Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

That crossed my mind at first too (feeling hopeful that he wasn't totally filling his big sanctuary with dumbasses) but -- there were a handful of people wearing masks among the large crowd. So if they were reused pictures, they would have had to be very carefully photoshopped...

Plus, besides the fact that the photos were published by large LA media outlets -- who would have been as skeptical as we are about whether so many people would show up -- some of the published photos of the packed crowd have been screen grabs from the actual live video of the most recent service and I think at least one other was taken by a reporter.

So, yep, the congregation is as nutso and as heedless of the public good as their chief. "Pampered and entitled" is it, all right. And pampered and entitled to the point of deep stupidity, risking serious harm to yourself as well as to everybody else. And yet this is the group of people who are among the most likely to loudly declare themselves the true "patriots."

I can't go back and find the pictures with masked parishioners because J & J's podcast starts to play.  Could you re-post them?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I can't go back and find the pictures with masked parishioners because J & J's podcast starts to play.  Could you re-post them?

Here's one from their July 26 service. This was posted by CNN. There is a child, I think, with a mask over on the right hand side, right behind MacArthur's back, in about the third visible row. 

image.thumb.png.c192ab0e43692a613244a489259b366b.png

• Useful 4
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

For anyone with some time:

A Biblical Case for the Church’s Duty to Remain Open

https://www.gracechurch.org/news/posts/1988?fbclid=IwAR2kN0lo9vEFj0KOa82jJWNi_aQNsKntgcop0Kbt7CcLuCTzvINV-rUjTc4

OK, so, presuming that Corona is an act of God, like a fire, an earthquake, a tornado; does that mean that Jesus expects people to risk their lives to attend services?  That He sent the virus as a test of the strength of our faith?  That, if California was to suffer a major earthquake or a brush fire should come close enough for the area around the church to be evacuated; that Grace Community Church would be open as usual and packed to the rafters with people?

God expects us to worship him and part of that is to use our common sense and to respect the dangers in this world He created.

I suppose this is why so many of these people continue to insist the virus is a hoax and no worse than the flu.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 12

From his justification to remain open: 

"And government is specifically tasked with the oversight and protection of civic peace and well-being within the boundaries of a nation or community"

I'd say then that the government does have the authority to impose rules on churches right now. It's to protect the well-being of the community, so he's just disproven his "justification" for opening fully without any safety measures. Kenneth Copeland had his annual conference in Fort Worth and the faithful of course were there without masks. Sigh. These people just frustrate me, maybe more than most, because this is the world I was raised in so I know how their Persecution Complex clouds any common sense. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The parking area for this church must be huge. 

They have at least three parking lots that I've seen.

ETA:  The live stream is on now.  They have no choir and theirs is usually huge.

The musicians are distanced, but not masked.  

So far they haven't shown the congregation.

MacArthur has begun nattering so I'm out.  So far camera only on him.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 9
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I figured she’d be pregnant soon and am fascinated to see how it all plays out. As I have said before Gabby was one of the most overtly ambitious American Idol contestants I have seen in years on that show. She wasted no time trying to pretend it was all one big family rooting for each other - girlfriend wanted to win. And now she has had some real, serious success on country radio while Cade, her headship, is only famous for being Jeremy’s friend. His music career is going nowhere fast. Her first album just came out in June. I wonder if he’ll force her to pump the brakes now that she’ll be a mother to his child or if he is still hoping to ride the coattails of her success with the goal of eventually being the real star in the relationship. I have always felt like this relationship was going to go up in flames when he started to really put his foot down about her true role being a wife and mother and I still think that will be the case. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, TeeMo said:

I figured she’d be pregnant soon and am fascinated to see how it all plays out. As I have said before Gabby was one of the most overtly ambitious American Idol contestants I have seen in years on that show. She wasted no time trying to pretend it was all one big family rooting for each other - girlfriend wanted to win. And now she has had some real, serious success on country radio while Cade, her headship, is only famous for being Jeremy’s friend. His music career is going nowhere fast. Her first album just came out in June. I wonder if he’ll force her to pump the brakes now that she’ll be a mother to his child or if he is still hoping to ride the coattails of her success with the goal of eventually being the real star in the relationship. I have always felt like this relationship was going to go up in flames when he started to really put his foot down about her true role being a wife and mother and I still think that will be the case. 

I so hope you're right in this prediction. Although now it's depressing because there's a child involved. 

She's 20 and he's 24. There's no reason in the world that they couldn't have waited three or four years at least to start a family, given what's going on with her career right now. She's obviously going to have to put things on hold at least partly -- and probably in large part -- now.....and the idea that in show biz you're going to get a second chance when you pass on the first one is ludicrous. She's been having really really good luck for a beginner off of a talent show and to have to back off just when you're getting some momentum is nuts. 

And he's such a sexist I'm inclined to think that part of his reason for not insisting she strike while the iron is hot is sheer jealousy, whether he realizes that or not. 

Infuriating. There's no way she won't eventually feel resentful about this. And they're bringing an innocent child into what's clearly going to be marriage difficulty.....Plus, if they split up she's risking losing her career entirely just at the time she'll have to provide for both herself and a child.

Cade -- as sexist as Jer and now, we see, just as stupid. 

Their big dumb wedding should have been called "The Funeral of Gabby's Future."  Presiding Pastor: Jeremy Vuolo. I'm sure he wants funerals on his resume just as much as he wants weddings. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe Cade thinks he can support them. 😂

Well, I think he wants to be a country-rock-singing conservative Calvinist preacher......Don't know how many of those are required currently....But he and Jer may find themselves fighting for the same preacher jobs one day soon. What will happen to their romance then? .

Jer may have the master's degree. But Cade will have a gimmick. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Gabby is going to be home barefoot and pregnant until menopause. Her career is over.

She and Cade aren't necessarily quiverfull.  They don't hang out with most of the Duggars. I don't consider JinJer quiverfull either.  They seem to have put kids on hold for a little while. 

Actually I wonder if part of the rush to have kids is the pandemic. Normally this would be the time when she would be on tour.  The pandemic means she (and he) can't tour for a while. Her career was mainly on-hold anyway. She can make Instagram videos performing the song, or songs from the album.

I do think having kids will limit her career in the long run, but Carrie Underwood and other female country singers manage to balance music and motherhood. 

A large part of her success imo is that American Idol wanted an alum who have hits and make the show more relevant. I think the people who are supporting her will likely try to convince her to keep going. 

It's hard to say what Gabby's actual beliefs are, because people don't always agree with everything they hear in church or that friends think. Also people can grow and evolve. Gabby isn't as fundie as most of these people and she may change a lot. 

Topic: I'm sure she and Jinger are excited to be having girls around the same age. 

• Love 5

I know nearly zero about Gabby and Cade. Has Gabby given any indication that she's incapable of making her own decisions? I'm thinking she had some drive and independence to make on American Idol.

Maybe she was the driving force about having a baby. And children may make balancing a career harder, but they don't always stop it in its track.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I’m too tired to look it up, but Punchable Aunt Cade posted a long screed about how Biblically correct “Little Mama “ (his pet name for her...subtle, no?) was in taking care of him, being humble, and being “so much more than just a singer.” I’m paraphrasing some of it, but it was patronizing headship bullshit and it made me gag.

I hope she yanks him up short, announces he’s going to be a STAH father or GTFO, and enjoys her career.

And I despise country music.

Other than JC,  Patsy,  Loretta and DOLLY?  Please?

• Love 4

FYI  I listen to the Bobby bones show in the car sometimes, Gabby and Cade Or guests on Friday. It was a fairly generic interview but I only heard about five minutes worth, mainly just talking about marriage and typical things like that. And then about her songs. It did sound like she was going somewhere so I’m wondering with this child will do to their marriage. They sounded much more realistic and, I don’t know, human, then Jeremy and Jingle ever could.  I just remember thinking how quickly they will be dropped when I was listening to real celebrities like Gabby speak. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

-

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

8dnvwffkhhh51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

You two boneheads seem pretty similar to me.

I'm thinking Cade wants to be the next boring-and-not-that-smart-but-nevertheless-clinging-to-the-edges-of-fame sexist to score a free house from MacArthur, since he's busy retweeting old John. Here's a little tribute to expository preaching, which I guess he wants to pursue at the Master's Seminary, just like his bestie Jer.

Seems to me all three of them say a lot of stuff that's not actually exposition of a text.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

In his stories, where the picture appears, the “what’s the difference between me and you” lines are the only part of the song he has playing. Interesting song choice, IMO.

Should have included:

AA061BCF-9997-479E-AFF3-479A9AB3E136.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In his stories, where the picture appears, the “what’s the difference between me and you” lines are the only part of the song he has playing. Interesting song choice, IMO.

Should have included:

AA061BCF-9997-479E-AFF3-479A9AB3E136.jpeg

IOW, "We're great! You're not!"

I'd say that's a pretty typical sentiment for these guys. 😁

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

IOW, "We're great! You're not!"

I'd say that's a pretty typical sentiment for these guys. 😁

"I'm Jeremy Vuolo, and you're not."

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

To which most think to themselves, hallelujah.

We'd better be careful or we're really going to give Jeremy a BIG sad with this.

I mean, "influencer" and "preacher" (not to mention "pro athlete") are all about leading people by means of your aspirational nature! He hasn't yet tried for a job where you, you know, just do the job and don't inspire people to try being like you. And something tells me he doesn't want to....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Gabby's made some bank. They should be able to afford a nanny.

Not sure she’s made that much...initial record company contracts are usually pretty shitty. Unless she hits it big enough to where she can dictate the terms, I doubt they’re rich or even particularly comfortable. She and RFP may have some mutual parasitism happening...if Gabby can sell her music to a bunch of Jinger followers and RFP can pick up some of Gabby’s for those super-riveting podcasts, it’s a win/win. Eyeroll.

16 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Other than JC,  Patsy,  Loretta and DOLLY?  Please?

Okay, FFG, enjoy. I still love you.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Gabby's made some bank. They should be able to afford a nanny.

Didn't Gabby get her start as an American Idol finalist? She probably didn't make much, I seem to remember Kelly Clarkson complaining about the stringent terms of her AI record deal and she was an actual winner on the show. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Didn't Gabby get her start as an American Idol finalist? She probably didn't make much, I seem to remember Kelly Clarkson complaining about the stringent terms of her AI record deal and she was an actual winner on the show. 

My understanding is that the Idol machine owns your behind for at least a year to capitalize on the usually temporary fame. Then the singers usually get dumped and if they’re lucky, some other label picks them up. 

Given the state of the music industry, the best bet for money seems to have been touring, usually as an opener, but now with Covid? Gabby and Cade aren’t getting big money, even if she had a zillion downloads.

• Love 14
21 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

My understanding is that the Idol machine owns your behind for at least a year to capitalize on the usually temporary fame. Then the singers usually get dumped and if they’re lucky, some other label picks them up. 

Given the state of the music industry, the best bet for money seems to have been touring, usually as an opener, but now with Covid? Gabby and Cade aren’t getting big money, even if she had a zillion downloads.

Well, Jingle needs a bestie. Jer already has several. I'm sure Gabby won't mind giving up that career-that-might-have-taken-off so she can roll prams with Jinge and go to coffee shops instead. 

Gabby's toured and opened for pretty many people already, given her age, and she had a reputation for competitiveness and being a budding professional on the show, apparently. But the early careers of people coming off talent shows are very very fragile. And I think few people would say it isn't imperative to strike when the iron is hot and totally devote yourself to making the most of every opportunity in the early going to sustain even the most promising beginnings. 

In my opinion, she's an absolute idiot to squander one of the rare promising starts to have a baby at 20. I'd call it a lousy sense of priorities derived from the patriarchal evangelical world she lives in. 

But maybe they'll move to LA so Cade can go to the Master's Seminary and Gabby can be that friend we always say Jingle needs.

I'm sure she won't be bitter if her career withers for lack of tending and she ends up being a Christian wife and mommy, period. That's a perfectly fine life for people who choose it. But she didn't seem to be choosing it up to now. Although maybe she's just changed her mind. She looked at Jingle and said,"Gosh! I wish that was me!"

(Sarcasm -- I doubt Gabby has the slightest interest in Jingle or the stay-at-home-wife thing. But she might end up closer to that fate than she ever expected, I think. Nobody succeeds off a talent show without working their asses off and making that their top priority for a long time, looks like to me.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

noticed today Jeremy's Freemont Street LLC is now listed as Not Current - Has not been dissolved so I bet he didn't file the yearly required paperwork. Josiah's Milagro Designs LLC has also gone to Non Current status

Corporation Name FREMONT STREET LLC

Fictitious Names

Filing #811213720

Filing Type Limited Liability Company

Filed under Act Domestic LLC; 1003 of 1993

Status Not Current

Principal Address P O BOX ****
TONTITOWN, AR 72770

Reg. Agent JEREMY VUOLO

Agent Address ***

SPRINGDALE, AR 72762

Date Filed 08/10/2019

Officers JEREMY VUOLO , Incorporator/Organizer

• Useful 6
26 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

noticed today Jeremy's Freemont Street LLC is now listed as Not Current - Has not been dissolved so I bet he didn't file the yearly required paperwork. Josiah's Milagro Designs LLC has also gone to Non Current status

Corporation Name FREMONT STREET LLC

Fictitious Names

Filing #811213720

Filing Type Limited Liability Company

Filed under Act Domestic LLC; 1003 of 1993

Status Not Current

Principal Address P O BOX ****
TONTITOWN, AR 72770

Reg. Agent JEREMY VUOLO

Agent Address ***

SPRINGDALE, AR 72762

Date Filed 08/10/2019

Officers JEREMY VUOLO , Incorporator/Organizer

Well, so much for the speculation that they've been bringing in a lot of money to put aside into this tax-free vehicle and build a strong financial future.  😁

Either that or Jer finally woke up and realized it might not be the smartest thing in the world to mingle his money and his name with Jim Bob's moneymaking ventures.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, so much for the speculation that they've been bringing in a lot of money to put aside into this tax-free vehicle and build a strong financial future.  😁

Either that or Jer finally woke up and realized it might not be the smartest thing in the world to mingle his money and his name with Jim Bob's moneymaking ventures.

Bin also paid a late fee in July on his 2019 personal taxes an extra $11.68 on a $111 tax bill - aren't all known for their super thriftiness??

2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I vote RFP spaced off the paperwork because he’s too busy taking selfies and staring in mirrors.

i think if there was ever anything actually in the LLC as far as property or anything Jer has sold it

• Love 5

He'd better be busy with his expository preaching homework.

With a second kid on the way, the potential for having to pay tuition for those children, a designer-coffee and designer-clothing habit, and a penchant for living in big expensive cities, they're going to need a lot of cash for a long long time. 

• Love 15
22 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, Jingle needs a bestie. Jer already has several. I'm sure Gabby won't mind giving up that career-that-might-have-taken-off so she can roll prams with Jinge and go to coffee shops instead. 

Gabby's toured and opened for pretty many people already, given her age, and she had a reputation for competitiveness and being a budding professional on the show, apparently. But the early careers of people coming off talent shows are very very fragile. And I think few people would say it isn't imperative to strike when the iron is hot and totally devote yourself to making the most of every opportunity in the early going to sustain even the most promising beginnings. 

In my opinion, she's an absolute idiot to squander one of the rare promising starts to have a baby at 20. I'd call it a lousy sense of priorities derived from the patriarchal evangelical world she lives in. 

But maybe they'll move to LA so Cade can go to the Master's Seminary and Gabby can be that friend we always say Jingle needs.

I'm sure she won't be bitter if her career withers for lack of tending and she ends up being a Christian wife and mommy, period. That's a perfectly fine life for people who choose it. But she didn't seem to be choosing it up to now. Although maybe she's just changed her mind. She looked at Jingle and said,"Gosh! I wish that was me!"

(Sarcasm -- I doubt Gabby has the slightest interest in Jingle or the stay-at-home-wife thing. But she might end up closer to that fate than she ever expected, I think. Nobody succeeds off a talent show without working their asses off and making that their top priority for a long time, looks like to me.)

I know nothing of these two outside of what's posted here, so I'm generalizing, but...religion makes people change in really bizarre ways. And for some women, the combo of religion plus love? Yikes. I gather that Gabby has always been religious; it's possible and even likely that falling for Cade made her more so. She might have that much in common with Jinger--her brain stops functioning when she's into a guy. So she meets Cade, he marries her and gets her pregnant while they're still in the honeymoon period, and she either thinks this will have no adverse affect on her ambitions or she doesn't have those ambitions anymore.

Reminds me of Michelle a bit. I remember one episode where the producers asked her about all the activities she participated in in high school and how she managed to go from that to her current life, and she--in a rare moment of normal voiced sincerity--said she transferred all that energy she had as a teen to being a wife and mother. Finding religion/cult really changed the trajectory of her life in ways I don't think she regrets. Maybe Gabby will be the same.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Punchable Aunt Cade...man bun and skinny jeans tucked into boots. Bless his heart.

The hideous boots and the ugly belt buckle. I like the man bun because I hate men with long hair period. Hope Cade washes his hair regularly. Cade just looks ridiculous in the picture.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

The hideous boots and the ugly belt buckle. I like the man bun because I hate men with long hair period. Hope Cade washes his hair regularly. Cade just looks ridiculous in the picture.

I don't have a moral objection to the man bun...to each his own...but his whole outfit is hilarious to me because I live in Nashville. The hipsters wear the skinny jeans and perhaps a man bun. The country wannabees wear the boots (NEVER tucked in) and the buckle. And never shall the two meet, until Aunt Cade. LOL

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

I don't have a moral objection to the man bun...to each his own...but his whole outfit is hilarious to me because I live in Nashville. The hipsters wear the skinny jeans and perhaps a man bun. The country wannabees wear the boots (NEVER tucked in) and the buckle. And never shall the two meet, until Aunt Cade. LOL

So the hipsters don't employ the French Tuck as a way to showcase the buckle??😀

• LOL 10
  • Love 2