Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jeremy found somewhere to eat this morning.

If I was working on my second kid and neither my wife nor I had a full-time job or (as far as I know -- maybe he has something fabulous lined up...) the promise of one for the future so far, I'd be nervously eating generic cereal for most of my breakfasts, not steak and eggs........Spam and eggs, maybe, a coupla days a week, for my meat fix. But in my kitchen. Not in an (outdoor, or indoor) restaurant. 

And we know you don't have any money in your LLC, either. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

If I was working on my second kid and neither my wife nor I had a full-time job or (as far as I know -- maybe he has something fabulous lined up...) the promise of one for the future so far, I'd be nervously eating generic cereal for most of my breakfasts, not steak and eggs........Spam and eggs, maybe, a coupla days a week, for my meat fix. But in my kitchen. Not in an (outdoor, or indoor) restaurant. 

And we know you don't have any money in your LLC, either. 

The red beans and rice meal plan!  Sometimes with a ham hock tossed  in.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Not a care in the world, must be nice. I’m a SAHM and my husband has a decent job. He was frustrated I didn’t ask for a birthday gift (8/13), these are uncertain times and I rather be cautious. I asked him to make kabobs for dinner. Chicken and beef and delicious.

We usually go to an awesome sushi restaurant for special occasions. Not risking the exposure, not interested in spending $120 on dinner. Priorities Jeremy.

• Love 19

I couldn’t help but look and see, the steak and eggs are $8.99.   Most expensive breakfast item on the menu. Plus whatever the danish and coffee cost, plus tip. I hate to rip up someone over nine dollars, but that’s 2-3 boxes of Aldi cereal and a gallon of milk.

Easily the best breakfast he’s had all month? Sorry Jingle.  Maybe she was out foraging for Jingerbread Fonuts in the local dumpster. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Strak and Eggs? Youre having ANOTHER KID in November. Maybe save a buck, Mr. Unemployed-olo

Well, he may just be lying. There’s no actual sign of steak and eggs there, and he’s got some kind of pastry and a coffee. Weird flex, though. 

1 minute ago, Genevrier said:

Well, he may just be lying. There’s no actual sign of steak and eggs there, and he’s got some kind of pastry and a coffee. Weird flex, though. 

Look at the second and third picture.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And his shirt weirdly partially tucked in but showing the belt buckle! 🤣🤣🤣

Well, he knows it turns Jer on .... 

9 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

Keep scrolling. 

ETA: Looks like there are some vegetables there he didn't eat. Very Duggar-like. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think Jer has a touching faith that his ship will soon come in. 

Maybe he knows something we don't know. Not sure what that would be. But I guess anything is possible....

He’s probably eating the payout for the first photos of his next child from People magazine.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I couldn’t help but look and see, the steak and eggs are $8.99.   Most expensive breakfast item on the menu. Plus whatever the danish and coffee cost, plus tip. I hate to rip up someone over nine dollars, but that’s 2-3 boxes of Aldi cereal and a gallon of milk.

I can go worse.  The menu I found had it for $13.00 which is a more normal price for that breakfast in that area.  At $8.99, I was thinking when the pandemic is calmed, we might have to go try it out.  We still might.

• Love 5

Well, Jeremy was looking extra douchey this morning. 

I had a good laugh at the LLC going dormant. I think he was too busy plotting his influencer career to, you know, keep up with the paperwork. 

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh no. An unmasked breakfast with a guy who likely attended that church service.

He's heavily enmeshed in the in crowd, too. He refers to MacArthur as "Mac." No wonder Jer's out there social climbing with him. He's clearly a worshiper of "Mac" as well. Here's what he posts on social media. They share a misogynist hero. Nice. Now maybe they're all sharing little coronaviruses.....

But I forget myself. Jesus is obviously preventing this. 

• Love 1

I mean, what kinds of conversations does Jeremy have with Mac? If he's allowed within the inner sanctum.

MacArthur: "CALVINISM!!!!!!!!"

Jeremy: "Yeah, he's pretty great. Have you seen my Calvin pocket square? I also have some clothes from Calvin Kl--Wait no nevermind. I have lots more pocket squares, Your Calvinist Majesty!" 

MacArtur: "How is your work on social media coming along? Are you luring in more people for us?"

Jeremy: "I posted about some pretty good burgers the other day. . . ."

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 13

There have been pictures of the Vuolos with Mac. So, Jeremy has probably already shown off his pocket squares and pics of John Calvin's bust in his study.

After all, Mac's church is letting Jeremy live in a very nice house rent free and may be letting him matriculate for free in exchange for publicity on the show (and yes, Jeremy has mentioned The Masters Seminary by name). That said, I don't think Jeremy is holding up his end of the bargain. He only references church, not GCC by name.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

There have been pictures of the Vuolos with Mac. So, Jeremy has probably already shown off his pocket squares and pics of John Calvin's bust in his study.

After all, Mac's church is letting Jeremy live in a very nice house rent free and may be letting him matriculate for free in exchange for publicity on the show (and yes, Jeremy has mentioned The Masters Seminary by name). That said, I don't think Jeremy is holding up his end of the bargain. He only references church, not GCC by name.

I am baffled they are still subsidizing him, to be honest. I mean, if I were some ancient assholish fundie and I were trying to bring in bright young things to my movement and Jeremy was bribed into being one of my minions with the express purpose of harnessing social media to my movement, I'd not at all be happy with the direction of his posts. You're lucky I'm not your boss, Jeremy! You wouldn't have a house or a "job" or any of those fucking pocket squares. 

I am reading all of my fake dialogue from MacArthur in Mr. Burns's voice. LOL

6ceb110780c987ecb8fc6c627941418c.jpg

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 18
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I am baffled they are still subsidizing him, to be honest. I mean, if I were some ancient assholish fundie and I were trying to bring in bright young things to my movement and Jeremy was bribed into being one of my minions with the express purpose of harnessing social media to my movement, I'd not at all be happy with the direction of his posts. You're lucky I'm not your boss, Jeremy! You wouldn't have a house or a "job" or any of those fucking pocket squares. 

I am reading all of my fake dialogue from MacArthur in Mr. Burns's voice. LOL

6ceb110780c987ecb8fc6c627941418c.jpg

So am I. What exactly does Jeremy bring or have that MacArthur finds useful? That he's a suck up? Jeremy's a moron, he can't deliver a good sermon, he rarely spend any time at church, its doubtful he's ever studied so he can't be doing that well in seminary, and spends way too much time talking about himself, his square pockets and other stupid stuff.  Surely MacArthur can find many more Jeremys at his seminary that actually would do a better job as a pastor. He has to know Jeremy's a moron. He hasn't exactly brought any followers or done anything but try to search for fame and stardom which he keeps failing at. I would have thought MacArthur would have moved onto another suck up follower by now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

So am I. What exactly does Jeremy bring or have that MacArthur finds useful? 

A wife with 1.3 million Instagram followers. Puts Jer's own 682K followers in the shade. 

• Love 12

Jeremy is such a fanboy. Or as you young kids put it today, he stans a lot of famous folks (I'm not even sure I said that correctly).

He has to know he's a poser riding on the coattails of others. I really wonder if there's a solid plan for his future or if he is riding each opportunity as it comes.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

So am I. What exactly does Jeremy bring or have that MacArthur finds useful? That he's a suck up? Jeremy's a moron, he can't deliver a good sermon, he rarely spend any time at church, its doubtful he's ever studied so he can't be doing that well in seminary, and spends way too much time talking about himself, his square pockets and other stupid stuff.  Surely MacArthur can find many more Jeremys at his seminary that actually would do a better job as a pastor. He has to know Jeremy's a moron. He hasn't exactly brought any followers or done anything but try to search for fame and stardom which he keeps failing at. I would have thought MacArthur would have moved onto another suck up follower by now.

I agree. I expect Jer is a disappointing investment to MacArthur.  But maybe at this point MacArthur's just ignoring the Jer issue and letting him coast along since he himself has too many other things to worry about...too many irons in the fire.

Or maybe Jer has some magic suckup powers that are invisible to others.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Cade is waiting in the wings to be the new Jeremy.

Yeah, I wonder about that, too. He's already flirted with it. And last year he was getting some attention from MacArthur.  Since then he's been busy getting his first music out. But he's said he wants to be a pastor as well as a musician.

He'd be a better bet as the new Jer, almost certainly, I think. He'd bring music to the equation -- which would be a nice gimmick to potentially attract younger people. And he seems to be a pretty good musician and performer. And he also seems to have a work ethic. Which Jer apparently is missing entirely.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

MacArthur could be moving gingerly (had to) with the Vuolos due to covid. He wouldn't want Jinger's followers to know she was evicted in the middle of a pandemic, pregnant and mom to a toddler.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I have a feeling they will try to make Felicity a child star. 

There is a commercial currently running with a Felicity doppelgänger.  Or Felicity.  That would go right along with Jer’s dream.  Not that he would own up to being from New Jersey, I hate knocking a fellow Jerseyan but this guy.

• LOL 4
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's a very pretty picture, but not Jinger.  More like a mix of Jana and Lauren.  I can't unsee it.

I'm shocked Jerny wasn't included hovering behind them.

I was thinking Janna and Jessa.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

That picture doesn't look like Jinger to me.  The artist did a good job with Felicity, though.

It looks just like Felicity and nothing like Jinger.  It doesn’t favor her in the least, which makes it a waste of money IMO.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It looks just like Felicity and nothing like Jinger.  It doesn’t favor her in the least, which makes it a waste of money IMO.

It not only doesn't look much like Jinger,  the mouth looks odd.

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's a very pretty picture, but not Jinger.  More like a mix of Jana and Lauren.  I can't unsee it.

I'm shocked Jerny wasn't included hovering behind them.

He probably figures he'll be eligible for his own "portrait of a great Christian in history" some time soon......So he'd rather hold out for the individual portrait than be a bit player in somebody else's. ....

Don't know if they mentioned this on the show, but he apparently got this idea when they took the Florida trip last year -- his guest sermon at a seminary trip.....He saw a painting this woman did of R C Sproul. So I suppose he mentioned it to the producers and they set all this up. I can't see him ponying up (or having) the cash to commission a painting on his own. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I'm assuming the portrait was based on a photograph Jeremy chose (as in, he gave the artist a photo to use as reference for the painting)... it would be interesting to see the original photo. Maybe Jinger looks a bit "off" in that, too. 

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Bets on if it was comped? 

My bet is that TLC paid something less than full price for it -- and then subsidized a run of prints, so the artist can potentially make additional cash by selling the prints to Duggar or Jingle fans.....Plus, she's getting free publicity in an audience that has a lot of people probably looking for conservative Evangelical art. She apparently lives in Alberta somewhere, so this gives her a current ad for her work that's going out to the U.S. (and world) audience.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I have a feeling they will try to make Felicity a child star. 
Why can’t Jinger work at home watching kids for $. Or the church’s day care center if they have one.

I am a mom to a 2 year old and you couldn't pay me enough to willingly take in more kids to my house to clean up after and entertain all day. I would want 100 dollars per kid, per day at minimum. Just sounds miserable. I'd rather go work somewhere out of the house doing literally anything. ( I do work part time and its a great break). I love being a parent but holy hell my 2 year old can be exhausting!!! So I can see why pregnant Jinger isn't running a daycare. 

Also- I don't think that painting looks very much like jinger, but its a sweet idea. Seems more like a mothers day gift to me tho.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I'm assuming the portrait was based on a photograph Jeremy chose (i.e. he gave the painter a photo to use as reference for the painting)... it would be interesting to see the original photo. Maybe Jinger looks a bit "off" in that, too. 

Yeah. The painter gave one of their string of photographers, Jesse Hsu (an early one, I think?), instructions on what kinds of photos to take. Then he sent them off to the painter and she went from there. 

Wonder if they did the dark hair because they were hoping to sell prints of it to the Duggar fanbase -- and that's the way the longtime Duggar fans think of Jingle, mostly? 

12 minutes ago, Suzn said:

It not only doesn't look much like Jinger,  the mouth looks odd.

That's what I see, too.  The smile doesn't look at all like Jinger, and it's not a good smile, period, I don't think.

• Love 3