Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Just like Lauren. 

Lauren announced she had had a loss right before the new Counting On season. It had not been mentioned before. And then she talked about it endlessly including during a healthy pregnancy. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I think the females excrete some kind a pheremone that rapidly ages is the males. It’s the only defense to getting constantly impregnated. 

This is genius. Bravo.

2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

What about Angeles for the new baby girl's name, in honor of their new hometown?  I'm kidding, but I don't hate it.  LOL

What’s MacArthur’s mother’s name?

Suckups gotta suck.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

What about Angeles for the new baby girl's name, in honor of their new hometown?  I'm kidding, but I don't hate it.  LOL

That's silly. They can't speak Spanish! LOL

Maybe they'll draw on Jeremy's study of classical languages and go with Angela, Eliana or Evangeline.

• LOL 6
18 minutes ago, Zella said:

Wikipedia says her name was Irene. His wife is a Patricia. Irene Patricia Pocket Square Vuolo. 

Behindthename does say there are a lot of early Christian martyr/saints named Irene. Since Felicity was named for an early Christian martyr, it's possible they will use Irene. 

I think both Caroline and Charlotte are possibilities to honor Charles Spurgeon and Charles Vuolo.  I also like Rosemary as both religious, princessy and to honor Grandma Mary, but it may be too Catholic.  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Behindthename does say there are a lot of early Christian martyr/saints named Irene. Since Felicity was named for an early Christian martyr, it's possible they will use Irene. 

I think both Caroline and Charlotte are possibilities to honor Charles Spurgeon and Charles Vuolo.  I also like Rosemary as both religious, princessy and to honor Grandma Mary, but it may be too Catholic.  

If he wants to be super fancy and pretend like he's actually learning Greek, he can insist on pronouncing Irene with 3 syllables like they did in The Forsyte Saga. 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Zella said:

If he wants to be super fancy and pretend like he's actually learning Greek, he can insist on pronouncing Irene with 3 syllables like they did in The Forsyte Saga. 😄 

I thought I was the only American who watched that! 😂

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought I was the only American who watched that! 😂

I love me some dysfunctional family dynamics courtesy of Masterpiece Theater! 😄 Especially when you get Damien Lewis and Ioan G as part of the deal. (Too lazy to look up the spelling of his name.) 

To be on topic: I seriously doubt any of the Duggars or their adjacents have ever watched it. 

• Love 4
(edited)

With their various new agencies,  I think it's probably pretty important for them right now to start looking very aspirational to some largeish present-day demographic.... ..

I think the pink tie may be a mistake....and the pink boutonniere on the first jacket he tried on was absolutely a mistake. To me he kind of looks like a 40-year-old trying to find the right outfit for the senior prom. (but not finding it...)

And I doubt Jinger's dress is helping. To me it looks like something a 1960ish housewife wore  while she was cooking for the dinner party.....And now she's taken off her apron and is about to go upstairs to change into her adult clothes before the guests arrive. 

And the combination of their outfits raises a lot more questions than it answers....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Doesn’t Jinger also claim to be “a lover of all things classical?” 🤣

Well, she claims to love everything that Jeremy loves, because, well, she loves Jeremy, and if Jeremy loves all things classical, then she loves them as well by definition. But that still says nothing about what love. or, indeed, knowledge she has of any of Jeremy's books she might have outside of recognizing the titles on his bookshelf.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Interesting that Jer is the one with multiple costume changes for the photo shoot while Jing stays with the pink housedress all the way.  More proof that Jer considers himself to be the center of interest in the family.

I noticed that. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe none of her clothes fit her? @doodlebug 

She has been pregnant, twice. She has a gajillion relatives who do literally nothing but turn out babies. She couldn’t come up with one other outfit?

Or, here’s a thought, RFP could cough up some of his menswear budget to get her another maternity dress.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

She has been pregnant, twice. She has a gajillion relatives who do literally nothing but turn out babies. She couldn’t come up with one other outfit?

Or, here’s a thought, RFP could cough up some of his menswear budget to get her another maternity dress.

Ding ding. I have no doubt she bought that maternity dress new for the photo shoot, I don’t know a single man that loves his wife that wouldn’t prefer for her to have a couple more new things (pregnant or not) for a photo shoot than he would be wearing. 

• Love 15
(edited)
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Ooooh..it's on Amazon Prime...now I can watch it to see how you think RFP would pronounce Irene.😁 

I love finding new stuff to watch..how do the Duggars stand not watching TV? Going to normal movies?? I guess if you don't know any different...

I mean, I (probably) could do without TV if I still had books..but they only allow religious books, right? I can't imagine all the things they missed growing up. Blah.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 7

Most men I know would have to be told what to wear for a photo shoot and most wouldn't be happy if they had to change in the middle of it. 

Jinger could have changed into the dress she wore during Felicity's reveal. She may even have had time to iron it by now.

Jinger+and+Jeremy.png

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Temperance said:

They were in blue and pink for the gender reveal. They already know it's a girl so it's pink for them. I didn't realise that til I saw GeeGolly's photo. 

I'm pretty sure they knew Felicity was a girl before the reveal too. The outfits were to keep it a surprise to others.

• Love 2
Just now, Oldernowiser said:

I have run out of eyerolls on this putz. Has no one in his entire life told him he’s full of shit?

My guess it's been said once or twice. But I doubt he's ever listening. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
Just now, farmgal4 said:

I honestly don’t know how Jinger can stand to listen to his bullshit day in and day out.  I would have to tell him to STFU, for real.  He’s insufferable.

Maybe having to listen to super-arrogant JB, Meeechelle and Joshley (not to mention Bill Gothard and his minions) spout off crap constantly when she was a kid made jingle more tolerant of it ....and better able to just tune it out....Maybe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

If I think back to carrying my children as well as anytime friends or family are pregnant, I am amazed at the wonder of the growth of little humans. Full stop.

As for sister, no wonder there - 

sis·ter 

1. a woman or girl in relation to other daughters and sons of her parents. 

2. a close female friend or associate, especially a female fellow member of a labor union or other organization.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

If I think back to carrying my children as well as anytime friends or family are pregnant, I am amazed at the wonder of the growth of little humans. Full stop.

As for sister, no wonder there - 

sis·ter 

1. a woman or girl in relation to other daughters and sons of her parents. 

2. a close female friend or associate, especially a female fellow member of a labor union or other organization.

If he had worded it like this, it would be profound! He’s just not smart enough to think of that. I’m 100% sure jeremy was the kid in English class who claimed to see symbolism / deeper meaning in texts where it wasn’t really there. He certainly was the insufferable asshole who always tried to correct the professor. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

Jinger is barely showing and less than halfway through the pregnancy and they've already taught Felicity to point to Jinger's belly and say "baby".😬 I'm sure Lauren is jealous she didn't get to do this first with Bella; it's right up her alley.  Is Felicity going to point to all women without a toned stomach? Of course if she goes through rebellious phase as a teen/youngadult, she can just point to Jinger at any point and say "baby".   Hey maybe Felicity can go home to see Lolli and Pops and point to their stomachs and say "baby". Ultimately this seems like trying to appeal their base with overemphasizing pregnancy and  unintended potential fat shaming. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Was a pregnant gingerbread Ginger their reveal for this pregnancy?

I saw a  short video announcing a new season, this was in it

We think it was the announcement for her pregnancy last fall.  She miscarried the next day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/28/2020 at 11:08 AM, Lunera said:

Wonder if that'll make it to an episode. 

Oh yeah, they won't go all Lauren about it, but I bet they show the "We're pregnant" announcement and then some sad stock music as JinJer share that they lost the baby but they're leaning on God to get through this time. *

* I don't have an issue with people using their faith to help them through their trials, it's just that I think Money, Fame, and Arrogance are the real Trinity for the Duggar clan.

• Love 24