Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Looking at the spending of the Seewalds and the Vuolos over the last 5 or 6 years makes me wonder if some of us, myself included, underestimated their TLC pay. Even if we go under the assumption that neither has a mortgage or rent, both families spend pretty freely.

Include Jana with all her travel and huge gardens and even the Dillards with their payout, don't seem to be hurting for money. And not one of the brothers appear to be pinching pennies.

It has me wondering if Jeremy coming onboard started a series of events.

Maybe he was the first to negotiate an independent contract with TLC and the Seewalds and Dillards found out. Derick, faced with mounting medical bills, went to TLC and said pay up. We know that didn't work and Derick ended up negotiating some type of payout with JB. JB looked around and knowing he had 17 other kids besides Jinger and Jill, started paying them a fairer pay to avoid having any of the other kids get their own contracts and/or approach him like Derick did.

Obviously pure speculation, but the one thing the Duggars adults have in common is, they all appear financially comfortable. Which brings me back to underestimating their TLC income.

I have a feeling they all write off most of their travel, claiming it’s for “work” purposes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
Just now, DangerousMinds said:

I have a feeling they all write off most of their travel, claiming it’s for “work” purposes.

I suppose they could, but that doesn't make it free.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

It’s also easier to be financially comfortable when you aren’t saving for retirement or putting away money for your kid’s education, which I suspect is the case with them, with the possible exception of Jill & Derick. It doesn’t look like any of them are savers. 

And so far, they’ve all been lucky to have relatively healthy children. What happens when someone in the family ends up with an expensive medical emergency/condition? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And so far, they’ve all been lucky to have relatively healthy children. What happens when someone in the family ends up with an expensive medical emergency/condition? 

To quote David Rodrigues Jesus will provide 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I suppose they could, but that doesn't make it free.

Priority is to keep every cent out of the hands of ebil government.

13 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

The government is there to fall back on, paid for by the contributions of others naturally. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Priority is to keep every cent out of the hands of ebil government.

The government is there to fall back on, paid for by the contributions of others naturally. 

Yes I would agree they do that, but the response regarded reasons the Duggars seem flush with money. Tax right-offs don't really put much cash in your pocket.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes I would agree they do that, but the response regarded reasons the Duggars seem flush with money. Tax right-offs don't really put much cash in your pocket.

I can't begin to guess how much TLC is paying them. I'd assume enough to live fairly comfortably in a low cost of living area but not enough for all of them to appear as flush as they are, but who knows. What sort of advertisers are the Duggars getting these days?

I think for Jinger and Jeremy specifically, they're relying a lot on credit and freebies.

For the rest of them (except Derick and Jill), someone who keeps up with the Duggar businesses would have a better idea, but I wouldn't underestimate how much money any rental properties are bringing in. And if they still have commercial real estate, that would be a nice amount of cash.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I can't begin to guess how much TLC is paying them. I'd assume enough to live fairly comfortably in a low cost of living area but not enough for all of them to appear as flush as they are, but who knows. What sort of advertisers are the Duggars getting these days?

I think for Jinger and Jeremy specifically, they're relying a lot on credit and freebies.

For the rest of them (except Derick and Jill), someone who keeps up with the Duggar businesses would have a better idea, but I wouldn't underestimate how much money any rental properties are bringing in. And if they still have commercial real estate, that would be a nice amount of cash.

I really don't think the money from the show is enough for all these Duggar families to live on. They're low list reality tv stars on a cable network, not the cast of Friends. The real estate and other businesses they have must provide for most of their income. 

• Love 15

I don't see JB as someone who would supplement his children's income. I think whatever income Jer and Jing has is from TLC.

If we look at John & Kate Plus Eight, Kate Plus Eight and Outdaughtered, those families standard of living increased dramatically. We can also look at Life below Zero, and the families on those shows started to buy nicer boats, bigger and better heavy equipment and land purchases.

I think I underestimated what the Duggars are being paid.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4

I don't think they'd all be so desperate to be influencers if they were getting good money from TLC or Jim Bob. They're scrambling to shill shit online for a reason. I don't actually think anyone has an independent contract with TLC either. I think Jinger and Jeremy have been living large on a combo of Mac Daddy's coffers and the proceeds from the sale of their Laredo house. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't think they'd all be so desperate to be influencers if they were getting good money from TLC or Jim Bob. They're scrambling to shill shit online for a reason. I don't actually think anyone has an independent contract with TLC either. I think Jinger and Jeremy have been living large on a combo of Mac Daddy's coffers and the proceeds from the sale of their Laredo house. 

Or maybe the SM presence, including influencing, is to stay relevant and see if they bring in some extra cash or testing the waters to see of they eventually could make decent money doing it. Maybe that's why we're not seeing the same effort that other influencers put in - because the income is not needed. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

MTV pays $400,000 or so to Teen Mom casts. I think being on TLC pays nicely.

What I've read and heard is that the pay for reality tv varies like crazy, from show to show, from network to network, and even from individual to individual. Some get $1000 an episode (or less). Some get $100,000 and way up.

Since contracts are individually negotiated, and the number and relative importance/prominence of people on a given show varies hugely among the individuals, and since the shows themselves vary in their ratings and in their importance to the different networks and in the nature of the ads and the audiences the shows attract, I have a feeling that's the case. Don't see how it could be otherwise, actually.

Which makes it just about impossible to tell what any one person makes unless they tell it themselves. And I'm sure there are all kinds of NDAs in place to prevent that. It's a business, and a tough and cutthroat one, after all. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

I wanted to add, Sierra and two of the Bates sisters, Josie and Carlin, do a lot of influencing. I see the Duggars as more like Whitney Bates, who influences when an offer comes her way, rather than scouting out gigs.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

MTV pays $400,000 or so to Teen Mom casts. I think being on TLC pays nicely.

I agree that some things make it seem that, yeah, they must be getting well paid. 

But -- and I know Jessa apparently doesn't care how things look and lived in a small house when she was very young -- but if I were getting paid very well for something, I'd replace the frame around my front door and add a third bedroom when a third and a fourth child were expected and my husband used the second bedroom as an office. And I'm not enamored of home decorating or having a huge amount of space. But I would expect those things to be obvious buys if you really had a solid upper-middle-class income. 

But maybe not. 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Or maybe the SM presence, including influencing, is to stay relevant and see if they bring in some extra cash or testing the waters to see of they eventually could make decent money doing it. Maybe that's why we're not seeing the same effort that other influencers put in - because the income is not needed. 

True but they're also so lazy in general that it's hard to tell. LOL

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I agree that some things make it seem that, yeah, they must be getting well paid. 

But -- and I know Jessa apparently doesn't care how things look and lived in a small house when she was very young -- but if I were getting paid very well for something, I'd replace the frame around my front door and add a third bedroom when a third and a fourth child were expected and my husband used the second bedroom as an office. And I'm not enamored of home decorating or having a huge amount of space. But I would expect those things to be obvious buys if you really had a solid upper-middle-class income. 

But maybe not. 

I agree in the big scheme of things, but I think the only Duggars who care about that, or care a lot about that, are the Vuolos, Josh & Anna and Lauren. Josh and Anna have no choice where they live now, because of lawsuits. I wouldn't be surprised if one, Jessa doesn't even know her front door is missing a frame, two, that houses need up keep and three, this next baby may push them to add on or move.

• Love 9

People on other TLC shows, like their current “crown jewel” the 90 Day Fiancé franchise, make about $1-5K per episode. A friend of mine was scouted/interviewed for Married at First Sight, another TLC show, and if I remember right, the pay was comparable. (He ended up saying no bc the filming was so invasive and inconvenient, and the pay was too low to justify that). So I think that’s the most likely range the Duggars are looking at — maybe $1-5K per family per episode.

It’s also likely that the money is all funneled through the family trust, and JB doles it out per family as he sees fit. (Maybe hence the LLCs).

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

How much is Jeremy Vuolo Worth? Jeremy Vuolo net worth: Jeremy Vuolo is an American former professional soccer player and a pastor and reality television star who has a net worth of $2 million.

Spouse: Jinger Duggar Vuolo

Born: September 1987, Downingtown

Professions: Football player

Jeremy Vuolo Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

• LOL 6
Just now, Chicklet said:

2 million? How that even possible?

Don't know but I googled around and several had him (them) at that amount.  When I googled Jinger she had the same amount so I'm thinking His money is mostly Her money and it's from the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Do any of these sites provide sources? Just because it's repeated on several websites doesn't make it so. (I am pretty sure the internet keeps misidentifying one of Al Capone's brothers--the pictures don't even match! Welcome to one of my pettiest and most oddly specific rants about the internet.*) But one website will just plagiarize another and pretty soon a consensus forms that is not based on fact. I'd like to see some actual proof beyond just random websites asserting that is how much he is worth. 

*Just the other day I also caught a misidentified picture of an obscure 1960s stuntman by lazy people. It pops up as one of his Google images when you search for him, and if you didn't know any better, you'd think that was him. He's also misidentified by the geniuses at IMDB in a still. Welcome to another one of my petty and oddly specific rants.

Anyway, my point is simply that just because something pops up on multiple websites doesn't make it inherently true.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

What I've read and heard is that the pay for reality tv varies like crazy, from show to show, from network to network, and even from individual to individual. Some get $1000 an episode (or less). Some get $100,000 and way up.

Since contracts are individually negotiated, and the number and relative importance/prominence of people on a given show varies hugely among the individuals, and since the shows themselves vary in their ratings and in their importance to the different networks and in the nature of the ads and the audiences the shows attract, I have a feeling that's the case. Don't see how it could be otherwise, actually.

Which makes it just about impossible to tell what any one person makes unless they tell it themselves. And I'm sure there are all kinds of NDAs in place to prevent that. It's a business, and a tough and cutthroat one, after all. 

I'm sure you're right, but I don't think that they get paid a lot, and certainly not enough for Jeremy's desired lifestyle.

I think that by the time the show was cancelled, JB was bringing in a fair amount per episode -- maybe as high as 80K, but probably more like 40K. That's good money -- even when you have too many kids.

I think they're getting a LOT less for Counting On -- maybe 25K per episode. That's a whole lot less, and even tighter when you think about splitting it up between a half a dozen households. I think that Derick is telling the truth (about this one thing), and all of the money goes to JB/Duggar Enterprises and he doles it out as he sees fit, Even if Jeremy negotiated his own deal, I don't see them making more than a few thousand per episode. There are just so many of them that Jeremy and Jinger could be dropped from the show if they became too expensive and no one would notice -- I don't think anyone has really noticed or cared that Josh and Anna are off, or that Jill and Derick are gone.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I'm sure you're right, but I don't think that they get paid a lot, and certainly not enough for Jeremy's desired lifestyle.

I think that by the time the show was cancelled, JB was bringing in a fair amount per episode -- maybe as high as 80K, but probably more like 40K. That's good money -- even when you have too many kids.

I think they're getting a LOT less for Counting On -- maybe 25K per episode. That's a whole lot less, and even tighter when you think about splitting it up between a half a dozen households. I think that Derick is telling the truth (about this one thing), and all of the money goes to JB/Duggar Enterprises and he doles it out as he sees fit, Even if Jeremy negotiated his own deal, I don't see them making more than a few thousand per episode. There are just so many of them that Jeremy and Jinger could be dropped from the show if they became too expensive and no one would notice -- I don't think anyone has really noticed or cared that Josh and Anna are off, or that Jill and Derick are gone.

Yeah, this would be roughly my guess, too. Somewhere in the five figures per episode range, to be split among them, in other words. 

I think it's next to impossible to find out for sure, though. 

Enough specific payment information has been leaked/stated and confirmed over the years to show that variations among individuals and among shows are truly extreme. But I've never seen anybody say they've confirmed this rumored amount or any other idea about the Duggar pay, so we just don't know. 

It also does seem that the people who get a lot of money per show -- like six figures per person -- do exist but are pretty much outliers among the whole large group of reality-tv people.

1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

2 million? How that even possible?

A lot of his former teammates and coaches and parishioners (and current classmates) probably wonder that, too. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

How much is Jeremy Vuolo Worth? Jeremy Vuolo net worth: Jeremy Vuolo is an American former professional soccer player and a pastor and reality television star who has a net worth of $2 million.

No way is he worth $2 million. My ass.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Do any of these sites provide sources? Just because it's repeated on several websites doesn't make it so. (I am pretty sure the internet keeps misidentifying one of Al Capone's brothers--the pictures don't even match! Welcome to one of my pettiest and most oddly specific rants about the internet.*) But one website will just plagiarize another and pretty soon a consensus forms that is not based on fact. I'd like to see some actual proof beyond just random websites asserting that is how much he is worth. 

*Just the other day I also caught a misidentified picture of an obscure 1960s stuntman by lazy people. It pops up as one of his Google images when you search for him, and if you didn't know any better, you'd think that was him. He's also misidentified by the geniuses at IMDB in a still. Welcome to another one of my petty and oddly specific rants.

Anyway, my point is simply that just because something pops up on multiple websites doesn't make it inherently true.

Similar to what happens on here sometimes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Definitely deserving of free housing, if true.

• LOL 8

My guess is that the site is governed by an algorithm that figures "pro athlete"+reality star+instagram fame and it spits out a number based on all that. The fact that it called him a football player makes me wonder if there's a wire crossed in there, where it was either inputted that he was a pro NFL player OR that he was playing in Europe, either of which might account for assuming a higher worth as an athlete. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Mmm maybe Jeremy used 2 million toilet squares 

what happened to all his fancy books in his library ?

he doesn’t pose in front of them or posts pics of all the new books he buys 

Oh yeah! Jeremy's thing used to be books! And he was always taking pictures of books and himself hanging out around books.

Now all his pictures are of him playing card games or wandering tourist traps, wearing LOS ANGELES! emblazoned gear. Regress much? Lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

As collectibles go the sneakers aren't that bad. At least he can wear them and get some use out of them. Better than some of the things I bought for my first apartment, for the lifestyle I planned/had in my head. He could always sell them on e-bay if he wanted to. [Fun fact: The Brooklyn Museum had a large exhibit of fancy sneakers as art a few years ago.]

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

As collectibles go the sneakers aren't that bad. At least he can wear them and get some use out of them. Better than some of the things I bought for my first apartment, for the lifestyle I planned/had in my head. He could always sell them on e-bay if he wanted to. [Fun fact: The Brooklyn Museum had a large exhibit of fancy sneakers as art a few years ago.]

now I can just picture Jer carrying the shoes in a backpack or something and just putting them on his feet, or setting them strategically, for the desired photo op so they will always look new/never worn

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

now I can just picture Jer carrying the shoes in a backpack or something and just putting them on his feet, or setting them strategically, for the desired photo op so they will always look new/never worn

If he's anything like some of the guys I know, who are into sneakers, they're cleaned at the first sign of dirt and then cleaned at the end of the day and placed in their original box.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I ate some sriracha on a stirfry yesterday, and thanks to Jeremy, I felt incomplete without a game of Phase Ten to go with it.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 24
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Damn him for making me think of him every time I have sriracha!

Yeah it kind of taints the whole enterprise, doesn't it? 

I thought it was really odd the way the bottle was highlighted in that photo. Like he thinks showing off that he eats sriracha somehow means he has a sophisticated palate? It just seems like a weird thing to be so self-congratulatory about, though that is true of most everything he has posted lately. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah it kind of taints the whole enterprise, doesn't it? 

I thought it was really odd the way the bottle was highlighted in that photo. Like he thinks showing off that he eats sriracha somehow means he has a sophisticated palate? It just seems like a weird thing to be so self-congratulatory about, though that is true of most everything he has posted lately. 

Yeah, sriracha is only a small step above ketchup, really 🤣.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

🤷‍♂️

20 minutes ago, rue721 said:

It’s because sriracha is from LA and he’s got this weird LA obsession going on 🙄

I expect he wants to stay in LA after he finishes school. Maybe he thinks that constantly showing what an LA enthusiast he is will get him job offers there. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13