Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

They want to make a lot of $ being influencers but they are failing. They thought it would be easy to become rich. They have no real plans for their life outside of being moochers and failed social media influencers.

I think Jeremy is a lot like the Duggars in this regard. I think that he thinks very highly of himself and thought that it would be "no problem" to become a successful influencer. Like the Duggars, he assumed that if he spent 15 minutes reviewing how other people do this that he would become an expert and live on Easy Street for the rest of his life. For someone as talent-free as he is, he's doing pretty well for himself right now, but I just can't believe that it's sustainable.

• Love 18

How are they supporting themselves? Does Jeremy work? Do they get money from Counting On, and would that be enough to live on? They always seem to be wearing new clothes and shoes. I don't think I've ever seen them in the same thing twice. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

How are they supporting themselves? Does Jeremy work? Do they get money from Counting On, and would that be enough to live on? They always seem to be wearing new clothes and shoes. I don't think I've ever seen them in the same thing twice. 

They live in Jeremy’s boss house for free. Who knows where the $ comes from. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

Regarding the shoes, I thin one is Jeremy's and other one Jinger's

So there's another pair just like them nearby?

Actually, that seems even weirder to me as a photographic subject..."Here's my shoe. Right next to a very similar though not identical shoe belonging to some person who isn't in any of these photographs!"

As with the "loose lips sink ships" poster, all I can think of is "What?" 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9
5 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Jeremy’s mismatched, $200 pair of Jordan’s?  The word “fop” comes to mind.

Imagine paying $200 for shoes that look like you pulled them out of the bin of a thrift store for two dollars. 

Fop who one day will be revealed to have an unpaid $200,000 credit-card bill. 

I wonder what their bankruptcy settlement is going to look like in 2026?

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Man, I was pioneering the mismatched shoes look way back in 2010, courtesy of oversleeping and hurriedly dressing in the dark before running to class. If only I'd known the trend potential. [In my defense, they were the exact same shoe, except for color. Which I noticed right before I staggered to the front of my 8 am class.]

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

"I enjoy wearing two different shoes. And being photographed with my shoes....

I actually did wear two different shoes to school one day about 20 years ago.  There was some drama happening in the family (brother was unemployed and his wife was ill), and I was not concentrating while I was getting dressed. Besides, it was before 5am and it was DARK!  When I got to school, I realized I had on one black leather Keds and one brown suede Keds.  I laughed to myself and wondered how long it would take the kindergarten kids to notice (not long).  One mother came in to drop something off for her son and noticed my shoes.  She actually offered to run to the local Payless and buy me a matching pair.  I said it wasn’t important.  The kids laughed again...

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Reminds me of my teenage friend when we were in junior high.  We used to shop the Nordstrom's basement sales at the downtown Seattle store (late 60's.)  She bought a boxed pair of shoes without trying them on.  It turned out that she bought two left shoes, and better yet, wore them to school once.

I wonder if that mismatched pair of overpriced shoes appealed to Jinjer.  Wasn't she the thrift store shopper extraordinaire?  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Fop who one day will be revealed to have an unpaid $200,000 credit-card bill. 

In order to have 200K in credit card debt, someone would have to give him 200K in credit -- and I just don't see that happening. He is 30+ years old and has never had a paying job. He might be able to get some small amount of credit off the TLC gig, but I doubt it.

• Love 7

I work in a school where sneakers are a very big deal, and shoes with mismatched color patterns started becoming trendy a year or two ago. Jeremy's are actually subtle compared to some I havr seen - neon green and purple on one foot,  orange and yellow on the other. Students wear uniforms, so the footwear is their only way to play the fashion game.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

When I was still teaching classroom music, I was doing a movement activity with my last classroom of the day.  I noticed one little boy who's movement was a little different-looking.  Then I realized he had on two matching left shoes, one a whole lot larger than the other.  Apparently his older brother had on a "matching" pair all day, also.  Both boys had new shoes (that were the appropriate size) the next day.  It really did look odd to see a kid skipping with two left feet.  But the shoes were the same color, and this incident was by accident.  And not posted on social media.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

In order to have 200K in credit card debt, someone would have to give him 200K in credit -- and I just don't see that happening. He is 30+ years old and has never had a paying job. He might be able to get some small amount of credit off the TLC gig, but I doubt it.

You'd be surprised how many people get huge credit lines. With huge interest rates. Like 29%.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

There’s no way these two aren’t deeeeeeeep in credit card debt. Their entire lifestyle could be summed up as “reckless spending.”

Jeremy is a magpie with no impulse control and I doubt Jinger is even involved in any of “their” financial decision making. Maybe it’s starting to worry Jer, but he seems like the kind of guy who figures he can just declare bankruptcy if he gets in too deep.

What I think is really weird is how they keep wearing clothes that literally say “LA” and taking pics at iconic LA places like the beach and the Hollywood stars. I guess it’s some dumbass branding thing?

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t like Starbucks coffee. 

What happened to his fancy $10 coffee??? Starbucks is a downgrade for our little magpie. 

Charbucks.  It always tasted burned and acid to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Charbucks.  It always tasted burned and acid to me.

Definitely agree. Very very burned coffee. One year a coworker gave me all her unwanted Starbucks gift cards. About $100. I was very disappointed in Starbucks. I only liked Frappuccinos but they were so sweet!!! 

1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Definitely agree. Very very burned coffee. One year a coworker gave me all her unwanted Starbucks gift cards. About $100. I was very disappointed in Starbucks. I only liked Frappuccinos but they were so sweet!!! 

Frappuccinos are my favorite. Coffee cake, pumpkin cake and cheese danish. Yum. Cold brew too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Frappuccinos are my favorite. Coffee cake, pumpkin cake and cheese danish. Yum. Cold brew too. 

The lemon cake!  Yummy!  I always stick with iced nonfat lattes with a raw sugar thrown in...much less sugar than the fancy drinks.  Now I want one!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I wasn't clear. When I said "one day" he'd be found with the debt, I was trying to say that it looks very likely to me that his love of spending and overly expensive stuff could be a lifelong habit. After all, he's over 30 already. A lot of his patterns and preferences are probably set. 

And people who have that habit often just keep overspending at a higher level even when they have reasonable incomes.

I'm picturing Jingle discovering a giant credit card debt some day a decade or so from now, when Jer actually has a job....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

This is what I think.  They most likely have their own contract with TLC on those payments could be fairly substantial.  Also, is their SM monetized?  There could be some residual income there.  Considering they supposedly do not pay for housing, their only bills would be car payment. insurance, internet/phone.  So they probably have enough to spend on costly shoes and clothing and pens for the time being.  If the show gets cancelled things will have to change.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

There’s no way these two aren’t deeeeeeeep in credit card debt. Their entire lifestyle could be summed up as “reckless spending.”

Jeremy is a magpie with no impulse control and I doubt Jinger is even involved in any of “their” financial decision making. Maybe it’s starting to worry Jer, but he seems like the kind of guy who figures he can just declare bankruptcy if he gets in too deep.

What I think is really weird is how they keep wearing clothes that literally say “LA” and taking pics at iconic LA places like the beach and the Hollywood stars. I guess it’s some dumbass branding thing?

And they live nowhere near downtown LA or Santa Monica. They’re taking 20-30 minute drives to get to these locations.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

This is what I think.  They most likely have their own contract with TLC on those payments could be fairly substantial.  Also, is their SM monetized?  There could be some residual income there.  Considering they supposedly do not pay for housing, their only bills would be car payment. insurance, internet/phone.  So they probably have enough to spend on costly shoes and clothing and pens for the time being.  If the show gets cancelled things will have to change.

And food, coffee, gas, and other utilities? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

It's possible they have money to blow on shoes and coffee.... but at the end of the day, this just doesn't look like the spending of people on a budget, even a large budget. It's just too thoughtless and reckless and frivolous. It looks like people who are going to wind up with maxed out credit cards and a dire credit score. But Jeremy loves to front and Jinger is always up for helping him, so I'm sure he'll try to paste a happy face on whatever situation they find themselves in.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

You would think they would at least be saving for the girls to attend private schools when the time comes, because public schools won’t be good enough and I don’t see Jinger homeschooling.

My guess is his plan is for Mac Daddy to foot the bill for that too. Are there any private schools associated with MacArthur's empire?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Looking at the spending of the Seewalds and the Vuolos over the last 5 or 6 years makes me wonder if some of us, myself included, underestimated their TLC pay. Even if we go under the assumption that neither has a mortgage or rent, both families spend pretty freely.

Include Jana with all her travel and huge gardens and even the Dillards with their payout, don't seem to be hurting for money. And not one of the brothers appear to be pinching pennies.

It has me wondering if Jeremy coming onboard started a series of events.

Maybe he was the first to negotiate an independent contract with TLC and the Seewalds and Dillards found out. Derick, faced with mounting medical bills, went to TLC and said pay up. We know that didn't work and Derick ended up negotiating some type of payout with JB. JB looked around and knowing he had 17 other kids besides Jinger and Jill, started paying them a fairer pay to avoid having any of the other kids get their own contracts and/or approach him like Derick did.

Obviously pure speculation, but the one thing the Duggars adults have in common is, they all appear financially comfortable. Which brings me back to underestimating their TLC income.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

It’s also easier to be financially comfortable when you aren’t saving for retirement or putting away money for your kid’s education, which I suspect is the case with them, with the possible exception of Jill & Derick. It doesn’t look like any of them are savers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
On 3/14/2021 at 1:30 AM, Westiepeach said:

Well, they will be waiting a long, long time. Not too many people seem to be waiting in line to pay for photos of children of Z list “breakout stars.” Nobody cares.

True. I’m sure in Jeremys mind he’s up there with the A-listers.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Well I didn't  know mismatched shoes are a thing now.

You learn something every day

Maybe Jeremy loved Punky Brewster when he was younger and is very excited about the new show.

I never watched either but keep seeing the ads for the new one where she wears two different shoes again.

• LOL 7

Apparently neither Jessa/Bin nor JIngle/Jer is paying for housing right now. ..... Or at least not paying much, in Jingle/Jer's case...... 

And I wonder about what the situation is with upkeep at Jessa/Bin's house.

I don't know when I've seen anyone fail to replace the frame around a front door. But we saw a front-door photo for them several months ago, and -- no frame.

So I wonder -- How many leaks will it take before they get a new roof, for example? .... Or have the Duggar boys watched a roofer for half an hour so now they're professional roofers, too,  so they'll replace it free or nearly free? .... And most people with a family growing to the size of Jessa's would have put on a bedroom expansion of some kind by now, too.  But they didn't. The money they're not putting into property upkeep that most people would definitely do is money they can use to buy crap. 

So the fact that these two couples probably don't need to spend much at all on their housing means they can more easily spend more on other stuff than the rest of us, without apparent pain at present. Aside from Duggars, housing costs are a huge part of almost everyone's budget....Even after someone pays off a condo mortgage, they've still usually got a fat monthly fee to pay, for example. But at this point, these two families don't seem to have any costs like that. 

EMLTA: And, come to think of it, the Duggarling boys have a different spending situation than most young people their age, too....

Their parents supply their housing and their food and will do so until they marry, in which case their parents will arrange for them to get some kind of house (like the kind JD has, for example 😁 ).

And since they don't have their own housing, they never need to buy furniture or microwaves or vacuum cleaners or dishes or televisions or anything, even cheap stuff like shampoo or household cleaning products. Most other young people do.

They have fancy phones, but they don't have a need for computers, for example, except for maybe one at a car lot when they're working, so for most of the unmarried ones the phone may be pretty much it for their electronics.....

And Daddy reportedly gives each kid a vehicle. I expect that any musical instruments they have are all family purchases, too, since they occasionally resurrect the hope of being some kind of family music group. The family has gym equipment, so they don't need a membership, which they wouldn't get anyway because a gym membership would mean mixing with people outside their Lunacy Group. 

And, yeah, they do go to ski resorts and such....But there's also a lot of typical entertainment spending that they absolutely don't do -- No bars, no at-home alcohol, no concerts, not even movie theaters (unless an anti-abortion movie comes out, of course -- but in that case Duggars probably score free tickets). Possibly no streaming services, either. Most young people spend quite a bit on those things, but the Dugg boys don't, and so they have money for more mountain-sports trips......

And of course neither they nor their parents spend a dime on education or training of any kind. 

I'm sure JB's lawyer has made sure that everybody in the family is using every conceivable tax dodge they can, too. 

I think any apparent ability that Duggarlings have to spend big  (without consequences) is largely an illusion based on how different their habits and lifestyles are from most other people's. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 12

The Seewalds do not seem to be rolling in money, in my opinion. They're living in her Grandmother's house that they outgrew two years ago, driving around the same used minivan they've had for 6+ years. Yeah, they shop a lot on Amazon, but you can get plenty of cheap crap off that site. They seem to live within the means of whatever Jim Bob allocates them from TLC money and whatever they pay Ben to tutor the kids. The Vuolos on the other hand, seem to live well outside of their means between takeout and clothing alone. 

24 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Aside from Duggars, housing costs are a huge part of almost everyone's budget....Even after someone pays off a condo mortgage, they've still usually got a fat monthly fee to pay, for example. But at this point, these two families don't seem to have any costs like that. 

I don't know. They live in single family homes that are paid off and most likely don't have an HOA. They're paying property taxes and utilities. And with the way they throw around and slap on LLCs, property taxes are questionable. The Vuolos might pay utilities. Maybe. But I doubt they're paying anything for housing. That's all being leeched off the church. 

• Love 8

The Seewalds had the money to send his parents on a trip to the UK for their anniversary a couple years ago, so they must have extra $$ somewhere. The Vuolos seem to have unlimited funds for nonessential things like sneakers, so they apparently have a cash stash too.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Zella said:

Are there any private schools associated with MacArthur's empire?

Absolutely.  Maybe children of students or employees attend free or at greatly reduced tuition.  I've never checked and frequently such things aren't widely advertised. 

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Even after someone pays off a condo mortgage, they've still usually got a fat monthly fee to pay, for example. But at this point, these two families don't seem to have any costs like that. 

They don't live in condos or gated communities so very likely no association fees to be paid.  They do have rather stripped down budgets compared to many people.

• Love 1

I guarantee Jeremy is pissing through whatever cash they have. Think back to his Laredo days. I don't recall seeing multiple pairs of Jordans, pocket squares, fountain pens, fancy suits, designer hamburgers, etc. on his Instagram. That stuff only came along once he leveled-up by marrying Jinger. He's like those lottery winners you read about who hit a windfall and don't pace themselves when it comes to spending. Eventually they go broke, which is what I can see happening to Jeremy and Jinger. 

• Love 20

How long can the Vuolos live rent free?   Once the tab is on them it seems their lifestyle will have to adjust.   If Jeremy has any intention for his beloved LA to be where the lifestyle continues, that comes at a steep price.   Seems serious adjustments might not even get the job done.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Looking at the spending of the Seewalds and the Vuolos over the last 5 or 6 years makes me wonder if some of us, myself included, underestimated their TLC pay. Even if we go under the assumption that neither has a mortgage or rent, both families spend pretty freely.

Include Jana with all her travel and huge gardens and even the Dillards with their payout, don't seem to be hurting for money. And not one of the brothers appear to be pinching pennies.

It has me wondering if Jeremy coming onboard started a series of events.

Maybe he was the first to negotiate an independent contract with TLC and the Seewalds and Dillards found out. Derick, faced with mounting medical bills, went to TLC and said pay up. We know that didn't work and Derick ended up negotiating some type of payout with JB. JB looked around and knowing he had 17 other kids besides Jinger and Jill, started paying them a fairer pay to avoid having any of the other kids get their own contracts and/or approach him like Derick did.

Obviously pure speculation, but the one thing the Duggars adults have in common is, they all appear financially comfortable. Which brings me back to underestimating their TLC income.

I've thought that forever!  The money keeps rolling in.  They don't work real jobs because that would raise their tax bracket!

Look at all the huge paying companies that run commercials on their show.  Used to be 3 minutes now each break is more like 5 minutes!

Look at the girls over in teen mom living in mansions with multiple family members on the teat!

All these reality show people are taking it in!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They have fancy phones, but they don't have a need for computers,

Computers are for watching TV on! I think they all have fancy MacBook Pro’s.

• LOL 7
32 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Computers are for watching TV on! I think they all have fancy MacBook Pro’s.

Possible, but I'll bet they didn't have to buy them!

Daddy probably buys those in bulk to get them all to shut up and leave him and Meeechelle alone while still remaining in the family fold and carrying on the mythology,

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2