Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Jeremy's " She trusts me" post really skeeved me out. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it was just gross. I have a toddler and her trust in me is something I take quite seriously as her mother

It just seemed like it was boosting his ego to have another person to completely follow him around. Just made me feel kind of gross reading it. Free Felicity.

These two are quite possibly the fakest and most famewhore-ish couple yet. Not one ounce of sincerity. At least from the other duggars we are actually looking at how they operate- from slow jessa and bin to jill and derrick- i think they are being mostly authentic to their lives.

Jinger and Jeremy have to spend a lot of time arguing about social media. I'm sure of it.

• Love 24

I am so disappointed in the Vuolos. They were once my favorite couple. Now, I cringe when I see them posing for yet another picture. They have truly lost their identity.

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mrs. P. said:

I am so disappointed in the Vuolos. They were once my favorite couple. Now, I cringe when I see them posing for yet another picture. They have truly lost their identity.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I find them a really depressing example of the lust for fame going to someone's head.

They're so busy chasing some phantom fame they imagine will make their lives wonderful that they probably spend more time -- and they clearly spend more energy -- chasing this elusive ephemeral nothing that fame is than they do living their lives or even doing anything that a person could realistically become famous for.

Stock photos, stiff writing that sounds phony even if it isn't and constant flailing. It's depressing as hell.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, Mrs. P. said:

I also agree.

When I see their photos all I can think is "Oh come on" and roll my eyes

• Love 10

What adds to the inauthentic feel of the Vuolo's posts is they both release a similar post on the same day. If that doesn't scream calculated, I don't know what does.

I know everyone here has strong feelings about Anna, but I find her posts, along with Joy's, the most authentic, meaning they're just sharing their lives and typical happenings.

Jill's are authentic by default, because she's Jill. Jessa's SM, on the other hand, is just as fake and calculating as the Vuolo's. Her posts are just in a less shiny package. And after years of being a Duggar, Jessa knows kids grab the attention.

Jeremy probably knows kids are attention grabbers too, but he needs the attention to be on him. Influencers have to be able to make their posts more about the message or the product, while letting the follower think they're getting unintentional glimpses into the life of the influencer.

All that to say, I have no problem with the Vuolos trying to make it as influencers. It is a legit career now. Its kind of interesting to watch it play out live.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I know I've said this several times about everyone in this family, but I continue to marvel at how much they calculatedly try to mimic popular influencers while utterly failing at picking up the nuances that make those influencers popular. And Jeremy has no excuse, since he grew up in the real world, which means he's just plain ole stupid.

Polished, professional photographs are popular yes, but there should be enough plausible deniability about who's taking those pictures. Which means you shouldn't have post after post of "candid" shots of the whole family (or at least, everyone in the family capable of using a camera), because that's going to lead to questions of "hey, who took that picture?" People should be able to assume--even though plenty of us know better--that either Jinger or Jeremy took the picture, and the only professional shots are the more formal posed ones. But no, they see that influencers who post professional looking photos are popular, so they have have regular photo shoots with wardrobe changes, staged in a way that makes it obviously they're all profesional shots and not just Jinger walking around with her camera, having happened to capture this beautiful moment. Dumb. Ass.

We have speculated here that the Vuolo's have hired a manager of sorts to help them become influencers.  That manager has pushed them into this direction where they wear the most basic and boring clothes imaginable.  They are trying to use one day's worth of pictures for weeks of content, and are filtering the hell out of them as well.  Now their feeds are all beige.  I don't really understand this concept when all the pictures look the same but the content is different.  I do not follow any influencers on Instgram so I don't know if this is how many of them operate.  The people I follow on the Gram change up the pictures or videos of their posts so their feed looks interesting.  I honestly don't understand why it is better to have all of your pictures look the same.  I don't find beige upon beige upon beige with a bit of black thrown in to be visually appealing.  I want to see color, pattern, and texture.  I want variety.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

We have speculated here that the Vuolo's have hired a manager of sorts to help them become influencers.  That manager has pushed them into this direction where they wear the most basic and boring clothes imaginable.  They are trying to use one day's worth of pictures for weeks of content, and are filtering the hell out of them as well.  Now their feeds are all beige.  I don't really understand this concept when all the pictures look the same but the content is different.  I do not follow any influencers on Instgram so I don't know if this is how many of them operate.  The people I follow on the Gram change up the pictures or videos of their posts so their feed looks interesting.  I honestly don't understand why it is better to have all of your pictures look the same.  I don't find beige upon beige upon beige with a bit of black thrown in to be visually appealing.  I want to see color, pattern, and texture.  I want variety.

I am most confused about the fact that in many of their new pics, their heads seem to be cut off! 😆

Go, Amy!

FD244662-3581-419E-917A-60FCAB517135.jpeg

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I am most confused about the fact that in many of their new pics, their heads seem to be cut off! 😆

I've made several French Revolution/guillotine/Marie Antoinette jokes on this thread recently. Maybe it's another botched attempt at giving the people what they want? 🤣

• LOL 22
  • Love 1

I'm starting to think their manager is just some failed influencer who knows just enough to convince wannabes that she can help them become famous influencers. The whole "be as bland as possible to attract followers from a wider pool" isn't going to work anymore. They need to find their niche and create a public personality if they're just that against displaying their real ones.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Other than the podcast, what exactly are they influencing?  I am as confused as everyone else.

Right now I think they're just whoring themselves out to develop an image.

If I was their manager, I'd have a spreadsheet noting days and times of posts, content of posts, number of likes and positive discussions, number of negative discussions and then once I found their target audience or audiences, I'd formulate a plan.

It may be a little time consuming, but its not rocket science and all the information they need is right in front of them. What is getting the most positive feedback and what isn't? Who are the followers giving the positive feedback? What's their interests, their incomes, their lifestyles? Who are the followers talking shit? When's the best day and time to post? What shouldn't we post?

• Love 13

I think one of their problems is they have settled on a persona that is probably more realistic about their potential audience, but they are amplifying the very curated look, which seems to be counterproductive. 

Because a big part of any social media persona that is effective is seeming authentic even if it's not. (What's that old joke about faking sincerity?) The best influencers and media personas seem effortless and real even if the person behind it is nothing at all like that persona. 

And considering the sudden shift in tone (goodbye, gourmet burgers; hello, mediocre reflections on my privileged life) and the highly artificial pictures and the obviously coordinated posts, they are eroding any potential for seeming authentic with this new shift. They just look like they're trying on personas like underwear rather than having any real vested interest in any of it.

There is a potential audience of young married Christians who like upscale things who would likely be drawn to Jeremy and Jinger and these hokey faux reflections on family and faith. But I think they're trying too hard to capture it and they're also just quite frankly not very good at it, so it's not working. And I think they're too vain to go the "Hey, everything's not so glamorous behind the scenes!" approach, which would probably connect with more people. 

• Love 21

The Vuolos seemed to have dodged a covid bullet. Laredo is getting hit hard.

I wonder if they're reaching out to offer their Laredo friends and parishioners support. That would likely increase positive traffic on SM too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Right now I think they're just whoring themselves out to develop an image.

If I was their manager, I'd have a spreadsheet noting days and times of posts, content of posts, number of likes and positive discussions, number of negative discussions and then once I found their target audience or audiences, I'd formulate a plan.

It may be a little time consuming, but its not rocket science and all the information they need is right in front of them. What is getting the most positive feedback and what isn't? Who are the followers giving the positive feedback? What's their interests, their incomes, their lifestyles? Who are the followers talking shit? When's the best day and time to post? What shouldn't we post?

So true. This requires actual disciplined use of some brain cells, though.....And tney don't seem to be wild about activity of that sort. 😁

I think Jer has chosen his career paths so far largely based on whether he imagines they'll be easy for him. He's always been wrong about this, of course. But I'm afraid it's still his chief criterion....  (and while I don't know if Jinger actually looks at things this way, it's certainly part of what she's used to in her family of origin....). 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if they're reaching out to offer their Laredo friends and parishioners support. That would likely increase positive traffic on SM too.

"Laredo who?" Jeremy probably.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
10 minutes ago, lascuba said:

"Laredo? Is that a trendy new pocket square line? I want one!" Jeremy. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 17
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

This reminds me of Stacy and Clinton: “color, texture, pattern, shine!” Oh, how I miss what not to wear! The Duggars would all be great candidates for it. I’d love to see them help Jinger discover her own true style (and they love blazers, so they could help her rock that professional look if she wanted it!). I would also love to see them help Jill embrace the direction she’s already going in. I think it would be a lost cause on the others, though. But I think Stacy and Clinton could be non-judgmental about their modesty standards, and help them still look nice within those standards. 

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

54 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Laredo yes, if it’s the new line of organic, artisanal coffee that is very expensive. 🙄🙄🙄

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

100 percent no

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

This reminds me of Stacy and Clinton: “color, texture, pattern, shine!” Oh, how I miss what not to wear! The Duggars would all be great candidates for it. I’d love to see them help Jinger discover her own true style (and they love blazers, so they could help her rock that professional look if she wanted it!). I would also love to see them help Jill embrace the direction she’s already going in. I think it would be a lost cause on the others, though. But I think Stacy and Clinton could be non-judgmental about their modesty standards, and help them still look nice within those standards. 

Oh gosh, us too.  I even got Mr lookeyloo hooked on it back in the day.  I say "color, pattern, texture, shine" now and then, also, "it doesn't have to match, it just has to go".  Good memories.  Lost on any of the Duggars including these two.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Oh gosh, us too.  I even got Mr lookeyloo hooked on it back in the day.  I say "color, pattern, texture, shine" now and then, also, "it doesn't have to match, it just has to go".  Good memories.  Lost on any of the Duggars including these two.

Loved that show, too.  I would love to have Clinton come shopping with me and help me pick out just the right stuff.

• Love 12

Ya know, I could give Jinger a pass on going out to volunteer during this pandemic, because's she's pregnant. And extend that pass to Jeremee because, Jinger's pregnant.  That is, I could give 'em a pass if I thought that either of them had entertained the thought of going out to volunteer and help others for even one hot minute. Nah. No pass necessary.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

As if. Jeremy's probably thanking baby Jesus that they got out of there.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Ya know, I could give Jinger a pass on going out to volunteer during this pandemic, because's she's pregnant. And extend that pass to Jeremee because, Jinger's pregnant.  That is, I could give 'em a pass if I thought that either of them had entertained the thought of going out to volunteer and help others for even one hot minute. Nah. No pass necessary.

There are things that can be done from home, too.  They could've made masks, written thank you notes to essential workers, volunteered to grocery shop for elderly or immunocompromised neighbors, cooked soup or other healthy foods for people who are sick at home, and a dozen other things.

And, as noted above, they managed to travel to Arizona and back to meet up with the Duggars and others and the photos indicate a lack of masks and social distancing; so, if Jinger's pregnancy didn't stop them from doing that, it wouldn't have stopped them from doing something constructive if they wanted.  They didn't.

• Love 19

I'm actually going to disagree with Amy. I don't think people want realness. If you look at the big time influencers, they all present a fantasy aesthetic. Houses that are never messy, kids that never misbehave, hair and makeup that are always flawless, husbands who are perfectly romantic and attentive, etc. It's a form of escapism for the average person. Where Jeremy and Jinger are going wrong is in their inability to make fake look real. They're not good enough actors and it shows.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I'm actually going to disagree with Amy. I don't think people want realness. If you look at the big time influencers, they all present a fantasy aesthetic. Houses that are never messy, kids that never misbehave, hair and makeup that are always flawless, husbands who are perfectly romantic and attentive, etc. It's a form of escapism for the average person. Where Jeremy and Jinger are going wrong is in their inability to make fake look real. They're not good enough actors and it shows.

If the house gets messy or the kids misbehave; they present it as just a funny little glitch in their near-perfect days.  Sort of like they're living in an episode of Father Knows Best from 1955.

The profitable influencers are aspirational.  People look at their blogs and find things they wish they had or, at least, ideas for improving what they already have.  Whether it's Kylie's perfect lips or the jeans that Taylor Swift wore out on the town or a chair like the one in Kim's living room; people want to see people living a better life than theirs, or at least looking like it.  They want to get ideas on what's new, what's next, how to live like the stars.  Even the lesser known (to us, anyway), influencers have posts filled with ideas and creativity.

Jer and Jing have no creativity and their posts are boring and generic.  There is nothing to aspire to.

• Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, I agree. As with Jer's other careers....he doesn't have the talent or the work ethic and drive to do well with this one either. 

Jer, you're good at being a toady. Find somebody who wants a long-term toady, suck up to the guy so he'll hire you (the sucking up is definitely one of your strengths), and stop trying vainly to find something that'll put you into the center of the spotlight.

Pro athlete, hotshot preacher, famous influencer. Nope. Nope. Nope. Three strikes, you're out. 

You're good enough as a grifting suckup to get a toadying job for somebody with money. But you should just accept that you're going to be near the edge of somebody else's spotlight and that you haven't got the chops to get a spotlight  of your own.

It's okay. You can earn money and buy basketball shoes and pocket squares and you can drink fancy coffee. You can provide well for your family. You can even get a smidge of reflected glory now and then, probably. 

But it's time to stop trying to make fetch happen. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
(edited)

I'm actually going to disagree with Amy. I don't think people want realness.

Agreed. Look at Jingle's family of origin. Fake as hell, but able to pull off relatable. Amy herself went for a fake, but relatable singing career.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7
(edited)

I think followers want both. They want to know your kids eat pizza for breakfast, but don't want to see sweaty kids licking tomato sauce off a grimy table, they want to see shiny, sparkly kids in matching pajamas eating pizza off real plates. They want to know your bathroom mirror gets covered with spots of soap and toothpaste, but they want to see the spotless mirror and know what product you use to make clean-up easier. They want to know you occasionally lose it, but they want to see you with only one hair out of place as you drive in a clean car to sneak an ice cream cone.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 17

Tons of comments in the recent posts are calling them out on their staged photos. Apparently some were deleted. They keep saying they miss the old Jinger and Jeremy 🙄.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6

Let's not forget that they are also in another COVID-19 hotspot. California has the second highest number of total cases in the country and Los Angeles County has the most cases in California.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think they care enough to even fake it for social media.

Jeremy & Jinger are bad at being influencers because to do it right takes a lot of work. You have to know what your niche is, who your audience is, and how to make it part of your persona in your posts. J&J come off as 3rd rate models for a christian magazine for young marrieds that's handed out free at Hillsong services. 

They sucked at doing this by themselves and they're no better at it with someone else pulling the strings. They need to give up trying to be important and do something they actually like and can excel at.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

J&J come off as 3rd rate models for a christian magazine for young marrieds that's handed out free at Hillsong services. 

OMG I'm dying laughing. You nailed it!

• Love 11

Just for comparison. 

45db11c884bcece890a3dde51d0773f9.jpg

image.png.4b1b809f358d3c8e3047fab90019a96b.png

0_YouTube-star-Myka-Stauffer-complained-

Yep, not in the same league for sure.

As an aside - the woman in that last pic is a horrible person, as some of you may know (otherwise I'd suggest googling Myka Stauffer if you're curious).

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

(otherwise I'd suggest googling Myka Stauffer if you're curious).

Is that the bitch who gave back her adopted child? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

He was "re-homed"   That sounds like something you do with a dog.

Yes, that's just appalling. I mean, I imagine the poor little guy is probably better off not being raised by her but still. What a horrible way to treat another human being. 

• Love 8
Just now, Zella said:

Yes, that's just appalling. I mean, I imagine the poor little guy is probably better off not being raised by her but still. What a horrible way to treat another human being. 

It is especially appalling if you take a look at how she used the adoption to draw people to her blog and when you watch the videos she posted where she is clearly aggravated because he is not following the script and performing for the camera.

• Love 6
(edited)
27 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

He was "re-homed"   That sounds like something you do with a dog.

At least one super-Christian Arkansas couple did it with two children several years ago, you may remember! 

I noticed recently that they've been in the news again. Somehow, they thought it was a good idea to sue the state for harassment and unfairness because state agencies investigated them after finding out that they'd taken it upon themselves to "rehome" their privately adopted kids (who'd then been sexually molested in the "home" they were rehomed to....).

But earlier this year the Arkansas Supreme Court dismissed their crazy lawsuit. 

I also note that these very Christian rehomers have a lawyer we all may recognize: They're represented by "Springdale attorney Travis Story, who is known both for his activism around social conservative causes and his controversial tenure on the state medical marijuana commission."

And who's also known as the lawyer and good buddy of Jingle and Jer's favorite fountain of faith and love, JB.  https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2020/01/23/former-state-lawmaker-who-rehomed-adopted-girls-sued-state

So I'm afraid this rehoming thing is more of a trend than I want it to be.....

The rehomer pictured above provides excellent evidence that a picture may be worth a thousand words. But those words are sometimes a big fat lie. 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9