Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, jennblevins said:

Maybe he’s been watching international baseball, like the rest of us desperate fans?  Mr. Blevins and I were watching a CPBL (Taiwanese) game a few days ago and if you squinted hard enough, one of the teams had uniforms that kinda looked like the Dodgers ...

That’s probably giving him too much credit. 

ETA - if I’m trying to be nice to Jeremy, I guess I have to try and be nice to Jinger, too. Didn’t she work on a puzzle when she was in labor with Felicity?  So there’s a precedent, I guess. Ugh, I feel weird, defending them. 

Hmmmm. I’ve got an ex that plays overseas...Maybe I should check it out.

• Love 1

NY Times had an article yesterday about Mask Clubs. where you pay $9.95 a month for trendy/designer new masks to be sent often. Since designers are now making masks. the basic point of the article was this will be the new must have fashion statement.

I was sure Jeremy would jump on  a trend like that

I was going to post a link to it here but wasn't sure it would be free to everyone to view.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Zella said:

I think the mask is his new favorite fashion accessory, taking the place of the pocket square, and he's such a attention whore that he had to post something, even though there was literally nothing to say. 

I took a selfie once after getting off work at my essential job with the caption 'feeling cute' to be funny. I can't imagine being so thirsty to make it a regular thing to get attention. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I took a selfie once after getting off work at my essential job with the caption 'feeling cute' to be funny. I can't imagine being so thirsty to make it a regular thing to get attention. 

Yeah I took one with my first mask that I wear into work--it was a cute pattern but a terrible design--and that's been it for me. I didn't side eye the first Jeremy mask picture, but for him to keep doing it and with the same mask just to apparently have something to post seems so desperate and unhinged. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7

I can't imagine that she doesn't feel at least a little vague discomfort or confusion about that....What are we doing and why?

Why she has to earn money when her whole life it was th eman providing, and 'homemaking' and rasing kid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, judyjudyjudy said:

This picture confuses me.  So instead of spreading all the pieces out on the table, she keeps them in a box and has to shuffle through the the pieces in that small box to find a piece that fits?  Or wait...is the picture...gasp...staged?

She had an Instagram live the other night when she was finishing one puzzle and then instantly started another. She was sorting pieces by color into smaller boxes. She seemed really into her puzzles and had her system going on. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Jeremy wearing an 80s Members Only jacket?

And someone should start a conversation with Jing about Michelle O's book to see is she listened to any of it.

She has no chance of actually understanding or discussing anything in that book.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think she featured that book so people couldn't accuse her of being a right-wing bigot as has been the case when she lost all her other gigs. Look how inclusive she is! 

I think you're right, but it also underscores how much she's missing the point since she has lost gigs because of the belief that she, her husband, and her family are hostile to the LGBTQ community, not because of accusations of racism or just because they are conservative Republicans. Maybe she would have better off showing off that she was reading Elton John's Me

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think she featured that book so people couldn't accuse her of being a right-wing bigot as has been the case when she lost all her other gigs. Look how inclusive she is! 

I agree, but I also wonder what others who follow her (i.e., her family) would think of this.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I used the term bigot loosely. I wasn't referring to racism, but y'all aren't mind readers. I should have been more clear. 😃

Oh I know you didn't and I didn't interpret your meaning that way (I actually revised my comment accordingly). It's just I can totally see them thinking this proves people wrong about them, but it misses the point of the criticism that has caused them to lose gigs. And I don't think they are bright enough to realize that listening to Michelle Obama's bio doesn't negate that flaming dumpster fire of a petition that Jeremy signed and to my knowledge has never disavowed. 

I was also just being a snarky asshole. Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Zella said:

I think you're right, but it also underscores how much she's missing the point since she has lost gigs because of the belief that she, her husband, and her family are hostile to the LGBTQ community, not because of accusations of racism or just because they are conservative Republicans. Maybe she would have better off showing off that she was reading Elton John's Me

He signed MacArthur's petition, which was about lot more than just gay rights. MacArthur, in general, is anti-women, not just lesbians, bisexuals, etc. The basic point of the petition was that any group that feels marginalized for any reason should shut up and not mess up the good thing straight, cisgendered white men have going for them. 

5 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

I get he's talking about parenting, but still obnoxious to be bragging about "it being good" during a pandemic.  Jinger looks pregnant or that picture and pose are meant to get people speculating. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Ahem.

Jinger, how FUCKING DARE YOU exploit Goddess Michelle’s autobiography for your own mindless gain. If you bothered to read it and/or had the ability to have a single analytical thought, you might realize that your family’s and your headship’s misogynistic, hive-minded, sexist, greedy, uneducated, grifting, judgmental, non-inclusive, throwback bullshit beliefs couldn’t be more diametrically opposed to the class, graciousness, intelligence, generosity and kindness that is Ms. Obama. 

Jinger is now DEAD TO ME. 👿

Sing it, girl!

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

He signed MacArthur's petition, which was about lot more than just gay rights. MacArthur, in general, is anti-women, not just lesbians, bisexuals, etc. The basic point of the petition was that any group that feels marginalized for any reason should shut up and not mess up the good thing straight, cisgendered white men have going for them. 

I get he's talking about parenting, but still obnoxious to be bragging about "it being good" during a pandemic.  Jinger looks pregnant or that picture and pose are meant to get people speculating. 

Yeah I'm aware the petition involved more than that, but their attitude toward the LGBTQ community is frequently cited when companies they try to do work for are contacted by folks who are not happy. It's not that I was saying it was the only issue--I was just pointing to it as one of the most glaring.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger has recommended the Girl Defined and Allie Stuckie book, who are a bunch hateful bitches. Definitely chose that Michelle Obama book on purpose.

As for the photos, they are professionally taken. Jinger posted something a few days ago about their pastor's daughters dropping off some coffee, one of those daughters is a photographer they use often. You can tell by Jermy's greasy long hair they are recent. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

His arm is covering most of her body. How does she look pregnant?

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jinger has recommended the Girl Defined and Allie Stuckie book, who are a bunch hateful bitches. Definitely chose that Michelle Obama book on purpose.

As for the photos, they are professionally taken. Jinger posted something a few days ago about their pastor's daughters dropping off some coffee, one of those daughters is a photographer they use often. You can tell by Jermy's greasy long hair they are recent. 

New nickname for him, in addition to RFP

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

His arm is covering most of her body. How does she look pregnant?

Well for one thing, Jeremy and his arm are preventing us from seeing her body so it's possible the arm is trying to cover her. Also Jinger looks blissfully happy and yet she doesn't seem to be engaging with the rest of her family. She's not looking at Felicity or Jeremy. She seems to be looking down. As I said, this photo could just be trying to drive speculation. 

I just noticed a resemblance to Jana with her eyes looking down. 

• Love 3

I feel like of all the daughters and DILs that are mothers, Jinger (and maybe Lauren) are most likely going to embody the essence of a Karen, especially as their children become older.

(No offense to those posters who are or who know a Karen, but the name Karen has been used to describe an entitled suburban parent.)

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I feel like of all the daughters and DILs that are mothers, Jinger (and maybe Lauren) are most likely going to embody the essence of a Karen, especially as their children become older.

(No offense to those posters who are or who know a Karen, but the name Karen has been used to describe an entitled suburban parent.)

I can totally see Lauren as a Karen!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Oh god.... she's evolved from meaningless captions to meaningless anecdotes. She's turning into your typical mommy blog. 

Also, stfu neither of you work!

Woman at church? I bet it was Michelle lol. 

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

The years aren't short, Jinger. Felicity has been 1 for at least a decade now. Part of it just happens to be the time in history in which we live and part of that is that you post pictures of her all the time. By the time her birthday rolls around in three months it will feel a like a century since she was born. 

Wow, you are so right. It really does feel that way. 

• Love 9