Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Portia said:

Wait, how does he say Jesus? I've heard him preach and have never noticed.

Kind of like Jee-soos. He definitely mangles the second syllable.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Don't get so excited. She just preaches her usual bullshit. If you've read a Jill post, you've listened to her radio show. 😁

It seems like her podcast would be begging for buzzword bingo. Or shots. Drink every time she says SEVERELY!

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 7
4 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

VERY expensive mics. 

I couldn’t make out a brand-name or model number, but it just struck me how expensive they looked. And why they even needed two.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Somewhere between $800 and $1000 worth of mics on the table.  Thanks for doing the research. 

WTH Do I even have a job? I’m really going to enjoy picturing these two, 10 years from now, working their shifts in Walmart.

I'm looking forward to the fall, but I think Jeremy would fight Ben to clean Jim Bob's toilets with his tongue before he'd ever put in an honest day's work at a WM. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I give the podcast two weeks tops until they are onto the next thing...

I give them longer, but probably they'll stop the podcast around the birth of the baby. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Remember Duggar Studios? Me neither so it's something the whole family does- walk away from a project without a second glance. Only a new baby and a toddler are real reasons to postpone doing something unnecessary.

And Hey Jinger, it's really unnecessary we promise.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

A podcast can be a lucrative business if you are willing to work hard and do a ton of research. We all know that these two are allergic to working hard so there's that. 

They only work hard at posing for pictures which are usually hilariously bad/funny. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Yes that's how you show the people you're one of them. Have your resident photographer take a pic of you and your spouse snuggled together. Isn't that everybody's sunday morning?

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I also love to snuggle with my sweetie with a cup of coffee on the bare floor, leaning against a door frame; so much more comfortable than the sofa or bed.

On a bare, dirty linoleum floor. So romantic!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

A podcast can be a lucrative business if you are willing to work hard and do a ton of research. We all know that these two are allergic to working hard so there's that. 

Good thing they don’t have to do any work or research!  They just read a random collection of verses!  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm looking forward to the fall, but I think Jeremy would fight Ben to clean Jim Bob's toilets with his tongue before he'd ever put in an honest day's work at a WM. 

Ben becomes a senior supervisor! Jessa gets a house upgrade.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Ben becomes a senior supervisor! Jessa gets a house upgrade.

Game of Thrones, Duggar Style 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You win or you scrub. 

• LOL 11
On 5/30/2020 at 9:53 PM, Lunera said:

"Didn't even think we were going to do the show.." Bahahahaha!!

I skimmed through the video on YouTube and he said if God put it in his heart to move his family into a hut in the middle of nowhere, and preach to only two people for the rest of his life he would gladly do it. 🙄 Good thing God led them to LA where they live comfortably for free in a 4 bedroom house.

Also, this guy is some professional skateboarder/preacher who is going to make an appearance on the show.

I've noticed that god never seems to lead people anywhere they don't really want to go.  It's quite fortuitous. 

On 6/1/2020 at 5:51 PM, TresGatos said:

Gee, I am sooooo glad we have Alexander Tsiaras to mansplain these things to us.

He doesn't even mansplain! Just invokes a God of the gaps for a process we don't really understand (yet). Weak science. 

On 6/3/2020 at 6:25 PM, JoanArc said:

I'm getting a middle-aged Jon Lovitz/Ray Romano vibe. 

18 hours ago, Zella said:

I am too visual 🤢🤮

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

So for real, how do we think they got those expensive mics?  Who would sponsor their podcast?  Or who would gift them or the $ for this? I doubt they’d pay for them on their *ahem* humble seminary student income. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I love Jingle's top. Jeremy looks like he's putting on more pregnancy pounds than his wife. 

His legs look stuffed into those pants like sausage into casings.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Do they acruall6 own those mics? It could just be a prop for the picture. Most of those pics are fake.

It’s LA and it looks like a set. It would not surprise me an iota if it isn’t a podcast place you can rent by the hour. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

It’s LA and it looks like a set. It would not surprise me an iota if it isn’t a podcast place you can rent by the hour. 

Ahhhhh makes sense!  Goes right along with their fake, curated veneer of an image. 

• Love 17
(edited)
13 hours ago, lascuba said:

So...who's sponsoring this podcast? Because they didn't pay for those mics themselves, no way. 

I kind of think their new agency is helping them with this.

Seems to me there's been a pattern in the past month or so of them actually trying to focus on a single primary audience -- young conservative Christian couples who aspire to modernity and coolness. This is basically what we around here have said they should do all along, of course, as they were doing their scattershot stuff that anybody who knew thing one about business and marketing would have known couldn't possibly work. 

I'm sure an agency would have said just what we said -- stay in your lane. A big agency would have hooked up with them only if it saw some particular need/market where the agency has some gaps and which the Vs might possibly help them with. So I have a feeling the agency is helping them out with developing their cool-conservative-Christian persona.....and if it works, it'll help the agency market other stuff to that crowd.

They're getting a shot because they already came in with a million-plus followers. But the agency isn't going to just sit there. They're going to see if they can leverage the million-plus people the Vs already have. 

So now the agency is focusing the Vs' formerly all-over-the-place "efforts" and trying to find out how strong a following they can build, I'd bet. And if it works, then the agency will have a way to market other people and stuff to this demographic.

And if it doesn't work, they'll eventually get dropped. (they'll be able to keep the microphones, though, if they're actually in "their" house right now, as they may or may not be....I mean, they did set up the house with a "recording studio" when they first moved in, remember?......😈 )

So far, they're still stiff, kind of phony and quite boring, to my eyes and ears. But of course they are just starting (over). And maybe the cool-conservative-Christian young generation likes that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

So far, they're still stiff, kind of phony and quite boring, to my eyes and ears. But of course they are just starting (over). And maybe the cool-conservative-Christian young generation likes that. 

I won't listen to the podcast because I'm stridently anti-proselytizer, but I just can't imagine those two ever loosening up enough to not be stiff and phony. Jeremy's too obviously desperate to succeed in anything that results in being worshiped, and Jinger has been indoctrinated since childhood to never be sincere in front of an audience.  Plus, there's such weird, uncomfortable dynamic between those two when they're interacting and not just posing for pretty pictures. If this podcast is mostly just the two of them talking to each other...well, I think even a lot of leghumpers are going to grow bored listening to Jeremy pontificating and Jinger agreeing. Podcasts hosted by more than 1 person work because of the back-and-forth between the hosts. I honestly think those two don't even do that in private.

Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to the commentary.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Ugh I tried to listen to the first episode and had to turn it off. Jeremy comes off as so smarmy and condescending. I see now why he needed a “meek” little girl as his wife. This is not a man who could be with a grown woman.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They're getting a shot because they already came in with a million-plus followers. But the agency isn't going to just sit there. They're going to see if they can leverage the million-plus people the Vs already have. 

Counting On this podcast. In more ways than one.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I kind of think their new agency is helping them with this.

Seems to me there's been a pattern in the past month or so of them actually trying to focus on a single primary audience -- young conservative Christian couples who aspire to modernity and coolness. This is basically what we around here have said they should do all along, of course, as they were doing their scattershot stuff that anybody who knew thing one about business and marketing would have known couldn't possibly work. 

I'm sure an agency would have said just what we said -- stay in your lane. A big agency would have hooked up with them only if it saw some particular need/market where the agency has some gaps and which the Vs might possibly help them with. So I have a feeling the agency is helping them out with developing their cool-conservative-Christian persona.....and if it works, it'll help the agency market other stuff to that crowd.

So now the agency is focusing the Vs' formerly all-over-the-place "efforts" and trying to find out how strong a following they can build, I'd bet. And if it works, then the agency will have a way to market other people and stuff to this demographic.

And if it doesn't work, they'll eventually get dropped. (they'll be able to keep the microphones, though, if they're actually in "their" house right now, as they may or may not be....I mean, they did set up the house with a "recording studio" when they first moved in, remember?......😈 )

“Coolness” 🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆

• LOL 6
22 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It could be that Jeremy laid on the floor to get his pants zipped and snapped and then couldn't get up. 🤣🍔🍕😷

Thanks for the best laugh that I’ve had in days 😂🤣😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1