Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

I was following the gift page and there are no more videos or pictures of Jinger. Is is now called @bgiftingtoyou. Why tf did Jerm even allow this, he knew how sketchy it was.

The Would you Rather videos are also gone. 

Screenshot_20200518-103659_Instagram.thumb.jpg.633f08590a34ef34af6cc4575e63a0a5.jpg

Edited by Lunera
Not q&a
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm wondering if they feared the backlash once people noted the change in wording. The comment section was already getting a touch hostile with people saying they were surprised Jinger was doing this. Have no idea why they were surprised--they must not have been paying attention to the desperate fame whoring Jinger and Jeremy have been doing for awhile. But I could see that really escalating once Jinger tacitly admitted that she had lied. Because that's what she did. 

Good point.  ....

Maybe they learned something! Don't do the crime if you don't want to see backlash time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Good point.  ....

Maybe they learned something! Don't do the crime if you don't want to see backlash time. 

I'm thinking they might be pretty discouraged at the moment. They've removed the Q & A videos, apparently, and this, and neither was well-received. I would actually have quite a bit of respect for Jinger and Jeremy if they had a come to Jesus moment and realized that the whole influencer thing isn't working because they are bad at it and stopped being such thirsty try-hards. Unfortunately, I suspect they are just going to develop a martyr complex and double down even harder. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

This is beyond ridiculous. Jeremy, get a damn job. You have a degree. Use it. 

He doesn’t want a job that he actually has to work at. He wants easy $. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I'm thinking they might be pretty discouraged at the moment. They've removed the Q & A videos, apparently, and this, and neither was well-received. I would actually have quite a bit of respect for Jinger and Jeremy if they had a come to Jesus moment and realized that the whole influencer thing isn't working because they are bad at it and stopped being such thirsty try-hards. Unfortunately, I suspect they are just going to develop a martyr complex and double down even harder. 

I wish I didn't think the future you depict is so likely......

Totally agree about having respect for them if they'd retrench and try seriously to learn something. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, galaxychaser said:

which is why he went after a duggar girl - the show, the followers were already in place with no effort on his part

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Yep.

And easy dollars that he can imagine come to him because he's just so damn inherently wonderful. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

They are definitely influencing me to do the opposite of what they want me to do. Grifters gotta grift. Get a job Jeremy. Even Shrek Rod has a job, we may make fun of it but he appears to be doing more than Jeremy and that's saying something.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Did she gnaw through the rind?! I think the lesson you're supposed to learn there is that you should peel and section the orange for your child, Jeremy, instead of writing a Tide commercial...

I thought the same thing, it looks like she bit into it like an apple.  I don't think orange peels are meant to be consumed, Jeremy, you idiot.

• LOL 7
  • Love 15

I kinda doubt she ate any of the rind or even bit through it, though....They're pretty bitter and most kids aren't wild about that taste, as far as I know. (adults usually aren't either!)

So maybe he ripped the top of the rind off and then handed it to her? If so, she's got no choice but to eat it the way she's eating it because she'd have a hard time finishing the peeling operation herself... She hasn't got the fingers and fingernails for it. 

Just hoping that's not an orange that's easy to break into sections, because if it is it's all a big waste....

• Love 2

There's a huge difference in someone who says something and who lives what they say.  Jeremy's professed love of God doesn't show in his actions with others.

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, wilsie said:

There's a huge difference in someone who says something and who lives what they say.  Jeremy's professed love of God doesn't show in his actions with others.

As the Shaker hymn goes, "If ye love not each other in daily communion, how can ye love God, whom ye have not seen?"

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You are right.  The only people who can ignore their followers are the Kardashian-Jenner clan.  Everyone else has to give the illusion of connection.  Jeremy and Jinger need to have a roster of responses so they look like they care.  Their followers see these comments and replies, and then feel like someone is listening and leave their own comment.  Then the number of comments and likes increases, and maybe the number of followers as well.  Right now, people are sitting at home wanting connection.  Give it to them and they will respond.  That response will generate the money.  One person killing it on Instagram during this pandemic is the actor Leslie Jordan.  He has been posting hilarious videos throughout the pandemic.  He has over 4 million followers and his latest video has been seen by a million of them.  Getting the attention of 1/4 of your followers is some amazing stats.  It can be done if you actually have content.

That would require some sort of talent and/or imagination. Jeremy was a soccer player at one point. Jinger plays piano. I'm not sure what other talents they have beyond just being downright embarrassing. 

• Love 10
(edited)

They don't seem to understand that they can't just declare themselves influencers and the world will go along. It might look easy, but it's a lot of work. First, they have to figure out who they are, who their audience is, and what their hook/story is. They seem to think if they just throw enough crap at the wall something will stick, but all these breakout attempts do is highlight just how incredibly boring, lazy, and unimaginative these two are.

If they were really honest with their audience they could have had a great story line in Jeremy gets his master's degree while Jessa transitions from small town girl to urban woman. But neither of them are willing to show people who they really are, it's all make-believe perfect life with a few make-believe problems so they stay relatable. It's easy to see through their BS because neither of them are believable actors. 

*Sigh* I just want to take these Duggar adult kids and knock some sense into them. They can get what they want, they just have to WORK for it.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

My gag-ometer is now broken due to excessive exposures.

Their efforts at damage control are rivetingly awful. Like, it's a new low. They've hit rock bottom and started to dig. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Even if Jinger is telling the truth, what kind of person makes a business agreement without "reviewing" it first?

Yes, the minions in the comments seem to be claiming Jinger's only problem was she didn't review all the accounts she wanted people to sign up for. They seem to think this acquits Jinger, but that's a horrible business practice and also ignores the fact that she was not disclosing it was sponsored after all. I did see some people pointing out that Jinger should have taken the time to have posted an apology and an explanation as a post rather than a comment, but that's being ignored. It's not good optics for budding grifters influencers. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes, the minions in the comments seem to be claiming Jinger's only problem was she didn't review all the accounts she wanted people to sign up for. They seem to think this acquits Jinger, but that's a horrible business practice and also ignores the fact that she was not disclosing it was sponsored after all. I did see some people pointing out that Jinger should have taken the time to have posted an apology and an explanation as a post rather than a comment, but that's being ignored. It's not good optics for budding grifters influencers. 

I was going to ask if she explained why the post was gone. I guess she did - sort of.

I agree, the minute the post came down, an explanation should have gone up.

• Love 9
(edited)

Jinger's response is unsatisfactory. I've never heard of IG posts going "live" as in automatically posted to her page. I believe that they knew exactly what they were doing; they're just upset that they got caught. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 21
52 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Even if Jinger is telling the truth, what kind of person makes a business agreement without "reviewing" it first?

What kinda pastor doesn't pray on it first, too?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

What kinda pastor doesn't pray on it first, too?

I suspect RFP's prayers are less of the "Give me wisdom" variety and more of the "Help people see how truly awesome, handsome, and glamorous--and did I say handsome?--that I am, Dear Lord." 

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger's response is unsatisfactory. I've never heard of IG posts going "live" as in automatically posted to her page. I believe that they knew exactly what they were doing; they're just upset that they got caught. 

Plus, she made the video. That was her talking. And she wasn't following any script. She was talking entirely as herself. And it was the video that really couched the post in a pack of pretty lies. Total lies. 

They did know exactly what they were doing. 

They may have not allowed themselves to think that it could be unethical or that their omission of facts amounted to lies that would absolutely mislead their followers (to whom they're so grateful, Jinge said in the video).

But pretending to yourself that you're behaving ethically when you're perfectly capable of understanding that you're not is no excuse. Especially when you're tooting about your godliness all over place. 

It just never ever occurred to them that they'd get called out on it and forced to look at what they were actually doing. And now they're telling more lies to try to avoid the realization. All this wriggling to try to get off the hook is also not a good look. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 24

The post wasn't up long enough for me to figure out what it was, but it doesn't sound good. Even the most savvy influencer, who has an agent and people who vet opportunities for them, should still read the post that's going up on their account. That's your brand, your online face, so it reflects back on you when it's screwed up. They aren't even amateurs at this, they are just lazy and entitled. 

• Love 12

Anything that's forced and not organic is sketchy to me.  They should fire their handlers if this is what they are pushing them to do.  I would think that a legit influencing advisor would help them shape their online presence in a more natural way.  Why the big need to "give back"?  I could think of dozens of ways to do that without resorting to cheap gimmicks.

• Love 15
(edited)

An article popped up on my newsfeed about influencers doing what is called "looping". I guess a bunch of influencers get together, independently or through an agent, and pool resources to award a prize. The article say some influencers don't give a shit and go along with whatever, where others carefully vet each other, before coming together to make a deal. One was quoted as saying its a win-win, someone gets a prize and the influencers get more followers. Many are offering Peloton bikes right now.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

They should be doing volunteer work but that wasn't how Jinger was raised, other than doing that as a photo op and evidently Jeremy doesn't do volunteer work either. Should be a good time to start if they want to garner good will. 

But they want the easy way only it isn't proving too easy, which is excellent.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14