Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I suppose it's possible to look at them here and not think they're kind of pathetic? I'd say making asses of themselves but it's way too boring for that....I have a hard time seeing who would ever see these photos as....aspirational? interesting? witty? .... whatever it is they're trying to portray, since it doesn't seem to be any of those? ....

Could there be a demographic they're aiming at that they think'll be impressed or amused instead of just saying "meh" or "huh?" It can't possibly be the young....So...is it the old?

It kind of reminds me of the Clare and Justin "funny" face photo from the other day....But that was just one photo, and they're basically teenagers....and they didn't actually post the photo. This is a whole routine...

Although I suppose both situations could be summed up as .... Duggar-and-Adjacent Culture. 

• Love 19
On 4/23/2021 at 7:41 PM, ginger90 said:

42A8B85D-374D-47D4-80E2-4C40FCD35C51.jpeg

Someone commented on their IG that they had ordered the book but were told that they won’t receive it until June 4th.  WTH is up with that???

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
43 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Someone commented on their IG that they had ordered the book but were told that they won’t receive it until June 4th.  WTH is up with that???

The Pandemic maybe?

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The Pandemic maybe?

I doubt it. I have preordered books during the pandemic, and they have all arrived on the release date. IMO, something well beyond the pandemic is the cause for this. I wonder if it is related to the title seeming to change last minute.*

*Though on Goodreads now it's The Hope We Hold, so maybe they got that straightened out. But still I don't think the delay of a month in shipping has anything to do with the pandemic.  

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

h3yys3vkh8v61.jpg

Jeremy Fall -- Another Cade-type Jer crush? Only without the Calvinism? (Tsk, tsk...What will Johnny M think???) ...

In a way, I'm  sure, since this is another person who's minor but nevertheless a somewhat bigger celeb than Jer/Jingle.....and, like Cade/Gabby, a small celeb who's apparently done some stuff as a tangible basis for his celebrity.

(Wonder if Jer registers at all the diff between his "celebrity" and that of these other people that he links himself to? ... i.e., that they appear to have at least some actual talents that they've actually cultivated seriously....)

Another thought on Jer's student life.....Somehow, as a full-time grad student with a supposed campus job and two kids and a podcast and an intermittent reality show etc, he somehow has time to find and pursue celebs he figures he can latch onto, like Cade/Gabby and this guy. .....

And I know Jer was the pursuer in the case of Cade/Gabby. Because Gabby's recounted somewhere how Jer suddenly started trying to buddy up to Cade on social media and she was leery about it, wondering who the heck this pursuer was. 

And I doubt that Jeremy Fall came after Jer either. Pretty sure it would've been the other way around.....

Also....I think we now know that Jer/Jingle got a free lunch at Craig's out of this. So that clears up the money picture for this event, at least. 

On a "positive" note for Jer -- He definitely is the sucker-upper to end all sucker-uppers.......I guess the story of his life will tell just how far that can take you, in the absence of virtually any other success-related qualities....

So far, it can get you, among other things, a head-preacher position in Laredo, TX, for which you have literally no background or preparation; a free four-year-long master's degree including, apparently, free (or ultra-cheap) housing for the duration; and a free lunch at Craig's. 

From Wikipedia: -- Jeremy Fall (born August 3, 1990) is an American restaurateur and the CEO and co-founder of the J. Fall Group.[1] He currently runs three full-service restaurants in LA and one in Chicago. He has been featured on several network television series, including Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Going Off the Menu.[2]

At the age of 16, following an internship promoting local night clubs, Fall launched his first venture, Mad City Entertainment, a Los Angeles artist management and event production company. In 2008, while attending Occidental College, Fall launched his second endeavor, Cliché Magazine, a digital magazine focused on fashion and music. Fall credits the inspiration and success of the magazine to his extensive use of MySpace and Facebook during his event promotion days.[3

In 2014, at the age of 24, Fall sprung into the hospitality scene with the opening of 3 bars. His first was Genesis, a pop-up bar and nightclub located in a vintage Hollywood attic.[4][5] His second pop-up bar, Golden Box was inspired by the 1980s Manhattan night club scene and opened in the former LA Writers Room[6] and in December 2014, Fall re-opened the former Skid-Row Los Angeles dive bar, King Eddy Saloon.[7]

In January 2016, Fall opened his first restaurant: late-night breakfast and cocktail establishment Nighthawk: Breakfast Bar in Venice, California.[8] His inspiration for the concept was, "a melting pot of world cultures and flavors, mixed with my nostalgia for American diners."[9] Nighthawk is known for its lineup of original cocktails, including alcoholic cereal milk and it is included on Eater.com's list of "Hottest Bars from Coast to Coast" in North America.[10] The restaurants success lead to the opening of a second location, Nighthawk: AM, a daytime takeout version of the themed restaurant in Chicago.[11]

CLOTHES!!!!!

After selling Cliché Magazine in September 2011, Fall created the clothing line FALL.[14] In conjunction with this brand, he collaborated with mixed-media visual artist Jonni Cheatwood to hand paint select FALL clothing pieces and create artwork for the line's lookbook to, "bridge the gap between fine art and fashion."[15] The duo also collaborated on a series of Woodstock-inspired posters for the 2014 Coachella festival[16] which were featured on Lindsay Lohan's official website.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Fall

Later that year, Fall collaborated with chef Alvin Cailan of Eggslut to open walk-up burger stand Easy's in Chinatown, LA.[12] He also announced the acquisition and renovation of a Highland Park bodega, Tinfoil: Liquor & Grocery, and opened a "speakeasy" deli section in the back of the store.[13]

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 10
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

So basically this Fall guy is using J&J's minor celebrity for publicitiy?   Interesting.  Of course Jerm eats it up, literally and figuratively.

Yep. Just like Cade. And MacArthur. 

Who knows how long this string will continue? 

• Love 9

Suppose he could've met this guy through his landlord's  almsgiver's son, the LA social-media foodie, with whom Jer has often hung out (in lieu of hanging out with his seminary classmates...or doing, you know, homework...). 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Zella said:

I doubt it. I have preordered books during the pandemic, and they have all arrived on the release date. IMO, something well beyond the pandemic is the cause for this. I wonder if it is related to the title seeming to change last minute.*

*Though on Goodreads now it's The Hope We Hold, so maybe they got that straightened out. But still I don't think the delay of a month in shipping has anything to do with the pandemic.  

Someone on Reddit who's a Goodreads librarian said they went ahead and changed the title themself.

Jeremy and Jinger can't even get their own shit right 😆

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pinke said:

Someone on Reddit who's a Goodreads librarian said they went ahead and changed the title themself.

Jeremy and Jinger can't even get their own shit right 😆

Bahahahahaha that is awesome! 

• LOL 9

Alcoholic cereal milk sounds interesting! I would check out that Venice Beach bar if I could. Doesn’t sound at all up Jinjer’s alley, though. An odd pairing that makes no sense.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 5

Jeremy Fall is everything that Jeremy Vuolo wants to be. Food AND clothes??? I mean this is the real Jeremy V in a nutshell. Dump the seminary crap, JerBear, because let's be real, it's not really you.

And between Jeremy Fall and Jeremy Roloff, that's a lot of Jeremys happening here. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I want to have a contest between Germ and Jilly on who can grift the best 🤣

Forget about contest.  In my dreams, they’re married.  If there’s ever been two people who deserve each other, it’s Jermy and JRod!

32 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Alcoholic cereal milk sounds interesting! I would check out that Venice Beach bar if I could. Doesn’t sound at all up Jinger’s alley, though. An odd pairing that makes no sense.

I just checked out Nighthawk: Breakfast Bar’s menu, and I want to eat there!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/24/2021 at 2:28 PM, Churchhoney said:

I find this comment strange. 

I remember Jer's adventures with three kinds of books. I've seen him writing song lyrics in his journal with his fountain pens. Once or twice I've seen him with his first-year Greek textbook. And I've seen him a bunch of times gushing about his passion for fat multi-volume theology treatises, sometimes even caressing such a treatise.

But what are these books that he always opens first to the "picture pages"? 

(I realize that everything he says about books, here and elsewhere, is probably an advertising slogan intended to sell himself to religious hirers or their book to nostalgic Jinger fans. But I find that annoying in a moralizing preacher......I wish he'd find something to say that's accurate.)

Dear Jeremy, Catalogs for overpriced sneakers, pens, and pocket squares are not picture books. There is a reason to look at catalog pictures first. Also, just to let you know in advance, websites and online catalogs are not ebooks. 

Edited by EVS
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, EVS said:

Dear Jeremy, Catalogs for overpriced sneakers, pens, and pocket squares are not picture books. There is a reason to look at catalog pictures first. Also, just to let you know in advance, websites and online catalogs are not ebooks. 

You mean that they are not picture books now my life is ruined forever 😭

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Forget about contest.  In my dreams, they’re married.  If there’s ever been two people who deserve each other, it’s Jermy and JRod!

I just checked out Nighthawk: Breakfast Bar’s menu, and I want to eat there!

Me too!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Jeremy Fall -- Another Cade-type Jer crush? Only without the Calvinism? (Tsk, tsk...What will Johnny M think???) ...

In a way, I'm  sure, since this is another person who's minor but nevertheless a somewhat bigger celeb than Jer/Jingle.....and, like Cade/Gabby, a small celeb who's apparently done some stuff as a tangible basis for his celebrity.

(Wonder if Jer registers at all the diff between his "celebrity" and that of these other people that he links himself to? ... i.e., that they appear to have at least some actual talents that they've actually cultivated seriously....)

Another thought on Jer's student life.....Somehow, as a full-time grad student with a supposed campus job and two kids and a podcast and an intermittent reality show etc, he somehow has time to find and pursue celebs he figures he can latch onto, like Cade/Gabby and this guy. .....

And I know Jer was the pursuer in the case of Cade/Gabby. Because Gabby's recounted somewhere how Jer suddenly started trying to buddy up to Cade on social media and she was leery about it, wondering who the heck this pursuer was. 

And I doubt that Jeremy Fall came after Jer either. Pretty sure it would've been the other way around.....

Also....I think we now know that Jer/Jingle got a free lunch at Craig's out of this. So that clears up the money picture for this event, at least. 

On a "positive" note for Jer -- He definitely is the sucker-upper to end all sucker-uppers.......I guess the story of his life will tell just how far that can take you, in the absence of virtually any other success-related qualities....

So far, it can get you, among other things, a head-preacher position in Laredo, TX, for which you have literally no background or preparation; a free four-year-long master's degree including, apparently, free (or ultra-cheap) housing for the duration; and a free lunch at Craig's. 

From Wikipedia: -- Jeremy Fall (born August 3, 1990) is an American restaurateur and the CEO and co-founder of the J. Fall Group.[1] He currently runs three full-service restaurants in LA and one in Chicago. He has been featured on several network television series, including Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Going Off the Menu.[2]

At the age of 16, following an internship promoting local night clubs, Fall launched his first venture, Mad City Entertainment, a Los Angeles artist management and event production company. In 2008, while attending Occidental College, Fall launched his second endeavor, Cliché Magazine, a digital magazine focused on fashion and music. Fall credits the inspiration and success of the magazine to his extensive use of MySpace and Facebook during his event promotion days.[3

In 2014, at the age of 24, Fall sprung into the hospitality scene with the opening of 3 bars. His first was Genesis, a pop-up bar and nightclub located in a vintage Hollywood attic.[4][5] His second pop-up bar, Golden Box was inspired by the 1980s Manhattan night club scene and opened in the former LA Writers Room[6] and in December 2014, Fall re-opened the former Skid-Row Los Angeles dive bar, King Eddy Saloon.[7]

In January 2016, Fall opened his first restaurant: late-night breakfast and cocktail establishment Nighthawk: Breakfast Bar in Venice, California.[8] His inspiration for the concept was, "a melting pot of world cultures and flavors, mixed with my nostalgia for American diners."[9] Nighthawk is known for its lineup of original cocktails, including alcoholic cereal milk and it is included on Eater.com's list of "Hottest Bars from Coast to Coast" in North America.[10] The restaurants success lead to the opening of a second location, Nighthawk: AM, a daytime takeout version of the themed restaurant in Chicago.[11]

CLOTHES!!!!!

After selling Cliché Magazine in September 2011, Fall created the clothing line FALL.[14] In conjunction with this brand, he collaborated with mixed-media visual artist Jonni Cheatwood to hand paint select FALL clothing pieces and create artwork for the line's lookbook to, "bridge the gap between fine art and fashion."[15] The duo also collaborated on a series of Woodstock-inspired posters for the 2014 Coachella festival[16] which were featured on Lindsay Lohan's official website.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Fall

Later that year, Fall collaborated with chef Alvin Cailan of Eggslut to open walk-up burger stand Easy's in Chinatown, LA.[12] He also announced the acquisition and renovation of a Highland Park bodega, Tinfoil: Liquor & Grocery, and opened a "speakeasy" deli section in the back of the store.[13]

I'd be interested in Gabby's recount of how she met Jeremy.  Gabby and Cade must like Jeremy a whole lot since he was the pastor at their wedding.

Gabby is still a big deal in the country music world. She and Cade are probably busy between her career and their baby.  She performed "The Good Ones" at ACM awards with Cade playing and singing harmony behind her.

A Master's seminary (John MacArthur's school) graduate is the pastor of Kanye's church, at least he was when Kanye released Jesus is King in September 2019. The seminary is also in L. A. county. I get the sense of MacArthur's approach is to bring celebrities into church like the Hillsong churchs do. I wouldn't be surprised if MacArthur was pleased Jeremy was looping in someone like Jeremy Fall. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I'd be interested in Gabby's recount of how she met Jeremy.  Gabby and Cade must like Jeremy a whole lot since he was the pastor at their wedding.

Gabby is still a big deal in the country music world. She and Cade are probably busy between her career and their baby.  She performed "The Good Ones" at ACM awards with Cade playing and singing harmony behind her.

A Master's seminary (John MacArthur's school) graduate is the pastor of Kanye's church, at least he was when Kanye released Jesus is King in September 2019. The seminary is also in L. A. county. I get the sense of MacArthur's approach is to bring celebrities into church like the Hillsong churchs do. I wouldn't be surprised if MacArthur was pleased Jeremy was looping in someone like Jeremy Fall. 

I'm not so sure about MacArthur's total openness to celebrities.

Kanye has talked a very conservative game, culturally, racially, politically, sexually, theologically etc. for quite a while now. And a celebrity who does that is okay by MacArthur.

A Black man, in particular, who embraces all the stuff that MacArthur does and says -- including his utter condemnation of social-justice movements, including in the civil rights arena -- vindicates MacArthur's ideas big time. And I'm sure they do want people like that in their fold if they can get them. Provides ammunition against the many accusations of racism and sexism they get, including from some Master's Seminary grads.

But a lot of celebrities don't talk or play the conservative game, and I'm skeptical that they'd embrace such a person. 

Now, Jeremy Fall may be a lot like Kanye in that regard. I don't know.

But his nail polish, for example, suggests he may have fairly fluid -- read: liberal -- views of what kinds of things are gender- and sex-appropriate. And I'm pretty sure that a fluid view of that is an absolute no-go in the MacArthur empire. 

Of course, I doubt that he wants to join the MacArthur empire! I think he's just using Jer's and Jingle's social media to drum up some more interest in his businesses...(just like MacArthur is!) 

(Plus, of course, you can't always tell from nail polish...) 

ETA: Re: Gabby and Cade. I 'm sure they feel pretty comfortable with another younger person who's an outspoken conservative Calvinist the way Cade is. Those exist in the music business, I'm  sure, but probably not a lot of them....

.At the same time, though, I'm just as sure that another motivation for having Jer officiate the wedding was that Cade and Gabby are pretty PR-savvy....and they knew they were highly unlikely to find another conservative Calvinist pastor who could also bring them an extra million and a half social-media viewers! 

In other words -- same reason MacArthur and Jeremy Falls are interested in Jer. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm not so sure about MacArthur's total openness to celebrities.

Kanye has talked a very conservative game, culturally, racially, politically, sexually, theologically etc. for quite a while now. And a celebrity who does that is okay by MacArthur.

A Black man, in particular, who embraces all the stuff that MacArthur does and says -- including his utter condemnation of social-justice movements, including in the civil rights arena -- vindicates MacArthur's ideas big time. And I'm sure they do want people like that in their fold if they can get them. Provides ammunition against the many accusations of racism and sexism they get, including from some Master's Seminary grads.

But a lot of celebrities don't talk or play the conservative game, and I'm skeptical that they'd embrace such a person. 

Now, Jeremy Fall may be a lot like Kanye in that regard. I don't know.

But his nail polish, for example, suggests he may have fairly fluid -- read: liberal -- views of what kinds of things are gender- and sex-appropriate. And I'm pretty sure that a fluid view of that is an absolute no-go in the MacArthur empire. 

Of course, I doubt that he wants to join the MacArthur empire! I think he's just using Jer's and Jingle's social media to drum up some more interest in his businesses...(just like MacArthur is!) 

(Plus, of course, you can't always tell from nail polish...) 

Kanye was making secular music well into 2018. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Yeah, sure he was. But it's not that I think the Mac empire isn't okay with secular stuff. They're fine with lots of aspects of the secular world, and money and so on. 

But MacArthur seems to care a lot about the kinds of belief statements people make. And Kanye's belief statements about many many things have been very conservative for years, including about the social justice stuff (which matters a lot to MacArthur) and about religion. It's those beliefs -- not whether somebody makes secular music or movies or whatever -- that matter most, I expect. 

I'm talking about this kind of Kanye statement, which is pure MacArthur......Kanye has said numerous times over the past few years, for example, this kind of thing -- that he rejects "the idea of victimization mentality" that he believes has "brainwashed" black people from individual thought.

And echoing MacArthur's philosophies and ideologies is absolutely the way to his heart, no matter what else you do. And his ideas about racism, sexism, social justice -- it's huge for him that someone agrees with him about those things, because he has many detractors on those topics. 

https://www.newsweek.com/kanye-west-black-people-brainwashed-democrats-abortions-1468470

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Temperance said:

MacArthur isn't a real fundie as I think of them.  He's evangelical conservative.  He isn't trying to police every thought and action of the congregation.  He cares what they listen to on Sunday morning, better be his really rather good choir, not Tuesday afternoon.  

• Love 3
On 4/24/2021 at 7:16 PM, BitterApple said:

Oh, Lord. Just no. Jeremy's get-up reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer's character in Dangerous Minds. He looks like an algebra teacher trying to dress edgy so he can be reLaTAble to his inner city students. 

1477781175_Screenshot_20210424-1608112.thumb.png.104448092bbf4013756a57fb90a42cf0.png

Something about this picture of Jer reminds me of Peewee Herman. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I won't side eye the retired too much.  I've heard it from some other athletes and a doctor my daughter knew in high school quit practicing four years after her fellowship ended and the practice where she had worked listed her as retired.  

• Love 5