Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

And why would you ask that of a married couple,  neither of whom was single all that long? 

Well, JereME was 27 or 28 when he got married and had some real life experience. But Jinger? Nada. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy shit.

But my next question to Jinger would be, what's stopping her from pursuing her interests now? 

Ouch! Yeah, that's pretty horrible. I can totally identify with Jinger, though. I never wanted to be anything but a wife and mother either. Maybe that's because the only women/role models I had growing up were wives and mothers, or maybe it was just the way I was wired, I don't know. I also don't think that's a bad thing, and at the risk of drawing all sorts of wrath, I'll add that I don't know that it would be a bad thing if more women felt that it was a calling which didn't make them feel somehow inferior. I'm all for anyone following a true calling if that's what they feel driven to do, and I realize that in this day and age a one-income household is just not feasible for most households, but I still don't think that's the optimal situation for families. Just shoot me now.

I don't think it's too late for Jinger, if she really has outside passions, such as her photography, or whatever, but if it's just an interest rather than a passion, day-to-day life may just push it aside.

That's pretty much what happened to me. I always wanted to be a wife and mother, but also always spent all my free time, and most of the time that I should have been doing something else, in drawing and painting. I always really wanted to go to art school as well, but since my parents refused to fund an education in a trivial pursuit, I went to college, originally as a biology major, then, when the chemistry courses proved a bit beyond me, switched to a useless (for me) major in psychology. I worked for a few years as a pharmacy tech, which I enjoyed, but had no real interest in expanding on, and quit working after having my kids, never looking back. 

It was only after they were starting to leave the nest that I really realized that I had ended up more or less sapped of any education I'd gained, at least as far as anything that was useful for finding a job, and since we were still moving around every two years or so with the Navy, it was more comfortable to just maintain the status quo. I took an art class here and there, but mostly just realized that while I had some talent, I was woefully behind, and too set in the ways I'd devised myself - trying to re-learn stuff I'd been making do with was just too frustrating, and I just had too many addictions in online behavior (social media, podcasts, any number of stupid things) by that point, which had come to outweigh whatever passion for art I might once have had. I just didn't have the ambition to fight it, and I hate that it worked out this way, but I'm not sure where or at which point I might have changed it for myself.

Now, yeah, I know this is probably way too much about me, and, mods, please forgive me, but my point really does go back to Jinger...If she is, well, maybe not happy, per se, but content, and Jer is encouraging that, she may simply not have the capacity to realize that there might be more for her. My upbringing might have been pretty conservative and sheltered, but nothing as bad as what these cultish families practice, and if I somehow managed to still tie myself down to the extent I have (at 61, I doubt I'll really break much freer than I am now), then I can't really blame Jinger for whatever trajectory her life takes, even if it's not optimal.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Crystal Ball Katie listened to it and played a part that answers this question. 

Jinger said all she wanted was to be a wife and mother. She regrets not pursuing any interests, including music, between the ages of 18-22. Then Jeremy butts in to ask what can you offer your children if you don't have any life experience. 

Ouch.

I'm confused (about several things here, actually...). But about this -- What was she doing between the ages of 18-22 when she wasn't pursuing any interests? Did she actually have that much child care and housework to do? .... Jana and Joy were on deck, too, weren't they? And Jessa for part of that time? Plus Mary? 

She wasn't studying anything, she didn't have any friends, she didn't have a part-time job, she sure as heck didn't have a boyfriend, she doesn't claim to be a reader, they don't seem to have watched a whole lot of video or tv during that time, so what was it?

Wash a few dishes, throw some disposable plates and cups in the trash, go for a short run and then sit with her jaw hanging slack the rest of the day? Huh? 

I'd really like to know what she was doing with her time. Her life must have been more of a hideous vacuum than I'd even imagined. I thought the girls must at least have done some music...and Jinger some photography....But to feel that she's done nothing -- from 18 to 22. Yeesh. That's depressing. ....And then of course there's that remark from Jeremy....Yikes. What a jerk. 

They get support from nowhere for anything, it seems. We know JB and M support nothing. And even the outside world -- whenever evidence comes up that Jana probably spends time doing her innocent drawings, she gets bashed and ridiculed for it because they're naive, as the Duggar women are....They really can't win anywhere....

You're only 26, Jingle. There's still time for your life to have lots of good stuff in it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20

30 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jesus Christ, I’d go straight for his balls.  It might help the ratings. 

Just to defend jingle, she was never really allowed to develop interests, so it’s not like it was her choice. Wasn’t she into photography, too? 

This confirms my long held belief that the photography thing was solely about having something to do for TLC. Jinger is the original Lauren, except Lauren apparently went to an actual school for a while before flat out stating that she wasn't at all interested and preferred to just stay at home. Jinger had all this time and some resources to do something with her time other than go on missioncations. And I'm not going to put the blame completely on JB/M. No, they wouldn't have allowed Jinger to pursue any kind of legitimate education, but they would have allowed her to do something with her time. Jana and Jill were the workhorses of the family, yet Jill actually pursued bootleg midwifery. She put in the time and effort for that. And the fact that I'm saying anything remotely positive about Jill's midwifery "training" makes me hate Jinger more.

That podcast sounds life it could have been interesting if Jinger had made the leap and reflected on how her upbringing was arranged specifically to avoid her developing any interest or useful skills.

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, lascuba said:

This confirms my long held belief that the photography thing was solely about having something to do for TLC. Jinger is the original Lauren, except Lauren apparently went to an actual school for a while before flat out stating that she wasn't at all interested and preferred to just stay at home. Jinger had all this time and some resources to do something with her time other than go on missioncations. And I'm not going to put the blame completely on JB/M. No, they wouldn't have allowed Jinger to pursue any kind of legitimate education, but they would have allowed her to do something with her time. Jana and Jill were the workhorses of the family, yet Jill actually pursued bootleg midwifery. She put in the time and effort for that. And the fact that I'm saying anything remotely positive about Jill's midwifery "training" makes me hate Jinger more.

That podcast sounds life it could have been interesting if Jinger had made the leap and reflected on how her upbringing was arranged specifically to avoid her developing any interest or useful skills.

I don't think she's capable of such self-reflection. It would also put her Counting On monies and stardom in jeopardy. JereME won't be having any of that! Get back in your corner, meek wife! 😢

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

At one time she was supposed to be interested in photography. 

supposedly - yet JB owned the fancy cameras or they were TLC props.  Jer certainly isn't going to buy one of those for Jing to pursue an interest since they have some photographer at the beck and call

showing Jing is a baker and a do nothing but pose in pics that flatter Jer's image that he believes himself to be.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Didn’t they try to claim she flipped cars? Or something! Sad, because ages 18-22 are the college years for most.

And even if you don't go to  college, they're still the first real job years, the years of tons of socializing, deciding how much of a drinker you are, living on your own for the first time, changing your mind about everything -- It seems like kind of a law of nature that those are pretty full and active years, no matter what the end result is -- not years of emptiness, which is the way hers sound, unless we're mishearing it .... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Didn’t they try to claim she flipped cars? Or something! Sad, because ages 18-22 are the college years for most.

Oh, god, that blatant lie was equal parts hilarious and enraging. That whole episode was about how Jinger flips cars in her spare time, and it was her brothers who picked out the car at auctions, "fixed" it, arranged for a buyer, and stood there while the obvious actor haggled with Jinger for the car. Jinger literally (and I'm using the dictionary definition of the word) stood there and contributed not a damn thing. She really is useless.

And someone on the boards was was able to confirm that the buyer was some random guy they got to perform on camera didn't actually but the car.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

Is it possible that she and Jessa together were so much the pretty ones, the queen bees, the superior ones, looking down on nerdy Jana and Jill with their drawing and midwifery, that doing nothing was almost a matter of pride for Jessa and Jinger? 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Is it possible that she and Jessa together were so much the pretty ones, the queen bees, the superior ones, looking down on nerdy Jana and Jill with their drawing and midwifery, that doing nothing was almost a matter of pride for Jessa and Jinger? 

Well, no one in their right mind would have considered Jinger pretty before the age of 20.

• Love 10
Just now, lascuba said:

Well, no one in their right mind would have considered Jinger pretty before the age of 20.

True. But I thought maybe she could piggyback on the rep of beauty of my-bestie-Jessa-the-hot-girl and then finesse it with the reputation she seemed to cultivate of being the fashion maven! 😁

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

True. But I thought maybe she could piggyback on the rep of beauty of my-bestie-Jessa-the-hot-girl and then finesse it with the reputation she seemed to cultivate of being the fashion maven! 😁

In all seriousness, I don't think Jinger and Jessa were so much the queen bees as they were just lucky to be born after two pretty competent sisters. Just birth order stuff that plagues lots of families to some degree. Also, they--or at least Jessa with Jinger blindly agreeing--had enough sense to know their family is embarrassing, and therefore did their best to lay low and secretly mock.

• Love 14

I mean, Jinger was awkward for a good long while but dayum, dissing how a 16 year old who had no say on being on TV looked? DAYUM. (And I'm not talking about JEREMY.)

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Crystal Ball Katie listened to it and played a part that answers this question. 

Jinger said all she wanted was to be a wife and mother. She regrets not pursuing any interests, including music, between the ages of 18-22. Then Jeremy butts in to ask what can you offer your children if you don't have any life experience. 

Ouch.

Basically Jerkme has regrets like Dereck. Married a meek, helpless little girl/wife that can’t do anything. Fantasy was better than reality. 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

I mean, Jinger was awkward for a good long while but dayum, dissing how a 16 year old who had no say on being on TV looked? DAYUM. (And I'm not talking about JEREMY.)

That's different about all the mocking of the balding Duggar men, how?

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

And why would you ask that of a married couple,  neither of whom was single all that long? 

Right, I would be more likely to listen to a podcast on this topic featuring Jana, John, and Abby. All three of them have years of experience and might have some insight. Probably not, since they're Duggars, but there's a possibility that Abby might have something new to say.

• Love 15

He actually went on to say how successful both his parents and siblings are/were successful before being married. And how admirable that is to him. Zero mention of her useless clan. He tired to make her seem less handicapped by mentioning her vast “travel” but at the end of the day the success and pride was all his crew. And she admitted she had no real experience being single but they used that For their “advise”. One part of it was to use your singleness to glorify God and be a better person.

I listened for the snark and it wasn’t half as bad as I was expecting. Although J is full of himself Jingle really was the blabbering idiot/dingbat in this one. (First one I’ve listened to). And they both admitted they were in no position to give advise but they were sharing what they know. He even acknowledged it was ok for women to stay single 😱😱. Thank God ladies you have permission form JerMEE! 

Edited by NotthebadVictoria
Sp
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

Lots and lots of fundie particularly girl fundies have "interests" or " even businesses as photographers.  Maggie Rose Burnett (Abbie Duggar's sister) is a photographer with a business. Madison Nicole is a friend of the Duggars, and a fundie girl with photography business.  Both Sarah Maxwell and her brother Christopher have pursued photography. I'm probably missing some, but it's very popular for young fundie girls to be into photography. They make a little money and still live at home.

As for music, Jinger wasn't that into music before she left home. She seems to like music more, because of Jeremy. It's possible she just likes what Jeremy likes. But it's also possible that her parents' and Gothards' restrictions on music were too limiting for her to really enjoy music before she left home. The Duggars only really listened to religious music, some classical music and maybe a little country music.  Even some Christian music, like Christian Rock, was too wordly for them, because they can't listen to music that has too much of a beat. Jinger has now been introduced to real musicians like her in-laws. She listens to some mainstream pop/country music. She have more interest, because she's been exposed to a broader spectrum of music. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

He actually went on to say how successful both his parents and siblings are/were successful before being married. And how admirable that is to him. Zero mention of her useless clan. He tired to make her seem less handicapped by mentioning her vast “travel” but at the end of the day the success and pride was all his crew. And she admitted she had no real experience being single but they used that For their “advise”. One part of it was to use your singleness to glorify God and be a better person.

I listened for the snark and it wasn’t half as bad as I was expecting. Although J is full of himself Jingle really was the blabbering idiot/dingbat in this one. (First one I’ve listened to). And they both admitted they were in no position to give advise but they were sharing what they know. He even acknowledged it was ok for women to stay single 😱😱. Thank God ladies you have permission form JerMEE! 

I was wondering if they'd mention her travel, all TLC sponsored aside from the SOS missioncations.

• Love 9

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

That's different about all the mocking of the balding Duggar men, how?

1. The balding Duggar boys are living in a patriarchal system that glorifies them for having been born with a Y chromosome and a penis. 

2. The balding Duggar boys are benefitting from said patriarchal system that assumes they are more deserving of agency than if they had not been born with a Y chromosome (not that agency is valued in this particular patriarchal system but you still have more options as a boy than a girl).

3. The blading Duggar boys were not sexually abused by one of their siblings and forced to stand up and say how okay that was and continue to glorify their nauseatingly bad parents.

• Love 15

I don't recognize the majority of the hymns the Duggars sing even though I was a pretty regular church goer for the first 45 years of my life. Granted most of the churches I went to did a mixture of bible passages set to music and Hillsong-type songs along with songs out of a hymnal which were targeted to the older members.

And now I have "Nothing but the blood of Jesus" stuck in my head.  

• Love 6

I don't Jinger said she regretted her life from 18-22. I think she was more saying she now realizes she could have used that time differently. Most of us have said similar things in regard to school, career choices, timing of marriage and/or having children.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with @yogi2014L as to why Derick is feuding with JB. He was feuding with TLC to begin with over money and ego and then transferred the feud to JB, when JB sided with TLC and not Derick. When Derick insisted if TLC was going to profit from his children's births, they could at least pay the medical costs, JB used his, this show is our mission line. Throughout all of Derick's lies, twists and turns, anger over money has been consistent. Derick reads what is written about the Duggars and him, he's now twisting the story even more to look like a savior.

Although Derick was raised with mainstream options, the philosophy of his childhood was very similar to Jill's. He was very much tied to his mother prior to being married and was in full-on save the world mode. It's not like Derick was so mature he rushed out to get a job to support his family after leaving TLC or looked for ways to help Jill. His first move was to go to a $10,000 mission camp for young adults. Not only was it a useless waste of money (that they seemed to have plenty of at the time), it was something for him, not Jill.

Derick and Jill are both sheltered adults who had some real life wake up calls that shook their fairy tale worlds. And although I think therapy has been beneficial for Jill, Derick feuding with her father is why it happened. I hope Derick is in therapy as well.

• Love 14

I especially wonder a couple things. 

Is depression rampant among teenage and young-adult Duggarlings? Doesn't their manner of life seem to suppress what I think of as a natural tendency for adolescent and young-adult creatures to be active, be learning, struggle, strive, rebel, fight, move up and move out? 

Does the realization that you have sat for years with your jaw hanging slack make you doubt you ought to be homeschooling children? I suppose it may not, since they were "schooled" by an almost literally brain-dead "teacher' and an actual brain-dead "curriculum" explicitly designed to confuse them into shutting down all their critical and creative faculties and letting other people run the show. So they don't know any better.

But II'd think that at least by now Jingle might wonder whether she's up to equipping Felicity et al for the world as it actually exists outside the TTH -- and for hopefully pursuing some interests in the years between 18 and 22. 

It clearly has made Der, Jer and apparently Jill wonder.

I expect to see the Vuolo kids follow the Dillard kids into school. Although I don't know how the Vuolos will afford it, since Jer has seemed dead set against public school in the past. He's blamed his brief public-school tenure for leading him far astray, even after his previous 10 or 11 years of strong Christian homeschooling that was likely designed to armor him against that. 

Cognitive dissonance galore here. But then I guess they aren't very cognitive. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I especially wonder a couple things. 

Is depression rampant among teenage and young-adult Duggarlings? Doesn't their manner of life seem to suppress what I think of as a natural tendency for adolescent and young creatures to be active, be learning, struggle, strive, rebel, fight, move up and move out? 

Does the realization that you have sat for years with your jaw hanging slack make you doubt you ought to be homeschooling children? I suppose it may not, since they were "schooled" by an almost literally brain-dead "teacher' and an actual brain-dead "curriculum" explicitly designed to confuse them into shutting down all their critical and creative faculties and letting other people run the show. So they don't know any better.

But II'd think that at least by now Jingle might wonder whether she's up to equipping Felicity et al for the world as it actually exists outside the TTH -- and for hopefully pursuing some interests in the years between 18 and 22. 

It clearly has made Der, Jer and apparently Jill wonder.

I expect to see the Vuolo kids follow the Dillard kids into school. Although I don't know how the Vuolos will afford it, since Jer has seemed dead set against public school in the past. He's blamed his brief public-school tenure for leading him far astray, even after the 10 or 11 years of the strong Christian homeschooling that was likely designed to armor him against that. Cognitive dissonance galore here. But then I guess they aren't very cognitive. 

Not everyone has the same picket fence dream so I'm guessing while some may reflect on having had different opportunities, I don't think its always with overwhelming regret.

I'm thinking Jinger and Jeremy would have never had a discussion about the years from 18-22, had they not done this podcast. And I'm not sure why Jeremy needs to find a place to lay blame. Life is a journey filled with missteps and opportunities. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Not everyone has the same picket fence dream so I'm guessing while some may reflect on having had different opportunities, I don't think its always with overwhelming regret.

I'm thinking Jinger and Jeremy would have never had a discussion about the years from 18-22, had they not done this podcast. And I'm not sure why Jeremy needs to find a place to lay blame. Life is a journey filled with missteps and opportunities. 

Because he's kind of a jerk....who's currently getting confused about and disappointed with his own life so he'd like to think things are somebody else's fault? ..... And since his whole life as a preacher seems to be about condemning other people to hell? .... You know, those demonic Catholic hordes that have taken over Laredo? And those uppity women that are upsetting his Lord MacArthur? 😁

I'll bet those are related facts! 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

Jingle has the perfect excuse to continue to do nothing outside of mom-duties. She has a HUSBAND, daughter and another on the way to 'dedicate 24/7/365' to. She absolutely has no room left in her life for herself. This is the way these people want it for any female.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

A thought crossed my mind. I wonder if Jeremy said that because he has tried to encourage her to take classes or pursue interests and she refuses?  Or just ignores his urging her to better herself. I can see him doing that so he isnt (in his mind) embarrassed by her lack of education.

And I can see her not wanting to do it, well, she is a bit lazy.

• Love 8

I could have so many things to say about the podcast, but I don’t want to listen to it and speak intelligently so I will refrain. 

But I can accurately say Jinger doesn’t know anything about singleness in the cultural sense of the term. She never had to concern about supporting herself or her dependents, she never had to navigate an adult world designed for coupled adults- outside of her longing for emotional fulfillment and partnered sex from 18-22 (which is a thing I’m not negating that), she doesn’t know shit about living as a single person. 

If anyone wants to listen to a great podcast about Living Single I recommend this (part 1 of 3).

• Useful 3
  • Love 19

One thing to keep in mind when comparing Jinger/Jeremy to Jill/Derick is that the latter have been married 2.5 years longer than the former. Who knows if Derick had asked similar things of Jill a couple of years ago, with the difference being that it didn't end up on a podcast.

On the other hand, Jill, even prior to marrying Derick, has expressed interest in learning new things such as midwifery and Spanish, whereas Jinger's main thing was photography, but even then she seemed much more passive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

A thought crossed my mind. I wonder if Jeremy said that because he has tried to encourage her to take classes or pursue interests and she refuses?  Or just ignores his urging her to better herself. I can see him doing that so he isnt (in his mind) embarrassed by her lack of education.

And I can see her not wanting to do it, well, she is a bit lazy.

If Jeremy wants her to better herself, he needs to decide two kids is enough for a while and actually do a lot of parenting. She's pulling "late nights and early mornings" for motherhood as it is. If she wants to pursue music, she might have to get up even earlier to practice. I'm in no position to judge her if she doesn't want to get up even earlier to practice music.  Jana isn't around most of the time and I assume that Jinger does most of the childcare when she isn't trying to be an social media persona. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Temperance said:

Lots and lots of fundie particularly girl fundies have "interests" or " even businesses as photographers.  Maggie Rose Burnett (Abbie Duggar's sister) is a photographer with a business. Madison Nicole is a friend of the Duggars, and a fundie girl with photography business.  Both Sarah Maxwell and her brother Christopher have pursued photography. I'm probably missing some, but it's very popular for young fundie girls to be into photography. They make a little money and still live at home.

As for music, Jinger wasn't that into music before she left home. She seems to like music more, because of Jeremy. It's possible she just likes what Jeremy likes. But it's also possible that her parents' and Gothards' restrictions on music were too limiting for her to really enjoy music before she left home. The Duggars only really listened to religious music, some classical music and maybe a little country music.  Even some Christian music, like Christian Rock, was too wordly for them, because they can't listen to music that has too much of a beat. Jinger has now been introduced to real musicians like her in-laws. She listens to some mainstream pop/country music. She have more interest, because she's been exposed to a broader spectrum of music. 

Is “Nicole” that girl’s last name?

One of my pet peeves in our society is the fallacy that because one person worked 3 jobs and put themselves through school that everyone can work 3 jobs and put themselves through school. Some people are just naturally better at being able to balance multiple things at once. And a lot of people get help from their families and pretend they do all by themselves. 

I still think Jeremy is part of Jinger "bettering herself". She's making his coffeee in the mornings, probably because he expects it. He needs to pitch in more or find her some help/time if she needs it. I get the sense that if Jinger was taking a music class via skype and he was the kids; he would brag about "babysitting". (It's babysitting if they're your kids!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, jcbrown said:

1. The balding Duggar boys are living in a patriarchal system that glorifies them for having been born with a Y chromosome and a penis. 

2. The balding Duggar boys are benefitting from said patriarchal system that assumes they are more deserving of agency than if they had not been born with a Y chromosome (not that agency is valued in this particular patriarchal system but you still have more options as a boy than a girl).

3. The blading Duggar boys were not sexually abused by one of their siblings and forced to stand up and say how okay that was and continue to glorify their nauseatingly bad parents.

1. None of that has anything do do with their looks? Someone being more of a victim doesn't change their facial features.

2. Jinger had 100% benefitted from being a part of the Duggar dog and pony show.

3. Jinger has taken an active and enthusiastic part in god bothering people (remember her inspiring anecdote about annoying random strangers about Jesus?), as well as spreading her disgusting beliefs in developing countries. She's as fair game for mockery and criticism as any of her brothers, patriarchy or no.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I didn't and won't listen to the podcast.  If Jinger said she regrets any part of her life, my first thought is did Jermy put that in her head....or does she truely feel that way.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their home.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I didn't and won't listen to the podcast.  If Jinger said she regrets any part of her life, my first thought is did Jermy put that in her head....or does she truely feel that way.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their home.

I'm thinking that her regrets stem from having to hear all about Jermy's exciting life before they met.  While she was living under Boob's roof, keeping sweet, shopping at thrift stores and sharing a room with her numerous sisters, he was out partying, traveling with the team, pursuing an education and dating other women.  My guess is that she feels regret along with a sizable amount of envy.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 18

She had no friends and no dates. That takes up a lot of the energy of most people in that age bracket. (and of course she had no privacy either -- so not much opportunity even for private thoughts....and so on....)

Maybe she realizes now that she was nearly going stir crazy at the time but just didn't know what the problem was. And that's what "regret" refers to. ... "I coulda had a V8 damn hobby at least!"

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

Jinger is so uneducated maybe she feels embarrassed to even try to further her education. She’d probably be in remedial everything. Assuming of course she wants to further her education. 

The Vuolo children will definitely go to a regular school. 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4