Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

We've seen women with worse educations than Jinger homeschooling their kids. Alyssa Bates? Jill MFing Rodrigues? Don't forget, Jeremy was primarily homeschooled himself until he needed public school to showcase his soccer.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

We've seen women with worse educations than Jinger homeschooling their kids. Alyssa Bates? Jill MFing Rodrigues? Don't forget, Jeremy was primarily homeschooled himself until he needed public school to showcase his soccer.

He mentioned his mom had her masters before marriage and parents need to be educated and have experience to educate their kids. 

he may say this to her and her newfound regret is that she knows Jeremy thinks she’s unworthy compared to his clan because she did not do any of that. Even though he married her bc she was an uneducated “famous” potato. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In my neck of the woods a kid needs to be 5 before their first day of kindergarten. 

In WI, we have 4K in all public school systems. Some 4K programs are full day.  Not compulsory,  but so popular with working parents that there are no longer any 4K day care programs during the school day/year.  

Lutheran and some Catholic schools start with 3K three half days week.  Would not surprise me that there are private Christian schools in CA that are similar.  Lots of educational options available other than homeschooling for little ones prior to turning 5.  Though ... I doubt JingJer are thinking that far ahead.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I agree. I think he realized that Jinger is not fit to educate Felicity. But, at the same time, he doesn’t like public school. He probably will be looking for Christian schools.

And it’s disgusting that he’s making remarks about Jinger’s lack of education. He knew that when he met her. If he wanted a wife with a college degree, he should’ve looked somewhere else. But he chose Jinger because she had a tv show, was easier to manipulate and he could pass for the smart one in the relationship.

He forgets he needed someone dull and dim witted to marry him and be his servant.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, lascuba said:

1. None of that has anything do do with their looks? Someone being more of a victim doesn't change their facial features.

2. Jinger had 100% benefitted from being a part of the Duggar dog and pony show.

3. Jinger has taken an active and enthusiastic part in god bothering people (remember her inspiring anecdote about annoying random strangers about Jesus?), as well as spreading her disgusting beliefs in developing countries. She's as fair game for mockery and criticism as any of her brothers, patriarchy or no.

Agree, they are all fair game and continue to post publicly on SM for literally millions of complete strangers. 

• Love 11
On 8/7/2020 at 8:32 PM, lascuba said:

Well, no one in their right mind would have considered Jinger pretty before the age of 20.

True. I actually thought she was the least attractive of the older girls. Plus, her hair was so dark and she was too "tan", she stood out, but not in a good way.  She's come a long way for sure, but I feel it's all Jeremy's doing.

Edited by HoneyBeach
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, HoneyBeach said:

True. I actually thought she was the least attractive of the older girls. Plus, her hair was so dark and she was too "tan", she stood out, but not in a good way.  She's come a long way for sure, but I feel it's all Jeremy's doing.

If JereME told her to shave her head, there’s not a doubt in my mind that she would do it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

If JereME told her to shave her head, there’s not a doubt in my mind that she would do it.

Oh, absolutely.  I think, of all the older girls, she is the least assertive and most easily managed.  Jeremy wanted a meek wife and that is what she is and always will be.  I suspect that, if you asked Jinger for her honest opinion of anything, she wouldn't have one, but would parrot Jeremy's POV.  That goes for everything from favorite color to books and music to politics.  Jinger is, was and probably always will be a blank slate that anyone in authority over her can write on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 8/8/2020 at 6:39 AM, MsJamieDornan said:

A thought crossed my mind. I wonder if Jeremy said that because he has tried to encourage her to take classes or pursue interests and she refuses?  Or just ignores his urging her to better herself. I can see him doing that so he isnt (in his mind) embarrassed by her lack of education.

And I can see her not wanting to do it, well, she is a bit lazy.

Well she is the Duggar expert packer, so there's that. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Well she is the Duggar expert packer, so there's that. 

Actually, Jessa was the packer. I'm still not sure what Jinger did aside from cooking and cleaning.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm still not sure what Jinger did

I seem to recall her teaching Joy how to make bread in their industrial kitchen during her engagement period.  Wasn't she also the one who gave all the girls their perms?  I thought at some point her wish was to become a hairdresser.  (maybe that was someone else?)

if Jer feels free to slight Jinger on their podcast, just think what he would say about the old shows in private. making laundry soap in a bucket with a drill. the home perms, prairie dresses, children vomiting on camera on a plane. thrift shop bunk beds, making fun of "foreign food" while TLC was fiilming them visiting countries where the food was local. JB and his adding O to words like he was speaking spanish. doing the same in, was it china? I am sure Jer knows JB is a buffoon and feels superior to Jing and the Duggars in all ways. yet he has his Fremont Street LLC set up using the TTH address

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 22
9 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Oh, absolutely.  I think, of all the older girls, she is the least assertive and most easily managed.  Jeremy wanted a meek wife and that is what she is and always will be.  I suspect that, if you asked Jinger for her honest opinion of anything, she wouldn't have one, but would parrot Jeremy's POV.  That goes for everything from favorite color to books and music to politics.  Jinger is, was and probably always will be a blank slate that anyone in authority over her can write on.

The great thing about this is that Jinger's meekness is biting Jeremy in the ass. I don't think he wants her to be at all assertive...what he wants is a meek, worshipful wife who is also  reasonably intelligent and well read enough to reflect well on him. He wanted to be part of a power couple, but he fucked that up by choosing a wife based only on her fame and her ability to stroke her ego. It never occurred to him that her agreeing with everything he said meant that they never had an actual conversation, and that that might mean that she's incapable of having intelligent conversations with others. 

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Actually, Jessa was the packer. I'm still not sure what Jinger did aside from cooking and cleaning.

She didn't even start cooking until after Jill and Jessa left. 

• Love 17

And it’s disgusting that he’s making remarks about Jinger’s lack of education. He knew that when he met her. If he wanted a wife with a college degree, he should’ve looked somewhere else. But he chose Jinger because she had a tv show, was easier to manipulate and he could pass for the smart one in the relationship.

A woman with an education and a job history is a woman with options. Women with options are much harder to control. Jeremy likes the control and Jinger is easy to control. Look at poor Anna. Six kids and no way to get a decent job. Jeremy is no Joel Osteen though. I think he's going to find that building a mega church and gaining fame are more difficult than just marrying a Duggar and taking some poorly staged photos while mooching a free house in Los Angeles.

I wonder what Jeremy's family really thinks of Jinger. 

• Love 24

On 8/8/2020 at 10:24 PM, Future Cat Lady said:

So what does Pompous McPocketSquare want in a wife, anyway?  A blank slate he can mold into his version of the perfect submissive adoring wife?  Or someone that he can hold an intelligent conversation with and who can teach his brood of Props how to read and write?  Because he can't have both.  If he's only just now nudging Jing into educating herself in order to educate their kids, he might've wanted to broach that particular subject before he married into her pseudo-famous family in order to feed his own ego.  Or maybe now that he's been married a couple of years to a piece of Play-Doh who looks to her headship every single day for how to dress, what to eat, where to go, etc., he's realizing that it's not the great deal he thought it was.  I hope that Jing does get some education because she truly wants to fill a void, not because Jeremy signed her up for English Comp 101 at the local community college in order to not be embarrassed by her.

• Love 22

What a weird photo. It looks like Jinger got  her hair touched up and makeup professionally done.

Edit: Never mind. It's an old picture from 2 months ago 🙄.

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 5
11 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Did Jer, the Seminarian,  go to Church yesterday!  It was a full house filled with Civil Disobedience. 

He works there and they're giving him a free home, I'm 100% sure he was there kissing Macarthur's ass. I've been checking their church tag on Instagram in hopes of spotting them there. 

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, Lunera said:

What a weird photo. It looks like Jinger got  her hair touched up and makeup professionally done.

Edit: Never mind. It's an old picture from 2 months ago 🙄.

Filling out a credit card application ? Totally a Sears catalog model.

• LOL 7

If he had said it was her idea, I'd have shrugged and given him the benefit of the doubt. But he doesn't remember who's idea it was? You gotta fully commit to the lie, Jeremy. Equivocating makes the lie obvious.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, lascuba said:

If he had said it was her idea, I'd have shrugged and given him the benefit of the doubt. But he doesn't remember who's idea it was? You gotta fully commit to the lie, Jeremy. Equivocating makes the lie obvious.

He must make a lot of suggestions for her hair, clothing, make up, etc.  I've been married for over 20 years and mrluvbadtv has never suggested a hair color, hair style, etc. for me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
39 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

I would love to find some to plant at my house, one of the few I like the smell of

I thought dog whistle, but maybe not. It’s also called star jasmine.

• Love 2

I remember in the episode where Jinger bought the $300 jacket with Jana, Jinger said that Jeremy had searched for a style for her. So, she admitted on the show that it is Jeremy who is dressing her. We all suspected it any way. Jeremy, own up to it. Goes to show you that Jeremy really didn't like what he originally got in Jinger. He had intentions of changing her from the get go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah I wouldn't like that at all. I've only ever had one guy recommend clothing or looks to me. He was some random douchebag in college who over dinner told me I needed to wear high heels, and I told them if he liked them so fucking much, he could wear them himself. He never spoke to me again. In fact, the rest of the meal was gloriously silent. 🤣

I have the same thoughts about Jeremy if he's dictating Jinger's appearance--and I suspect he is. If he likes blondes so much, maybe he should be the one dying his hair. 

I once had a random guy in a store tell me I should part my hair the other way. I don't think he was flirting or negging me...he said it in such a matter-of-fact way, analytical way. I still think about it, years later, just because of the sheer randomness of it.  And I still haven't changed my part.

Death by a thousand cuts, is how I imagine Jeremy and Jinger's dynamic. I think he constantly makes her aware of all the ways she is lacking.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've been doing some more thinking about this (Jeremy apparently dictating what she wears), and I really find this aspect of Jeremy and Jinger's relationship disturbing. 

I'd feel differently about it if they seemed to have a more equal relationship wherein, say, Jeremy may tell her, "I think you'd look nice in this" but that Jinger also has the freedom to do the same thing for Jeremy. 

I don't, however, think that is the case. It's been a repeated instance of him on their Instagram Lives correcting her opinions, even in a game of Would You Rather--the whole point of which is expressing your opinion and there is no wrong answer--and now him on the podcast seeming to diss her. I don't think Jeremy respects Jinger.

And I've long been bothered by his whole spiel about how he shares with Jinger when he is tempted by other women. I'm not inventing that, right? In another relationship, that might not seem so weird to me, but I would bet large amounts of cash that Jinger isn't allowed to tell him who tempts her. ("You know your douchebro Cade with the ridiculous hair and the punchable face, Jeremy? Sometimes I fantasize about him when we're together.") I think he also said something about she agreed to him doing this, but with the power dynamic between them, I'm not sure Jinger would feel secure enough to tell him, "You know what, Jeremy, no, I don't want to hear this. You're an adult, allegedly. Deal with this yourself."

A few days ago, we were talking about Jeremy and Derick, and someone said that Jeremy is at least not mean. I was trying to article a response to that and it's taken me awhile. But I would agree that Jeremy is not mean in the same way that Derick seems to be, but I would argue that there is still a cruelness in Jeremy. I'm not even sure if he's aware of it. But I don't think that makes his behavior of making his wife feel less secure at his own expense (especially since I imagine he's the one with the raging inferiority complex) any less cruel. 

I said that...and I'd still say he is not mean in the way Derick is.  I agree that everything you describe is not only insensitive, but cruel.  I'm not sure I can explain the difference.  What I see in Derick comes from anger and hatefulness; I think he sees himself as a victim and is frustrated and he strikes out.  I think Jeremy thinks he is kind and is "helping" Jinger to improve herself.  Yes, it is cruel and belittling, but he thinks he is doing a good thing and is not the least bit ashamed to openly demonstrate how he is "helping" her.  The question to me is how Jinger feels about it.  Considering how she was raised, maybe it just seems normal to be treated this way.  It had seemed to me that as unsustainable as it is, Jinger is getting the life she dreamed of.  On the surface that may still be true, but it is at the cost of her gaining any sense of achievement, confidence and independence.

The bottom line for me is that both Jill and Jinger got POS husbands. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I said that...and I'd still say he is not mean in the way Derick is.  I agree that everything you describe is not only insensitive, but cruel.  I'm not sure I can explain the difference.  What I see in Derick comes from anger and hatefulness; I think he sees himself as a victim and is frustrated and he strikes out.  I think Jeremy thinks he is kind and is "helping" Jinger to improve herself.  Yes, it is cruel and belittling, but he thinks he is doing a good thing and is not the least bit ashamed to openly demonstrate how he is "helping" her.  The question to me is how Jinger feels about it.  Considering how she was raised, maybe it just seems normal to be treated this way.  It had seemed to me that as unsustainable as it is, Jinger is getting the life she dreamed of.  On the surface that may still be true, but it is at the cost of her gaining any sense of achievement, confidence and independence.

The bottom line for me is that both Jill and Jinger got POS husbands. 

Yes, I can see all that! And thanks for chiming back in. I couldn't remember who said it or even which thread it was on. I do think Derick is lashing out because he is angry (and I think he has a pretty nasty side, too--he shows this a lot on Twitter with his sarcasm toward people.)

I really do suspect that Jeremy doesn't think what he is doing is cruel--and I imagine he was quite taken aback by the pushback he got from that Would You Rather session wherein he was criticizing her answers--and that Jinger may not even be aware of how disrespectful the dynamic is. In my own personal experience, people who were unwittingly cruel stung more than the ones who were trying to be nasty. I am probably projecting a lot of that experience into this, but it makes Jeremy's actions just even more problematic to me that he can be so thoughtlessly disrespectful to his wife and apparently not think there is anything wrong with it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes, I can see all that! And thanks for chiming back in. I couldn't remember who said it or even which thread it was on. I do think Derick is lashing out because he is angry (and I think he has a pretty nasty side, too--he shows this a lot on Twitter with his sarcasm toward people.)

I really do suspect that Jeremy doesn't think what he is doing is cruel--and I imagine he was quite taken aback by the pushback he got from that Would You Rather session wherein he was criticizing her answers--and that Jinger may not even be aware of how disrespectful the dynamic is. In my own personal experience, people who were unwittingly cruel stung more than the ones who were trying to be nasty. I am probably projecting a lot of that experience into this, but it makes Jeremy's actions just even more problematic to me that he can be so thoughtless disrespectful to his wife and apparently not think there is anything wrong with it. 

It's pathetic.  Jinger is being held down and may not even recognize what is happening.

• Love 9

The sad part is, Jinger is a woman who has been told what to wear and how to wear her hair her entire life by her religious leader and Dad.  Her appearance is meant to be pleasing to the man in charge, it's not about what pleases her.  I bet it doesn't even phase her that her look is dictated by Jeremy.

I think we all admit that she certainly does look better than she did in crunchy curls and jean-maxi skirts.  So even worse, her reflection only confirms to her that Jeremy does know best if he is responsible for the improvement.  

These girls are brainwashed pieces of mush.  I think we place way too high of expectations on them to recognize that anything in their lives is so utterly, disturbingly wrong.  Maybe the brainwashing acts as a good defensive mechanism.  Maybe it actually limits the suffering.    

• Love 6