Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Nor of Felicity. Something’s up.

Or he finally found a decent PR/branding agency who is behind this.

If so, that’s a level of worldly cynicism that really doesn’t square with the Jesus thing, IMO, but I never really thought RFP was all that invested in that anyway, other than as a possible route to money and fame.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Nor of Felicity. Something’s up.

Or he finally found a decent PR/branding agency who is behind this.

If so, that’s a level of worldly cynicism that really doesn’t square with the Jesus thing, IMO, but I never really thought RFP was all that invested in that anyway, other than as a possible route to money and fame.

A decent PR person would have them still wearing their hats.  The ones they presumably sunk money into and need to sell.  They did some work to create a brand that they seemingly abandoned.  

• Love 16
Just now, Oldernowiser said:

🤣

I quibbled on whether or not to clarify I didn't envision this as an ass slapping that he enjoyed but decided to leave it it up for interpretation. 😉 

• LOL 16
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Or they were unreasonable enough to want actual payment instead of being satisfied with links on the Duggalo SM.

"What do you mean you don't want to be tipped with a thousand religious tracts!?!" 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

"What do you mean you don't want to be tipped with a thousand religious tracts!?!" 

Hey, it’s Jeremy. They wouldn’t even be actual paper tracts...they’d be virtual tracts and by that I mean a single poorly designed web page with only links with 404 errors.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

🤣

2 hours ago, Zella said:

I quibbled on whether or not to clarify I didn't envision this as an ass slapping that he enjoyed but decided to leave it it up for interpretation. 😉 

For the right price Jeremy would let you do that... oh wait the price is free house and what not 

Jeremy is not a cheap sugar baby 

Just a very lazy one

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

And still no pics of the baby. Odd. Very odd. 

I wonder if the baby isn't cute enough for his branding purposes. She could have infant acne or a cone head -- two very common occurrences in newborns. I hate to sound too cynical, but RFP would be sharing pictures of him being a "great dad" if he thought there was an advantage to his brand.

I think it's possible that MacArthur is pressuring him to lay off of social media, but I think that would apply more to "eating across LA," pocket squares, and fancy pens and less to photos of a godly Christian family.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

You have a much, much longer attention span than I do!

Well I was referring to their social media posts since I cant find their podcast posts lol. I do have limits for insanity.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Jeremy isn't cute enough for his branding purposes - that hasn't stopped him from posting endless pics of himself 🤣

Jeremy THINKS he is cute enough for his branding purposes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jeremy isn't cute enough for his branding purposes - that hasn't stopped him from posting endless pics of himself 🤣

Jeremy thinks he is beyond hot. He is cats meow 😺! He isn’t suffering from low self esteem that’s for sure.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

He really missed his niche. He should have moved straight to LA after his soccer career blew up and found himself a wealthy older woman (or man) who would set him up in the style he so desperately wants. At that point, arm candy would have been a viable career choice for him.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

He really missed his niche. He should have moved straight to LA after his soccer career blew up and found himself a wealthy older woman (or man) who would set him up in the style he so desperately wants. At that point, arm candy would have been a viable career choice for him.

But he talks. 🤣

• LOL 16
(edited)
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

But he talks. 🤣

not eloquently either

And likes to eat fancy foods and expensive clothes. It’s not cheap to afford a Jeremy 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I truly believe that Jeremy will ditch Jinger and the kids in a few years for someone much wealthier and older. I don’t see Jeremy ever wanting to work 40 hours a week in a real world job to support himself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t see Jeremy ever wanting to work 40 hours a week in a real world job to support himself.

Me neither. Narcissists tend to seek out jobs that carry prestige, power and visibility, which is why you see so much of that personality type in politics, academia, entertainment, sports, etc. I think Jeremy would have his family 100k in credit card debt before he'd "demean" himself by working a regular job.

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I truly believe that Jeremy will ditch Jinger and the kids in a few years for someone much wealthier and older. I don’t see Jeremy ever wanting to work 40 hours a week in a real world job to support himself.

I agree that Jeremy will never work a regular job (any more than JB), but I don't know about ditching his family.

Jeremy isn't that great looking, and he doesn't have a great personality, and he's a narcissist. In order to be a successful gigolo, you have to be able to convince that mark that either 1) you're very special or 2) you believe that she is really special (ideally, both). Jeremy isn't that special, and it wouldn't even occur to him to care about someone else.

I don't think Jeremy will leave his family, but I do think that he'll fail his family (see Duggar, Josh).

• Love 15
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jeremy thinks he is beyond hot. He is cats meow 😺! He isn’t suffering from low self esteem that’s for sure.

He's suffering from lack of self awareness. 😂

• Love 16
14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It's been rumored that they have a nanny. Were the kids at home while their airheaded parents gallivanted around LA with their matching, non-branded baseball caps?

Rumored by people on here who saw a photo with a teenager in it and concluded that she was a nanny. Any more reliable sources than that?

• Love 2

Jeremy grew up watching Lawrence Welk? He’s 33. And what are they doing on the Hollywood Walk of Fame again? They’re acting like tourists, not locals. Visiting the walk of fame AND wearing “Los Angeles” baseball caps! 😆 They’re also wearing masks outdoors, but don’t at church or at out of state weddings?

12DC6E04-7770-4938-A7E4-94308AACFC47.jpeg

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

Some days RFP acts as if he’s been replaced by a 50-year-old Doppelgänger...between the blazers, bowties and pocket squares, the rapid balding, and now he’s got a nostalgia thing going for Lawrence Welk? 

The Lawrence Welk show was last in syndication in 1982. Now I am not great with math but I am pretty sure RFP wasn’t born yet.

This whole thing is just peculiar.

4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

It’s to show off his sneakers 

What a tool 

OH. Now that makes much more sense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jeremy grew up watching Lawrence Welk? He’s 33. And what are they doing on the Hollywood Walk of Fame again? They’re acting like tourists, not locals. Visiting the walk of fame AND wearing “Los Angeles” baseball caps! 😆 They’re also wearing masks outdoors, but don’t at church or at out of state weddings?

The Lawrence Welk Show was on from 1951 to 1982. LOL, Jeremy was born in 1987.

And honestly, I thought that show was off the air before my time. Apparently it wasn't.

• Love 4

Lawrence Welk show is still on here every saturday or sunday on PBS. but BS on Jer growing up on it. Next Jing's Nike shoes will be shown on Andy Griffith. The only show she was ever allowed to watch as a child

Hey Jing Claire has the more trendy shoes in the moment - just so you know

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
(edited)

I mean, I loved the Brady Bunch which ran from 1969 to 1974...before I was born. But I saw them in reruns since I was obviously not alive when it was first run. 

I can buy Jeremy watching a show that originally aired before he was born, but I find it hard to believe that it would be Lawrence Welk. (Our family didn't watch it and I had never heard of the show until Fred Armisen spoofed him on SNL.) 

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Stop it Jeremy just stop it!  You've been called a fool and you continue to act like one!

Surely he and his people read the boards!!!!!

• Love 9

I think Lawrence Welk has always been on in some sort of rerun.  I know people of Jeremy's age that watch the show.  Kind of surprises me, since I watched with my parents as a kid, but wouldn't particularly want to watch it now.  But I really don't think people watching today is so strange.  It is unique entertainment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think Lawrence Welk has always been on in some sort of rerun.  I know people of Jeremy's age that watch the show.  Kind of surprises me, since I watched with my parents as a kid, but wouldn't particularly want to watch it now.  But I really don't think people watching today is so strange.  It is unique entertainment.

True. Jeremy's post he said he grew up watching it on Saturday nights. Cable was relatively new in the 80s. Was Lawrence Welk that popular then, that maybe a cable channel re-aired it on Saturdays? Its unlikely network TV would have, unless maybe in the summer when most everything was reruns.

The Lawrence Welk Show - Wikipedia 

The series aired locally in Los Angeles for four years, from 1951 to 1955, then nationally for another 16 years on ABC from 1955 to 1971, followed by 11 years in first-run syndication from 1971 to 1982. Repeat episodes are broadcast in the United States by Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) stations.

It is on PBS on Saturdays still in my area .Jer would have done better giving it some context like "I watched it with my grandparents because they loved that show even in reruns" or "I watched because my mom loves music". Others would relate to that. But Jer is too self centered and clueless to do that simple thing.

Personally, I remember watching it with my grandparents and hated that show. Though Guy Lombardo New Years Eve party was great with the grandparents every year.😊

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
(edited)

I hate to defend Jeremy, but I am 2 years younger than him, and I remember when Lawrence Welk was on every Saturday evening when I was a kid on PBS. I tolerated it and was not a fan, but I definitely remember seeing it. Born in 89. This would have been the 90s. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

I remember watching Lawrence Welk with my parents in the early 80's...It was basically the same sort of music I grew up with, and I can't claim that I didn't enjoy it. Some of it was a bit cheesy for my liking, but at that age (young adult still living at home), it was what I would call "comfort music". I guess kind of like Muzak, (is that how you spell it?)...elevator music...I didn't really know, at that point, that there was more authentic music out there, since I was quite sheltered, and not exposed to much outside of light classical and easy listening. Eventually I branched out...but I never really got to the point of actually disliking that genre.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I hate to defend Jeremy, but I am 2 years younger than him, and I remember when Lawrence Welk was on every Saturday evening when I was a kid on PBS. I tolerated it and was not a fan, but I definitely remember seeing it. Born in 89. This would have been the 90s. 

I was born in 82 and remembered it being on PBS. My grandma loved it.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

I was born in 82 and remembered it being on PBS. My grandma loved it.

Yeah my maternal grandparents were big fans. That's where I usually watched it because it was like appointment TV for them. In fact, I got dragged to the Lawrence Welk Theater in Branson by them when I was pretty small because that was the only thing they wanted to see in Branson. I slept through it. 

My paternal grandparents weren't big fans, but they would watch it if it was on. [Haha my granny's stepdad not so much. He happened to be channel surfing one day and came across Lawrence Welk. My grandpa said something about not seeing it in awhile, and my great-grandfather retorted, "Let's not break your record" while flipping to another station. LOLOL)]

In any event, my guess is that Jeremy likely either watched it regularly with his grandparents or possibly his mother since she's a musician. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah my maternal grandparents were big fans. That's where I usually watched it because it was like appointment TV for them. In fact, I got dragged to the Lawrence Welk Theater in Branson by them when I was pretty small because that was the only thing they wanted to see in Branson. I slept through it. 

My paternal grandparents weren't big fans, but they would watch it if it was on. [Haha my granny's stepdad not so much. He happened to be channel surfing one day and came across Lawrence Welk. My grandpa said something about not seeing it in awhile, and my great-grandfather retorted, "Let's not break your record" while flipping to another station. LOLOL)]

In any event, my guess is that Jeremy likely either watched it regularly with his grandparents or possibly his mother since she's a musician. 

I watched Lawrence Welk with my parents in the 60's but there is no way my brothers would. Can't believe Jeremy watched it either!

My grandpa went to school,  grades one through eight,  with Lawrence Welk.  In a one room schoolhouse. He received a Christmas card from him every year!

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
(edited)

Jeremy's too young to remember the 80s. I didn't watch Lawrence Welk, but I know PBS showed reruns. 

I'll say this, I've never seen anyone his age reminisce about Lawrence Welk. It's awkward enough to be genuine as opposed to a lot of phony BS. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 10

I guess I'm an anomaly. I'm old enough to be Jeremy's mom and I've never seen Lawrence Welk, nor have my kids, who were born in the 80s.

I have seen Andy Griffith though. 🙃🤣

• Love 10
17 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

To his defense, if you were staying with grandparents, you might have watched this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6