Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, Lunera said:

🙄🙄🙄

He means Jinger has been making me coffee and food instead of us grifting as much food as we can daily. Also no more play dress up with pocket squares to just stroll around with free $5 coffee. 

• Love 16
48 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's what's killing me about all the Duggars' posts. There is no "new normal" for them. They don't work, their kids don't go to school and Daddy pays all their bills. Covid isn't affecting them one iota. 

Except Jill .

22 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

🙄🙄🙄

He means Jinger has been making me coffee and food instead of us grifting as much food as we can daily. Also no more play dress up with pocket squares to just stroll around with free $5 coffee. 

$10 coffee 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

That child is only one???

Does anyone else play The Royal Romance on the Choices app? FeliciTEE reminds me of the baby. That kid was born looking like a toddler and hasn't aged one bit during the entire story.

Logically I know Felicity isn't even 2 years old yet but she seems so much older than Giddy and Garrett. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Does anyone else play The Royal Romance on the Choices app? FeliciTEE reminds me of the baby. That kid was born looking like a toddler and hasn't aged one bit during the entire story.

Logically I know Felicity isn't even 2 years old yet but she seems so much older than Giddy and Garrett. 

I know that there was a whale rash of babies born close to the same time as my granddaughter, though I can never remember which of them are older or younger than she is. My instinct would also be to think that Felicity was one of the older ones.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Does anyone else play The Royal Romance on the Choices app? FeliciTEE reminds me of the baby.

Yes and yes,

Also, I could totally see the Vuolos as characters in their very own Choices story.  They are both so 2-dimensional anyway. 

• Love 2

Felicity has received much more enrichment from educated people.  That is, experiences from people that were not SOTDRT "educated", but from grandparents and extended family who do have formal education.  Her father has education and travel experiences.  I think she is being treated much differently than her cousins.  And she appears "more experienced and older" because of it.

• Useful 7
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Felicity has received much more enrichment from educated people.  That is, experiences from people that were not SOTDRT "educated", but from grandparents and extended family who do have formal education.  Her father has education and travel experiences.  I think she is being treated much differently than her cousins.  And she appears "more experienced and older" because of it.

Actually, my reaction has much less to do with how mature she might seem and much more along the lines of how many zillion photos they’ve posted of her (seriously, I have actual grand nieces and nephews I have seen far, far less of), but YMMV.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

I think Felicity also stands out because she is an only child right now and most of her photos are so curated. Whereas, with the exception of Giddy, the other babies have siblings, and Giddy's pics are mostly family happenings pics.

Felicity is like that golden child rich girl, squirrelled away in her bedroom/school room/music room, with the nanny checking in every so often.

Has Lissy ever jumped in a puddle, giggled gleefully or pitched a fit? I'm guessing she has, but from the photos they show, she skipped over childhood and should be picking out colleges praying for a husband now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

I still don't know how people can judge a little girl and her life solely based on pictures posted in a forum. Only looking at their Instagram stories would give people a totally different perspective on Felicity. To me she seems like a completely normal little girl. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Felicity has a very cultivated and calculated social media presence and image, thanks to her pretentious parents. Most shots seem meticulously planned, to the point of being forced and unnatural. She looks like her life is a blur of frilly dresses, bows and adult venues and company. Giddy’s presence on Instagram shows a more dishevelled, cheeky toddler, who is allowed to get dirty and have fun with lots of appropriate age play and exploration. He is able to have an candid photo taken in the moment of organic play, without it being staged and over-filtered to an influencer standard - and it shows. Felicity may have that life in private, but her parents seem way too image conscious and concerned with making money from staged, social media moments, to have the mundane be witnessed. 

Random snapshot Joy/Jinge Instagram comparison for fun 👇🏼38F05AC5-9E41-4292-B494-CE215C40082E.thumb.jpeg.74dddf4b16fc8cf8dfa7488318b1cee1.jpeg78C75B0F-92BE-410F-9CDC-B460E3D822B0.thumb.jpeg.7d0f1224486ac3d6d75b09bda4ee018a.jpeg

That's it, exactly. 

I do think it may partly be a sexist thing, too, with the Vuolos. In the Duggar/MacArthur rule book, females need to be pretty and passive and ornamental.  They need to be fulfilling their God-given role. They shouldn't look like they're ready to jump in the mud or, dog forbid, preach. 

I'd expect photos of a Vuolo son to be a bit more sedate than Joy/Austin's photos of Giddy, just because of the kind of image Jer/(Jinge?) tries to portray in general. Jer's cherished and carefully cultivated image is of a leader of pretentious conservative men, not of a manual worker who enjoys mud. But I expect they'd still be somewhat more active and spontaneous than the ones they post of Felicity. Their son, like all males, is destined to be a leader, after all. Unlike their daughter. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
27 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Lol...that was supposed to be "whole rash", but whale rash does have a certain flair. Maybe I should just take credit for it 

Take the credit. It’s brilliant!

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

It would probably go over better if they could actually convince us they do anything at home beyond posing for obviously fake pictures. 

And go over better when the stay at home parents don't outnumber the kid.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Felicity has a very cultivated and calculated social media presence and image, thanks to her pretentious parents. Most shots seem meticulously planned, to the point of being forced and unnatural. She looks like her life is a blur of frilly dresses, bows and adult venues and company. Giddy’s presence on Instagram shows a more dishevelled, cheeky toddler, who is allowed to get dirty and have fun with lots of appropriate age play and exploration. He is able to have an candid photo taken in the moment of organic play, without it being staged and over-filtered to an influencer standard - and it shows. Felicity may have that life in private, but her parents seem way too image conscious and concerned with making money from staged, social media moments, to have the mundane be witnessed. 

Random snapshot Joy/Jinge Instagram comparison for fun 👇🏼38F05AC5-9E41-4292-B494-CE215C40082E.thumb.jpeg.74dddf4b16fc8cf8dfa7488318b1cee1.jpeg78C75B0F-92BE-410F-9CDC-B460E3D822B0.thumb.jpeg.7d0f1224486ac3d6d75b09bda4ee018a.jpeg

In their insta stories you can see Felicity with a bed head, wearing a soccer jersey and not matching shorts, wearing a shirt with stains, splashing herself with water,... I don't post any photos of my son online (not even with friends or family on Facebook) and I hope someday every parent understands how harmful photos like all of the above can be. 

Anyway, I would prefer being raised by Jinger and Jeremy than Joy and Austin. At least Felicity has somewhat normal relatives, meets different kinds of people and will hopefully have a small number of siblings. 

• Love 13

I’m actually pretty hopeful that most of the grandkids (with the exceptions of Josh’s, Joe’s, and Joy’s) will be able to grow into being their “own” person outside of their family and religion. Felicity no doubt has the best chance to me because Jinger always struck me to have an innate desire to want “more” than what her life in Arkansas had to offer.  

Edited by VioletWitch
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

So stay at home moms aren't allowed to express that their days are busy and they sometimes forget to delight in their kids? 

Not if they are being completely disingenuous and pretending that their lives have changed so much since the virus hit. They didn’t work and already homeschooled before the lockdowns, how have their lives changed?  There is very little difference in their “busy” days. 

Just now, VioletWitch said:

I’m actually pretty hopeful that most of the grandkids (with the exceptions of Josh’s, Joe’s, and Joy’s) will be able to grow into being their “own” person outside of their family and religion. Felicity no doubt has the best chance to me because Jinger always struck me as have an innate need to want “more” than what her life in Arkansas had to offer.  

IMO, Jessa’s will also be Gothard bots.

• Love 19

@Tasya, I agree, I think Felicity has the biggest chance of going mainstream than any of the other grandchildren. Besides being raised in CA, her dad was not raised in a cult and lived a pretty worldly life until he realized he wasn't going to be a star soccer player, 

Israel and Sam will probably never get sucked into the cult, but my bet is they stay fundy. They're getting enough of the "world" that it's not a mystery, but the majority of their social life will probably involve church and church activities.

Edited by Nysha
Not being in the cult is different than not leaving the cult
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

@Tasya, I agree, I think Felicity has the biggest chance of going mainstream than any of the other grandchildren. Besides being raised in CA, her dad was not raised in a cult and lived a pretty worldly life until he realized he wasn't going to be a star soccer player, 

Israel and Sam will probably never get sucked into the cult, but my bet is they stay fundy. They're getting enough of the "world" that it's not a mystery, but the majority of their social life will probably involve church and church activities.

If they go to public school, they’ll have exposure to many different types of people and activities, hopefully.

• Love 8

I think Felicity, Israel, and Sam have the best chance. Actually, Israel and Sam might have a BETTER chance. Both of their parents have been burned by the Church of JB. Israel will go to public school and I can definitely see Derick and Jill letting him go to birthday parties and play organized sports. They could still be a conservative Christian but I don’t see them courting or having standards on dress. 

Ironically, Jill and Jinger might have the most in common at this point in their lives. I know a lot of people observed they didn’t appear close. 

• Love 15

As much fun as it is to make fun of Jeremy and Jinger's pretentious social media profile, it also is very much a millennial thing to want to "curate" your social media with nothing but exquisitely posed shots. Often with a "theme" (some IG accounts have every deep thought post done with a customized font and look). It's kind of narcissistic but it's super-in right now. Including the hiring of professional photographers.

I think Jeremy is the type where when it becomes "trendy" to do candid, no-filter shots, he'll spend all his time posing for "candid" shots. Because that's the way he rolls.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

As much fun as it is to make fun of Jeremy and Jinger's pretentious social media profile, it also is very much a millennial thing to want to "curate" your social media with nothing but exquisitely posed shots. Often with a "theme" (some IG accounts have every deep thought post done with a customized font and look). It's kind of narcissistic but it's super-in right now. Including the hiring of professional photographers.

I think Jeremy is the type where when it becomes "trendy" to do candid, no-filter shots, he'll spend all his time posing for "candid" shots. Because that's the way he rolls.

“Kind of” narcissistic? 🤣

• LOL 15
20 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I'm a Millennial and have my fair share of pretentious posing peers in my feeds for sure. But I feel like even by Millennial standards, Jeremy and Jinger are exhausting and overdoing it. 

• Love 20

I wonder how many of Jeremy's classmates are annoyed at his social media presence. Oh poor Jeremy, boo hoo. Staying at home. Can't jet off to some random location while we are supposed to be studying. Boo freaking hoo. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

IMO, Jessa’s will also be Gothard bots.

The Gothard cult really is dying off, though, albeit slowly.

I actually wonder whether there'll be any in this new generation that get heavily enough indoctrinated by that particular belief set to really swallow it.

It was still a big thing when JB and M were involved. And they pretty quickly became leaders of the big thing because they were churning out so many kids.....And then the sheer number of kids helped reinforce the conformity on one another....AND they all knew that their money and their prominence -- such as it is -- traced directly back to the cult....

And Gothard apparently was a somewhat compelling figure (to some people, at least) before the teen-girl-fondling caught up with him.....And he had a much larger group of, it would seem, more articulate and impressive-sounding people surrounding him and jawing everybody, too. ....

And there were many many more big Gothard events and the Gothard connection allowed Duggarlings to publish books and even attract some suitors from outside the cult.....Etc.....i.e., there was much more of a Gothard world for JB and M to force their kids to totally live in. 

I do think Jessa (especially) and Bin will likely isolate their kids to a fairly large degree and do the kinds of small-scale indoctrination they can do on their own and with Pops' and Lolli's help (to the degree that those two even register this next generation as existing beings...)  -- for a while, anyway......But that's a way way less powerful method of indoctrination than the Duggarlings got. Way less. 

So it's going to be much harder for them -- or any other Duggarlings -- to successfully corral their kids the way they have themselves been corralled, I think. Even in cults that are still persisting in a much more concentrated form than the Gothard cult has now, it's apparently a lot tougher to keep a third generation fully in the fold. I expect to see a whole lot of slippage from Gothardism, specifically, with these young ones, really. (Some may take up with even worse things, of course.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm a Millennial and have my fair share of pretentious posing peers in my feeds for sure. But I feel like even by Millennial standards, Jeremy and Jinger are exhausting and overdoing it. 

I think they are too but I chalk this up to Jer really wanting to have "big time influencer" and "famous person" as not just a social persona and hobby but paying job.......I maintain that Jer's always cherished the ambition of prospering financially and in every other way because he's famous for...something.....He certainly talked that way during his soccer days.....

I mean, there's no question that, in an age when we're urged to plaster our own images everywhere, many people really fall into it and feel they have to curate themselves like mad....

But I'm sure the impetus to do that is even stronger when you actually envision having it be the basis of your livelihood as well.....Then it's not just your image in society, it's your mortgage, your opportunities to eat out, yours and your children's social status in every possible way, your pocket squares....

I mean, most people who are just curating their images -- even most of those who curate their images heavily -- aren't hiring PR people and photographers or repeatedly trying to parlay their images into a bunch of commercial contracts or writing online bios describing themselves as "breakout stars." 

There's a whole extra level of pressure in Jer's (and thus Jingle's) efforts, seems to me. 

• Love 12

I think you are all correct. And Felicity and her cousins will have different different experiences that could impact their Fundiness.

Environment and parenting will influence how Fundy this third generation is. But what a parent wants is not always what a parent gets. I actually think Felicity and the Seewald children may have it harder because of their parents efforts to maintain a particular image. Jessa's kids will probably be more isolated than Felicity in that their only friends will be their cousins, but Felicity's circle may be only a select few. There's plenty of famous (and non famous) folks in CA that are involved with extreme religions.

But Jeremy, Derick, Austin and Ben, as well as the Duggar daughters, are all Fundy and their behaviors thus far indicate they want their children raised the same way.

I think it's the goal of all of the Duggar 19 to raise the next Fundy generation.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think they are too but I chalk this up to Jer really wanting to have "big time influencer" and "famous person" as not just a social persona and hobby but paying job.......I maintain that Jer's always cherished the ambition of prospering financially and in every other way because he's famous for...something.....He certainly talked that way during his soccer days.....

I mean, there's no question that, in an age when we're urged to plaster our own images everywhere, many people really fall into it and feel they have to curate themselves like mad....

But I'm sure the impetus to do that is even stronger when you actually envision having it be the basis of your livelihood as well.....Then it's not just your image in society, it's your mortgage, your opportunities to eat out, yours and your children's social status in every possible way, your pocket squares....

I mean, most people who are just curating their images -- even most of those who curate their images heavily -- aren't hiring PR people and photographers or repeatedly trying to parlay their images into a bunch of commercial contracts or writing online bios describing themselves as "breakout stars." 

There's a whole extra level of pressure in Jer's (and thus Jingle's) efforts, seems to me. 

Yes, I have a Twitter account that I mainly use for promoting my freelance business, and I certainly don't use it as a truly personal account. I don't swear on it like I do on the rest of the internet (or in person), and I steer away from controversial topics to largely post within the realm of the business I am promoting. (And I often think before I post, "Does this fit with the professional-ish image I am trying to present?") So, I can certainly understand having a strategy and being intentional about it. But they are just so insufferably inept and persistent. It's like the worst of both worlds. LOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I guess one of the things I really notice--both because I have done marketing work and because I actively have to think of it for my own business--is when people clearly have a persona but it is very natural, and they know how to do disciplined messaging and they are just sort of effortless with their branding. I've seen quite a few YouTubers who have their own niche persona that I am sure doesn't encapsulate all of their personality, but they know their brand and they know their audience, and they never seem curated, though I am sure they are. (I'm thinking specifically of Legal Eagle. Dude is always sharp-looking as fuck, manages to be entertaining but professional, and knows how to plug sponsors without being annoying and they all weirdly fit him and his brand.)

But Jinger and Jeremy are incapable of that, so not all is their messaging all over the place (are they foodies? are they fashionistas? who knows because they sure as fuck don't either), but it just reeks of artificiality. It's like watching a kid play dress-up. But without any of the charm, and they never really seem to have fun at it--at least Jinger never looks into it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I guess one of the things I really notice--both because I have done marketing work and because I actively have to think of it for my own business--is when people clearly have a persona but it is very natural, and they know how to do disciplined messaging and they are just sort of effortless with their branding. I've seen quite a few YouTubers who have their own niche persona that I am sure doesn't encapsulate all of their personality, but they know their brand and they know their audience, and they never seem curated, though I am sure they are. (I'm thinking specifically of Legal Eagle. Dude is always sharp-looking as fuck, manages to be entertaining but professional, and knows how to plug sponsors without being annoying and they all weirdly fit him and his brand.)

But Jinger and Jeremy are incapable of that, so not all is their messaging all over the place (are they foodies? are they fashionistas? who knows because they sure as fuck don't either), but it just reeks of artificiality. It's like watching a kid play dress-up. But without any of the charm, and they never really seem to have fun at it--at least Jinger never looks into it. 

The only consistency attempt they make is high end products. That says enough right there.

• Love 9
Just now, GeeGolly said:

The only consistency attempt they make is high end products. That says enough right there.

Yes, they clearly have champagne taste. Or want us to think so. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Zella said:

Totally agree. Evidence is that neither knows the first thing about doing this right.

I honestly think Jer's just too dumb and tin-eared to find out -- and maybe just too lazy. I haven't got the impression that he's been a particular striver in any of his jobs so far, so why would he be in this one? He seems to think he's just a natural star who shouldn't need to strive.....

And the whole thing is primarily his project, not Jingle's, so that has to sap her motivation, at least a bit.

Plus, her own lifelong isolation and ignorance-lockdown means she doesn't really know much at all about the kind of people they're trying to attract with their online personas. And, you know, when it comes to marketing, if you don't know your audience....you're screwed, basically. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think you are all correct. And Felicity and her cousins will have different different experiences that could impact their Fundiness.

Environment and parenting will influence how Fundy this third generation is. But what a parent wants is not always what a parent gets. I actually think Felicity and the Seewald children may have it harder because of their parents efforts to maintain a particular image. Jessa's kids will probably be more isolated than Felicity in that their only friends will be their cousins, but Felicity's circle may be only a select few. There's plenty of famous (and non famous) folks in CA that are involved with extreme religions.

But Jeremy, Derick, Austin and Ben, as well as the Duggar daughters, are all Fundy and their behaviors thus far indicate they want their children raised the same way.

I think it's the goal of all of the Duggar 19 to raise the next Fundy generation.

There are different degrees of fundie. I feel like Jill/Derick and Jer/Jinger are already doing "fundie lite." Of the younger generation I feel like Jessa, Joy, and Josh/Anna are all-in on maintaining the more pure fundie-ism. IDK about Joe/Kendra, JD/Abbie, or Josiah/Lauren. They're actually all to me little kids who don;t know what they want yet. 

Jeremy's not young anymore. I feel like his lifestyle and preferences are really set and he doesn't have the kind of zeal and willpower to really do the hardcore fundie life. Certainly he'd never want to be at a Sunday service where the wives don't look like Betty Draper.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Certainly he'd never want to be at a Sunday service where the wives don't look like Betty Draper.

LOL There truly is something Don Draper-esque about him. But without Jon Hamm's charisma or handsomeness. Or Don's competence at his job. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

If JoKen are attending the Caldwell's church, and evidence seems to bear this out, then they're staying uber fundie. They're also living on the compound, yet another tie binding them to that lifestyle.

1 minute ago, Zella said:

LOL There truly is something Don Draper-esque about him. But without Jon Hamm's charisma or handsomeness. Or Don's competence at his job. 

It's the suits. 😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 1