Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Jeremy the Douche has sealing wax and those shoes, and yet he has that watch band. I was expecting either a gold or silver watchband or a leather one.

and why does he always wear his watch below his wrist and more on his hand? he has been shown with different watches I think, but he always has them on or below the wrist bones. weird

I think he just has a very dry sense of humor.  I actually found this post funny. (the bacon post)  Unfortunately, he has posted some really questionable posts, so his humor gets buried.   My favorite was when Jinger was expecting Felicity.  He posted a really sweet picture of little Jinger saying that he was praying that their daughter looks like her.  If anyone wanted to know why, look at the next picture-which was his baby picture, which was one of those "unattractive" baby pictures that we all have.  It was really a cute, funny post.  I'm thinking in real life he is probably pretty witty.  He hasn't learned to to translate that to print.  And he needs to learn WHAT posts to print.  I "guess" I can give him credit to trying to find his way in social media.  I just have a feeling that there is more to Jeremy than we have seen.  JMHO.

Edited by CalicoKitty
missing word
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

and why does he always wear his watch below his wrist and more on his hand? he has been shown with different watches I think, but he always has them on or below the wrist bones. weird

Maybe it is more comfortable.  I wear my watch pretty low on my wrist.  And maybe not!

• Love 2

I’m not even sure he wants to pastor a church. I think he likes pretending like he’s MacArthur’s golden boy and the perks, living in Hollywood he’s obviously getting that the other students aren’t, but he’s just basically like the waiter who’s waiting for his big break into stardom. God needs to get this boy some hard knock life humility. He can’t serve two gods if he’s really a Christian. 

• Love 24
48 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m not even sure he wants to pastor a church. I think he likes pretending like he’s MacArthur’s golden boy and the perks, living in Hollywood he’s obviously getting that the other students aren’t, but he’s just basically like the waiter who’s waiting for his big break into stardom. God needs to get this boy some hard knock life humility. He can’t serve two gods if he’s really a Christian. 

I would bet that his long-range life plans have changed since he married and has realized how truly poorly educated and possibly less intelligent Jinger really is.  My take is that he had plans for a "power couple", and now sees that that is not going to be possible.  He seems to be looking for enrichment.  For someone that has a college degree and played professional sports, living in the "Dugger bubble" has to get old fast.  I think he is trying anything that can include Jinger, and finding that a hard thing to do.  He acts superficial because that is what Jinger understands. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I should note it would not surprise me at all if in his infinite arrogance, Jeremy does blame all of his influencer failures on Jinger. It might explain the condescending tone he takes with her in some of their live videos, but if so, he's being a delusional asshole. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14

It's almost like Jer thought that people gained star status or became power couples because they moved to Los Angeles. 

I think he'd do well to cultivate a taste for being a big fish in a small pond.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think he just has a very dry sense of humor.  I actually found this post funny. (the bacon post)  Unfortunately, he has posted some really questionable posts, so his humor gets buried.   My favorite was when Jinger was expecting Felicity.  He posted a really sweet picture of little Jinger saying that he was praying that their daughter looks like her.  If anyone wanted to know why, look at the next picture-which was his baby picture, which was one of those "unattractive" baby pictures that we all have.  It was really a cute, funny post.  I'm thinking in real life he is probably pretty witty.  He hasn't learned to to translate that to print.  And he needs to learn WHAT posts to print.  I "guess" I can give him credit to trying to find his way in social media.  I just have a feeling that there is more to Jeremy than we have seen.  JMHO.

Jeremy’s post, that you’re referring to, literally made me LOL.  I thought it was hilarious.  Of course, that was before I realized that Jeremy is a complete tool. 😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

A wax seal?! Seriously? My first thought was memories of Game of Thrones where the characters' seals were the symbols of their Houses. My second thought was to make a joke about the current state of the USPS, but I didn't want to get my comment deleted for violating the "no politics" rule. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I don’t think the wax seal is a joke, because buying wax and having a special V-for-Vuolo seal made seems like it would be going a bit far for a joke!

Jeremy also doesn’t seem to actually want to be a pastor, seeing as he WAS a pastor and didn’t seem interested in it at all. 

Not that I know what he does want. He seems to be living in some weird dreamworld lately. I guess some of his fellow seminarians are blowing smoke up his ass, and Jeremy has been stupid enough to believe them?

I don’t think he’s too good for Jinger, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he thinks he’s too good for Jinger. He seems like a man who’s bought his own hype. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got caught with his pants down eventually, and I mean that literally.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I don’t think the wax seal is a joke, because buying wax and having a special V-for-Vuolo seal made seems like it would be going a bit far for a joke!

Jeremy also doesn’t seem to actually want to be a pastor, seeing as he WAS a pastor and didn’t seem interested in it at all. 

Not that I know what he does want. He seems to be living in some weird dreamworld lately. I guess some of his fellow seminarians are blowing smoke up his ass, and Jeremy has been stupid enough to believe them?

I don’t think he’s too good for Jinger, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he thinks he’s too good for Jinger. He seems like a man who’s bought his own hype. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got caught with his pants down eventually, and I mean that literally.

I kind of think Jer's lived in a dreamworld for a long time. Way before he came to the seminary.  Kind of looks to me like both his soccer career and his Laredo experience were both kind of dreamy periods.....He expected something big  in both cases, but then that didn't happen and things weren't that easy or exciting... and he kind of drifted along, and then he decided there was some bigger and more important destiny out there for him -- without any evidence -- and then he just walked way. 

Now I wonder whether he and his fellow seminarians are just so distant from each other that they wouldn't even bother blowing smoke up his ass. There hasn't been any evidence that he and other students have a word to say to each other, in the whole time he's been at the school as far as I can see. I don't know that he's ever posted a picture with any of them in it, and he certainly never mentions them. He's only ever seen with faculty, Grace Church staff and their families and family members and friends of the family in the congregation that are supplying their house. 

There've been numerous pictures of him at the coffee shop there at the church/campus, but he's always with faculty or somebody in the real-estate family that owns the house. I picture him walking one path and the rest of the students walking another path and hardly anything passing between them. It seems really odd to me for a person in school and it makes me wonder what his attitude is toward the whole enterprise. You can certainly see the sucking-up activity happening, but I wonder if that's all there really is....and if he's somehow so good at snowing people that they all fall for it even though, as you say, there seems to be little substance to it...

He does seem to have bought his own hype. But his hype seems vague as heck. Amorphous. It's like, "I am really great....but in no way in particular." 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Idk I have a very dry sense of humor and don’t find him funny, but YMMV.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I kind of think Jer's lived in a dreamworld for a long time. Way before he came to the seminary.  Kind of looks to me like both his soccer career and his Laredo experience were both kind of dreamy periods.....He expected something big  in both cases, but then that didn't happen and things weren't that easy or exciting... and he kind of drifted along, and then he decided there was some bigger and more important destiny out there for him -- without any evidence -- and then he just walked way. 

Now I wonder whether he and his fellow seminarians are just so distant from each other that they wouldn't even bother blowing smoke up his ass. There hasn't been any evidence that he and other students have a word to say to each other, in the whole time he's been at the school as far as I can see. I don't know that he's ever posted a picture with any of them in it, and he certainly never mentions them. He's only ever seen with faculty, Grace Church staff and their families and family members and friends of the family in the congregation that are supplying their house. 

There've been numerous pictures of him at the coffee shop there at the church/campus, but he's always with faculty or somebody in the real-estate family that owns the house. I picture him walking one path and the rest of the students walking another path and hardly anything passing between them. It seems really odd to me for a person in school and it makes me wonder what his attitude is toward the whole enterprise. You can certainly see the sucking-up activity happening, but I wonder if that's all there really is....and if he's somehow so good at snowing people that they all fall for it even though, as you say, there seems to be little substance to it...

He does seem to have bought his own hype. But his hype seems vague as heck. Amorphous. It's like, "I am really great....but in no way in particular." 

Oh, definitely, despite all the signs that he's not as good as he think he is. Jeremy really seems to think all he needs to do is show up and everyone will see him as how great that he thinks he is. Just show up and he'll be an instant famous soccer star. That didn't happen and he didn't bother to try and be better because in his mind he doesn't need to be. Same with being a pastor and moving to LA to be an influencer. Just show up and it'll happen. It never does. Its always his fault that it doesn't. He didn't put the work into being soccer player, nor did he put any work into being a pastor. For all the time he was in Laredo he didn't really do anything with the church. He spent all his time traveling, eating and looking pretentious. His failure as a influencer is his own fault. He thought he could suck up to MacArthur and sign a hateful petition while trying to influencer jobs and suck up to any celebrity he can find. The jobs kept ending because of him. His relationship with MacArthur and signing that that petition. Its his name on it. Most businesses don't want that kind of trouble. For all his sucking up to MacArthur he still hasn't done anything. He hasn't really studied, gotten a good position, brought in converts or even gotten better at sermons. He just puts out tons of pictures of himself in coffee shops looking pretentious. All his failures are due to him. Not that he notices. Nope its everyone else who hasn't noticed how great he is.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

The bacon post was a joke? I understand humor is subjective, but I couldn't tell that was a joke. Could you explain it to me?

I thought he was saying that Jinger doesn't like the smell of bacon (my mother doesn't like it either). Since bacon for breakfast is part of his diet, she dutifully cooks the bacon even the smell bothers her. I saw it as an honest appreciation of her duties although I thought he should give up bacon for the duration of the pregnancy or at least learn to cook himself. 

It's too close to what men like him constantly say about their wives during pregnancy for me to read it as a joke. Also he put scripture at the end of the post, would Jeremy joke using a scripture verse like that? (I'm honestly not sure.)

Hey good news at least Jinger still has her sense of smell! 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Oh, definitely, despite all the signs that he's not as good as he think he is. Jeremy really seems to think all he needs to do is show up and everyone will see him as how great that he thinks he is. Just show up and he'll be an instant famous soccer star. That didn't happen and he didn't bother to try and be better because in his mind he doesn't need to be. Same with being a pastor and moving to LA to be an influencer. Just show up and it'll happen. It never does. Its always his fault that it doesn't. He didn't put the work into being soccer player, nor did he put any work into being a pastor. For all the time he was in Laredo he didn't really do anything with the church. He spent all his time traveling, eating and looking pretentious. His failure as a influencer is his own fault. He thought he could suck up to MacArthur and sign a hateful petition while trying to influencer jobs and suck up to any celebrity he can find. The jobs kept ending because of him. His relationship with MacArthur and signing that that petition. Its his name on it. Most businesses don't want that kind of trouble. For all his sucking up to MacArthur he still hasn't done anything. He hasn't really studied, gotten a good position, brought in converts or even gotten better at sermons. He just puts out tons of pictures of himself in coffee shops looking pretentious. All his failures are due to him. Not that he notices. Nope its everyone else who hasn't noticed how great he is.

Sounds like all the Duggars to me.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

The bacon post was a joke? I understand humor is subjective, but I couldn't tell that was a joke. Could you explain it to me?

I thought he was saying that Jinger doesn't like the smell of bacon (my mother doesn't like it either). Since bacon for breakfast is part of his diet, she dutifully cooks the bacon even the smell bothers her. I saw it as an honest appreciation of her duties although I thought he should give up bacon for the duration of the pregnancy or at least learn to cook himself. 

It's too close to what men like him constantly say about their wives during pregnancy for me to read it as a joke. Also he put scripture at the end of the post, would Jeremy joke using a scripture verse like that? (I'm honestly not sure.)

Hey good news at least Jinger still has her sense of smell! 

If your interpretation is true, then Jeremy is an asshole. I thought he was saying the Jinger can no longer eat bacon, and added kiddingly, that its a monumental thing to have to go without even temporarily.

Relating to some other posts, I don't think Jeremy had a dream or goal beyond soccer. His lack of soccer stardom knocked him down and during this vulnerable period his dad out-Christianed him and he ended up a pastor. Whether or not he chose Jinger for her low level celebrity, I think he enjoys being a part of it. Jeremy has since tried to use that celebrity and turn it into something bigger and 'better'. But much like the family he married into, he thought they were more famous and more adored, than they actually are. So he's back to where he started, when Jeremy was a talented soccer player, but not an exceptional one. They are a semi-well known couple, but truly unremarkable to most.

Like Churchie said, they'd have more success wearing their wingtips and blazers in a smaller pond. But as Jeremy has shown with his soccer career, he is unsatisfied with small pond success.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I would bet that his long-range life plans have changed since he married and has realized how truly poorly educated and possibly less intelligent Jinger really is.  My take is that he had plans for a "power couple", and now sees that that is not going to be possible.  He seems to be looking for enrichment.  For someone that has a college degree and played professional sports, living in the "Dugger bubble" has to get old fast.  I think he is trying anything that can include Jinger, and finding that a hard thing to do.  He acts superficial because that is what Jinger understands. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

This comment made me think about Derrick and Jill.  Derrick gave up his missionary dreams because Jill didn't have the education needed to be a missionary's wife.  The difference (and I don't believe I'm saying something positive about Derrick here) is that Derrick is going to law school and from what we, the social media followers, can tell, he is working hard in law school. I hate what he believes, and I wonder how they afforded that home and for him to go to law school, but at least he is in law school. 
Jeremy on the other hand wants to be an influencer. Live in LA in a free home, have people buying him meals that he can post on Instagram.  Seeing how Jinger was dressed in last week's episode just shows how important looks are to him - and I'm guessing Jinger too.  JinJer are way too superficial. Jeremy would make a good Joel Osteen.  I know his father is a preacher, so I wonder if he just "fell" in being a preacher as well because when his soccer career ended, he had no idea what he wanted to do with his life.  

• Love 17

Jeremy wants to be something above his station so to speak. He didn't make the cut as a football player, nor will be make it being a Preacher of any sort. You have to work very hard to be successful, and he's lazy and entitled.  A burning desire to be famous and somebody does not bode well for his future either.

He needs to address his pretentious dickheadery and dive into why he's so needy.  Jinger, well, she's Jinger. Human tofu, with not one original thought in her empty head it seems.

• Love 16

I think maybe the most telling thing about the bacon post when it comes to Jer and his future is that we can't really tell what he was trying to say and, especially, what tone he trying to say it in.

I didn't think he was trying to make a joke, exactly. But I did think that he was trying to express thanks to Jinger for putting up with the bacon smell in a lighthearted tone. But then as it went on and he ended it with the very formally written line from Proverbs, any lighthearted tone he'd intended went out the window, I thought, and you couldn't tell what tone he was intending. The post had at least two and maybe three different tones -- and it was only about three sentences long.

I think that's the big flaw of a lot of his posting......You can't tell whether he's joking or not. Or he's joking and then suddenly he's not. Or the photo seems jokey but the caption is a long quote from Isaiah or something......

I think he's not adept at all at controlling the tone of his writing or posting.....And, of course, since it seems to be the preacher part of pastoring that he really really wants to do, he's essentially signing up for a lifetime of writing. And, as a preacher, not just writing, but writing at people. Having a bunch of people sitting in front of him as a captive audience while he recounts something he's written. So getting control of his writing and its tone is a really important skill for him......And, similarly, if he tries to go the influencer route. There he needs to get something clear across to both the public and to brands he hopes to represent. And he needs to do it briefly.

So writing clearly and not leaving people with six different impressions of what you meant to say is a crucial skill for him right now. Both careers he's thinking about depend on it......And it is something you can practice and learn....But I don't see him improving. So is he practicing and reading books on writing and trying to improve? Or is the old lazy-like-the-Duggars thing kicking in? I'd bet on the latter, but I'm hoping for the former. He'll be 33 next month and he'll soon have two kids to support. It's time for him to work hard to master the skills he needs. Hoping he knows that.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
21 hours ago, Temperance said:

Why is she smelling bacon if she doesn't want to? 

If you don't want to smell bacon, don't bring bacon home. Stay home and social distance!

Yeah, it's not like Jeremy has a reputation for bringing home the bacon. 

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Temperance said:

Thank you! This was how I interpreted the post. I was confused about all the joke comments so I just figured I wasn't reading it right. I think he's having Jinger make bacon for his and Felicity's breakfast and making up for being an asshole by complementing her on SM. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

A wax seal?! Seriously?

I bought wax and seals when I was a freshman in high school and had lots of pen pals.  Hallmark carried a rainbow selection of wax with rows of seals.  I'm sure the post office wasn't thrilled to see those wax blobs coming through their postmark feeder. 

Who is Jeremy writing to, anyway?  His fan base?  Hope he didn't spend a lot on wax.

• LOL 11
  • Love 10

What a strange post from the today show- why include a bad looking photo of the V’s for joy’s baby announcement?  And jinger had no idea about the baby till she saw this post?  So strange.  Didn’t she know joy was due last week?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I think Today posted the wrong couple, and Jinger was making a joke like "wow, we had no idea we just had a baby." Of course she didn't let the opportunity to plug her podcast go to waste...

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is sarcasm Biblical?

Asking for a friend...

FWIW I always thought Jesus could be pretty delightfully snarky in a pretty dry way, so I guess YMMV. 

Maybe snarky isn't the right word. But I think there's some more bite in what he says in the Bible than is commonly acknowledged. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I bought wax and seals when I was a freshman in high school and had lots of pen pals.  Hallmark carried a rainbow selection of wax with rows of seals.  I'm sure the post office wasn't thrilled to see those wax blobs coming through their postmark feeder. 

Who is Jeremy writing to, anyway?  His fan base?  Hope he didn't spend a lot on wax.

I bought those too.  They were a big thing for a while among teenage girls.  I didn’t even have pen pals but remember using seals on friends’ birthday cards.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

What do they have on that poor kid’s head?  Although Prop could have picked it out herself and insisted on wearing it that way.  When I was a infant/toddler and preschool teacher, I saw many creative outfits that the child insisted on wearing that day.  As long as they could participate in the daily activities and were dressed relatively appropriately for the weather, it didn’t bother me if they matched or not.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, awaken said:

What a strange post from the today show- why include a bad looking photo of the V’s for joy’s baby announcement?  And jinger had no idea about the baby till she saw this post?  So strange.  Didn’t she know joy was due last week?

She definitely knew that Joy was due last week. It's possible no one phoned her that Joy had given birth. In a family this large with so many births, it's possible that everyone assumed someone called Jinger to tell her the baby was born, but no one did. If Joy wasn't being induced, then she could still be pregnant. She was due on Wednesday so she wouldn't be 41 weeks yet. 

I forget to tell relatives we got our power back after it was out for days. My poor relative thought we still didn't have power, because we didn't tell them directly and assumed others had. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3

That photo has a lot of resemblance between Jinger and Joy.  

I was fascinated by the black lace on Felicity's head, too.  It's either really odd or something she wanted to wear.  I'm leaning toward she picked it out.  

• Love 5

What struck me about that photo: Jinger's lack of makeup. IIRC in the old days she wore so much eyeliner she had raccoon eyes, and I'm sure she didn't stint on foundation either. Her skin looks good. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

What struck me about that photo: Jinger's lack of makeup. IIRC in the old days she wore so much eyeliner she had raccoon eyes, and I'm sure she didn't stint on foundation either. Her skin looks good. 

Pregnancy becomes her. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

What do they have on that poor kid’s head?  Although Prop could have picked it out herself and insisted on wearing it that way.  When I was a infant/toddler and preschool teacher, I saw many creative outfits that the child insisted on wearing that day.  As long as they could participate in the daily activities and were dressed relatively appropriately for the weather, it didn’t bother me if they matched or not.

As a mother of a current 2 yo, Felicity 100% chose that headband and put it on herself. I’m impressed that she settled on only one headband. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
Just now, absnow54 said:

As a mother of a current 2 yo, Felicity 100% chose that headband and put it on herself. I’m impressed that she settled on only one headband. 

My only question would be, why is that headband a choice she would have. lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
32 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

The other three may have slid off.

32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My only question would be, why is that headband a choice she would have. lol

I can picture her demanding it in the store or online.

• LOL 1