Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Is that it? Because that’s barely noticeable. Besides, even the worst snarkers (raising my hand) aren’t going to be nasty about a birth defect.

I deeply dislike and distrust Jeremy and I think Jinger is a mostly brainwashed “helpmeet” with little ability for independent thought. I got sick of the Felicity posts because they were so numerous and so obviously staged while JerJer was passing them off as candids. But the snark wasn’t directed at her. Neither she nor this baby signed up to be the children of feckless fame-seekers.

IF they’ve decided not to plaster their kids all over SM anymore because it’s not what’s best for the children, well, good for them. 

• Love 20

People have written cruel things and speculated about Felicity's physical appearance.  I don't think there is anything wrong with birthmarks (I don't view them as defects), but there are people who would be nasty about it.  People commented directly to Alyssa Bates Webster that they thought her daughter was autistic because she didn't smile enough.

45 minutes ago, birkenstock said:

Evangeline had a red mark on her forehead at birth.  I had thought it was a stork bite (nevus simplex) at the time. I should have been more clear about why I thought that it may actually be a permanent birthmark.  

I agree social media or any media isn't a necessity. However, it is strange given their past social media and that Felicity is the main focus in the video while Evangeline's back is to the camera.

I understand, it's difficult to say what we mean about social media in this circumstance.   I don't think the kids need to or should be trotted out the way they have, like props.   Yet if that's their way, what they did with Felicity, and they don't do so with baby #2 and it's because of something like a birthmark, that's kind of sad.   I always think of a kid uncovering that later on and being hurt by it.

My younger daughter had a stork bite on the front of her wrist, it actually sat up on a little mound and was shaped and about the size of a strawberry.   The doctor told us she was liable to outgrow most or all of it by the time she was two and what she would be left with would be likely some speckles that would be more spread out.   They ended up disappearing entirely, but not until she was probably close to four years old, and it was not so gradual or a spreading out of the mark that was expected.   It just started flattening down and the red started fading and was gone in a couple months.

My husband's uncle pointed it out at a family party when she was about a year old and suggested we better "get that looked at and see if they can cut it off because she would get made fun of for it and it might cause cancer".   It was so bizarre.   He's a very nice guy, educated as an engineer, and never had kids of his own and really had no particular experience with or interest children.   If he could come up with that, I can only imagine what social media could rustle up.  

• Love 3

I hope their not hiding EJ because of some physical difference. That just induces shame. They're fools to think EJ won't Google herself when she's older. What if she still has that difference then?

I hope whatever their reason is, isn't about her.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, birkenstock said:

I'm more interested in this lemon than anything Jeremy has posted so far in 2021.  I live semi-local to him and our lemon tree has been producing giant lemons this year too.  He needed a size comparison with a normal sized lemon so we could see how big it is though.  First the kumquat and now the lemon.  What's next?  Hopefully, more citrus content and less about your shoes, Jeremy.

I have been binge watching a YouTuber called The Positano Diaries, in italy.  They are lovely, lovely videos and she grows lemons in her yard the size of her face.  Jeremy would be so amazed.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Besides, even the worst snarkers (raising my hand) aren’t going to be nasty about a birth defect.

I don't have that much faith in humanity. People absolutely will be nasty about birth defects. Because people are assholes. That's not directed at people here but the internet at large. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, beckie said:

Maybe they have some dumb thing with TLC that they can't show baby pictures until the show airs again. 

I’ve got a feeling that TLC has advised the Vuolo’s to cease posting pictures of the girls so that viewers will watch the show just to see Evangeline.  I wouldn’t watch the show if you paid me, so TLC can take that rationale and shove it, as far as I’m concerned.  I no longer follow the Vuolos on SM since they’ve stopped posting pics of E and F, because I have absolutely no desire to see J and J’s mugs.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve got a feeling that TLC has advised the Vuolo’s to cease posting pictures of the girls so that viewers will watch the show just to see Evangeline.  I wouldn’t watch the show if you paid me, so TLC can take that rationale and shove it, as far as I’m concerned.  I no longer follow the Vuolos on SM since they’ve stopped posting pics of E and F, because I have absolutely no desire to see J and J’s mugs.

I seriously doubt TLC told them that. A PR team for them may very well have advised it, but I don't think TLC is invested enough in them to tell them that but not the rest of the families, even if they are the "breakout stars" in their own minds. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I seriously doubt TLC told them that. A PR team for them may very well have advised it, but I don't think TLC is invested enough in them to tell them that but not the rest of the families, even if they are the "breakout stars" in their own minds. 

You may very well be right.  I’m just thinking that it would be in TLC’s best interest to increase viewership and hiding the kids until showtime might be one way to do it.

• Love 1
Just now, farmgal4 said:

You may very well be right.  I’m just thinking that it would be in TLC’s best interest to increase viewership and hiding the kids until showtime might be one way to do it.

If all of them were doing it, I could see TLC having made the suggestion, but I'm not sure how much TLC cares about their social media use as long as it is not creating unpleasant scandals (i.e. Derick going after Jazz.) 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I understand, it's difficult to say what we mean about social media in this circumstance.   I don't think the kids need to or should be trotted out the way they have, like props.   Yet if that's their way, what they did with Felicity, and they don't do so with baby #2 and it's because of something like a birthmark, that's kind of sad.   I always think of a kid uncovering that later on and being hurt by it.

My younger daughter had a stork bite on the front of her wrist, it actually sat up on a little mound and was shaped and about the size of a strawberry.   The doctor told us she was liable to outgrow most or all of it by the time she was two and what she would be left with would be likely some speckles that would be more spread out.   They ended up disappearing entirely, but not until she was probably close to four years old, and it was not so gradual or a spreading out of the mark that was expected.   It just started flattening down and the red started fading and was gone in a couple months.

My husband's uncle pointed it out at a family party when she was about a year old and suggested we better "get that looked at and see if they can cut it off because she would get made fun of for it and it might cause cancer".   It was so bizarre.   He's a very nice guy, educated as an engineer, and never had kids of his own and really had no particular experience with or interest children.   If he could come up with that, I can only imagine what social media could rustle up.  

I had a red birthmark on my leg, just below my knee, when I was born. Same kind of thing as you describe. It mostly faded by the time I started school, but the skin there was still a little raised well into adulthood. It also "stretched" as I grew, and went from something the size of a small coin to being maybe about four inches in diameter, but since I was barely noticeable, I never really gave it a second thought. 

My granddaughter has a similar mark on her right elbow. It was bright red with somewhat raised skin when she was born, and is now much lighter in color, with irregular patches where the color has almost faded away. I expect it will barely be noticeable in a couple more years, and doubt that she will be bothered by it either. 

As to Evangeline, I hope that the lack of photos does stem from them suddenly deciding that it might not be a good idea to publicize the kids' images so much rather than some shame over her appearance for whatever reason. It does seem as though they have not really put photos of Felicity up in the past few months either (at least, I haven't seen them, though the only place I would run across them is here since I don't follow them otherwise).

• Love 9

Interesting how all the angles were taken from Jinger's side so that only the back of Evy's head was visible, rather than shooting from Felicity's side so you could see the baby's face. Something's definitely up. 

• Love 10

Maybe The baby has a hemangioma. They generally disappear as the child grows. My friend’s son had one on the top of his head - we referred to it as his little devil horn. It was gone by the time he was two or three. 
... of course his parent’s weren’t self proclaimed “TV stars”.

• Useful 1
(edited)

I noticed how she was holding the baby like a sack of potatoes- no interaction at all.  Very odd.

My daughter had a stork bite on one eyelid.  It went away when she was around 2 but I got so tired of people asking "what's wrong with her eye?"

I don't understand why they are hiding her face.  My only guess is that the faint birthmark is actually a port wine stain. They can start out pink but get darker as kids grow.

When I was a kid our neighbours' daughter was born with a large port wine stain that covered half of her face.  Honestly we knew them so well it got to the point that we didn't notice it, but they saw all kinds of doctors about it.  When she was around 11-12 she saw a dermatologist who taught her how to use Dermablend to cover it up, and eventually she had laser treatments to remove it.  She was born in 1965 and the treatments have improved immensely since then.

ETA: Mina Starsiak Hawk of Good Bones had a baby girl in September.  She has a pretty sizeable hemangioma on her forehead.  She has so much hair it is usually covered, but Mina has been up up front about it, explaining what it is and that it should disappear on its own.  She isn't stressing or hiding her baby.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

seriously if a birth mark was the problem/reason, which I don't believe it is, wouldn't all those giant hairbows and headwraps they had on Felicity as a baby cover it?

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

seriously if a birth mark was the problem/reason, which I don't believe it is, wouldn't all those giant hairbows and headwraps they had on Felicity as a baby cover it?

Or they could just photoshop it out...

• Love 9

In all the above pictures she is wearing bows or a headwrap, easy way to cover her tiny mark. Although I wouldn’t care about covering it. I thought they think God doesn’t make mistakes so the baby is perfect. 

• Love 6

So bizarre how even in that video about welcoming Jo to the family, her face was mostly hidden and she was mostly ignored! Everything was all about Felicity, with close-ups of Felicity, and the parents interacting with Felicity, and Jinger saying her favorite thing about life with baby Jo is that Felicity has become a big sister! Nobody even looked at Jo, except Felicity (who seems delighted with her).

And yet from what we could see of Jo, she looked completely healthy and cute. She even had a sweet little bright-eyed expression, judging from the quarter of her face we could see.

I think something must be wrong, because this seems way too subtle to be a PR stunt. But it's so strange how I literally cannot imagine what actually could be wrong. Maybe Jinger's been hit hard by post-partum depression?

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Another completely boring picture of them playing cards at home. Why is Jeremy wearing a hat in the house and why isn’t it one of his?

DE0BD724-627D-44A4-8DC9-B9BB85CE0181.jpeg

He said they're taking a break, and apparently he really, really meant it.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Another completely boring picture of them playing cards at home. Why is Jeremy wearing a hat in the house and why isn’t it one of his?

DE0BD724-627D-44A4-8DC9-B9BB85CE0181.jpeg

It seems like Jeremy's current flex is reminding the plebes that he lives in L.A. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

My pet theory is that Jo just isn't the kind of baby to accept propdom. If she's colicky, shrieking all day and night etc. etc. then no one is going to be ready to do the happy young (Christian) couple with 2 adorable, (obedient) little girls photoshoot thing. And to that I say, to quote auntie Jill, Yay!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

They have Evy Jo wearing those damn mittens like Felicity did, for what seemed like months.  

All my kids wore them too. Otherwise they looked like they'd gotten in a fight with Edward Scissorhands. They scratched the crap out of themselves. 

It's really strange there aren't any more pics of EJ.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

My girl had a problem with the eye, clogged tear duck, From birth until about 9 months. Her eye was teary and red every now and then until it got sorted out. Maybe something like that can be the reason. 

Or maybe they are just dumb. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 3/4/2021 at 11:04 PM, JoanArc said:

This makes it sound like dead people are divorced.

Book was written by the pastor of that church in Georgia that Jer got a MacArthur junket to speak at a year or so ago. 

I assume he didn't realize that in the 21st century, at least, that Spurgeon line reads like an advertisement for heaven as a free-love paradise....

Of course, maybe that's what old Spurge actually meant....

• Love 3
On 3/6/2021 at 4:01 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Jeremy grew up watching Lawrence Welk? He’s 33. And what are they doing on the Hollywood Walk of Fame again? They’re acting like tourists, not locals. Visiting the walk of fame AND wearing “Los Angeles” baseball caps! 😆 They’re also wearing masks outdoors, but don’t at church or at out of state weddings?

12DC6E04-7770-4938-A7E4-94308AACFC47.jpeg

According to Mr. Google, a fair number of PBS stations air Lawrence Welk episodes to this day. 

I suppose some people wake up from napping in their recliners when they hear a happy tv dream of wholesome, non-racially-integrated programming from 1963 and fork over a donation. 

• LOL 5
On 3/7/2021 at 1:00 PM, Zella said:

Hehe It wouldn't surprise me if something like that is afoot. But if it is, I think he might be assuming his audience is too old. I do think he has no clue who his audience really is and a big part of why he falls flat is that he's so tone deaf about it. 

I agree.....Except that I doubt he's ever managed to entice an actual audience on his own...

I think maybe all he's actually been able to accomplish is to initially slightly intrigue and attract and later to gradually annoy and alienate some of Jingle's audience! 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

wholesome, non-racially-integrated programming from 1963 and fork over a donation. 

Not so sure you are 100% right about that.  The grandpa of a friend of mine used to watch and would exclaim to his wife who was doing dishes in the kitchen "Hurry and get in here - the n*gg*r is dancing"    Sad but true