptoms.

His post worked on me, he's kind of piqued my interest in what's in the book. But my interest is more to 'fact check' it and see where they fuck up in doling out their advice.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I may be hallucinating again, but I have a feeling I've seen that angel-wings picture before. Maybe this is old stuff? 

She has the dark hair hidden under the cap. It may be recent. Also if it was an older pic, Felicity would probably be in it too.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She has the dark hair hidden under the cap. It may be recent. Also if it was an older pic, Felicity would probably be in it too.

Yeah, I may have just seen somebody else with the wings. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Hey, toolbag.  Rather than getting the PERFECT &%$^ shot of a freaking HAMBURGER, go HOME and change some diapers and do some laundry and take your babies for a walk to the park so your wife can take a nap or maybe work on refunding money to the people who bought your Nope and Nope crap or literally ANYTHING than posting a picture of yourself taking a burger-grifting picture.

How is this man supposed to be in school?  Do we have evidence that he's actually studying anything except his face in the mirror?

Okay. He's holding out a burger that's partly unwrapped like he's about to chomp into it. And - wearing a mask. Perhaps being intentionally ironic? 

• LOL 10
43 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Hey, toolbag.  Rather than getting the PERFECT &%$^ shot of a freaking HAMBURGER, go HOME and change some diapers and do some laundry and take your babies for a walk to the park so your wife can take a nap or maybe work on refunding money to the people who bought your Nope and Nope crap or literally ANYTHING than posting a picture of yourself taking a burger-grifting picture.

How is this man supposed to be in school?  Do we have evidence that he's actually studying anything except his face in the mirror?

MacArthur's notoriously granted degrees to favorites before for doing essentially nothing, according to critics among his ex-students and ex-faculty. So since Jer knows he's a favorite, he's probably sure he can just kind of bumble along and ultimately claim his free degree anyway. 

Since he was a varsity athlete at two schools in the past, he may have some prior experience with that kind of thing, too, I fear. (Not saying this happens in all circumstances. Or that he did abysmal work at those schools. But Jer's clearly a person who's fond of half-assing things while still believing he should get full credit and probably a big reward....) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

MacArthur's notoriously granted degrees to favorites before for doing essentially nothing, according to critics among his ex-students and ex-faculty. So since Jer knows he's a favorite, he's probably sure he can just kind of bumble along and ultimately claim his free degree anyway. 

I think this is exactly what's happening here, but Jeremy may be in danger of overplaying his hand. I would assume that, in the past, most of MacArthur's protégés who have been rewarded with degrees for basically doing nothing have kept a fairly low profile. Perhaps they strutted around the campus and lorded it over their less-favored fellow students, but they didn't advertise their privileged status with a social media blast. Jeremy is constantly showing off and giving everyone the impression that he is not being required to do any serious work at all. MacArthur has had to deal with accusations of favoritism in the past and he's always bluffed his way through, but he probably feels that he doesn't need any more bad publicity. People are talking about Jeremy and wondering what the hell is going on. Maybe right now, they're people MacArthur doesn't care about, but eventually they will be. If Jeremy pushes it too far, he may suddenly find himself on his mentor's bad side (and I have a feeling that MacArthur can be very nasty when he turns on someone).

Of course, MacArthur may still be laboring under the belief that Jinger's fanbase can be turned to his advantage and that Jeremy's mad skillz as an "influencer" make him a good investment, but eventually he's going to see that nothing's happening for him there.

• Love 12

Does anybody think they have any idea at all how ridiculous they are seen by the rest of the world?  Do they care? 

Surely somebody they know tells them..ummm...maybe....ummm...a friend or family member trying to be kind?

I can't imagine my friend going on and on and me saying nothing to spare them.  But then again would they listen?

• Love 4

I'm trying to figure out what "Hope We Hold" and "Hope and Stead" have to do with photographing expensive hamburgers and fancy soy lattes for social media.  I could snark theorize that Jere is "Holding Hope" that he's going to get free grub or get discovered as America's Next Top Model, but in all honesty nothing he says matches up with what he posts.  It's like he can't be bothered to actually try, or - more likely - he's delusional enough to think that his name recognition alone (even though it's his wife's name that's going to be more familiar) is all he needs for their book to climb to the top of the NYT best-selling list...allowing him to sit back and watch the money roll in and order more pocket squares and fountain pens from Pretentious 'R Us.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm trying to figure out what "Hope We Hold" and "Hope and Stead" have to do with photographing expensive hamburgers and fancy soy lattes for social media.  I could snark theorize that Jere is "Holding Hope" that he's going to get free grub or get discovered as America's Next Top Model, but in all honesty nothing he says matches up with what he posts.  It's like he can't be bothered to actually try, or - more likely - he's delusional enough to think that his name recognition alone (even though it's his wife's name that's going to be more familiar) is all he needs for their book to climb to the top of the NYT best-selling list...allowing him to sit back and watch the money roll in and order more pocket squares and fountain pens from Pretentious 'R Us.

The fun thing with book royalties is it can take months for the money to come rolling in.  We don't know if they have an agent or if they got an advance for this. Agents help you to negotiate your book deal, but they take a cut from your side of the profit including the advance.  And the advance is just what it sounds like--a loan by your publisher under the assumption that your book will sell given to you to help keep the lights on while you write the book.  Royalties don't kick in until you sell enough copies that your portion of the profit exceeds the advance.  And then they get paid out quarterly.  Some authors never earn royalties because they do not earn out their advance.  Other authors wait years until they start to get royalty checks.  With a book like this one, I think it's safe to assume no one will be buying it next year let alone 5 years from now.  

Oh, and if you don't earn out your advance, then you have to pay your publisher back the balance.  

• Useful 15
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jeremy wept into his pocket square realizing that he will have to pay back the $

@Ohiopirate02

I don't think that many authors ever really pay back the money though.  Publishers are wary to risk too much money on unknown authors so the advances are low.  And in the case of the Vuolo's, they know their product has an expiration date.  They are banking on enough of Jinger's followers to buy the book in the first week to at least break even.  And that will most likely happen.  That would be enough copies to cover a modest advance.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Look, here's me pretending to be excited about a flower!

What a cheap bastard presenting her with something out of the yard.  You can go to most grocery stores and get a colorful bouquet of carnations for less than what he's spending on that hamburger.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

What a cheap bastard presenting her with something out of the yard.  You can go to most grocery stores and get a colorful bouquet of carnations for less than what he's spending on that hamburger.

and yet she is so shocked/surprised/happy in the faux photo for the followers

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

What’s wrong with flowers from the yard? Why waste $ at a florist? 

It was a joke post for sure. I doubt Jeremy does anything romantic for his wife. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Someone on facebook mentioned that in a blow-up of the flower picture, they saw what appeared to be a lockbox on the front door.  Is their house for sale?

Some are claiming the lock-box has been there from day one.  Who knows?

• Useful 4
4 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Some are claiming the lock-box has been there from day one.  Who knows?

i thought it was just a keyless/keycode entry thing with maybe a camera. We have had the key code entry things on our doors for several years and our house has never been for sale with a lockbox

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Meanwhile, here's the Twitter account of two women who wrote a book that Worthy Publishing put out last month, The Miracle Collectors. Screenshots of it and of the Vs' social media would work perfectly to define "overachiever" and "underachiever" in a visual dictionary. 

https://twitter.com/collectmiracles

They've actually tried to find intriguing, fun and helpful things that might actually attract people to their book. How in the world did they think of doing something like that???? And they've been doing it for months now. 😮

Of course, their tweets also sound like they were written by people who could, you know, actually write a book. And like people who are interested in the book they, you know, wrote. (for the opposite: See the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT video by J and J.) 

When the publisher's staff look at J and J's efforts they must pull out their hair and say, "Why? Why? Why?' 

Ironically, though, I'm betting J and J will sell as well as or even better than these two inspired, hard-working women. I think it's hard to overestimate the power of fandom and TeeVee celebrity, unfortunately. 

Joan Luise Hill & Katie Mahon

@collectmiracles

What if you were to die tomorrow? How would that change how you lived today? At the end of each chapter of #TheMiracleCollectorsBook we have challenges to help you live each day better. Learn more at link in profile. #miracle #love #joy #hope #faith #Gandhi

image.thumb.png.d46080bf7de1c5c44c13b3c6b243f385.png

Joan Luise Hill & Katie Mahon

@collectmiracles

·Mar 30

Miracles come in all shapes & sizes. Readers share they have stumbled on just the right book in a #littlefreelibrary at just the right time. We shared a copy in Aspen-next day it was gone. I like to think of the places it will go #miraclecollectors #aspen https://themiraclecollectors.com

image.png.8b3280a4576853d9f4af6f82a05c282a.png

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

i thought it was just a keyless/keycode entry thing with maybe a camera. We have had the key code entry things on our doors for several years and our house has never been for sale with a lockbox

Yeah, I think it's a keycode entry lock. My next door neighbors have one that looks exactly like it. They just moved in a couple years  ago and they got that lock installed as soon as they did. Before that they had the old-fashioned locks that the rest of us have. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I think it's a keycode entry lock. My next door neighbors have one that looks exactly like it. They just moved in a couple years  ago and they got that lock installed as soon as they did. Before that they had the old-fashioned locks that the rest of us have. 

The padlock like thing hanging on the door handle is a keycode lock?

7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The padlock like thing hanging on the door handle is a keycode lock?

my mistake - i was looking at the top lock thing and not the lower doorknob. yeah that thing looks like a lockbox

• Love 1