Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Just my opinion, but that picture is nasty, 

I'm guessing we'll see more of that if they're going the really-Christian-marriage experts route. 

It makes me laugh to think of the supposed rebel Jinger and the son-in-law-renowned-as-the-least-like-and-least-in-thrall-to-JB-and-M following exactly in JB's and M's footsteps this way. They won't have 19 kids, but they may try to make their living telling people what a great marriage they have because Jesus.  And being photographed repeatedly in full PDA. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Exactly what troubles are they facing together?  Looks to me as if life has been pretty damned good and easy for them.

It's tough getting free housing and free master's degrees! 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Do we ever see them with 'new friends'? Or see the kid with other kids? I don't think I've ever seen them with people they didn't try to get something from.

27 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

They won't have 19 kids, but they may try to make their living telling people what a great marriage they have because Jesus.  And being photographed repeatedly in full PDA.

We're getting pretty close to 'hey-hey-hey' mini golf dry humping.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Exactly what troubles are they facing together?  Looks to me as if life has been pretty damned good and easy for them.

Maybe if his beloved pocket square does not match his outfit? Oh! The stress of it all!

• LOL 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

What is a smart introduction?

Thank you!  I tried googling it and got a whole lot about smart goals.  I've never heard of smart introductions.  Probably a more pretentious way of saying introduction.

Edited by wilsie
  • Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I have never heard that phrase before.

Neither had Jinger until Jeremy told her to write it.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Now Jeremy's a marriage expert. 🙄

Erm is this even them? Could be pictures of two random people for all I know with their heads chopped off, a very odd photo.

6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

image.png.b59d597261650f94dac20bc9e8e58b55.png

That JinJer kissing pic gives off similar vibes as this pic of Benessa...except that Jessa is clearly the more dominant partner here!

Jessa looks like she trying to smush Bens face into hers ok then. 

18 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Just my opinion, but that picture is nasty, 

I’m not a huge fan of kissing pictures but sometimes they can be cute. 

This isn’t cute. It’s just weird. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m not a huge fan of kissing pictures but sometimes they can be cute. 

This isn’t cute. It’s just weird. 

It is weird. Jin-jin looks like "in her eye, there is some matter and it's dripping in the batter" - a song we used to sing in Girl Scouts. 

• LOL 5
15 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Honestly Jill and Dereck passionless kissing is the worst one of them all.

I’m surprised those two have sex,never mind that they’ve produced two boys. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

I’m surprised those two have sex,never mind that they’ve produced two boys. 

Oh I don’t know. Right after they married, Jill was cuddling on Derek’s lap looking rather satisfied. Not everyone is as performative as Jessa and Jeremy. 

Not that I want to speculate on any Duggar’s sex life. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

It is weird. Jin-jin looks like "in her eye, there is some matter and it's dripping in the batter" - a song we used to sing in Girl Scouts. 

It does look weird.

I looked at the full-size picture on my computer screen, and of course it's just that corner of the eye where you don't usually have any makeup.  But her skin there is so fair that when it's contrasted with the eyeshadow on her lid and the end of her lashes, it positively glows......Maybe a bit lighter eyeshadow shade is in order? 

She likes retouching her pictures, though. That would have been a good place to do it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

I know this is a me thing, but I'm always bothered by kids being stuffed into constricted clothing. The options of cute, fashionable comfortable clothing for kids are endless, no matter one's budget.

• Love 16

Way to make it all about you, Jeremy.  It's not like every other toddler isn't frequently hungry.  But maybe he's confused because Jinger seems to eat so little.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I know this is a me thing, but I'm always bothered by kids being stuffed into constricted clothing. The options of cute, fashionable comfortable clothing for kids are endless, no matter one's budget.

Anymore, most denim is combined with stretchy lycra or spandex; so jeans are not nearly as constricting as they used to be, especially ones made for kids, they're practically like sweatpants.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Anymore, most denim is combined with stretchy lycra or spandex; so jeans are not nearly as constricting as they used to be, especially ones made for kids, they're practically like sweatpants.

Hmmm, could that be regional? Half the staff I supervisor have children from newborn and up. The jean clothing their kids wear look and feel the same as it always has.

Felicity's look tight at the waist and even tighter on her shins. 

• Love 4

On the pants for Felicity, it's hard to say.  In SoCal, you can buy both regular jeans, stretchy jeans, stretchy jeggings, and regular leggings for two year old girls.  Those are too close for me to judge without holding them.  The waistband looks like one of the adjustable elastic ones, but you can get those with both the flat and stretchy material.  Sorry local knowledge is not going to solve this one.  

The more I look at them with the faded spots, the more I think they're the stiff, regular denim ones.  It looks like the legs are turned up so it could be they aren't wanting to go up a size due to length.  This happened with granddaughter and we simply changed styles to a different brand that ran larger and got jeggings for the stretch.  One shoe looks like it fits fine while the other one looks like she has toe overhang.  They need to learn to look at both feet.  Jinger may have some adjustment in that Felicity may take after Jeremy and not be a tiny twig. 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm, could that be regional? Half the staff I supervisor have children from newborn and up. The jean clothing their kids wear look and feel the same as it always has.

Felicity's look tight at the waist and even tighter on her shins. 

I think it's probably more like being a matter of parental thinking. As far as I've seen, both soft comfortable totally fake jeans and just-like-adults' hard jeans are available for kids of all ages, including babies. ..... I'm only familiar with shopping in two regions of the country -- but I've definitely seen both kinds on sale in both places. 

I think the difference comes down to the fact that some adult buyers think first about comfort and playability and others think first about "it's so cute for a little kid to look like an adult"-- i.e., about "fashion." If I had to bet, I'd bet on the Vuolos going for the fashion.....but I do think it's hard to tell in a photo (although, again, if I were betting, these look more like the hard and tight ones to me....) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it's probably more like being a matter of parental thinking. As far as I've seen, both soft comfortable totally fake jeans and just-like-adults' hard jeans are available for kids of all ages, including babies. ..... I'm only familiar with shopping in two regions of the country -- but I've definitely seen both kinds on sale in both places. 

I think the difference comes down to the fact that some adult buyers think first about comfort and playability and others think first about "it's so cute for a little kid look like an adult"-- i.e., about "fashion." If I had to bet, I'd bet on the Vuolos going for the fashion.....but I do think it's hard to tell in a photo (although, again, if I were betting, these look more like the hard and tight ones to me....) 

Considering RFP favors pocket squares and bow ties for himself, you're probably right.  I don't spend a lot of time looking for toddler clothes and the only jeans I've seen recently were on my partner's kids and they were the soft stretchy kind; but she's not the kind of mom who worries about fashion when it comes to playclothes for her children.  And both kids looked adorable and had no problem climbing, jumping and otherwise acting like little kids in their jeans.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Way to make it all about you, Jeremy.

Batten down the hatches because tomorrow is Father's Day and his ego train is going to be barreling down the track.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

She’s hit the awkward stage surprisingly early. (I can say this because I was typically adorable until age three, then was all teeth and ears for, oh, twelve years or so.)
Those Duggar genes don’t mess around.

• LOL 10