Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

The point is for people to hear about the organization and find out more information about it. It's a slightly religious charity that gives music lessons to kids who otherwise lack access to music lesson.  The song is simple so people, who are beginners, can participate. More people increases visability. 

Yeah, I know that's what it's for! What I'm saying is -- There's approximately zero chance that this piece of stupidity will work in the way it's intended.

Many people don't even know that song well any more. And most "beginners" won't know how to play it. Nobody gives them the melody written down....or plays through the actual melody simply so, if they do play by ear, they can pick it up. Nobody says, "Hey, let's send it around the world played on lots of different instruments! -- Pick up your harmonica or your trumpet and bust it out! Or sing it!" ..... Nothing. 

It's just Jingle showing off, making no effort to actually bring anybody else into the thing.....With that Erin-Paine-like rendition with her throwing her damn hands around on those octaves in a way that she apparently thinks makes her some kind of virtuoso but really just makes her sound and look like a particularly unmusical showoff. (and makes the song ugly as heck into the bargain...) 

And how are they going to "learn about" the charity from these videos? Jinge gives them ZERO information about it.  Here's what anybody learns about the organization from Jingle's stupid post:  "The joining in on @swan4kids_pa to play 'He's got the whole world in His hands.'"  And she says nothing about it. 

Boy, that tells me a lot about the charity and really inspires me to learn about  and get involved with it by playing this song! Not. 

The only piece of information about the charity is one of the hashtags     #music4kids.

And that, again, tells nobody nothing. Except with Felic sitting there, you might think it's some kind of organization that teaches babies to play instruments. 

What I'm saying is -- This is supposedly a piece of publicity. And, as constructed, seems to me it's an absolutely worthless piece of publicity. It's not informative about the charity in any way shape or form. It doesn't point you to anything where you can actually find out about this charity. It doesn't in any way inspire you to be interested in the charity....If you don't know about the group already, you would definitely wonder why the heck it even would count as a charity -- and you're given no way to find the answer to that....And I don't see how it even inspires you to record yourself playing that song....

Even Diana's post doesn't do a damn thing that would tell anybody about the charity .... or inspire them or interest them in any way......And since doing those things is apparently the whole point of this "challenge," I'd say it's a fat flop. 

I suppose Diana's really only going after Duggar fans.....But I don't even see to what end she's doing that....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Cade didn't take them up on the challenge. 

I expect he looked at it and thought two things: First was the same thing I thought: "WTF?" He may not know anythng about her charity-- likely doesn't....and he certainly got no enlightenment from these posts. 

And then he probably thought, "Uh, I don't know this woman.....so I guess she's interested in riding on the coattails of my minimal fame."....But, um, she doesn't seem to be interested enough in her own  charity to even say anything about it in the post.....so how's he supposed to be inspired to participate? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5

Theory on how this lame publicity stunt came about: Jer read a bunch of online comments awarding Jingle's new (Jer-composed) tagline -- gifted musician who uses her talents on behalf of Diana V's charity -- two or more Pinocchios. 

He called his mom and said, "Mom! We need to show Jingle using her musical gifts to help you with your charity -- stat! .... People aren't believing it and it's crucial that they do because we are Breakout Stars!...."

Diana thought for about 30 seconds and came up with this "challenge" idea .....Then Jer saiid, "Hey, if you're going to tag Jingle, why not do more and tag my beloved famous American Idol contestant Cade Foehner, too? He'll definitely help out because he's my beloved  bff." 

So that's what Diana did. She wasn't even thinking about her organization when she whipped out her post. She was just quickly burnishing Jingle's tarnished reputation at the behest of her baby boy. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
34 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Theory on how this lame publicity stunt came about: Jer read a bunch of online comments awarding Jingle's new (Jer-composed) tagline -- gifted musician who uses her talents on behalf of Diana V's charity -- two or more Pinocchios. 

He called his mom and said, "Mom! We need to show Jingle using her musical gifts to help you with your charity -- stat! .... People aren't believing it and it's crucial that they do because we are Breakout Stars!...."

Diana thought for about 30 seconds and came up with this "challenge" idea .....Then Jer saiid, "Hey, if you're going to tag Jingle, why not do more and tag my beloved famous American Idol contestant Cade Foehner, too? He'll definitely help out because he's my beloved  bff." 

So that's what Diana did. She wasn't even thinking about her organization when she whipped out her post. She was just quickly burnishing Jingle's tarnished reputation at the behest of her baby boy. 

Choosing .. God Bless America.. where we can all channel our inner Kate Smith would have been far more fun!  Especially considering Kate Smith's connection with the Philladelphia Flyers.

• Love 3

Is there no link in all the posts to show what the charity is? These people are dumber than dirt and no I can't be bothered to go look since Instagram and Facebook give me a horrible headache.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Diana and Jinger tagged @swan_4kids (or whatever) but didn't go any further than that. Some of the others may have tagged Swan as well, but I can't recall who did and who didn't offhand.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Is there no link in all the posts to show what the charity is? These people are dumber than dirt and no I can't be bothered to go look since Instagram and Facebook give me a horrible headache.

There is a link to the group's instagram.....But it's not highlighted.....And I don't think you're going to click it unless you know something that would make you curious. It's cryptic and connected to nothing enticing that I can see. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

There is a link to the group's instagram.....But it's not highlighted.....And I don't think you're going to click it unless you know something that would make you curious. It's cryptic and connected to nothing enticing that I can see. 

Maybe Diana saw Lillies of the Field and has a lifelong thing for Sidney Poitier?  This attempt at going viral is so silly it makes me giggle.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

While the challenge was certainly lacking it's only half as dumb as many of the silly stupid challenges posted on SM. Most are just to stave off boredom, with a select few trolling for personal info.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Madam Secretary? A show about a woman in a high place of power? Please.

See. This is why I keep thinking that she has some secret dream of learning what it's like to have an actual, you know, job. .... a career, even!......Somewhere down inside of Jingle I swear there's a modern woman who believes she's just as capable of living in the outside world as a man is ... silently signaling to get out....

... Unfortunately, I expect the signal will remain silent and the breakout won't ever happen....But I don't think that, if she'd gotten her deepest wish, she''d've been a Christian wifey in a city. She'd have been Jingle in a city. 

I expect her deepest fears and her husband and parents will always stand in the way of her ever even realizing that she has that secret wish. But she'll probably keep watching tv shows about strong women and wondering why they make her feel antsy....

That's my delusion and I'm sticking to it! The "Madame Secretary" answer probably came about because she hit the wrong key or something. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’m not convinced she’s ever even seen the show.

I've never seen the show, but maybe it's got a bunch of scenes where people drink coffee. That'd get them to watch it. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
Just now, Churchhoney said:

I've never seen the show, but maybe it's got a bunch of scenes where people drink coffee. That'd get them to watch it. 

My overriding memory of it was there was no crisis her goddamn husband couldn't fix by flying in on a mission to save the day. Even though he was no longer active duty and was supposed to be a professor. 🤷‍♀️

My grandparents and I used to hate-watch it together, and every time the show had him in a plane, we'd just start laughing maniacally. 

• LOL 10
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

My overriding memory of it was there was no crisis her goddamn husband couldn't fix by flying in on a mission to save the day. 

Well, that'd get Jer to watch it.....Add some coffee scenes and that could make it must-see-tv for the Vuolos! 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, that'd get Jer to watch it.....Add some coffee scenes and that could make it must-see-tv for the Vuolos! 😁

Bahahahahaha True so true! 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Zella said:

I thought Madame Secretary sucked ass. If that's her favorite show--and I really don't think it is--I'm not impressed. 

I remember football games running over and Madame Secretary would preempt The Good Wife and screw up my DVR recording. I hated Madame Secretary for that reason alone.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I remember football games running over and Madame Secretary would preempt The Good Wife and screw up my DVR recording. I hated Madame Secretary for that reason alone.

OMG Yes, I forgot it was before The Good Wife, and that's one reason why I sat through that shit for so long. It always baffled me that CBS kept trying to present Madame Secretary as prestige TV on par with The Good Wife. (I'd fight anybody right now over the awesomeness of the first 5 seasons of TGW!)

To bring that back to the Vuolos, I'd love to hear more details on the Madame Secretary love. Like, seriously, why? 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5

I saw/heard a TLC montage on TV recently as I was walking by the television. It was partially over before I stopped to look. In the few seconds I saw, I believe I saw Jing and Jer but no other Duggars.

• Useful 2
12 hours ago, Zella said:

My overriding memory of it was there was no crisis her goddamn husband couldn't fix by flying in on a mission to save the day. Even though he was no longer active duty and was supposed to be a professor. 🤷‍♀️

My grandparents and I used to hate-watch it together, and every time the show had him in a plane, we'd just start laughing maniacally. 

I remember that too. I liked the show but I hated the husband so much. He was such an asshole. My favorite was every time everyone praised him for being so great when he was so terrible. Especially all the praise he got for being the world's greatest handler. You know grabbing the poor kid off a street and talking in alleys. Wow so great! Nothing suspicious about that! Its not as if he could have you know talked to the spy after class since he was the kid's professor which would have been less suspicious. Nope keep meeting in very suspicious places. I've seen better spies from kids.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Zella said:

My overriding memory of it was there was no crisis her goddamn husband couldn't fix

8 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

My favorite was every time everyone praised him for being so great when he was so terrible.

And this may be explanation enough for why it's Jinger's "favorite show".

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

That would be Gilmore Girls. There is a lot of coffee drinking there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

That would be Gilmore Girls. There is a lot of coffee drinking there.

Oh, no they couldn't watch that. Its about a woman who got pregnant at sixteen and never got married and a daughter who likes to cheat on her boyfriends and slept with her married ex-boyfriend. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Rory lost her virginity to married Dean. That hussy. Then she dating/got pregnant by Logan who was engaged to not Rory. Writers really ruined Rory character. Went from smart going places girl to the always the side piece never the bride and unemployed. I think she was living with her mom at end.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Rory lost her virginity to married Dean. That hussy. Then she dating/got pregnant by Logan who was engaged to not Rory. Writers really ruined Rory character. Went from smart going places girl to the always the side piece never the bride and unemployed. I think she was living with her mom at end.

Or the Wookie! There's still a chance Rory got pregnant by the Wookie. 

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

Felicity is Jeremy's Mom..spit out ...I mean looks just like her...I see no Dugger looks at all!

I agree. All the Duggar grandkids are cute, but they blend together because there's not much variation in their features. Felicity might be the outlier.

• Love 4

See, I had a different opinion. I think that a sizable number of the Duggar grandchildren look like the in-laws. There are a few who take more after the Duggar side. For example, I think Izzy looks like Jill and Sam looks like John David. Garrett looks like Joe.

But Gideon is all Austin, and the older M kids (especially Mack and Marcus) look like Anna. The younger M kids (especially Meredith) may resemble some of the other Duggars. I think it's too early to tell with Bella and Grace, although I think Addison (who is around the same age range) looks like Kendra. 

Felicity definitely looks like Diana though, no question about that.

The one I'm having most difficulty placing are the Seewalds, particularly Spurge. I think he looks like a perfect blend between Jessa and Ben, whereas Henry and Ivy may be more on the Duggar side. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I saw/heard a TLC montage on TV recently as I was walking by the television. It was partially over before I stopped to look. In the few seconds I saw, I believe I saw Jing and Jer but no other Duggars.

Well, they are the breakout stars....

16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my. They did. How about just putting a shirt on your kid prior to filming?

Silly! That wouldn't show how modest and very very godly we are! 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my. They did. How about just putting a shirt on your kid prior to filming?

That sound you hear is MeeChelle's head exploding. Remember at somebody's wedding Josie was running around and her jacket slipped off, exposing a shoulder? She just about had a stroke then. And now Lissy was photographed without a shirt??? Her head will indeed explode.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Did they really photoshop out Felicity’s nipples?

I don’t think that they did. Those are screenshots from a video (Instagram stories) so I think that it’s just a case of low resolution/bad lighting/subjects in motion. Not that I wouldn’t put it past the Duggars in other circumstances 😀

• Love 11
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Are they anti-nipple for both sexes?

I don't know the answer to this question specifically, but I would imagine the modesty filter wouldn't be able to differentiate between the chest of a male and female toddler. It's not like they're all that different at that point. 

My vote is to it being blurry because it's a screenshot of a video. Jeremy is pretty blurry, too.

The concept is dumb but the video is pretty cute. Felicity looks like she's having fun, Jinger does more pushups than I could manage (which is zero, tbh), and I'm not going to fault them for doing stuff like this to pass time whIle they wait it quarantine orders. 

Edited by McManda
  • Love 6