Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Suzn said:

It not only doesn't look much like Jinger,  the mouth looks odd.

It looks weird because it's Jessa's mouth. Jinger has really thin lips whereas Jessa's are very full. I'm half wondering if Jeremy slipped a photo of Jessa and Jana to the artist and told them to combine the two. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

It looks weird because it's Jessa's mouth. Jinger has really thin lips whereas Jessa's are very full. I'm half wondering if Jeremy slipped a photo of Jessa and Jana to the artist and told them to combine the two. 

I'll try to describe what I see wrong with the mouth.  The edge of the lower lip has a soft, indefinite line and shadow that make it look like a "fat lip" from being punched.

I don't care for the style with the splotchy background, so it's a miss for me anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jeremy found somewhere to eat this morning.

This month?! How many parking lots is he eating in daily?! And, JMHO, it’s not that great. It’s about 15 minutes from the dwelling of the snarky Mrs. and Mr. Face. Tasty, but 🤷🏼‍♀️ Eh

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

You can zoom in on the website. The right side (Jinger's left) is full on Jinger if you hide the other half. The left side definitely resembles Jana.

The artist seems to have some talent, but, I agree, the painting doesn't look like Jinger.  She did a nice job with Felicity, though.  I see the artist also has painted all sorts of Heroes of the Reformation type stuff including Sproul and Spurgeon and Wycliffe.  She does a good job painting kids although I notice every single little girl seems to be wearing a dress and most are posed with flowers or teddy bears or sitting passively while the little boys are dressed in ball caps or firefighting helmets and posed fishing or playing with toy fire engines or watching ballgames with Dad.  Way to stereotype those gender roles.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

The artist seems to have some talent, but, I agree, the painting doesn't look like Jinger.  She did a nice job with Felicity, though.  I see the artist also has painted all sorts of Heroes of the Reformation type stuff including Sproul and Spurgeon and Wycliffe.  She does a good job painting kids although I notice every single little girl seems to be wearing a dress and most are posed with flowers or teddy bears or sitting passively while the little boys are dressed in ball caps or firefighting helmets and posed fishing or playing with toy fire engines or watching ballgames with Dad.  Way to stereotype those gender roles.

Live by the patriarchy, paint by the patriarchal rules.

Catherine Marchand: "Painting women and girls in their rightful place since 2005."

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ha!  Next Jinjer will have to get collagen injections to make her lips fuller, for RFP's pleasure.  Jin may as well be an inflatable woman.  Stepford wives vibe galore with this couple.

• Love 5

It's becoming a norm for 20-something women in mainstream society to get casual Botox here and there. My husband's ex-fiance got lip injections in her mid-20s and he hated them. It baffles me to no end that a 25-year-old thinks it's a good use of money to do that, but I blame Instagram and the prevalence of "influencers" for this mindset. It was bad enough when I was growing up to have teen-targeted fashion magazines constantly tell you how imperfect you are and to buy, buy, buy more products and clothes to fix that. I can't imagine now how much more that can be increased when the internet is literally at your fingertips all day.

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Live by the patriarchy, paint by the patriarchal rules.

Catherine Marchand: "Painting women and girls in their rightful place since 2005."

Yeah, I noticed that overall, the paintings of the women show them in dresses surrounded by flowers. They're not doing anything really intellectual in comparision to the paintings of the men who are shown reading or preaching; the ladies just look pretty or giggle with their girlfriends. Gotta keep presenting women as the patriarchy sees fit, not how they are in actuality. Bleh. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yup, agree with this as well as most of the other comments on the painting. As someone who has done a lot of portraits over the years (though very few painted), I do agree that the artist has talent. Babies are notoriously difficult to capture without making their features appear too old or just plain fake, so major props on her rendering of Felicity. Jinger's head is also at a really awkward angle, and with the mouth open the way it is, it just makes me think that the artist, rather like me, has a knack for getting a good resemblance if the model (or photo) is at a fairly straightforward angle, but doesn't really have the technical knowledge or training to be able to handle foreshortening, or other challenges of perspective, without some other help. If I had to do this same portrait, I'd probably have to resort to sketching it out using a grid, at least roughly, to get the right proportions and angles.

• Useful 9
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jinge's mouth in the painting is too big, especially in width. 

That's how it looks to me, too.

The mouth's also placed too far to her right (our left) on her face. Her mouth and the bottom of her face are skewed slightly in that direction.

I think if the painting showed a slightly smaller mouth with the mouth and lower part of her face more centered, the painting would look just like Jinger because then it'd look like the photo. And, to me, the photo looks just like her. Has her face and her vibe. Her face is just slightly more symmetrical and quieter in expression all around than the painting makes it look.

It's a lovely pose of the two of them, though. I see why the artist (or the artist and Jeremy?) chose it.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9

And the trend of Jinger NEVER looking at the camera in pictures continues. At least in this one she doesn’t literally have her back to us.

It looks like a sweet moment with Felicity, but it is STILL awkward to be a voyeur “watching” Jinger in what should be an intimate moment. 

I guess she learned that this is how you’re supposed to relate to cameras, from all those years of “# Kids & Counting.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I do have to say that I give props to the artist for choosing to include Felicity's hand even though it's not visible on the photo. That detail of her finger pointing at the page in the book is very sweet, and quite nicely done, but she would have been totally justified in leaving it out and avoiding having to paint the hand (I'll admit to avoiding hands whenever possible; they are not my strong point).

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I do have to say that I give props to the artist for choosing to include Felicity's hand even though it's not visible on the photo. That detail of her finger pointing at the page in the book is very sweet, and quite nicely done, but she would have been totally justified in leaving it out and avoiding having to paint the hand (I'll admit to avoiding hands whenever possible; they are not my strong point).

Yeah, me too. On her website, the artist lists all her special charges for including hands ($300 extra for the first person in a portrait; $200 for each additional person whose hand you want shown)....So we know TLC and not Jer picked up the tab. 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 9
On 8/19/2020 at 1:42 PM, farmgal4 said:

You can tell by looking at him that he thinks he’s the cat’s meow.  That alone makes him repulsive IMO.

How fortuitous that his seat was directly adjacent to the company vehicle with the decal -- and the decal happened to be perfectly offset at exactly the right angle to Jeremy's head in the photo!

Comped breakfast in exchange for his blast out to all his "gram fans?

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Jeremy toasted Jinger at her black tie birthday party...was that champagne they drank? I didn't catch it...I don't think Michelle and JimBob drank it. I think they 'toasted' with their water glasses. Did I miss something? Or was that sparking apple juice? Michelle still looked frumpy trying to 'dress up' in that big black dress she was wearing. I tried to see if she had those black clodhopper shoes on too, but they didn't show her feet....or I missed that too. Can someone let me know if they noticed any of these things? 

• Love 5

He's back to school (and doing work)? I thought he started next week for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I was taught that it was grammar, but I was also taught that manners were correct, so it all sort of comes to the same thing.

And in both cases, Jinger failed. 

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, Sweeneyswt said:

But only the presence of the doll made him think it wasn't Jinger. Does she scribble? 

Jeremy has obvs missed his calling as an amateur detective. I can just see him now as Sherlock Vuolo. Or Jeremy Marlowe. Dressed in a pocket square and snazzy suit, stalking the streets of LA in search of clues--Actually, scratch all that. This is way too much work for him. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Jeremy has obvs missed his calling as an amateur detective. I can just see him now as Sherlock Vuolo. Or Jeremy Marlowe. Dressed in a pocket square and snazzy suit, stalking the streets of LA in search of clues--Actually, scratch all that. This is way too much work for him. 

You have a way with words! Jeremy will totally love that look! He'll probably contact you to get his look all ready and photograph it!

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, Sweeneyswt said:

You have a way with words! Jeremy will totally love that look! He'll probably contact you to get his look all ready and photograph it!

Thank you! 🙂 

I could totally see him doing a noir photo shot. LOL In a way, I'm kind of surprised he hasn't since LA is such an iconic setting for so much noir. I doubt he's much of a noir fan, though. 

• Love 5
On 8/19/2020 at 1:42 PM, farmgal4 said:

You can tell by looking at him that he thinks he’s the cat’s meow.  That alone makes him repulsive IMO.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the smuggest of them all?

alas, with this family there are many many options and it’s hard to know who wins.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Sweeneyswt said:

Must include monocle, too. A la Lord Peter Wimsey.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, LilJen said:

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the smuggest of them all?

alas, with this family there are many many options and it’s hard to know who wins.

I think it's safe to say that whoever is the "winner" in this bunch is still a loser in the real world. 

• LOL 3