Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Punchable Aunt Cade and Gabby are this week's guests on the Podcast. Who wants to take one for the team? 

I opened this thread and it started autoplaying the podcast of Jeremy and Punchable Aunt Cade and I can't get it to stop. Had to mute my laptop. Horrifying.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

So....Jeremy is pathetic. Cade has dementia. And as late as 2018 neither Gabby nor Cade realized there was this thing called a search engine. 

Impressive. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jeremy pimps out Punchable Aunt Cade in exchange for podcast hits.

Looks like they're headed to the Church of Covid. Also, are these old pictures? Jermy's hair is long.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, Jeremy, so you admire the belt buckle and vicinity...

• LOL 21

I bet Cade and Gabby visited a while ago, before the $80 haircut.

Gabby's a real celebrity; I seriously doubt this is posted in real time to keep her whereabouts safe.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, he "has a big belt buckle," does he, Jer? 

I guess sometimes a cigar is only a cigar.....But what exactly are you so excited about there, you Conservative Calvinist Fan Boy you? You were positively giddy in the podcast....Sounded kinda hormonally driven to me. And yet Cade's so homely he makes you look passable.....

Strange. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 19
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

He thinks that belt buckle is big? He has obviously never been to a rodeo.

Yeah I also sort of had a Crocodile Dundee "You call that a belt buckle?" moment when I saw it. LOL

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Besides money & control for the preachers and an affirmation that they're better than everybody else, the other reason is to reassert their victim identity. Plus, they're all selfish and logically dumber than a box of rocks.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Sings “good?” Is he trying to be funny or just that stupid?

Well, he says "me and Jinger" did such and such, too. And pretty clearly because he doesn't know any better. So -- all of a piece....

32 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

They are kind of twins!

ECCF8C87-FA2E-40AB-9A4E-B6AC448D8344.jpeg

And I thought Jer was trying to get Jinger to look like Gabby when she first turned up blonde. Now it turns out he was really looking for a Cade type all along....

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

Jinger,like most of the duggars, were never taught to make decisions, nor think for oneself.  This applies to the men as much as the women. 

Jinger and Josiah have more passive personalities..hence why both married alphas..yes..Lauren is an alpha.

Jessa is an alpha,but pretended to not to be until she married.

I think once Jeremy married Jinger..he realized she was a blank slate and took advantage of it.  He thinks he's helping her, but what he's doing is enabling the dysfunctional tendencies she was raised with.  

My dad was raised this way...when he was married to my mom..he acted the way she expected (someone that is decisive).  He remarried someone religious and became a different person..and when I would mention a personality trait of my dad's when he was married to my mom..they had no idea he had a different personality.  It was surreal how effortlessly he would change his personality based on who he was with.  I see that in Jinger...tbh

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

It was surreal how effortlessly he would change his personality based on who he was with.  I see that in Jinger...tbh

I can see all that with JInger.

I had a friend who was like that. He blended in really well with me and my fellow weirdos. Then we encountered him with another group of his friends, and he fit in there, too. After they left, we were all, like, wait, how can he be friends with people who are so normal and still manage to be such an authentic dork with us?! He was a real chameleon. The flip side is he reminded me a touch of Jake Spoon in Lonesome Dove in that he seemed so able to effortlessly change, it made me worry how he would be if he kept significantly worse company. 

• Love 6

Does Jeremy really not know proper grammar, or is he trying to sound  like the cool kids?  He sounds uneducated.  "Me and Jinger" does not cut it with me.  I hope this doesn't carry through in his sermons.  I just stop listening when the speaker can't speak in  correct English.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Does Jeremy really not know proper grammar, or is he trying to sound  like the cool kids?  He sounds uneducated.  "Me and Jinger" does not cut it with me.  I hope this doesn't carry through in his sermons.  I just stop listening when the speaker can't speak in  correct English.

I think he was trying to be cute. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

He often tries to be relatable and rakishly charming or something, I think. But he's seldom very good at being relatable. ..... He doesn't have a very good ear for the tone of what he's writing, it seems....So it's hard to know what he intends.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Dumbasses.

And when the prior page of this forum came up again, it was still playing the audio from the stupid podcast. Avoid page 519, is my advice.

They're dumbasses, all right. And what I find especially disturbing is that there are thousands of them. That is not a small church, and he's filling it to  the brim. Crazytown.

There is a fix for the sound problem, or at least there's a fix that worked for me.

If the thing starts playing when you go to the page, you can open up the video, go over other right side of the toolbar thing at the bottom where the audio symbol is, click it and pull the volume knob down to the bottom. Then it'll turn off.

And I found that after I'd done that, the sound stayed off even when I'd left the page and then returned.

22 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe his belt buckle is just cold. 

Okay, this is going right over my head......And it's driving me crazy! "Cold?' What am I missing -- because I'm definitely missing something.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I just asked the same question!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Lunera said:

Someone on reddit posted a clip of the episode. Basically just fawned over Cade and said that officiating their wedding was one of the highlights of his life.

I’m sure officiating the wedding was a highlight For him due to Gabi’s dress!

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

What a terribly wrinkled suit. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, awaken said:

I’m sure officiating the wedding was a highlight For him due to Gabi’s dress!

What a terribly wrinkled suit. 

Also, looking at the photo more closely, it looks like Jeremy is wearing a belt with pants that don't have belt loops. Because the front of his belt is completely above his pants (you can see the white of his shirt underneath it). WHY??

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Also, looking at the photo more closely, it looks like Jeremy is wearing a belt with pants that don't have belt loops. Because the front of his belt is completely above his pants (you can see the white of his shirt underneath it). WHY??

So unlike him to dress so sloppily!  He’s slipping!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Bahahahaha I can't unsee that now! What the hell? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Cold=shrinkage below the belt buckle. 

Got it. I was having a real mental block there. Thanks -- it was driving me nuts! Doh! 😄

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Dumbasses.

It may be at least partly a political ploy, coordinated with some very high-powered people, to attempt a rally of Christians against the Covid quarantines and everyone associated with them and to galvanize Christians around that cause. A lawyer quoted in the article who's part of the team representing MacArthur, Jenna Ellis, is very highly placed, politically active and fervent, and increasingly spoken of in Washington......

So I wonder whether somebody had the idea that MacArthur's strait-laced, fairly well-off, very established and uppity church would be among the best churches to lead those who are depicting the Covid stuff as a new coordinated assault on Christianity, because of MacArthur's image. That he and his church might be viewed with more admiration than others since they're very much establishment evangelicals, rooted there in Southern Cal, the historical center and fundraising heart of U.S. conservative Christianity.

Having MacArthur as the face of your movement would be quite different from having, say, Joel Osteen as the face of your movement. MacArthur and company think of themselves as the true heirs to the Puritan founders and thus the realer-than-real Americans, whose theology and morality are pristine and unquestionable. If you can present an image that gets others to buy that, you could possibly have some serious influence. Because to at least some people old-fart Johnny M's  "intellectual strict Puritan father in expensive suit" image is classy, American-aristocratic, intimidating and aspirational.

I think that's one of the things that attracts Jer to him -- it's kind of resonant with big, heavy-silk, European Rembrandt pocket squares, seems to me.

I don't know that a huge number of people are just like Jer. But I do think MacArthur was probably working with others on his campaign here and planning it as something of a strong symbolic stance taken for the sake of the Christian nation. Like Jer, he'd love to spark a new revival movement, I expect. Another Great Awakening. And they may envision the Covid thing as God opening the door for something like that. And meanwhile others, like Jenna Ellis, can help shape it into a political action as well. (Google her.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2

@Churchhoney...thank you for the explanation as to why this church is doing what it's doing.  I find the politics as it relates to the pandemic completely exhausting to the point of no longer watching the news so basically I'm an ostrich hiding its head in the sand, getting my information from only a couple of (hopefully) reliable sources.

All I know is - if I'm a California resident, the fact that a megachurch packed 7,000 non-mask wearing people into a building in the name of freedom of assembly and in direct defiance of state orders, I would become exhausted to the point of taking to my room with the vapors and several bottles of wine.

Has Jeremy responded to this in any way other than posting a picture of himself wearing a mask alongside his wife, his boyfriend with the pretty hair and large belt buckle, and his boyfriend's wife?

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It may be at least partly a political ploy, coordinated with some very high-powered people, to attempt a rally of Christians against the Covid quarantines and everyone associated with them and to galvanize Christians around that cause. A lawyer quoted in the article who's part of the team representing MacArthur, Jenna Ellis, is very highly placed, politically active and fervent, and increasingly spoken of in Washington......

So I wonder whether somebody had the idea that MacArthur's strait-laced, fairly well-off, very established and uppity church would be among the best churches to lead those who are depicting the Covid stuff as a new coordinated assault on Christianity, because of MacArthur's image. That he and his church might be viewed with more admiration than others since they're very much establishment evangelicals, rooted there in Southern Cal, the historical center and fundraising heart of U.S. conservative Christianity.

Having MacArthur as the face of your movement would be quite different from having, say, Joel Osteen as the face of your movement. MacArthur and company think of themselves as the true heirs to the Puritan founders and thus the realer-than-real Americans, whose theology and morality are pristine and unquestionable. If you can present an image that gets others to buy that, you could possibly have some serious influence. Because to at least some people old-fart Johnny M's  "intellectual strict Puritan father in expensive suit" image is classy, American-aristocratic, intimidating and aspirational.

I think that's one of the things that attracts Jer to him -- it's kind of resonant with big, heavy-silk, European Rembrandt pocket squares, seems to me.

I don't know that a huge number of people are just like Jer. But I do think MacArthur was probably working with others on his campaign here and planning it as something of a strong symbolic stance taken for the sake of the Christian nation. Like Jer, he'd love to spark a new revival movement, I expect. Another Great Awakening. And they may envision the Covid thing as God opening the door for something like that. And meanwhile others, like Jenna Ellis, can help shape it into a political action as well. (Google her.)

I assume Jenna is a woman? Aren’t they supposed to be subservient and meek, according to this movement?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

@Churchhoney...thank you for the explanation as to why this church is doing what it's doing.  I find the politics as it relates to the pandemic completely exhausting to the point of no longer watching the news so basically I'm an ostrich hiding its head in the sand, getting my information from only a couple of (hopefully) reliable sources.

All I know is - if I'm a California resident, the fact that a megachurch packed 7,000 non-mask wearing people into a building in the name of freedom of assembly and in direct defiance of state orders, I would become exhausted to the point of taking to my room with the vapors and several bottles of wine.

Has Jeremy responded to this in any way other than posting a picture of himself wearing a mask alongside his wife, his boyfriend with the pretty hair and large belt buckle, and his boyfriend's wife?

You're welcome -- but don't take my word as true necessarily, of course! Maybe MacArthur's doing this kind of randomly and for no coherent reason. However, he does have a record of taking high-profile public actions and trying to create national movements, so there are precedents that tend to support my conjecture....

I sympathize completely with the exhaustion thing. This just gets harder and harder to watch, doesn't it?

As far as I know, Jer hasn't said anything. I don't follow his social media, though. So maybe there's something there.....As someone noted upthread, however, he generally tries to ignore the MacArthur/Master's Seminary stuff that raises a lot of eyebrows, probably to preserve a social-media image as being a modern relatable guy who'd be good at selling your coffee......(This effort is thwarted by the fact that he doesn't seem to be very good at selling your coffee, however...)

It's pretty clear that Jer's social-distancing from most of the MacArthur stuff these days is not the full story, though, given all that other people have written about MacArthur's very very strong stance against having anyone in his retinue -- including the computer and lawn-maintenance people at his institutions -- who doesn't attend his church very faithfully and adhere strictly to all of his ideas. There's no way he'd put up with a golden boy who didn't echo his propositions in detail. So Jer is either going along with the church opening enthusiastically or pretending very hard to MacArthur and MacArthur's spies (you know he has them...) that he is....His free house and free seminary degree depend on it.

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I assume Jenna is a woman? Aren’t they supposed to be subservient and meek, according to this movement?

Yep. More cognitive dissonance. Kinda makes me laugh......But I guess she does well for the misogynists because she's highly spoken of and well paid at some of misogyny's very highest levels.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Jessa is an alpha,but pretended to not to be until she married.

Sorry, but I have to throw a flag on the Jessa thing.  She dialed it down in the full court press to court and marry Bin, but to be fair her method of doing so was basically to hide it under a very open weave wicker basket.  There were comments by family members onscreen throughout this time that they didn't know how certain things in the home were going to be managed going forward without Jessa's strong sense of control in charge anymore.  I don't remember the particulars of the jurisdictions she managed, but I do know that packing for trips was one of them.  The siblings and even JB and M were onscreen talking about Jessa taking no prisoners when pushing to achieve her desired result.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Sorry, but I have to throw a flag on the Jessa thing.  She dialed it down in the full court press to court and marry Bin, but to be fair her method of doing so was basically to hide it under a very open weave wicker basket.  There were comments by family members onscreen throughout this time that they didn't know how certain things in the home were going to be managed going forward without Jessa's strong sense of control in charge anymore.  I don't remember the particulars of the jurisdictions she managed, but I do know that packing for trips was one of them.  The siblings and even JB and M were onscreen talking about Jessa taking no prisoners when pushing to achieve her desired result.

This is also the trait that got her put in charge of SOTDRT, I think. If some kid didn't scroll all the way through an online lesson and click "complete," but got up from their chair and wandered off instead, Jessa wouldn't hesitate to chase them down, knock them to the floor and sit on them.....She didn't get that job because she knew a lot or gave a crap about learning. But she loves being in control and will do whatever it takes to keep control -- and what they wanted was to have the kids tick all the boxes so they will seem to have completed an education. Jessa was just the enforcer they needed, apparently.

(Seems like Jana would have worked as the enforcer there too, surprisingly enough. But she probably already had way too many jobs to take on school enforcer.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

There’s only one teensy tiny problem with MacArthur’s stunt...Covid doesn’t care who you are, how many people kiss your ass, or what book you wave around...it just wants a nice cozy respiratory system in which to have lots and lots of little Covids. It’s quiverfull that way. And these little Covids “leave and cleave” spectacularly well.

So probably it’s wrong of me, but I hope Covid latches on to MacArthur first. Exploiting people’s faith for money and power is bad enough...putting them at risk for a terrible disease is even worse.

Dare I say, "Amen"?

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

There’s only one teensy tiny problem with MacArthur’s stunt...Covid doesn’t care who you are, how many people kiss your ass, or what book you wave around...it just wants a nice cozy respiratory system in which to have lots and lots of little Covids. It’s quiverfull that way. And these little Covids “leave and cleave” spectacularly well.

So probably it’s wrong of me, but I hope Covid latches on to MacArthur first. Exploiting people’s faith for money and power is bad enough...putting them at risk for a terrible disease is even worse.

I absolutely understand how you feel.  I've felt it myself about some other pompous blowhards who don't even notice, let alone care, about how many lives their self serving agenda is putting at risk.   I'm not even remotely fundie, but I actually do attempt to live my life as a mainstream Christian and have had to (repeatedly) remind myself that it is against my beliefs to wish covid or any other ill on those I loathe with the fire of 1,000 suns.   What can I say, I'm clearly well suited for a belief system that offers up forgiveness in large doses because I struggle with temptation and could never fit the keep sweet mold.    

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

This is also the trait that got her put in charge of SOTDRT, I think. If some kid didn't scroll all the way through an online lesson and click "complete," but got up from their chair and wandered off instead, Jessa wouldn't hesitate to chase them down, knock them to the floor and sit on them.....She didn't get that job because she knew a lot or gave a crap about learning. But she loves being in control and will do whatever it takes to keep control -- and what they wanted was to have the kids tick all the boxes so they will seem to have completed an education. Jessa was just the enforcer they needed, apparently.

(Seems like Jana would have worked as the enforcer there too, surprisingly enough. But she probably already had way too many jobs to take on school enforcer.)

I believe Jessa got promoted to schoolmarm (and a bunch of other 'positions') after Josie's birth. She went from the biggest pain in the ass, to one a Michelle's favorites, with a snap of a finger and bypassed Jana and Jill in the chain of command.

• Love 5