Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with their book, since that picture was taken at the same time as the book picture. 

983BEF8C-1925-45C1-9AF3-7C7BEDCCBA90.jpeg

That’s what I’m thinking, also. But then again it’s Jeremy and Jinger, they use and reuse pictures that have nothing to do with a subject they post about. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

983BEF8C-1925-45C1-9AF3-7C7BEDCCBA90.jpeg

That’s what I’m thinking, also. But then again it’s Jeremy and Jinger, they use and reuse pictures that have nothing to do with a subject they post about. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I just noticed the author in the description - by Jeremy Vuolo. No Jinger.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The rude, tone deaf, terminally self-centered, dumbass with zero savvy or business sense rides again. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

FWIW, she pops up in the description when I just searched for it on my laptop (though JereMe is listed first). Searching for it on my mobile phone yields the Jeremy only result. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The rude, tone deaf, terminally self-centered, dumbass with zero savvy or business sense rides again. 

12 minutes ago, Zella said:

FWIW, she pops up in the description when I just searched for it on my laptop (though JereMe is listed first). Searching for it on my mobile phone yields the Jeremy only result. 

Both of their names are on the book - above the title. I'm guessing it was the error of whoever wrote description for the website page.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Both of their names are on the book - above the title. I'm guessing it was the error of whoever wrote description for the website page.

I don't think it's an error. They are using both names on the cover because Jinger has some name recognition, but when it comes to the "intellectual" work of writing the book -- obviously, that Big Brain Jeremy.

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think it's an error. They are using both names on the cover because Jinger has some name recognition, but when it comes to the "intellectual" work of writing the book -- obviously, that Big Brain Jeremy.

"The Hope We Hold: Finding Peace in the Promises of God Hardcover – May 4, 2021

by Jeremy Vuolo (Author), Jinger Vuolo (Author)"

(edited)
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hope so. 

As you can tell, I wouldn't put it past Jer! 

18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"The Hope We Hold: Finding Peace in the Promises of God Hardcover – May 4, 2021

by Jeremy Vuolo (Author), Jinger Vuolo (Author)"

Thank goodness. 

Especially important since actually neither of them wrote it. 😁

Jeremy is, however, a massive sexist pig. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
57 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I used to think that Ben was the epitome of pathetic, desperate Duggar in law, back when he and Jessa first married and he would tag along on speaking gigs that didn't list him as a speaker. He would autograph pictures that people lined up for her to sign. But Jeremy? He takes it to a whole new level. He HAS to know that it's not his name that's the draw, and yet...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, lascuba said:

He takes it to a whole new level. He HAS to know that it's not his name that's the draw, and yet...

Mentioning they are “stars” of a TLC show must be an important “fact”. 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I'd love to have an off-the-record talk with the people at the publisher about this book. 

It's a Christian imprint, so I'm sure the staff is used to taking shit writing and turning it into mediocre.  Here's one of their other books set to be published next year--

Not on My Watch:  how to win the fight for family, faith, and freedom by Elizabeth Johnston--

The Activist Mommy, a social media sensation with over 70 million video views, leads the way for today's Christians in the culture war.

News headlines point to a world that has gone stark-raving mad. Right is wrong and wrong is right. Religious liberty is under attack. Gender identity and fluidity is not only accepted but encouraged. Same-sex marriage is embraced by some churches. Deviant sexual practices are taught in schools. Hundreds of thousands of babies are aborted annually. "No more!" cries Elizabeth Johnston (aka The Activist Mommy), who has made Christian activism a calling for her life and her family. In Not on My Watch, Johnston courageously defends the timeless truths of God's Word and inspires and encourages other Christians to unite in winning this war for our children, our morals, our freedom, and our culture.

Then later this year they are publishing Porsha Williams memoir.  Porsha is one of the Real Housewives of Atlanta and, well bless her heart, is dumb.  Her grandfather was Hosea Williams known as the muscle behind Dr. King.  But in one episode of the show Porsha thought the Underground Railroad was an actual train underground.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

My bet is we've given more thought to why that picture was posted than Jeremy. And definitely more than Jinger since I'm pretty sure Jeremy doesn't involve her in media posts.

• Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, Zella said:

Guys, the big news is obviously that Jeremy got another fancy pocket square or scored some free doughnuts. 🤣

You're right, it's obviously news of some importance.   How could we all have missed it? 

Edited by Tikichick
  • LOL 15

In all seriousness, the snarkers of reddit noticed she already has a highlights thing for the book set up. I don't think they have ever announced it, so my guess is they are going to announce the pending book release. It wouldn't surprise me if us snarkers having known for months makes us better informed than the leghumpers. Lol

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It's a Christian imprint, so I'm sure the staff is used to taking shit writing and turning it into mediocre.  Here's one of their other books set to be published next year--

Not on My Watch:  how to win the fight for family, faith, and freedom by Elizabeth Johnston--

The Activist Mommy, a social media sensation with over 70 million video views, leads the way for today's Christians in the culture war.

News headlines point to a world that has gone stark-raving mad. Right is wrong and wrong is right. Religious liberty is under attack. Gender identity and fluidity is not only accepted but encouraged. Same-sex marriage is embraced by some churches. Deviant sexual practices are taught in schools. Hundreds of thousands of babies are aborted annually. "No more!" cries Elizabeth Johnston (aka The Activist Mommy), who has made Christian activism a calling for her life and her family. In Not on My Watch, Johnston courageously defends the timeless truths of God's Word and inspires and encourages other Christians to unite in winning this war for our children, our morals, our freedom, and our culture.

Then later this year they are publishing Porsha Williams memoir.  Porsha is one of the Real Housewives of Atlanta and, well bless her heart, is dumb.  Her grandfather was Hosea Williams known as the muscle behind Dr. King.  But in one episode of the show Porsha thought the Underground Railroad was an actual train underground.

When I commented on wanting an off-the-record chat with the publisher, I was actually less interested in who wrote the book (because I think it was a given that the manuscript they received was shit) and more in interested in how irritated they probably are with the shitty/nonexisting marketing these two losers are doing. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

When I commented on wanting an off-the-record chat with the publisher, I was actually less interested in who wrote the book (because I think it was a given that the manuscript they received was shit) and more in interested in how irritated they probably are with the shitty/nonexisting marketing these two losers are doing. 

I can see that.  I remember reading about how their imprint was relaunching and the Vuolo's book is supposed to be their flashy first release.  That was reported back in the fall.   wonder if something happened behind the scenes where Worthy decided not to promote it.  A quick peek at both of their Twiiter shows zero pinned tweets about the book.  Same thing with their Instagram.  Most authors have pre-order links right there for months in advance and then schedule tweets/posts regularly to remind their followers.  Someone from Worthy or their agent should have given them this basic information.  Or their publisher is just as incompetent as them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Yep. There's a reason that publishers now weigh your pre-existing social media and other platforms, especially though not only digital ones, heavily when they're deciding whether to publish you or not. To get the deal, you're expected to work hard on your own PR....and do a good job with it.....

While publishers used to drive all book PR, in many if not most cases today they expect to just fill in gaps in the author's personal efforts.  

The Vuolos were able to present some quite tempting-looking platforms, full of apparent followers and fans, but with Jer driving the PR bus, both the "hard work" and the "good job" are clearly off the table.  He seems to be pretty lazy and, as he's proven over and over, he apparently can't market for beans. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can see that.  I remember reading about how their imprint was relaunching and the Vuolo's book is supposed to be their flashy first release.  That was reported back in the fall.   wonder if something happened behind the scenes where Worthy decided not to promote it.  A quick peek at both of their Twiiter shows zero pinned tweets about the book.  Same thing with their Instagram.  Most authors have pre-order links right there for months in advance and then schedule tweets/posts regularly to remind their followers.  Someone from Worthy or their agent should have given them this basic information.  Or their publisher is just as incompetent as them.

Yes it's just very weird for them not to have been promoting it from the minute everything was confirmed. 

I can't help but think the publisher would also be super pissed with them flailing around with their business right before a book comes out. It's never a good time to look like you shit people out of money on unfulfilled orders or broken merchandise but right before you release a book that's all about how Christian you are is just all kinds of bad optics. 

At this point, I wonder if both parties just want this over with, so they can move on. Lol

27 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep. There's a reason that publishers now weigh your pre-existing social media and other platforms, especially though not only digital ones, heavily when they're deciding whether to publish you or not. To get the deal, you're expected to work hard on your own PR....and do a good job with it.....

While publishers used to drive all book PR, in many if not most cases today they expect to just fill in gaps in the author's personal efforts.  

The Vuolos were able to present some quite tempting-looking platforms, full of apparent followers and fans, but with Jer driving the PR bus, both the hard work and the good job are probably off the table.  He seems to be pretty lazy and, as he's proven over and over, he apparently can't market for beans. 

Yes book sales moving online really upended the traditional ways books were marketed. I'm sure the only thing really appealing about them was their potential social media platform and I would be shocked if there weren't a lot of talks about them using that as part of the book deal being finalized,  but I think the publisher was foolish not to see red flags even before things seemed to get weird. 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes it's just very weird for them not to have been promoting it from the minute everything was confirmed. 

I can't help but think the publisher would also be super pissed with them flailing around with their business right before a book comes out. It's never a good time to look like you shit people out of money on unfulfilled orders or broken merchandise but right before you release a book that's all about how Christian you are is just all kinds of bad optics. 

At this point, I wonder if both parties just want this over with, so they can move on. Lol

Yes book sales moving online really upended the traditional ways books were marketed. I'm sure the only thing really appealing about them was their potential social media platform and I would be shocked if there weren't a lot of talks about them using that as part of the book deal being finalized,  but I think the publisher was foolish not to see red flags even before things seemed to get weird. 

I was just looking up an author I follow on Twitter.  She has a book coming out in June and her header photo is promoting the book followed by a link to her preferred bookstore for preorders.  Because preorders are the biggest metric right now for book sales.  People are not shopping in person and buying books online**.  The algorithms for most booksellers especially Amazon is to show people the most popular books.  If you don't have thousands of preorders lined up, then your book doesn't show up on the first page.  The audience for this book is readymade and both Jinger and Jeremy are shitting on it.  I also noticed that none of the popular review sources reviewed this book.  I can order it for my library from our vendor, but they also have done nothing to promote it.  It does not show up on the new release calendar for May.  This means that little to no public libraries will buy it for their collection, further reducing the number of sales.  

**Relying on bookstores to handsell your book is one of the worst ways to sell a book even before covid.  

• Useful 12
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Zella said:

Guys, the big news is obviously that Jeremy got another fancy pocket square or scored some free doughnuts. 🤣

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Now that they've got aprons to sell maybe it qualifies as a "big announcement' every time they're photographed pretending to bake something. 

8 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I would totally buy a 

breakout stars apron 

NOT

I feel the consensus has finally made the issue clear.    It is obviously an apron with a pocket square.

Bet @iwantcookies is eating her words now and scrambling for her credit card to be first in line to place an order!

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder if this isn't in response to the publisher calling them and screaming, "We're gonna demand your advance back if you don't start promoting this book hard and immediately! and stop selling other crap NOW!!!!" when the company noticed that a mere four weeks before the book release, Jer and Jingle weren't saying a word about the book but were instead launching a whole other set of things for their fans to spend money on. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13
(edited)
15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It sounds riveting. Full of surprises. And insights.

I like how the big news apparently is  "We don't have all the answers"

Luckily for them, I'm sure they have Jinger has multiple tens of thousands of diehard leghumpers who'll pick up the book even after they buy an apron at the store. 

Celebrity-culture-taken-to-its-idiotic-limits is a deep insult to good writers everywhere. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

I still cannot believe the pricing on their book.  $26 for the hardcover, $13.99 for the ebook when it is barely 200 pages.  The list of authors I am willing to pay more than 10 bucks on their ebook does not include Jeremy.  And I'm not paying 26 for the hardcover of I book I would hate-read.  I just preordered a book for $27, but it will be signed by my gay Twitter Dad and hopefully include the fact that she is proud of me.  I had a laugh typing that part out on the order form.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9

I can imagine the book is just going to be a bunch of fluff and inspiration bullcrap and no real interesting details as well as a bunch of lies to make them look better.  Now, if one of the Duggars actually wrote a tell-all full of inside info that nobody knows, I would definitely pay $20+ for the read.   

• Love 16
(edited)

The "reviews" (in the section usually labeled "Editorial Reviews") at Amazon suggest to me that there's a certain, um, vagueness to the book ... 😁

“This hard-to-put-down memoir is a personal invitation from Jinger and Jeremy to meet the hope we all need.” (What? "To meet the hope?" I know he means "Jesus," but.....strange verb choice there, buddy.)
 ―Tony Reinke, author of 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You

“Hope is life's most valuable asset and it's found only in one place. In this book, Jeremy and Jinger guide you straight to the source. Don't just read this book—use it as a lamp to guide your feet, your family, and your faith to the wellspring of life.”
 ―Dale and Veronica Partridge, Founders or Relearn.org and UltimateMarriage.com     ("Ultimate Marriage website: "For her, it means she chooses to follow me—in battle or beauty, while safe or risky, in clarity or uncertainty. It means she does not turn to any other man for spiritual direction. It means she respects me and protects my reputation in all moments of life.....................To the world, it may look old-fashioned or outdated or even oppressive, but.....You cannot renovate God’s blueprint for marriage."     Just in case we forget that Jer is not an enlightened modern man who's different from JB and the other Duggar males. 

“This book takes the reader through the journey of their life together. Through pages of glory and suffering, we see the word “hope” sketched out in a magnificent portrait that illustrates what it is to truly be rooted and grounded in the very fountain of hope, The Lord Jesus Christ. May He bless this book and all who read.”
 ―Cade Foehner & Gabby Barrett, Country Music stars (Jer's crush and his wife...) 

“Jeremy and Jinger continue to leverage every ounce of their notoriety (????) to point us all towards true and lasting hope. We could not be more thankful for them. The book you hold in your hands contains the hope that they hold. That hope can be yours. Let them show you the way.” 
 ―Costi & Christyne Hinn, authors of More Than a Healer  (Benny Hinn's nephew, who opposes Benny's form of prosperity gospel but lurrrves the more stealth variety espoused by Jer and Jonny Mac,)

"We laughed and cried reading this book! It was wonderful to reminisce about the journey God has brought these two on, and to see their hope in Christ highlighted through the highs and lows. Much to our surprise, we even learned some new things about them both! We think you’ll enjoy this inside look as much as we have."―Jessa and Ben Seewald   (Wait....they're not STARS? Jessa has 800,000 more followers than Jinger....Surely that makes her a star of some variety...)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 23
32 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder if this isn't in response to the publisher calling them and screaming, "We're gonna demand your advance back if you don't start promoting this book hard and immediately! and stop selling other crap NOW!!!!" when the company noticed that a mere four weeks before the book release, Jer and Jingle weren't saying a word about the book but were instead launching a whole other set of things for their fans to spend money on. 

Jeremy and Jinger looked like two people who rolled out of bed and realized, "Shit, we gotta post that promo video by ten or they're gonna be on our ass again." The book appears to be very low on the totem pole of priorities. 

18 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I can imagine the book is just going to be a bunch of fluff and inspiration bullcrap and no real interesting details as well as a bunch of lies to make them look better.  Now, if one of the Duggars actually wrote a tell-all full of inside info that nobody knows, I would definitely pay $20+ for the read.   

Exactly. It's going to be a rehash of everything we already know. Jinger teased a "crazy story," but we all know that will turn out to be a big nothingburger. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The "reviews" (from friends and family) at Amazon suggest to me that there's a certain, um, vagueness to the book ...😁

wait what??? no review from Hilaria?? woman is slacking attaching her self to Jase and not the "breakout stars" 😂

• LOL 19
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

wait what??? no review from Hilaria?? woman is slacking attaching her self to Jase and not the "breakout stars" 😂

Maybe she's fallen a little behind as she struggles to perfect the review....It is hard to imagine her not taking every possible opportunity to tempt the Duggars to adopt her. 😁

When her review goes live, it'll be the best review of all! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

“This book takes the reader through the journey of their life together. Through pages of glory and suffering, we see the word “hope” sketched out in a magnificent portrait that illustrates what it is to truly be rooted and grounded in the very fountain of hope, The Lord Jesus Christ. May He bless this book and all who read.”
 ―Cade Foehner & Gabby Barrett, Country Music stars (Jer's crush and his wife...) 

Why do I get the feeling that the suffering detailed in the book will all be about Jeremy?  I really don't see Jinger actually talking about her parents and Josh--which is her right.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I still cannot believe the pricing on their book.  $26 for the hardcover, $13.99 for the ebook when it is barely 200 pages.  The list of authors I am willing to pay more than 10 bucks on their ebook does not include Jeremy.  And I'm not paying 26 for the hardcover of I book I would hate-read.  I just preordered a book for $27, but it will be signed by my gay Twitter Dad and hopefully include the fact that she is proud of me.  I had a laugh typing that part out on the order 

Who determines the price of a book? The author, the publisher or someone else? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

“Jeremy and Jinger continue to leverage every ounce of their notoriety (????)

I do not think it means what you think it means.” – Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride.

One of my favorite YouTube couples have written a book about marriage that I have no interest in buying, mainly because I'm not married. But, they've been married for 18-20 years and are very entertaining so if I was going to buy a book on marriage I could reasonably expect to learn something worthwhile. All Jer & Jing's book is going to teach me is to bring all my problems to a god I don't believe in.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10