Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I'm not convinced Jeremy will ever be able to have that revolution. I really don't think it is in him to realize he's not all that. 

I think even if Jesus himself told Jeremy this, Jeremy would ask for a second opinion. 

In which case some day it's gonna be a matter of figuring out how to pay that whole bunch of credit-card bills that have piled up -- as they tend to do over time for people who have delusions of grandeur!

56 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Jeremy’s hobbies are wearing clothes and eating food. 

lol

Darn -- I guess he really is interesting after all.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

In general, with this family I assume they’re acting as pawns/puppets for Jim Bob unless proven otherwise, 

Jeremy would so not want you to think this....😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Jeremy would so not want you to think this....

Well, he's delusion enough to think he doesn't think that either. Along with him thinking he has all those fans because he's the coolest of the cool and not because of his wife. I'd like to say eventually he'll wake up and realize that. But this is Jeremy, so no. He has so much in common with his equally delusional father-in-law both think their the best, smartest and talented despite any evidence to support that. 

• Love 9
(edited)
19 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Well, he's delusion enough to think he doesn't think that either. Along with him thinking he has all those fans because he's the coolest of the cool and not because of his wife. I'd like to say eventually he'll wake up and realize that. But this is Jeremy, so no. He has so much in common with his equally delusional father-in-law both think their the best, smartest and talented despite any evidence to support that. 

I think you're absolutely right about this.....They really are similar. Jingle married a guy with her egomaniac father's ego. 

And unfortunately for her, the main difference between Jer and JB may be that JB decided to have a gazillion kids.  And between his and Meeechelle's ridiculous level of fertility and luck, that decision got him a TeeVee show. So he's been able to grift and float on undeserved fame to a degree that just wouldn't have been possible, no matter what, if those things hadn't happened....

It seems like Jer's current quest for some kind of media-fueled career means he's trying to go that same route (consciously or unconsciously), aping JB's path to money...).

But Jer's not going to have 19 kids. So it's hard to see what gimmick he could possibly come up with that could win him anything close to JB's level of TeeVee success.....And he doesn't seem to have anything close to JB's go-getter work ethic, either. 

And if he is too self-absorbed to notice the flaws in his plans, one day life is likely to smack him in the face with the consequences of that, in the form of a helluva lot of bills he won't know how to pay,  seems to me. 

Clearly at this point he's looking for celebrity of some kind that brings some money in its wake.

If he didn't, he wouldn't be trying to be an influencer, hiring a publicist/manager? and a big agency to do...what?

Find him  valuable money-making branding opportunities based on Jingle's 1.3 million followers, who certainly include a lot of old ladies, hate watchers, and people nostalgic for the old days of 19 Kids (none of whom are very likely to buy things because Jeremy sells them...)?

...negotiate more advantageous contracts for an aging (boring) TeeVee show with a dwindling audience -- Why would the network give any of the Duggars more money for Counting On at this point? 

...get him, Jingle and Felicity a new show with....um....no gimmick? ... 

Unless lightning strikes, he's going to have to get a normal day job and give up his dream of fame sometime.

He'd chalk that up to life being monstrously unfair to a sadly under-appreciated breakout star, I suppose. But even if he always believes he's been unfairly deprived of fame and money, he has a family and someday he'll have to get a regular -- non-celebrity --  job to support 'em. I don't see what else could possibly work out -- agents or no agents.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Who knows, perhaps the UTA thing means that they really are breaking out from Counting On and getting their own show.  I can't imagine what that would look like or how popular it would be....

• Love 3

JerJer better start doing something to impress his mentor or he and his family are going to be booted out that that lux freebie house!

Trying to hide his religious beliefs auditioning for another career choice while living a life subsidized by those beliefs puzzles me.  

• Love 14
(edited)
On 2/12/2020 at 7:22 PM, Lunera said:

She wasn't wearing any blush there. When she put it on she looked clownish. She sounded so fake and kept making crazy eyes throughout the video.

Screenshot_20200212-191212_Instagram_copy_720x1280.thumb.jpg.c30f31a38c1c99bdc3b45bee5a7a456c.jpg

Screenshot_20200212-192010_Instagram_copy_720x1280.thumb.jpg.8afad40e6022d1fe17001ee65c8a1f60.jpgScreenshot_20200212-191946_Instagram_copy_720x1280.thumb.jpg.cc16ef3818b87ac59b4c6d0c285368e4.jpg

Um...isn't the point of makeup to make yourself look more attractive? So I would assume that makeup "models" would post attractive pictures of themselves?

Unless the embalmed look is a hot new makeup trend?

Carry on.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Um...isn't the point of makeup to make yourself look more attractive? So I would assume that makeup "models" would post attractive pictures of themselves?

Unless the embalmed look is a hot new makeup trend?

Carry on.

Wonder how their representation felt about that travesty!

• Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Wonder how their representation felt about that travesty!

That was her only appearance for that company, I think. I looked at the company's instagram, and they featured a lot of people doing kind of edgy stuff....Some crazy stuff. Intense......But sophisticated. Very polished......I think Jinger was trying to mimic their kinda out-there style....

.But she obviously couldn't do that at all......It didn't suit her even a little bit.......They must have just figured she could handle any makeup company because of her many years sporting raccoon eyes. But, uh, no. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

JerJer better start doing something to impress his mentor or he and his family are going to be booted out that that lux freebie house!

Trying to hide his religious beliefs auditioning for another career choice while living a life subsidized by those beliefs puzzles me.  

Nice work if you can get it.

If I didn't find Jeremy the person as odious as his beliefs, I'd almost admire this grift. I kind of love the idea of scamming the belief system you no longer believe in. Of course, in Jeremy's case, it's the other way around and he's trying to scam the general public. Here's hoping it all backfires on him and he loses the potential income stream from both ends.

• Love 17
(edited)

Without A Crystal Ball is back, dishing the dirt on Jeremy and Jinger. Katie gets a lot of basic details wrong, and completely lost me at the six minute mark, when she said Jeremy is a modern husband who believes women should have choices and an equal say in their relationships. Yeah, right.

https://youtu.be/60Wnr-0UofU

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Without A Crystal Ball is back, dishing the dirt on Jeremy and Jinger. Katie gets a lot of basic details wrong, and completely lost me at the six minute mark, when she said Jeremy is a modern husband who believes women should have choices and an equal say in their relationships. Yeah, right.

https://youtu.be/60Wnr-0UofU

Comments like that are why I just can't believe anything she or her "sources" say. 

Jinger went to LA with her husband, and while I'm sure JB hates it, I don't think she's going to disown her for doing what Jeremy says. 

• Love 12

I can see JB's reaction to Jeremy/Jinger similar to that of Mr. Keller's reaction to Rebekah and her first husband when they left IBLP. While it's not a choice that either father would make for their daughter, if the daughter is submitting to her husband then they don't need to be shunned. 

I think the main reason why JB has shunned Jill and Derick is NOT because Jill is following Derick, but because Derick is threatening to disrupt the family brand with his tweets and threatening to put out a tell-all book and so forth. Whereas Jeremy isn't bad-mouthing JB at all. 

In contrast, it would be much more difficult for a Duggar son (e.g., Josiah) to stray away and forge his own path. IIRC, Mr. Keller shunned his son Daniel even though he didn't shun Rebekah. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I can see JB's reaction to Jeremy/Jinger similar to that of Mr. Keller's reaction to Rebekah and her first husband when they left IBLP. While it's not a choice that either father would make for their daughter, if the daughter is submitting to her husband then they don't need to be shunned. 

I think the main reason why JB has shunned Jill and Derick is NOT because Jill is following Derick, but because Derick is threatening to disrupt the family brand with his tweets and threatening to put out a tell-all book and so forth. Whereas Jeremy isn't bad-mouthing JB at all. 

In contrast, it would be much more difficult for a Duggar son (e.g., Josiah) to stray away and forge his own path. IIRC, Mr. Keller shunned his son Daniel even though he didn't shun Rebekah. 

Yep, Derick is threatening the family gravy train! 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Reddit noticed they are starting a podcast this summer.

The horror..

Ugh, if it’s anything like the Would You Rather videos, I’ll pass. I just know it will be an hour of Jeremy pontificating and Jinger giggling every 10 minutes 

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

Ugh, if it’s anything like the Would You Rather videos, I’ll pass. I just know it will be an hour of Jeremy pontificating and Jinger giggling every 10 minutes 

Jinger needs to learn how to step up her presentation. Struggling in silence to come up with a simple answer is not very interesting, and dead air is a killer in the influencer (sales) profession. It won't be easy, but somebody could coach her. I started to suggest Jeremy, but that's a very bad idea, and he's not very interesting either. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Yep, Derick is threatening the family gravy train! 

He also seemingly questioned JB’s insistence that they were all volunteers while filming the show and asked about participating in any income received for it.

JB’s 11th commandment: thou shalt not come between Daddy and a dollar.

25 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Reddit noticed they are starting a podcast this summer.

The horror..

What in heaven’s name could they possibly podcast about?  Don’t most podcasts have a central theme?  I’ve heard Jeremy preach, no way he is such a polished raconteur that he’d be able to attract listeners with tales of trips to restaurants or fashion advice and Jinger is even less articulate.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jinger needs to learn how to step up her presentation

It's really a shame but she just doesn't have much of a big personality.  She's not funny, interesting or even very informative.  You'd think that with being in front of cameras almost her entire life, she'd be able to at least fake a somewhat interesting persona for the camera.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jinger needs to learn how to step up her presentation. Struggling in silence to come up with a simple answer is not very interesting, and dead air is a killer in the influencer (sales) profession. It won't be easy, but somebody could coach her. I started to suggest Jeremy, but that's a very bad idea, and he's not very interesting either. 

He also has no interest in what Jinger has to say or in helping her put her best foot forward on social media.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

He also has no interest in what Jinger has to say or in helping her put her best foot forward on social media.

And yet, he needs her or he has nothing but a washed up soccer career. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

He certainly proved that in the Would You Rather series 

• Love 4

I think Jinger does have a personality, we’ve definitely seen it in early seasons (FreeJinger wasn’t made up off of nothing, ha) but Jeremy clearly loves the spotlight and hearing himself talk.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

I think Jinger does have a personality, we’ve definitely seen it in early seasons (FreeJinger wasn’t made up off of nothing, ha) but Jeremy clearly loves the spotlight and hearing himself talk.

I agree. I think Jinger's insecurities are getting the best of her. LA seems a bit intimidating to her and I'm guessing she feels a little unenlightened around her worldly husband.  

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

35 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's really a shame but she just doesn't have much of a big personality.  She's not funny, interesting or even very informative.  You'd think that with being in front of cameras almost her entire life, she'd be able to at least fake a somewhat interesting persona for the camera.

The problem is, having a personality on camera was expressly forbidden for all the Duggar kids. The family's whole shtick was that they were a wholesome family that did everything together and loved every minute of it. Everyone loves pickles. Everyone loves broom ball. Everyone loves sharing a bedroom with all their same-sex siblings of all ages. Everyone loves doing  activities that are only appropriate for the youngest of children because they need something for TLC to film. No one could say anything that even mildly contradicted the Duggar party line of complete agreement with everything their parents said and perfect contentment with their life. So now none of the kidults have the capacity to be interesting or even just natural in front a camera, because it's ingrained in their heads that a camera means saying nothing at all authentic.

I think it was even worse for Jinger, because the family was well aware of the whole Free Jinger thing, so there was even more pressure on her to be as flat as possible on camera. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

What in heaven’s name could they possibly podcast about?  Don’t most podcasts have a central theme?  I’ve heard Jeremy preach, no way he is such a polished raconteur that he’d be able to attract listeners with tales of trips to restaurants or fashion advice and Jinger is even less articulate.

I’d listen to a podcast about how to be an Upper middle class influencer. Either that or a podcast on ways to grift.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 11
(edited)
18 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’d listen to a podcast about how to be an Upper middle class influencer. Either that or a podcast on ways to grift.

"Our first lesson, all you cool cats and kittens, is on how to pick the perfect designer pocket square. This is the pizzazz that you will tie all your thin persona of stylish intellectual around. Did you get my pun? Oh wait it isn't one because you don't tie squares. Damn. Never mind. Do you guys like my pocket square, though? I think they are pretty rad. Shit, you can't see it. I don't like talking and not being seen. Well, rest assured it is very fashionable. Be sure to also join us next week as I talk through all the ways I've learned you can be fired from influencing gigs.  "

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

It’s entirely possible that “Jinger is the spunky rebel” was mostly created and scripted by TLC.

Without a script, she’s got nothing.

Honestly, I don't even think it was that much, since, iirc, TLC didn't do anything but film her rolling her eyes occasionally and looking bored as a teen when she was forced to spend the day at a children's museum or something. The "spunky rebel" was the fevered imaginings of snarkers wanting to believe that one of the kids would one day break out and dish on the boards. 

• Love 22

I don’t think there is a script, I do think certain personalities shine through. Some of the kids are just more distinct than others. Jessa’s bitchiness, Jill’s compassion and earthiness, Jeremiah’s attraction to more intellectual acitivities like chess and poetry, Joy being a tomboy, Jinger trying to deferentiate herself by her accessories, clothes, and hair (remember her tanning/heavy eye make up days?)

Despite the considerable Gothard brainwashing, it looks like they still kept some innate traits. 

• Love 8

Jinger was the artsy one. Who knows if she has any talent, because on the one hand her photos are crummy but on the other her wedding was nice 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t think it’s the show that squashed her personality, I think it’s the Duggar Borg combined with Jeremy undermining her confidence. Well, Jeremy and the virulently misogynistic world they’re a part of.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

I don’t think there is a script, I do think certain personalities shine through. Some of the kids are just more distinct than others. Jessa’s bitchiness, Jill’s compassion and earthiness, Jeremiah’s attraction to more intellectual acitivities like chess and poetry, Joy being a tomboy, Jinger trying to deferentiate herself by her accessories, clothes, and hair (remember her tanning/heavy eye make up days?)

Despite the considerable Gothard brainwashing, it looks like they still kept some innate traits. 

I definitely think they all have personalities off camera, and sometimes they shine through, but I think the show has always most definitely been scripted. A big part of that, of course, is that that's just how "reality" tv shows operate, but looking at how they all interact with each other on camera when there's no obvious script, they're usually pretty robotic, and I think that's deliberate.

• Love 2

Despite knowing of the Duggars for years, the first actual footage of them I ever watched was the year the Josh scandals came out. I watched the awkward interviews, and that was an experience in itself. But I also watched some clip of a going-away thing for Jill and Derick before they went to Danger America. (Not sure if it was first trip or a return trip.) And it was SO awkward. I was astonished these people were related to each other and had been on TV for years. 

I think they all act like varying degrees of pod people because that's basically what they've been reduced to by their upbringing. 😞 

• Love 12

And I’m sure the buddy system didn’t help with that at all. It’s basically makeshift families within families. I certainly think the Josh situation most certainly had the biggest impact on the siblings and how they relate to each other but I think making the older girls surrogate moms really messed things up

• Love 12
(edited)

Jinger might have a personality and interests, she might not and be as boring as can be. But has she ever had a chance to just be herself or follow any of her interests? Not going up as a Duggar except for photographer. Which was basically here's a camera. She's never had any lessons or anything. She wasn't allowed to have an education or personality while under her parents' roof. They weren't interested in being anything but her doing whatever they wanted on and off camera. That really hasn't changed since she got married. Does Jeremy know or care if Jinger has a personality or interests? Judging from everything we've seen of him and that stupid quiz no he doesn't want her to have either. All her "interests" are what Jeremy's interests. She does whatever Jeremy wants her to do, the endless staged photos. When is she allowed to be herself whatever that is and follow any of her interests? Jinger might have a personality and interests. But is she ever allowed to express them? Unless they match up with Jeremy I doubt it.

Jessa's bitchy that's been shown through the show, and she clearly wears the pants in her marriage. Does she have any interests? She's not really curious, doesn't really seem to like leaving her bubble, or doing anything. Ben had interests and seemed to want to leave the bubble or at least try new things but that didn't go anywhere. Whether Ben crashed and burned or Jessa didn't want to do I don't know. I kind of think the latter.  Jessa always seemed uncomfortable when Ben tried something new. 

Jill seemed to have interests and was kind of sort of allowed to follow. Midwifing as long as she was trained by the terrible midwife Venessa who got her license revoked. Missionary didn't work out. Most of her interests really crashed and burned. But all of it leads back to her parents who gave her a crap education, made sure she had no critical thinking skills or anything she actually needed to be an adult. They set her and all their kids up for failure. She does seem to have been trying to figure out what her interests are. With her and Derick seems split from her parents and sending their kids to school. Hopefully she'll figure out her interests and be able to do so. Is she allowed to have different interests then Derrick? Will she ever develop interests and things to do besides waiting for Derick to come home or riding around with him on his job.

Joy was allowed to be a tomboy until she reached the age when suddenly she had to quit cause God forbid that should continued. Nope she had to cook and clean. She might have gotten some of that back after marrying Austin with their house flipping and stuff. Its hard to tell if Joy likes that stuff or does it because Austin does. Did she like camping? Fishing? Does she really have any interests or personality? Do any of the boys minus golden boy? Josiah probably did but they Alerted that out of him. And even though their married none of them have shown any personality or hobbies or developing any. Jana has a garden. But that's really it. Does Jeremiah still play chess? If so with who? His brother? How fun to play against the same people who probably aren't interested. Maybe he plays against the computer. That would at least give him some challenge. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 9
(edited)

Yes, I agree most of them revealed little peeks of personality. I also agree the Duggar parents only fostered what they felt was appropriate within Fundy standards. 

I felt I saw more critical thinking from Jana and Jinger than anyone else. Usually very subtle and not very often, but they both have made statements that weren't toeing the party line. 

Jessa may have been loud, but her bitchiness was all about her. Even when she went up against JB, it was about her getting married to Ben, sooner rather than later.

As adults they have choices to explore or ignore what they're realizing they don't know. It seems to me, when confronted with their arrested development, Jessa tends to ignore or defend and Jinger tends to explore or shut down.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

It’s entirely possible that “Jinger is the spunky rebel” was mostly created and scripted by TLC.

Without a script, she’s got nothing.

Jinger was also shown more often with cousin Amy, which also led to the image of rebel

• Love 2