Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Yawn.

Yes, indeedy, a toddler who wants to imitate the adults.  Shocking!  Sorta like Jessa thinks Spurge is brilliant because he and Meredith discuss 'bad words' like pee.  Because no kid his age ever found humor in bodily functions.

• LOL 12
  • Love 12
42 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

And what kind of housework involves white skinny jeans and snakeskin loafers again?

The kind that requires someone else sweep, mop, and sanitize before you purposely spill a tiny amount so you can be relatable.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
32 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I thought I read somewhere that Prop has a nanny.  It's funny how they never seem to reveal that to their social media audience.

How the hell could they afford a nanny?

I'm sure they would love to have one, but I really doubt they do.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

How the hell could they afford a nanny?

I'm sure they would love to have one, but I really doubt they do.

She’s probably a “volunteer” from the church, assigned by MacArthur to serve the Lord by serving the Vuolos.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, indeedy, a toddler who wants to imitate the adults.  Shocking!  Sorta like Jessa thinks Spurge is brilliant because he and Meredith discuss 'bad words' like pee.  Because no kid his age ever found humor in bodily functions.

My kid had an emoji birthday cake when she turned six with a big old poop emoji on the top of it. It's a totally normal thing haha

I always wear white pants when I go outside to play with chalk.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I thought I read somewhere that Prop has a nanny.  It's funny how they never seem to reveal that to their social media audience.

I would LOVE to know if this is true!

• Love 1

I've been elbow deep in the Myka drama for a month now - I was hoping someone would see the Jingle parallels. Based on all of read about her, she's a female Jeremy (except Myka has a fancy house, expensive luxury cars, five grand bracelet, etc. Her family went to Bali after the rehoming). All of this is to say - she's what Jer wlil be if he ever gets money and success. He should take note how it ends, as should Jingle.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
16 hours ago, awaken said:

I would LOVE to know if this is true!

I have been strongly disliking them since they decided they were better than the rest of us. They live in LA for heaven’s sake! Surely that counts for something in their little minds! If there is a whisper of a nanny? Um... no. I hope they enjoy their plastic life. Because nobody gives a crap.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I've been elbow deep in the Myka drama for a month now - I was hoping someone would see the Jingle parallels. Based on all of read about her, she's a female Jeremy (except Myka has a fancy house, expensive luxury cars, five grand bracelet, etc. Her family went to Bali after the rehoming). All of this is to say - she's what Jer wlil be if he ever gets money and success. He should take note how it ends, as should Jingle.

It ain't over yet. They're still making money off of Stauffer Garage. I can't see JinJer on YouTube. Too much effort for them.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It ain't over yet. They're still making money off of Stauffer Garage. I can't see JinJer on YouTube. Too much effort for them.

Myka studied the youtube algorythm and made sure to stage and speak accordingly to get bumped to the top or searches, getting her an audience. Way too much effort for Vuolo sloths. She did try being a christian mommy vlogger for awhile, to get hits. She's privately an athiest. Jer, too, probably.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Myka studied the youtube algorythm and made sure to stage and speak accordingly to get bumped to the top or searches, getting her an audience. Way too much effort for Vuolo sloths. She did try being a christian mommy vlogger for awhile, to get hits. She's privately an athiest. Jer, too, probably.

Myka also pretended to be vegan. Definitely can't see Jeremy going there for hits. Their lane seems to be fashioned into Perfect Young Christian Family. Not sure how that affects the algorithm. 😁

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Am I hallucinating or isn't she the daughter of one of the MacArthur minions Jeremy was always posing with in the beginning of his time in L.A.?

Yes, she is Madisen Mahoney. Her dad is their pastor.

She is also a photographer (@madisen.e.photography). She did their pregnancy announcement photos and I suspect she's their personal photographer now. 

Screenshot_20200626-182444_Google.thumb.jpg.59b5d697b3c1e3e8eca623c480de6957.jpg

• Useful 7
5 minutes ago, Lunera said:

She is also a photographer (@madisen.e.photography). She did their pregnancy announcement photos and I suspect she's their personal photographer now. 

Screenshot_20200626-182444_Google.thumb.jpg.59b5d697b3c1e3e8eca623c480de6957.jpg

Aha thank you--and that is interesting about her being a photographer. That would actually make sense for why somebody always seems to be johnny-on-the-spot for pictures, especially if she is a live-in nanny or over there for hours at a time watching the kid anyway as they do God knows what. 

• Love 23
(edited)
17 hours ago, Zella said:

Am I hallucinating or isn't she the daughter of one of the MacArthur minions Jeremy was always posing with in the beginning of his time in L.A.?

Yeah, I think that's what we heard when this picture first came up.

And since one of Felicity's parents is certainly taking this picture, it's probably a photo from one of their two-family outings....We saw several pictures of Felicity with members of that family, I think -- people holding her and stuff. So this wouldn't be unusual. They all hung around together a lot .... and maybe still do...

.I looked at Madisen's photograph insta....She seems to like romantic photos, especially, and to a lesser extent family ones. So she'd like hanging around the Vs. 

EMLTA: As @GeeGolly mentions below, this was a tabloid shot and a tabloid caption. That rings a loud bell with me now. And it was an event that involved some Vuolos and some Mahoney family members. Madisen isn't on her own with Felicity. She's with other people, including a Vuolo or two. They just aren't in the picture. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
36 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jing and her pants look awful!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

It really bothers me that they’re never looking at the camera in any of these pictures

That’s because they’re supposed to be candid pictures. We’re supposed to believe that they’re just living their lives and a photographer just happen to capture those special moments.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3

Why would Jinger need a nanny? The girl has no job to go out to, has only one small child and eats out/takeout constantly. Self-entitled. These two are anything but modest and humble. Aren't these two things that a 'pastor' is supposed to model and actually BE?

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
26 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Why would Jinger need a nanny? The girl has no job to go out to, has only one small child and eats out/takeout constantly. Self-entitled. These two are anything but modest and humble. Aren't these two things that a 'pastor' is supposed to model and actually BE?

I knooow! I was wondering the same thing because neither appears to be doing anything and apparently that includes doing nothing with the kid. If they do have a nanny, that means in my eyes that Felicity is indeed used as a prop in mom and dad's carefully cultivated Instagram reality life. 

• Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

These two are anything but modest and humble. Aren't these two things that a 'pastor' is supposed to model and actually BE?

I think this depends on the individual pastor, really. I mean, MacArthur isn't modest and humble a bit.....So if Jer models himself on him....and he does....then he wouldn't be modeling himself on those virtues! 

I think pastors of the MacArthur type just tend to preach about other stuff (like why women shouldn't ever try to be boss and you should refuse to speak to your gay children and the Black community should stop asking for social justice and focus on their faith in Jesus!). And when they do mention modesty and humility they tend to focus on seeing yourself as humble compared to God -- not as compared to any other mortals. 

I think clergy of the MacArthur type probably collect parishioners who like an air of domination and wealth in their pastors and their churches, I suppose because they feel it reflecting on them? 

I think this is something that's varied from person to person and time to time (and to a lesser extent, maybe from church to church or subsect/denomination to s/d)  throughout Christianity's existence.

I mean, when you look at history, you can definitely see plenty of top pastors who tried to model those virtues and other top pastors who really took on a demeanor of power, domination, and upper-classishness, in both the Catholic and Protestant branches......(don't know much about the other branches, but I guess I'd be surprised if it isn't the same there...)

The I'm-upper-crusty ones may not seem properly Christian to you and me, but I'll bet there are a fair number of people in Christian churches who prefer them to people who are always talking about being modest and humble -- which aren't things a lot of humans really want to be, I don't believe! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

I would imagine that their nanny provides some respite to allow Jinger to get in her daily home-workouts in case Prop is not in the mood for a nap.  She also must have the nanny mind her while she's spending time reading and researching content as well as recording their successful podcast series.  Prior to Covid19, I'm sure Jermy was away at school the majority of the day and probably spent late nights studying for exams and writing papers.  Having to care for a curious toddler day and night by herself would have been a major strain and not allowed her any time to give back to their fans.

• LOL 18
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jinger probably spends hours every day ironing Jerry’s pocket squares.

😂😂 you are quite the cut-up!  The Duggar girls did not come with any domestic skills.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

But instead I will look at her nose.

16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I am truly bewildered by this one. Wtf?

74D3CF32-BFCF-477A-8799-2183B1EA922F.jpeg

I very seldom have a comment for this thread, but what a weird, unattractive picture this is!  The caption really makes no sense either - he's looking a her, but she is looking off in the distance.  She looks like she's thinking "Get me out of here"!

Edited by Suzn
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
On 6/27/2020 at 8:11 AM, floridamom said:

Remember Jinger's upbringing.  The laundry room breakdown happened when Jing was a preschooler.  She probably doesn't remember a time when her mother showed any interest in a child over 6 months of age.  What she did see was her mother having plenty of time every day to exercise and drink Starbucks while someone else cared for her children.  I could see Jinger thinking that taking care of her child's daily needs is not her responsibility and that having someone else around to handle the mundane stuff is her right as a mother.  I suspect Jessa's kids spend a goodly portion of their time under the supervision of their aunts at the TTH.

I think that Jill and Joy perhaps do take care of their own kids the vast majority of the time these days, but I think they weren't raised to think that this was their job.

• Love 15