Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Just now, BigBingerBro said:

Not so sure you are 100% right about that.  The grandpa of a friend of mine used to watch and would exclaim to his wife who was doing dishes in the kitchen "Hurry and get in here - the n*gg*r is dancing"    Sad but true

Yeah, they ultimately got a black guy to, wait for it, tap dance. Arthur Duncan.

To be fair, it wasn't just a Welk thing, of course, Duncan was one of very very very few African-Americans who were tv regulars in the early decades.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 3/8/2021 at 10:05 AM, BigBingerBro said:

What usually becomes of graduates of MacArthur's Masters program?  

Well, they're all training to be pastors. And over the past couple decades, more conservative-Protestant churches, including Baptist churches, have developed a fondness for Calvinists. I've heard of pretty many Master's Seminary grads being head pastors or associate pastors at churches big and small, all around the country. The number of churches generally is falling, though, and there's so much concentration into huge churches that it's easy to imagine that the number of jobs like that is slowly drying up. .

Jer's being a particularly crummy preacher and his preference for being in some big rich city, and preferably a show-biz capital, will be barriers for him, though. I can see him getting offers from churches the size of the Laredo church....and in less-hotshot cities....And he won't want those! 

I still think he'll try for some suck-up-in-chief job for somebody who actually has a big big-city pastor job. or for some MS grad who leads a nonprofit or some such. Not clear he'll find one of those, though. He won't be the only guy looking. And some of those people won't be interested in a person with his meh skill set, I expect.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
On 3/9/2021 at 4:07 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Another completely boring picture of them playing cards at home. Why is Jeremy wearing a hat in the house and why isn’t it one of his?

DE0BD724-627D-44A4-8DC9-B9BB85CE0181.jpeg

Maybe this is their clever way of showing that Hope and Stead is so popular that everything is sold out! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
43 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, they're all training to be pastors. And over the past couple decades, more conservative-Protestant churches, including Baptist churches, have developed a fondness for Calvinists. I've heard of pretty many Master's Seminary grads being head pastors or associate pastors at churches big and small, all around the country. The number of churches generally is falling, though, and there's so much concentration into huge churches that it's easy to imagine that the number of jobs like that is slowly drying up. .

Jer's being a particularly crummy preacher and his preference for being in some big rich city, and preferably a show-biz capital, will be barriers for him, though. I can see him getting offers from churches the size of the Laredo church....and in less-hotshot cities....And he won't want those! 

I still think he'll try for some suck-up-in-chief job for somebody who actually has a big big-city pastor job. or for some MS grad who leads a nonprofit or some such. Not clear he'll find one of those, though. He won't be the only guy looking. And some of those people won't be interested in a person with his meh skill set, I expect.  

I think Jinger and the girls will be the big draw to any church he gets.  More people coming to stare at a Dugger and the possibility other Duggers might accompany them to church.

Fill up those seats and pass the collection basket!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe this is their clever way of showing that Hope and Stead is so popular that everything is sold out! 

they haven't even shipped anything yet - from their site "No orders will be fulfilled until March 26"

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Jinger and the girls will be the big draw to any church he gets.  More people coming to stare at a Dugger and the possibility other Duggers might accompany them to church.

Somewhere on the website there is or used to be a page listing the churches with a MacArthur trained pastor.  I was shocked to find one less than 10 miles from me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Fill up those seats and pass the collection basket!

And that burns Jeremy’s soul lol

No one cares about him, it’s all about the wifey 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

Why did they miss the chance to brand themself as the godly, yet modern life family? Two young people and their two cute girls, living in LA, but still connected to their faith and God? And that would come more natural to them than burgers, pocket squares and shoes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

That would be the only reason for such a picture. 

Honestly, I am generally so oblivious to footwear that that didn't even enter my mind! LOL. The only thing that caught my eye in the photo was the reflection in the puddle, but it was such a boring reflection on a stretch of blacktop/sidewalk which was broken up, but not in any sort of particularly picturesque way, that I couldn't think of any reason at all for the picture.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Honestly, I am generally so oblivious to footwear that that didn't even enter my mind! LOL. The only thing that caught my eye in the photo was the reflection in the puddle, but it was such a boring reflection on a stretch of blacktop/sidewalk which was broken up, but not in any sort of particularly picturesque way, that I couldn't think of any reason at all for the picture.

Yes, that picture simply sucked. Of all the random bad images with which to sully your bandwidth, it was one of the randomest and worst. Unless you have the right kind of shoe fetish, I suppose. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Why did they miss the chance to brand themself as the godly, yet modern life family? Two young people and their two cute girls, living in LA, but still connected to their faith and God? And that would come more natural to them than burgers, pocket squares and shoes.

I think the Roloff's have tried to be the modern, godly family without a lot of success.  I will say that Jeremy V definitely has more ambition than Jer R.  

5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

8xi7lu2i9bm61.jpg

I believe this is a World War II propaganda poster to be careful about spies.  Not sure why Jeremy is posting it tho. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Normades said:

I think the Roloff's have tried to be the modern, godly family without a lot of success.  I will say that Jeremy V definitely has more ambition than Jer R.  

I believe this is a World War II propaganda poster to be careful about spies.  Not sure why Jeremy is posting it tho. 

Yeah it is a WWII propaganda poster. I'm not sure that Jeremy is aware of that. 😂

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, rue721 said:

What a spooky post. Has Jeremy gone tinfoil hat?

I was wondering if things were kind of tense in the MacArthur world lately. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Hey wait a minute, I had that sweaters in the 80's.

Exactly. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think we all did. Along with stirrup pants???

I'd managed to repress the memory of stirrup pants...

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Exactly. 🙂

I'd managed to repress the memory of stirrup pants...

I loved my stirrup pants! I had one wonderful pair that my mom had held onto since the Dick van Dyke show days when Mary Tyler Moore rocked them,  just in case they ever came back in fashion. And I wore the heck out of them when they came back in vogue for a hot minute. I think I may even still have them somewhere. If I ever get back down to that size, I may dig them back out whether or not they are in style. They made things to last back then!

• Love 14

I remember a pair of black stirrup pants I had. They had a seam going down the front. I hated them. When I sat down, they'd tug at the back of the waist and after wearing them all day, the knees would bag. I was never and still aren't, a fan of turtle necks paired with v-necks. Reminded me too much of the guys in Lost in Space.

Jinger seemed to rock her wardrobe in the past few years. Maybe she doesn't have enough comfy casual clothes to rock the tired-new-mom 'style'. Too bad too, because many have adopted that trend during the pandemic. Yay!

• Love 7

I decided to go down the rabbit hole of the Hope and Stead instagram, and there's a lady who's complained on several posts. Apparently she spent $130 and received broken candles. Jeremy and Jinger haven't answered her emails, and she's not too happy about it. No wonder their business is a total bust. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, rue721 said:

What a spooky post. Has Jeremy gone tinfoil hat?

Jeremy being Jeremy, it wouldn't surprise me if he just saw this and posted it randomly because it struck him funny or something. I can imagine him not even realizing that a main reaction it would spark would be "WHY? WTF?" Although I can also imagine him thinking -- "Wow! This will provoke a lot of  questions! Great for my social-media profile!" Despite his apparent mad focus on becoming famous and prominent, his actually activities in that vein seem pretty random to me.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Sturrup pants were great with boots! 

I had stirrup pants in every color. I wore them with tunic length sweaters and my ballet flats. Then one day on Oprah, a stylist was on and brought a young lady on stage wearing stirrup pants, sweater and ballet flats. She said NEVER wear stirrup pants with anything except boots. They were made for boots. I didn’t own boots and never wore stirrup pants again! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I loved my stirrup pants! I had one wonderful pair that my mom had held onto since the Dick van Dyke show days when Mary Tyler Moore rocked them,  just in case they ever came back in fashion. And I wore the heck out of them when they came back in vogue for a hot minute. I think I may even still have them somewhere. If I ever get back down to that size, I may dig them back out whether or not they are in style. They made things to last back then!

I was OBSESSED with stirrup pants.. anything that became trendy I wanted.  I had every color.  I ended up either wearing them til they wore out or my mom gave them away.. My purple ones were my favorites.. geek..lol

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I remember a pair of black stirrup pants I had. They had a seam going down the front. I hated them. When I sat down, they'd tug at the back of the waist and after wearing them all day, the knees would bag. I was never and still aren't, a fan of turtle necks paired with v-necks. Reminded me too much of the guys in Lost in Space.

Jinger seemed to rock her wardrobe in the past few years. Maybe she doesn't have enough comfy casual clothes to rock the tired-new-mom 'style'. Too bad too, because many have adopted that trend during the pandemic. Yay!

Mom's ones that I inherited were grey, also with a seam down the front. Whatever I did, my legs pretty much looked like Mary Tyler Moore. And I was no dancer! They were just the most flattering legwear I ever had. I figure they were probably made sometime in the early 60's, worn off and on for a few years (maybe 3 or 4?), and put away until I unearthed them around  1998 or so. I'd lost some weight, so they fit me perfectly, no sagging, no bagging, but a year or so later, I gained my weight back, and they were not quite so popular anyway, so I put them away again.

• Love 4