Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

See? A color. She looks much better.

Although the “come hither” facial expression is a bit...incongruous...with the whole meek Christian helpmeet schtick.

Or the pastor's wife image.  A very confusing and conflicting story on sm.

• Love 5
On 4/26/2020 at 1:10 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

Bitch please, try having a job and a kid that hasn't been to school since St patrick's day and then we talk about the 'new normals'. You not being able to go to your pretentious eateries doesn't fucking count.

haha i agree. I am a SAHM to my toddler who is 2 in july. and while the lockdown has definitely affected us, ( I am out of work with my very part time job, she has no classes, no children's museums, no playdates) its not THAT abnormal to our daily life.  

My sister has had to WFM with 3!!!! kids under 4, and they are all very used to going to daycare ( which has been closed). now THAT is a new normal. 

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Where are her roots? Hair salons have been closed for 6+ weeks in California.

I think the picture is from late winter/early spring right after she had her hair cut and re-colored.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Has she always been that busty?

It’s probably just the jacket...suede doesn’t conform to the body very readily and she’s wearing it unbuttoned. 

I suspect her chesticular enhancement is now third on the priority list behind RFP’s hair plugs and his tooth veneers. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Screenshot_20200506-113535_Instagram.thumb.jpg.712a81359ebe6bf92141a291a6cfa3ed.jpg

Jinger showing off her fancy espresso machine and JerMe trying to prove that he's not an asshole to his wife.

What's the point of these old pictures? They're so random. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20200506-113535_Instagram.thumb.jpg.712a81359ebe6bf92141a291a6cfa3ed.jpg

Jinger showing off her fancy espresso machine and JerMe trying to prove that he's not an asshole to his wife.

What's the point of these old pictures? They're so random. 

Kind of looks like image building to me.... -- We are a cool, upscale loving couple (in southern California!) who are conscientious about our (probably conservative) Christianity. 

As somebody who's been (highly) critical of most of their image building and some of the off-the-mark images I think they've tried to build, I have to say that, while this isn't exciting, at least it seems to me to be more like the image they need to stick to......

It combines a fact about the only audience they have a long-term shot with (evangelical marrieds) and some aspirations they and a possible audience for them share -- upscale and trendy/faddish enough to want to show off their coffee machines and raw (SoCal!) honey....

In short, I think this post is, as usual, about being influencers. ....Because that's why they post. Gotta get a salable image out there! 

Of course, it doesn't have any umph to it -- comes straight out of the satire "Christian girl" -- but it does aim at the right audience, seems to me. And they have much less than zero shot as long as they try to be somebody they're not or when they seem to aim at completely different audiences on successive days....This is who they are and who they can best appeal to, I'd imagine....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I was looking through their website and it looks like they've signed with United Talent Agency under the name Vuolo Family Team.

Well, this should be interesting. That's a huge agency. And last year, as part of a shark-like multi-year expansion,  they bought a smaller agency that seems to have been all influencers all the time -- to add to the influencers they already had....

https://www.unitedtalent.com/news/uta-acquires-digital-brand-architects/

"Leading global talent and entertainment company United Talent Agency (UTA) today announced its acquisition of Digital Brand Architects (DBA), the leading independent company representing many of the world’s most impactful and engaging digital influencers. The acquisition further strengthens and expands UTA’s market-leading efforts in the Digital Media sector and in the fast-growing Digital Talent marketplace.

"Founded in 2010 and with more than 50 employees, DBA represents over 140 of the most prominent influencers, and works with hundreds of leading fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands. DBA clients collectively reach over 200 million followers, spanning the travel, family, fashion, food, home and beauty sectors, with a client roster that includes Gabi Gregg (Gabi Fresh), Aimee Song (Song of Style), Camila Coelho, Rach Parcell (Pink Peonies), Amber Lewis (Amber Interiors), Gina Homolka (Skinnytaste), Gaby Dalkin (What’s Gaby Cooking), Naomi Davis (Love Taza), Genevieve Padalecki (Now & Gen), Julia Engel (Gal Meets Glam), Emily Schuman (Cupcakes and Cashmere) and more.

"DBA will continue to operate as a separate, independent company. It will maintain its distinct brand identity and existing business operations, including its offices in New York and Los Angeles, under the leadership of DBA founder and CEO Raina Penchansky, and the company’s management team including Partner and EVP of Brand Partnerships Reesa Lake, and Partner and EVP of Talent Management, Vanessa Flaherty.

"UTA has also acquired DBA’s interest in Digital Brand Products (DBP), which builds and brokers new fashion, beauty and other licensed products around DBA’s clients, and Dear Media, DBA’s premium audio studio and distribution entity. DBP has helped their clients bring their brands to life through product with dozens of brands at retail, including Something Navy at Nordstrom and Gal Meets Glam. Dear Media has launched 20 new influencer-driven podcasts since its launch in mid-2018, with an additional 15 in development."

• Useful 16
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Wow, UTA?! And as a “family team”? 🙃

I'm guessing that means Felicity will be heavily involved. 😁

5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Lol! What “talent” do they have?

Hold onto your hats. We're about to find out. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

And if Felicity is involved, make sure your daughter doesn't get the raw deal you and your sibs got, Jingle. She needs to have her fair compensation and share of the take set aside and protected for her use alone....

Unfortunately, California lawmakers have not fully extended their otherwise strong laws on paying children to the digital and social-media sphere. So it's up to you and Jer to do the right thing for your kid. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-child-social-media-stars-need-a-coogan-law-protect-parents-1230968

'In 2018, California lawmakers took a first stab at this issue with a bill that attempted to add "social media advertising" to the definition of employment in child labor law. Under this "kidfluencer" bill, minors working in the digital sphere would have to obtain a work permit and follow measures similar to those required by the Coogan Law. The effort was spearheaded by Anne Henry, co-founder of BizParentz, a nonprofit that advocates for children in entertainment. Kidfluencing caught her attention after Arizona mom Katie Stauffer told a local news outlet that she was able to quit her day job and pursue social media full-time after her twin daughters (4-year-old influencers Mila and Emma) blew up on Instagram. Stauffer responded to criticism with a line oft used by parents of young digital talent: If my kids are having fun, what's the big deal? But Henry doesn't see it that way. "If you're lending your image and you're doing something to sell a product, it's work," she counters. "If it's work, then your money should be protected."

'The version of Assemblyman Kansen Chu's bill that was signed into law and went into effect in January was diluted significantly from what the Bay Area representative originally proposed. It exempts young digital creators from obtaining work permits if their performance is unpaid and shorter than an hour. "We lost the battle in hopes of someday winning the war by trying to define that digital exhibition counts," says Henry. Critics of the kidfluencer bill argued that enforcing work permits would be difficult, if not impossible. Unlike traditional media, which is subject to strict schedules and studio oversight, digital content can be filmed whenever and wherever a creator wants. This was particularly problematic for the Studio Teachers Union, as California law requires the services of an on-set educator. "No one thought it was realistic to send a studio teacher into a private home where kids are doing YouTube videos in their basement," explains Henry. But scrapping the work permit provision effectively prevented the bill from enforcing Coogan Law protections, because in Hollywood they're a package deal: If a parent doesn't provide the studio with a Coogan account number, his or her child's work permit is voided. And if work permits aren't mandatory for kidfluencers, their parents have no legal obligation to open a Coogan account.

'Henry insists that while most parents likely don't intend to steal from their kids, they may be unprepared for a kidfluencer's fame and unequipped to handle it. But in the absence of clearly defined rules or regulations, the responsibility of protecting young influencers often falls to their reps. Manager Byron Austen Ashley of Settebello Entertainment requires parents he works with to save their kids' earnings. "I made a policy at my company that we only work with children if they're entirely protected by Coogan accounts," he says, noting that a child's income is spent only to cover necessary expenses like transportation and legal fees.'

• Useful 11
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm guessing that means Felicity will be heavily involved. 😁

Hold onto your hats. We're about to find out. 

Oh FFS... They. Have. NO. Talent. Sheesh.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

10 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Their talent is tied to Michelle birthing 100 kids. That’s all. Jeremy married her for her name and fame and Instagram followers.

Talent on loan from God.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I have to believe this virus and its effect on discretionary consumer spending is going to kick the whole influencer gig right in the teeth, even among actual, successful, established influencers. Which these two aren’t, not even close.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they are tossed to the curb, especially as marginal “products” generally are weeded out pretty quickly post-mergers.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I have to believe this virus and its effect on discretionary consumer spending is going to kick the whole influencer gig right in the teeth, even among actual, successful, established influencers. Which these two aren’t, not even close.

I really really hope so. Influencing is such a bullshit gig. 

• Love 17

I think influencing is here to stay to a certain degree. I see it as a combination of an Avon lady, TV commercial and print ad. Now with the internet, streaming services like Netflix as well as DVRs, there are less commercials being seen on TV and less folks buying magazines and newpapers.

The next generation coming up has had the internet and SM in their lives from birth. Kids are watching YouTube as much, if not more, than Saturday morning cartoons. The internet is how many folks get news and information. 

Many folks are fooled by influencers because they think they're getting a deal and some don't even realize they're seeing a commercial. It's a good deal for businesses because there's little overhead or investment, and they just move on if an influencer is unsuccessful.

The influencing look may change over time, but I think it's here to stay.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think yesterday's pic was damage control after Jeremy got raked over the coals for correcting Jinger in the Would You Rather videos. 

what did he do...I never saw that video.

1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

My child's favorite YouTuber makes a few million a year, so I'm gonna go with maybe.. 

That Ryan kid has his own show on Nickelodean and made $25M last yer

It boggles my mind.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think influencing is here to stay to a certain degree. I see it as a combination of an Avon lady, TV commercial and print ad. Now with the internet, streaming services like Netflix as well as DVRs, there are less commercials being seen on TV and less folks buying magazines and newpapers.

The next generation coming up has had the internet and SM in their lives from birth. Kids are watching YouTube as much, if not more, than Saturday morning cartoons. The internet is how many folks get news and information. 

Many folks are fooled by influencers because they think they're getting a deal and some don't even realize they're seeing a commercial. It's a good deal for businesses because there's little overhead or investment, and they just move on if an influencer is unsuccessful.

The influencing look may change over time, but I think it's here to stay.

I agree. Brands need to reach certain demographics, and they have to use other avenues to get them.  Young people do not consume media like their parents and grandparents.  That is not changing.  Influencers have a ready-made audience, so the good ones will continue to get sponsorships.  I know I have said this on these boards before, but the really good influencers and you-tubers do a lot more work than just posting a picture or a video.  They are really playing a character and have planned everything out.  Posts are conceived, done, and scheduled sometimes weeks in advance.  They have clearly thought out the message they want to send their followers while still being "authentic."  They are not taking random pictures, slapping a caption on them, and hitting send.  Which is what most of the Duggars and Duggar-adjacents do. 

I don't see Jeremy or Jinger succeeding in the influencer game because their presentation online is muddled.  And, the Internet is forever.  Jeremy let the cat out of the bag with his hateful beliefs, and people remember.  

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree. Brands need to reach certain demographics, and they have to use other avenues to get them.  Young people do not consume media like their parents and grandparents.  That is not changing.  Influencers have a ready-made audience, so the good ones will continue to get sponsorships.  I know I have said this on these boards before, but the really good influencers and you-tubers do a lot more work than just posting a picture or a video.  They are really playing a character and have planned everything out.  Posts are conceived, done, and scheduled sometimes weeks in advance.  They have clearly thought out the message they want to send their followers while still being "authentic."  They are not taking random pictures, slapping a caption on them, and hitting send.  Which is what most of the Duggars and Duggar-adjacents do. 

I don't see Jeremy or Jinger succeeding in the influencer game because their presentation online is muddled.  And, the Internet is forever.  Jeremy let the cat out of the bag with his hateful beliefs, and people remember.  

Their beliefs certainly make it harder for them. Affluent Christians drink (ridiculous) high end coffee too, but the haters will try to squash any mainstream gig the Vuolos get. They would really almost have to vet the product seller to try and find ones who won't back down from the haters. I'm sure there are plenty out there. 

• Love 3

The only talent Jinger has is playing piano, but otherwise that is it. And I wouldn't say she stands out compared to professional concert pianists out there...she's just a better piano player than I am.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Their beliefs certainly make it harder for them. Affluent Christians drink (ridiculous) high end coffee too, but the haters will try to squash any mainstream gig the Vuolos get. They would really almost have to vet the product seller to try and find ones who won't back down from the haters. I'm sure there are plenty out there. 

I do think they would have a better time being influencers and monetizing that if they would just embrace their beliefs instead of trying to act like Jeremy did not sign that pledge.  Jeremy is an acolyte of MacArthur and he should own that 24/7 instead of when it is convenient for him.  I do think Jeremy wants to keep his (and by extension Jinger's) message vague so they can pretend the past doesn't exist when they move on to another master.  One thing about Jeremy, he is a follower and not a leader.  I think he knows this about himself.  But this creates a muddled message which is harder to monetize.  

• Love 14
(edited)

I'm developing a grudging respect for youtube stars through all this. I'm filming video lessons and it is way harder than it looks just to be concise and avoid vocal ticks (on video I say okay? or k? or some sort of K-esque chirp a lot. I've never heard myself doing this in real life). 

This doesn't mean that I think JereMe can or should pursue influencing as his holy grail, but I will say that "social media personality" is more work than it looks (another reason why it's not a good choice for not-so-motivated Jer).

Edited by satrunrose
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, if they really are with UTA for their "influencer career" (limp as that career is up to this point..), it seems likely that an agency with that size and sophistication in the influencer/digital sector will actually do this kind of vetting.....They wouldn't want the bombing-out-with-client-after-client thing to continue, after all. 

And I want to see that Christian-wife-with-trendy-coffee-stuff post as a sign of the agency's influence already, since -- blah as the post is  -- it is aimed at the specific audience that's most appropriate for them. To succeed with any audience, they're still going to have to try a lot harder. "I like to start my day with Bible reading. What do you do?" isn't going to cut it over the long haul. .....

But good work by an agency will certainly put them in a much stronger position than they have been, when it's looked like whoever was handling their jobs (publicist? agent? manager? all of the above in one person?) wasn't doing any vetting at all...

That said, though, I'm still kind of confused about exactly what they've hired UTA for....

.On the website, they list them as their contact for media inquiries. But they still list that "gift shoppe" guy as their contact for  business inquiries......Previously, I thought the "gift shoppe" must be their publicist and/or agent and/or manager for influencer stuff -- since what the heck other kind of business are they likely to do? What other kind of "business inquiries" are they getting?

They hardly seem to have a vibrant enough career to need two handlers. But I suppose Jer is convinced he merits that....Or maybe they're in the middle of a multi-month contract with Mr. Gift Shoppe....

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what happens now...........Certainly doesn't look to me like the setup of a seminary student who's planning to settle into a traditional church-related job any time soon.

A "celebrity" church job, though, maybe.......(Although Jer's toneless speaking voice, poor and uninspiring sermon writing, lame-to-nonexistent sense of humor, pomposity, downer messaging, old-mannishness and overall lack of charisma seem likely to work against him there, if you ask me!)

Found this (oldish-- 2015) article on "celebrity pastors" and "celebrity churches" and talent agencies -- 

Global megachurch Hillsong's signing marks the first known instance of a major agency working on behalf of a church itself.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/wme-signs-justin-biebers-church-772175

"WME [formerly the William Morris Agency] is getting some religion. In a first for Hollywood, the agency has signed global megachurch Hillsong to its client roster. Although WME already is home to celebrity pastors T.D. Jakes and Joel Osteen as well as Mark Burnett and Roma Downey's faith-focused LightWorkers Media shingle, Hillsong marks the first known instance of a major agency working on behalf of a church itself. But the massive, media-savvy Hillsong is an ideal brand for capturing the faith-based market."

"...WME will help the church, which has more than 10 million social media followers and 9 million annual visitors to its website, expand its TV viewership of more than 10 million globally (in the U.S., services can be viewed on multiple cable channels). The agency also will work to find film and digital opportunities. Warner Bros. had been set to release Let Hope Rise, a documentary about its worship band, in April, but distribution talks fell through in January."

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
48 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

This is all very interesting. I wonder how this will affect how they are paid or not paid for appearing with the Duggars for anything ??

I think most of us think it is pretty likely that Jeremy and Jinger have a separate contract with TLC that is not part of the agreement that JB controls.  It probably depends on what services are specifically outlined in their contract with UTC.  I would imagine that having an experienced talent manager handling their relationship with TLC could result in a more advantageous deal for them.  Of course, their manager would take a cut of the proceeds, but it could be that Jer and Jin are hoping for their own show or some other side deal with the network and having professional management could make for a much smoother negotiation.

• Love 1

I really don't think they have a separate contract with TLC. I think Jeremy's LLC that is registered to Jim Bob's address indicates he's just as much under Big Daddy Jim Bob's thumb as these other idiots and is just dependent on his f-i-l for any money from the show. This could be one reason why he is so persistent with the influencing--he sees it was a way to control his own income more. But he's too inept at it for it to stick.

I've thought this for a long time, but I think it really galls Jeremy that any relevance he has is tied to his wife, and the only relevance she has is tied to her freak show of a family.  

I take anything Derick says with a grain of salt, but it is pretty telling to me that when he rants about TLC and Jim Bob, he doesn't include the caveat that everybody but Jinger and Jeremy have no contract. I think all the kids are in the same boat. I don't think TLC wants the complications of dealing with multiple entities, and that is very convenient for a control freak like JB. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've thought this for a long time, but I think it really galls Jeremy that any relevance he has is tied to his wife, and the only relevance she has is tied to her freak show of a family.  

but that is the crazy train Jeremy attached himself to for whatever reason.

• Love 7
Just now, crazy8s said:

but that is the crazy train Jeremy attached himself to for whatever reason.

Exactly! He's an idiot. I really think he saw it as some way to catapult his glorious self to fame, without realizing that he was never going to be famous for himself because he's not very interesting on his own. 

• Love 11
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Zella said:

Exactly! He's an idiot. I really think he saw it as some way to catapult his glorious self to fame, without realizing that he was never going to be famous for himself because he's not very interesting on his own. 

I expect this is where the "thinking" goes wrong......Something tells me he's absolutely certain that he's extremely interesting on his own....and that all he needs is just the right break so TPTB (in whatever sphere....) finally get a chance to truly see and appreciate his wonderful self.....And, voila, he'll be catapulted into the upper echelon. 

I wonder how many failed go-rounds at this it'll take before he realizes that he's kind of average and needs to just go out and look for a job instead of a spotlight, like most people. 

I mean, even this ability to attract UTA's attention related to a number.....And the number is Jingle's -- 1.3 million followers. Jer's number isn't bad....600,000-plus.....BUT it's the "million" that gets people's attention. And I'm sure the agents realize that most of his 600,000 are also in Jinge's 1.3 mill! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I expect this is where the "thinking" goes wrong......Something tells me he's absolutely certain that he's extremely interesting on his own....and that all he needs is just the right break so TPTB (in whatever sphere....) finally get a chance to truly see and appreciate his wonderful self.....And, voila, he'll be catapulted into the upper echelon. 

I wonder how many failed go-rounds at this it'll take before he realizes that he's kind of average and needs to just go out and look for a job instead of a spotlight, like most people. 

I mean, even this ability to attract UTA's attention related to a number.....And the number is Jingle's -- 1.3 million followers. Jer's number isn't bad....600,000-plus.....BUT it's the "million" that gets people's attention. And I'm sure the agents realize that most of his 600,000 are also in Jinge's 1.3 mill! 

I'm not convinced Jeremy will ever be able to have that revolution. I really don't think it is in him to realize he's not all that. 

I think even if Jesus himself told Jeremy this, Jeremy would ask for a second opinion. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm not convinced Jeremy will ever be able to have that revolution. I really don't think it is in him to realize he's not all that. 

I think even if Jesus himself told Jeremy this, Jeremy would ask for a second opinion. 

Your JereME snark is on point today. 🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I think Jeremy and Jinger are trying to follow in Jimbob and Michelle’s footsteps, financially speaking. They’re with UTA as a family — that makes me think of Jim Bob’s family trust. 

The point of UTA signing a client is to negotiate contracts for that client, and the largest contract by far that Jeremy and Jinger deal with is for Counting On. If TLC is technically negotiating with “the Duggar Family Trust” for that contract, then UTA would likely negotiate on behalf of Jeremy and Jinger vis a vis negotiating on behalf of the Duggar Family Trust. No skin off UTA’s nose — that way they get a bigger commission and they aren’t associated with the radioactive parts of the Duggar family.

I don’t think that Jeremy and Jinger act independently, for the most part and certainly where business is concerned. Jinger doesn’t even come up with her own “hobbies,” and Jeremy’s hobbies are wearing clothes and eating food. In general, with this family I assume they’re acting as pawns/puppets for Jim Bob unless proven otherwise, and getting a UTA agent to negotiate with TLC and provide branding opportunities is something that would benefit him as well (maybe even more than Jeremy and Jinger themselves, if the rumors about the family’s financial arrangements are to be believed).

• Love 2

Well, if they really are with UTA for their "influencer career" (limp as that career is up to this point..), it seems likely that an agency with that size and sophistication in the influencer/digital sector will actually do this kind of vetting.....

I'm sure reddit will let them know.

• LOL 5