Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Too much Duggar slop cooking/wine?

I'm envisioning him mourning his inability to go primp in public and self-medicating with a bag of Cheetos. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Zella said:

It looks like promo pics for a bad sitcom. 

The kind that is canceled after three episodes... just like their spin off will be! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

my guess is they are writing a book - following Jer and Aud roloff pattern.

have a perfect photogenic prop for a child, think they are influencers, have a podcast, so next step seems it would be a book.

My thoughts too.

What could they possibly write about that would be of interest to anyone else?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My thoughts too.

What could they possibly write about that would be of interest to anyone else?

24 ways to grift anything and have a cushy life sipping free overpriced coffee in a free 2 million dollar house.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Anyone else think that RPTW has started to touch up the grays? His remaining hair has that suspiciously flat black Ken doll look these days...

I think he is exactly the kind of guy that WOULD do that.  IF he hasn't yet, I am sure he will.

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Just for Jeremy.

h_newlook_warrow.png

Oh God, I thought that was Jeremiah Duggar on the left, until I realize this is hair dye it doesn’t actually help you regrow hair! 

I feel like Jeremy is more of a hair club for men kind of guy. 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Anyone else think that RPTW has started to touch up the grays? His remaining hair has that suspiciously flat black Ken doll look these days...

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did and I wouldn’t be mad at him as I’m doing the same thing.

My father went salt & pepper in medical school, and I held out until 33 before a coloring 2x per year (I’m 34). I have a baby face and high pitched voice and I find the greys REALLY jarring and not flattering on me at all. I may go silver at 50 something.

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I think he is exactly the kind of guy that WOULD do that.  IF he hasn't yet, I am sure he will.

yes 100%. He’s vain. Nothing wrong with that just own up to it. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

Just watched the IG live. They are launching a podcast 

Uh....They announced this, like, a month or two ago, right?  What's with all the "we can finally talk about it." They already talked about it -- admittedly, not a lot of details, but still....

• Love 6
7 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

Yuck.  They’ve not released any podcast episodes yet that I could find.  There was an “inaugural” taping by their producer, who did a really sloppy job of talking about what the podcast would be about.

• Useful 3
(edited)

All that hype . . . for something they've already hyped. My astonishment at their marketing ineptness remains intact. 

I'd actually wondered if it was something about the podcast, but then I was like, "Nah, couldn't be. It's a new announcement."

Edited by Zella
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yuck.  They’ve not released any podcast episodes yet that I could find.  There was an “inaugural” taping by their producer, who did a really sloppy job of talking about what the podcast would be about.

Well, I guess that Jer jumped the gun. It wouldn't be the first time. 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The podcast website, with two episodes up, is here: 

http://hopewehold.com/blog/

Second episode is only about 16 minutes long. (It was at the top of the page, so it's the one I listened to...)  I skipped through and listened to bits. They feel really sad about George Floyd's death. It's great and amazing that humans are created in God's image. They read some bible verses related to this. "Male and female created He them," etc. 

We should mourn with people who are hurting.  God was stricken for our transgressions, said Jer. He said that in a few different ways. Jinger reads something from Revelations about God making  some people priests from every nation. 

Jer talks in that breathy now-I'm-sermonizing voice that he preaches in. There's beautiful diversity and so on in people. And in heaven one day we'll all be singing unified together. 

FIRST episode is about 20 minutes....They write that this is the first thing they talked about in this one: "Why we started The Hope We Hold Podcast, in depth!"   Not sure I want to hear that. At least not today, since I listened to some of the other one. 

People who just adore them and who really really want to hear kind of random bible verses read out loud will like this. Others, not so much. 

I think maybe an agency has convinced them that this is who they are so this is what they should do and work at? That seems like the only possible decent advice they could be given. And it just becomes a question of how many people they can actually interest in who they are........But when they've tried to be a bunch of different people, including some they really aren't, that seems like a clear recipe for failure......If they're going to sell people, it has to be with something they can sustain....and something like this is probably it, I expect. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 11
  • Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The podcast website, with two episodes up, is here: 

http://hopewehold.com/blog/

Second episode is only about 16 minutes long. (It was at the top of the page, so it's the one I listened to...)  I skipped through and listened to bits. They feel really sad about George Floyd's death. It's great and amazing that humans are created in God's image. They read some bible verses related to this. "Male and female created He them," etc. 

We should mourn with people who are hurting.  God was stricken for our transgressions, said Jer. He said that in a few different ways. Jinger reads something from Revelations about God making  some people priests from every nation. 

Jer talks in that breathy now-I'm-sermonizing voice that he preaches in. There's beautiful diversity and so on in people. And in heaven one day we'll all be singing unified together. 

FIRST episode is about 20 minutes....They write that this is the first thing they talked about in this one: "Why we started The Hope We Hold Podcast, in depth!"   Not sure I want to hear that. At least not today, since I listened to some of the other one. 

People who just adore them and who really really want to hear kind of random bible verses read out loud will like this. Others, not so much. 

Well, he introduced the pods as life through a biblical lens, so this is what I expected. I'm not going to waste my time listening to him pontificate or listen to him mispronounce Jesus. 🙄

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
(edited)

Jill still has her radio show. It's recapped weekly on FJ.

But to the point, pretty much anyone can have a podcast. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Autocorrect strikes again
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Even Jill R used to have a radio show. 

Forreal? I’ve never been so intrigued, or so frightened. This is 1 million times more interesting than whatever these two posers are gonna come up with.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

Forreal? I’ve never been so intrigued, or so frightened. This is 1 million times more interesting than whatever these two posers are gonna come up with.

Hehe This was my reaction too! I had no idea!

• Love 7

As an avid podcast listener, I have some thoughts:

1. There is no shortage of evangelical Christian podcasts that are well produced. I don’t think there is an audience just waiting for what the Duggalos have to say.

2. I do not know statistics, but I know, for me, my podcast listening is way down while on covid lockdown. I have heard others say this, too. Listening to a podcast is the perfect activity while driving, and we’re not driving much these days. 

3. However, since everyone is at home and bored, there are so many new podcasts coming out!

Long story short, they are going to get lost in the noise.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Don't get so excited. She just preaches her usual bullshit. If you've read a Jill post, you've listened to her radio show. 😁

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Zella said:

Hehe This was my reaction too! I had no idea!

The Hope We Sold Out will have to literally air audio of car crashes every day to keep me more morbidly curious than Jill R.

10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Don't get so excited. She just preaches her usual bullshit. If you've read a Jill post, you've listened to her radio show. 😁

Yeah, but I’m really curious about how she sells things emotionally. The inflection she uses, the sounds in the background, etc. The Jingle’s  are going to be so pretentious and vanilla it’s going to be like listening to the background music at the local Old Navy.

• LOL 10
(edited)

I thought Jill R lost the radio show and FJ stopped recapping even when it was on the air, because they'd rather snark on her family.

There are a staggering number of podcasts in existance. 

Edited by Temperance
(edited)

I guess I've heard her speak enough that I can envision her preaching style. A lot of vocal fry mixed with scolding admonitions when she talks about SIN!!!!

eta: I just read a radio show recap earlier this week and one the week before, etc. It's a current deal.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

2. I do not know statistics, but I know, for me, my podcast listening is way down while on covid lockdown. I have heard others say this, too. Listening to a podcast is the perfect activity while driving, and we’re not driving much these days.

Interesting. I often listen to podcasts at work, and I still am working just as long(if not longer because remoting in has lags); and being alone all day means I want more background noise on. 

I do think Jeremy’s podcast will have a following. Many places are opening up but this summer is going to be on the “slower” side, if anything social media followers may listen to an episode or 2. 

• Useful 1

Oh hell yeah, I can stop taking melatonin to help me sleep! My other podcasts are just too interesting to listen to while trying to fall asleep, I'm sure that these two pretentious bores will do that job just fine. 

• LOL 11
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, he introduced the pods as life through a biblical lens, so this is what I expected. I'm not going to waste my time listening to him pontificate or listen to him mispronounce Jesus. 🙄

Wait, how does he say Jesus? I've heard him preach and have never noticed.

• Useful 2

I hope one or a few of you will share the details of the Vuolo's podcasts. Thank-you in advance for whoever does, because I'm fairly certain they'll be painful to listen to.

• Love 7

Good little meek girl. Headship lectures, you take notes. Gag.

These people are ruining Cupid Shuffle Day for me.

(Kidding...dancing away singing “To the left to the left to the left!“ to myself.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 4